XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, still no Mass Effect 3 DLC sale? Bummer!

Considering the Steam and Amazon Mass Effect sales last week, and this morning's announcement of Mass Effect costumes being added to the PS3's LittleBigPlanet, I thought for sure we'd see something exciting....guess I was wrong. Again. :cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so are any of the 360 puzzle quests worth getting? I know it's available on virtually everything, but 400 is pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]
I played the first one alongside it's DLC and it's very fun to play. The achievements are very straight forward; you wouldn't have any problems to 100% it by the time you beat the game.

ALAN WAKE IS AVAILABLE AGAIN THROUGH THE MARKETPLACE.

OMG! Just finished Ghost Recon Future Soldier and the DLC is about to go on sale!!!! yaya!

read good reviews about raven strike. any input on the other GRFS DLC?

[quote name='E.Nich']I played the first one alongside it's DLC and it's very fun to play. The achievements are very straight forward; you wouldn't have any problems to 100% it by the time you beat the game.

ALAN WAKE IS AVAILABLE AGAIN THROUGH THE MARKETPLACE.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. Wow, that's weird, thanks. If it gets the full 83% off price (which is doubtful) I'll probably pick it up again with the 2nd DLC that I don't already have. Thanks.

[quote name='E.Nich']I played the first one alongside it's DLC and it's very fun to play. The achievements are very straight forward; you wouldn't have any problems to 100% it by the time you beat the game.

ALAN WAKE IS AVAILABLE AGAIN THROUGH THE MARKETPLACE.[/QUOTE]
24.99€ here, if it's not -80% my money will go to someone with a code :D

In for Matt Hazard for sure. Got all excited when I saw Darkstalkers then I saw the price. Should have been 800 to begin with. 400-600 is my buy point.

[quote name='im_dany']24.99€ here, if it's not -80% my money will go to someone with a code :D[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm also from Europe, and think just like you. -80% or no deal (I guess that about 600msp :D).

Anyways I'm glad that it's back online in american and european marketplaces in time for the sale :bouncy:.

I half expected it to happen, but I bought Karateka two weeks ago, after I knew we were going to have two weeks of DLC sales, and now it's on sale.

If you want a laid back and fun pick up and play title, I think Karateka is well worth the 5 bucks (I don't feel ripped off having paid 10). The game is deceptively simple, beating it with the first guy is pretty tough and beating it without getting hit for the achievement is proving to be an old school hair pulling challenge.

83% off Alan Wake is $4.99 which doesn't seem unreasonable.
American Nightmare would be 200 msp which seems less likely to me, but not out of the question.
The DLC works out to 95 msp, which doesn't make much sense. I'd expect that to be in the 200 msp range.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']lol, the CAG curse strikes again. I bought Karateka two weeks ago when the past two weeks of DLC deals were announced, now those two weeks are up and it's on sale. I've actually enjoyed the game enough to say it is worth full price, but it's funny how every time I think of waiting for a sale, then don't, the game goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it been on sale recently already? I could have sworn it was within the past couple of months. You must have caught it between sales.

[quote name='louiedog']83% off Alan Wake is $4.99 which doesn't seem unreasonable.
American Nightmare would be 200 msp which seems less likely to me, but not out of the question.
The DLC works out to 95 msp, which doesn't make much sense. I'd expect that to be in the 200 msp range.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping for 4.99 €/$ for Alan Wake, 200 MSP for each DLC and 400 MSP for Alan Wake AN.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Hasn't it been on sale recently already? I could have sworn it was within the past couple of months. You must have caught it between sales.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened.

I checked its sale history on XBLDB and it was recently on sale in March I believe, so I figure it might not be on again until the summer. I was wrong, but that's cool because I was hooked on that demo anyway.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Hasn't it been on sale recently already? I could have sworn it was within the past couple of months. You must have caught it between sales.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did in March. So he caught it right in between sales.

Moreso, Karateka got a permenant price drop to $5 on PSN already. That price drop should be coming eventually to XBLA, so that's something to consider when thinking about buying it tomorrow.

I think I'll grab it if and when it hits $2.50/200MSP.

[quote name='Bloomy']I was able to redeem a code for Joust after it was delisted. Did some Googling to make sure of the dates (oddly, Joust isn't listed on XBLDB, must have been before the site went live), and it looks like you did, too.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310545

Granted, XBLA may be handled differently than GoD for reasons only Microsoft could (poorly) rationalize. A couple eBay sellers have received positive feedback on Alan Wake code sales in the past couple weeks, so unless there's shenanigans, they should still be good.

[/QUOTE]

the codes are codes. they can't invalidate them (unless they were illegitimate to begin with). I redeemed Alan Wake after it was delisted and it worked.

[quote name='bardockkun']And nothing next two weeks as well. This is the least amount of points I've used in a month in years.[/QUOTE]
This month was very profitable for me too (since I saved money by not purchasing games :lol:), but that is going to change about... tomorrow :wall::D

[quote name='Zonic505']Upcoming deals & content blog is up.[/QUOTE]
Nice. I'll definitely be buying Artorias of the Abyss for Dark Souls. And hopefully Alan Wake's The Writer is discounted to 200 or less. Missing out during the holiday sale is what taught me to snatch up dlc deals before owning the core game. I also wonder how Rocket Bowl plays w/o a trackball.

To everyone inquiring about the Puzzle Quests, the original is the definitive version to pick up if you're only getting one. 2 loses something the first one had, and Galactrix plays differently (pretty much universally agreed worse) than both prior iterations, so demo it first.

Also Alan Wake is one of my favorite games this gen, in my top 5 easily. Everyone with a box should play it. I echo someones prior sentiment at hoping for some kind of sequel tease at tomorrows conference.

As for me I'm thrilled I didn't touch the SS games last week as I'm actually biting on quite a bit coming up.

Bangai O, Pid and Galactrix are mine this week. Next week I'm claiming Darkstalkers.

Each of those titles are worth it to me at that price and I'm not in the mood to wait.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I half expected it to happen, but I bought Karateka two weeks ago, after I knew we were going to have two weeks of DLC sales, and now it's on sale.

If you want a laid back and fun pick up and play title, I think Karateka is well worth the 5 bucks (I don't feel ripped off having paid 10). The game is deceptively simple, beating it with the first guy is pretty tough and beating it without getting hit for the achievement is proving to be an old school hair pulling challenge.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a bit OT since this is an xbox thread, but if you aren't completely upposed to PC gaming, and have just about any computer made in the last 5 or so years, you can get Karateka with another half dozen or so games for $1 in the current Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle;)

Alan Wake sale?! fuck yes!!! Haha and I was just about to make a deal to buy the signal off some guy, too bad for him he dragged his feet even though he was online.

Edit: But if it's just the game itself Imma be sooooo shitty

Ok I know I'm in the minority but I will throw out that I thought Alan Wake was pretty dumb. It was monotonous, rediculous, and pretty boring. I had to force myself to finish it.

I really didn't care for it and I don't understand all the praise it gets. The gameplay is repetitive and the writing style was so annoying that it sapped any enjoyment the plot might have had.

I could explain further but im not here to start a fight. I just want to warn people from buying it blindly just based on all the love it gets.

[quote name='Althax']Ok I know I'm in the minority but I will throw out that I thought Alan Wake was pretty dumb. It was monotonous, rediculous, and pretty boring. I had to force myself to finish it.

I really didn't care for it and I don't understand all the praise it gets. The gameplay is repetitive and the writing style was so annoying that it sapped any enjoyment the plot might have had.

I could explain further but im not here to start a fight. I just want to warn people from buying it blindly just based on all the love it gets.[/QUOTE]

Really? Alan wake is in probably in my top 5 best games this gen.I really hope we see some AW2 tomorrow.So far a MMA game and fifa...YAWN

[quote name='Althax']Ok I know I'm in the minority but I will throw out that I thought Alan Wake was pretty dumb. It was monotonous, rediculous, and pretty boring. I had to force myself to finish it.

I could explain further but im not here to start a fight. I just want to warn people from buying it blindly just based on all the love it gets.[/QUOTE]

You and me both, though I enjoyed the story for what it was. I don't think it's necessarily a bad game, but I personally wouldn't place it nearly as high as most people here. That said I still might pick up the DLC if it's cheap enough, or American Nightmare, which I've been curious about but wouldn't even consider at full price given my feelings on the original.

Not trying to hate either, just different strokes for different blokes;)

I know I'm in the minority for hating on this game but I can't help it! I wanted it to be good. I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. But there were too many aweful names and inuendos in the game writing itself. Darkness Falls, Night Springs, etc. etc. etc. the final straw was Rose Marigold. I was so disgusted by that one that I felt intellectually assaulted.

All that really turned me off to what the game was. It was such bad writing that it pulled me out of any imersion in the game. Add in the repetitive enemy encounters and I checked out of the game mentally. The rest of it was going through the motions just to get to the end.

I understand why people like it on some level, but whatever pulled people into that game didn't work on me at all. I was repulsed by the horrific writing. But even understanding what the game was about and why some liked it, I still can't see how anyone would put it on a top 5 or must play list.

Different strokes indeed and dont let me be the only voice in your decision but I felt that I had to offer a dissenting view to all the gushing on it. I recommend reading a few reviews if there isn't a demo to try first.

I could explain further but im not here to start a fight. I just want to warn people from buying it blindly just based on all the love it gets.[/QUOTE]youre not alone. I couldn't even finish it. I really wanted to like the game but was just bored to death with the combat and pacing.

[quote name='Althax']Different strokes indeed and dont let me be the only voice in your decision but I felt that I had to offer a dissenting view to all the gushing on it. I recommend reading a few reviews if there isn't a demo to try first.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean man. The game has never interested me, not my kind of game. But if it hits 400/600msp I'll give it a try.

[quote name='Althax']I know I'm in the minority for hating on this game but I can't help it! I wanted it to be good. I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. But there were too many aweful names and inuendos in the game writing itself. Darkness Falls, Night Springs, etc. etc. etc. the final straw was Rose Marigold. I was so disgusted by that one that I felt intellectually assaulted.

All that really turned me off to what the game was. It was such bad writing that it pulled me out of any imersion in the game. Add in the repetitive enemy encounters and I checked out of the game mentally. The rest of it was going through the motions just to get to the end.

I understand why people like it on some level, but whatever pulled people into that game didn't work on me at all. I was repulsed by the horrific writing. But even understanding what the game was about and why some liked it, I still can't see how anyone would put it on a top 5 or must play list.

Different strokes indeed and dont let me be the only voice in your decision but I felt that I had to offer a dissenting view to all the gushing on it. I recommend reading a few reviews if there isn't a demo to try first.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I've noticed you seem to be in the minority on quite a few titles that come up on topic around here, original Crash Course and Battleblock for instance (the first of which I liked, the second I believe is sheer brilliance). It takes all kinds and theres no harm in having a difference of opinion.

I know I fall in the very same category with other well received titles that I just can't see any merit in. My biggest XBLA purchase regret is without question Bastion, and I even picked it up on sale. I would turn over my ownership rights to it for a mere percentage of MSP back. I find it uninspired, monotonous, and downright tedious to try and force myself through. The narrator is the only unique aspect to the game and he does nothing for me as well. Theres always going to be games that just don't click for some of us.

[quote name='crazylox2001']where the alan wake sale..maybe im slow but i dont see or when it will be on sale[/QUOTE]
In a few hours more mate, be patient.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']My biggest XBLA purchase regret is without question Bastion, and I even picked it up on sale. I would turn over my ownership rights to it for a mere percentage of MSP back. I find it uninspired, monotonous, and downright tedious to try and force myself through. The narrator is the only unique aspect to the game and he does nothing for me as well. Theres always going to be games that just don't click for some of us.[/QUOTE]
I love Bastion, is the most beautiful xbla game imo (but I admit that the gameplay is a little... clunky), and I also bought it at half price. Looking forward to Transistor by the same devs. But to each their own.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']
I know I fall in the very same category with other well received titles that I just can't see any merit in. My biggest XBLA purchase regret is without question Bastion, and I even picked it up on sale. I would turn over my ownership rights to it for a mere percentage of MSP back. I find it uninspired, monotonous, and downright tedious to try and force myself through.[/QUOTE]

26d.gif

Just kidding. :D

I'm lukewarm on Alan Wake. I played a bit of it, the graphics were very impressive and the gameplay seemed solid, but it just didn't grab me. I still haven't finished it though I'd like to sometime.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']It's all good. I've noticed you seem to be in the minority on quite a few titles that come up on topic around here, original Crash Course and Battleblock for instance (the first of which I liked, the second I believe is sheer brilliance). It takes all kinds and theres no harm in having a difference of opinion.

I know I fall in the very same category with other well received titles that I just can't see any merit in. My biggest XBLA purchase regret is without question Bastion, and I even picked it up on sale. I would turn over my ownership rights to it for a mere percentage of MSP back. I find it uninspired, monotonous, and downright tedious to try and force myself through. The narrator is the only unique aspect to the game and he does nothing for me as well. Theres always going to be games that just don't click for some of us.[/QUOTE]

I've never felt my taste was far off the mainstream but recently I have been feeling like the gaming community is on crack for some of the games that get praised to death. Part of it is that I'm more and more sticking to single player only. Castle crashers is probably a lot more fun with local co-op but I can't really see why it's a big deal playing on my own. Battleblock i haven't given a fair shake honestly. I tried the demo and got bored in a few minutes. I will probably give it another shot down the road.

I see your point on Bastion. I like it ok but haven't finished it yet and don't see why it was considered so great.

What annoyed you about the writing style? I'm just curious because the way the story was told was one of the highlights of the game for me. I don't know of any other games like it.

Agree with you on Castle Crashers though. It was a decent game with a lot of personality, but the overall fun factor wasn't there for me.

The reason for that particular writing style in Alan Wake is that he is a second-rate horror writer living through one of his own stories (or perhaps it's a second-rate horror story written by another author, but that's getting a bit too deep into it). It's intentional, and as a writer myself, I thought it was brilliant. One of my favorite games this generation.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']The reason for that particular writing style in Alan Wake is that he is a second-rate horror writer living through one of his own stories (or perhaps it's a second-rate horror story written by another author, but that's getting a bit too deep into it). It's intentional, and as a writer myself, I thought it was brilliant. One of my favorite games this generation.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Couldn't agree with more.

[quote name='simmias']Wow, all you Alan Wake haters need to put that in your sig so I know never to trust a game recommendation from you.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I second that motion! hahaha, nah, but I was surprised as well at the number of people who didn't like it.

[quote name='simmias']Wow, all you Alan Wake haters need to put that in your sig so I know never to trust a game recommendation from you.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: hahaha, that just made my night.

I haven't played Alan Wake, but everything I've heard about it is positive.

Damn another two weeks of no Mass Effect. I can't believe some of that DLC hasn't been on sale since at least 2009.
I wonder what is going to happen when the next Xbox Live marketplace is up. Will it be integrated into this marketplace, will these games drop in price before being removed down the road, and if so what happens to our stuff when the servers that have these things goes down?

Off topic, does anybody have the name of the thread with the international list of GonD that shows what can and can't be played on a US xbox? I can't seem to find it.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']The reason for that particular writing style in Alan Wake is that he is a second-rate horror writer living through one of his own stories (or perhaps it's a second-rate horror story written by another author, but that's getting a bit too deep into it). It's intentional, and as a writer myself, I thought it was brilliant. One of my favorite games this generation.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get spoilerish but I do understand what youre saying. Sadly, I could not get past the crappy writing within the game. As I said earlier, it broke any immersion I had in the game. It annoyed and bothered me to the point that I couldnt enjoy anything in it.

Well, as things have become this way before the sales go live, I'll say that Fez is a very pretty game with amazing music; but it's boring, and repetitive, and boring, and long, and... boring.

[quote name='E.Nich']Well, as things have become this way before the sales go live, I'll say that Fez is a very pretty game with amazing music; but it's boring, and repetitive, and boring, and long, and... boring.[/QUOTE]

The thing about Fez is that who are these people that are solving these puzzles (particularly in the 2nd half of the game)?!? They were just way too obscure for me and that really really detracted from the game for me. Very very minor spoiler about Fez, but I feel like the only people that Fez would really appeal to are
cryptographers.

Alan Wake is very awesome and captures an atmosphere that rarely many games do. Though, the combat can get repetitive really quick and the lack of enemy variety and predictability of how enemies spawn is kinda annoying. I still loved it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The thing about Fez is that who are these people that are solving these puzzles (particularly in the 2nd half of the game)?!? They were just way too obscure for me and that really really detracted from the game for me. Very very minor spoiler about Fez, but I feel like the only people that Fez would really appeal to are
cryptographers.
[/QUOTE]

The beauty of Fez was that at launch, it was one giant effort from everyone via message boards or Twitter trying to solve that stuff. Now, it doesn't have that charm and you're either fed the answer through already posted content or on your own. With that said, none of the hidden language is necessary to fully appreciate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back