XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']I guess that whole Used Game Fee is true, but for some reason it doesn't seem right. I mean, isn't Gamestop a big partner with MS, Sony, Nintendo? Wouldn't that severe the partnership?[/QUOTE]

It actually won't matter too much to Gamestop. As someone mentioned, they can sell the games with a redemption code, or just sell the games and inform the customers there is an additional fee they'll need to pay before they can play the game. They might have to lower prices a little, but that's about it.

Is the Alan Wake DLC compatible with the hungarian Alan Wake? I'm assuming yes since it's region free, but just wanted to make sure.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']No Backwards Compatibility confirmed even for digital content? Yeah... no... thank you MS you can shove this thing up your ***

Only things that will be transfered are Music, Movies and Avatar Stuff...yeah the important things...I see... not all of my games or DLC...because I won't need THAT on a GAMING console..[/QUOTE]
Those are exactly my thoughts.

It's a pitty that MS doesn't see Xbox1 as a gaming console. They see it as a family/social all in one digital content device. But as they know that they cash in more money in games than in movies or music... BAM, no backwards compatibility so people must pay AGAIN for the same games they already purchased on the last console.

Well PS4 looks like the best option for those that want to, you know, play games.

I'm not buying either for a while (thank you backlog) so my opinnion may change based on developments, but right now Sony sounds much more interesting.

[quote name='E.Nich']Those are exactly my thoughts.

It's a pitty that MS doesn't see Xbox1 as a gaming console. They see it as a family/social all in one digital content device. But as they know that they cash in more money in games than in movies or music... BAM, no backwards compatibility so people must pay AGAIN for the same games they already purchased on the last console.[/QUOTE]

yeah, because 15 xbox exclusives in the first year with 8 of them new franchises is definitely not gaming related :roll:

and you guys seem confused on backwards compatibility...so here's a quote from IGN's site:

"Xbox Live Vice President Marc Whitten elaborated on the situation, saying, "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective." This is a similar situation to what the PS4 is running into, where it is unable to play PS3 games due to the switch to an x86 CPU rather than relying on the last generation's PowerPC architecture."

[quote name='kcobra22']yeah, because 15 xbox exclusives in the first year with 8 of them new franchises is definitely not gaming related :roll:

and you guys seem confused on backwards compatibility...so here's a quote from IGN's site:

"Xbox Live Vice President Marc Whitten elaborated on the situation, saying, "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective." This is a similar situation to what the PS4 is running into, where it is unable to play PS3 games due to the switch to an x86 CPU rather than relying on the last generation's PowerPC architecture."[/QUOTE]

What they're saying is watch the current library of XBLA/GoD games being ported for sale on the new system.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']$10 promo credit by going to Microsoft.com and signing up to be notified when you can preorder Xbox One.

Just used mine on 1600msp[/QUOTE]

link

[quote name='kcobra22']yeah, because 15 xbox exclusives in the first year with 8 of them new franchises is definitely not gaming related :roll:

"Xbox Live Vice President Marc Whitten elaborated on the situation, saying, "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective." This is a similar situation to what the PS4 is running into, where it is unable to play PS3 games due to the switch to an x86 CPU rather than relying on the last generation's PowerPC architecture."[/QUOTE]
I know of those exclusives, and if there are about 7 new IP's I'll be gald, but what I'm not happy about, it's the lack of DIGITAL downloable content compat.

And I don't think that the new architecture is enough excuse. It's just for money, but it seems that they are plainly stealing us if we have to pay to download again the same things we already own in the last console. It should be the same (more or less) marketplace, or at least a section in the new marketplace that leads to the old, with the old arcade+dlc+GonD items, with the ones that you purchased available to redownload.

Emulation... Now I'm not talking about game emulation, but computer architecture emulation such as what DosBox does. I find it odd that Microsoft doesn't try that route considering they already use it several of their other products.

[quote name='Kaltic']Emulation... Now I'm not talking about game emulation, but computer architecture emulation such as what DosBox does. I find it odd that Microsoft doesn't try that route considering they already use it several of their other products.[/QUOTE]
Yup, that would be nice. Any solution would be great, and a good detail to their consumers. But they won't do it because they want more cash from the same things.

You'd think Microsoft would learn from Nintendo about picking stupid/confusing names for NEW consoles to distinguish them from older ones. A lot of people apparently thought that the Wii U was an updated Wii console. If someone asks me if I want an Xbox ONE, I'll tell them I've had one for years and have moved on to the 360. Dumbasses.

Is anyone excited for these new consoles because they are not what video game systems should be? I've been looking to wean myself off video games for a while now, so these all-in-one entertainment devices are doing great at killing my enthusiasm for the next generation of consoles.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']No Backwards Compatibility confirmed even for digital content? Yeah... no... thank you MS you can shove this thing up your ***

Only things that will be transfered are Music, Movies and Avatar Stuff...yeah the important things...I see... not all of my games or DLC...because I won't need THAT on a GAMING console..[/QUOTE]
Movies and music are data files, not executable code. Avatar stuff does have some executable code, but porting the avatar infrastructure from the PowerPC based 360 to the x86 Xbox One shouldn't be too difficult. Porting all games, whether shipped on a disc or just digitally, would fall to individual developers and publishers.

Emulating is one option, but the Xbox One probably doesn't have the horsepower to do it properly. When the 360 came out, emulating x86 on the PowerPC had been progressing for about a decade, so Microsoft was able to make use of that to get the 360 to play original Xbox games, with Microsoft adding more titles as the emulation improved. While it's possible to emulate PowerPC on x86 (without taking into consideration any specializations the 360 processors may have), I don't think the performance is there to meet the demands of HD gaming.

Another option is how Sony and Nintendo handled backwards compatibility for a number of their systems - by including hardware from the earlier systems in the newer ones. The PS2 I/O hardware was pretty much a PS1 chip, and the original PS3 included PS2 hardware. The Gameboy Advance was backward compatible with the Gameboy catalog because it included a Gameboy Color processor, and the DS / DS Lite included GBA hardware (but not Gameboy Color). Gamecube on Wii and Wii on Wii U are simply because they're all from the same architecture family. Gamecube on Wii U shouldn't be any technological hurdle, but it seems Nintendo wants to resell HD versions of Gamecube titles, like the upcoming Wind Waker release. I'm a little surprised Microsoft didn't try to go this route, unless they're going to try something similar to Sony's streaming method of providing backward compatibility.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is anyone excited for these new consoles because they are not what video game systems should be? I've been looking to wean myself off video games for a while now, so these all-in-one entertainment devices are doing great at killing my enthusiasm for the next generation of consoles.[/QUOTE]
I'm excited because it looks like I'm going to save a lot of money next year by sticking with my 360 and my backlog.

Guys why are talking about the Xbox One in this thread? We have a whole sub forum for Xbox and 360 and soon to be One. Don't junk up this thread with your commentary.

I'm trying to see how much that Ghost Recon and Dark Souls will be next week!

Finished updating the OP! Whoever did the unannounced price drops for May threw me for a loop. I kept seeing a link for AC Revelations and thought that either 1) someone REALLY likes that game and is replacing lots of links with that game's (is that you, Ubisoft? ;)) OR 2) someone copy and pasted and forgot to replace the links with the correct one. It's all fixed now.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Yeah, poor Gamefly :([/QUOTE]

Hmmm I didn't even think about that. They may suffer on the Xbox One front but every other console so far has not cut out used games so they still have a business. Plus they have their own digital store for PC too.

[quote name='louiedog']link[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the original person who mentioned this and louiedog for the link! Just signed up.

Someone spoke to customer support on Gamefaqs and they said that their shop is basically getting slammed now and they have to verify every order for MSP, so just give it time, since they aren't showing up yet.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Someone spoke to customer support on Gamefaqs and they said that their shop is basically getting slammed now and they have to verify every order for MSP, so just give it time, since they aren't showing up yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was just about to ask if anyone had this issue.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is anyone excited for these new consoles because they are not what video game systems should be? I've been looking to wean myself off video games for a while now, so these all-in-one entertainment devices are doing great at killing my enthusiasm for the next generation of consoles.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know why everyone is complaining, it does everything a Gaming Pc can do except for being upgradable.

What makes me laugh is people sayi they're moving to PC gaming because the consoles aren't primarily focused on games when:

Gaming PC: can use the Internet, Skype, Netflix, play music, play movies and TV AND play great games. Also has always online requirements for certain games and DRM that has caused games to crash and burn.

Next-gen consoles: can use the Internet, Skype, Netflix, play music, play movies and TV AND play great games. No always online connection needed and no crazy DRM that will cause games to crash and burn on launch.

[quote name='stoned99']So with no backwards compatibility on the XBOX One, why bother buying anything else !![/QUOTE]

Because my current console still works and I like to buy content for it hence why I'm always in this thread.

I'll also be using the promo for 1600 MSP unless I can find a cheap game I want.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Because my current console still works and I like to buy content for it hence why I'm always in this thread.

I'll also be using the promo for 1600 MSP unless I can find a cheap game I want.[/QUOTE]

At this point your renting whatever you buy. With that in mind have at it.

Also, I probably won't be getting a next gen console until a year or more from now anyway.

Too many games still worth playing. And I'm like 90% sure Rockstar said that GTA V is only on current systems. So that'll hold me over for a while by itself.

I can't believe I was right about Alan Wake being 400msp. I thought I was dreaming when I even fathomed that was possible and that I was going to get some mad hate from people by teasing about a sale that good when I updated the OP.

I cannot stress this enough. If you do not own Alan Wake and you pass up on this deal just why do you bother owning an Xbox anyways? If you cannot get $5 worth of entertainment out of Alan Wake there is something very very wrong with you.

But can I also say that I am very very worried about Remedy's next game. The last game I bought a retail game with the title Quantum in it was Quantum Theory and that game was like a shit Gears of War but with platforming and lady-throwing (I kid you not the special move is that you throw your lady at your enemy, I kept throwing my lady at my enemy until I won). But seriously, that live action with the kid looked very very very weak. It reminded me of some awful FMV stuff from the 90s. And overall that trailer made no sense, it just seemed like a bad Michael Bay movie.

Anyways, why are you reading this?! Go buy Alan Wake.

[quote name='stoned99']At this point your renting whatever you buy. With that in mind have at it.[/QUOTE]

ORRRRRRRRR I simply keep my console and continue to use it because I own it. Welcome to the age of digital content. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread. :roll: Anddddd blocked!

Fallout NV Ultimate Edition is $19.99 on the MS Store so it will be $9.99 with the coupon I just received. Looks like I'm biting on that since I was waiting on the DLC to go on sale again and the 2 I need would probably be 400 MSP anyways. Works for me! :bouncy: I might still get some MSP for that upcoming DC DLC sale.

Code seems to be 10$ off a 19.99$ item, as it looked to work on a 20$ pc game. I never completed the purchase as I didn't actually want the game.

I must be special, I was blocked because he disagreed with me. As if I care.

does anyone have a good filler item for 800 MSP? I'd prefer not to have to spend anything, but the dumb microsoft store has fixed itself and isn't letting me get a $9.99 item like it was.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Ohh I should have read this promo more carefully $10 off for purchases more than $10....so anyone want my promocode? I'm not going to use it in this case =O[/QUOTE]
I used it on a $15 microsoft point code. Waiting to see if it definitely goes through, but it should. Just spend the $5 and enjoy some points.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']Well, I don't know why everyone is complaining, it does everything a Gaming Pc can do except for being upgradable.

What makes me laugh is people sayi they're moving to PC gaming because the consoles aren't primarily focused on games when:

Gaming PC: can use the Internet, Skype, Netflix, play music, play movies and TV AND play great games. Also has always online requirements for certain games and DRM that has caused games to crash and burn.

Next-gen consoles: can use the Internet, Skype, Netflix, play music, play movies and TV AND play great games. No always online connection needed and no crazy DRM that will cause games to crash and burn on launch.[/QUOTE]

True Dat ^^
And Microsoft will continue to support the 360 as a low end gaming system for at least 2 more years.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']does anyone have a good filler item for 800 MSP? I'd prefer not to have to spend anything, but the dumb microsoft store has fixed itself and isn't letting me get a $9.99 item like it was.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest just getting a 1200msp code. Only $5 bucks and you get the money back anyway

if you guys still haven't found it, you should probably just use This Thread for XBO talk. And I think I will just pass on the promo. Have MSP left, and I'm trying not to buy anything else right now (working on backlog). Thanks anyway:)

Perhaps I missed it in all the recent posts but was it ever determined what the special bonus was for completing the 3 punchcards last month? Got my 800 points pending and my avatar award and month of live....

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Ohh I should have read this promo more carefully $10 off for purchases more than $10....so anyone want my promocode? I'm not going to use it in this case =O[/QUOTE]

I'll use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back