XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Split Second on sale. I remember enjoying it and Blur (I hope this goes on sale sometime too). Can anyone comment on the Split Second DLC on sale? Is it worth buying or should I just stick with the main game?

[quote name='Sway']Can anyone comment on the Split Second DLC on sale? Is it worth buying or should I just stick with the main game?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering this too. Are the cars in the DLC for single player mode (and if so do they give you a big advantage?), or online only, or what?

If u people haven't bought Puzzle Quest 1 or 2, do yourself a favor and get em. They are great. I think I've bought PQ1 on what, the Xbox 360, PS2, PSP and DS. Rarely do I quadruple dip on something, but I can't help it.

Wish to hell they'd actually do some DLC for the 2nd one.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've been wondering this too. Are the cars in the DLC for single player mode (and if so do they give you a big advantage?), or online only, or what?[/QUOTE]
You can use them wherever you want, though I can't speak on whether the paid cars are great or not. There is a free car and livery already on there:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...0000000-0000-400c-80cf-0014425607e7?cid=SLink
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...0000000-0000-400c-80cf-0015425607e7?cid=SLink

I guess we all know why there have been so many good sales from Microsoft this year on digital content..

Anyone else finding it hard to pull the trigger on any of these deals knowing they won't move to the X1?

[quote name='RiPPn']I guess we all know why there have been so many good sales from Microsoft this year on digital content..

Anyone else finding it hard to pull the trigger on any of these deals knowing they won't move to the X1?[/QUOTE]

Not for me.

The XB1 looks like shit so I'll probably just keep my 360 and buy a PS4 (so long as Sony doesn't screw up).

[quote name='RiPPn']I guess we all know why there have been so many good sales from Microsoft this year on digital content..

Anyone else finding it hard to pull the trigger on any of these deals knowing they won't move to the X1?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me since I'm not going to get a One (wow that sounds stupid) unless they somehow manage to get some exclusives I just can't resist. Even if I do, not like I'm gonna ditch my 360.

No backwards compatibility impacts both physical and digital copies of games. The fate of digital games/dlc was sealed after the PS4 announcement. Yesterday just confirmed what many folks on CAG (myself included) have speculated for months. So this really wasn't much of a surprise. However, I fully intend to play and beat most of my backlog before upgrading to next gen.

How is Call of Juarez Gunslinger?

I was thinking of picking it up once I get back from work tonight. Reviews seem to be pretty positive so far. I am mainly concerned about the length of the game. For $15 I want my XBLA titles to have decent replay value.

[quote name='kill3r7']However, I fully intend to play and beat most of my backlog before upgrading to next gen.[/QUOTE]

This is my plan as well, I'm not overly worried about backwards compatibility either. I don't see myself getting an Xbox One :)wall:) until late 2015 at the absolute earliest. I'm actually looking forward to less games coming out for the 360 so it feels like I'm putting more of a dent in my backlog.

I know this is a XBL forum but Alan Wake is on sale this week on the Humble Bundle. You basically get everything, the two games, the DLC, the soundtrack (which is amazing on its own), screenplays, everything and it's pay what you want (average payment at the moment is just over $2). The only bad this for Mac users who don't Bootcamp like me is that it's for PC only. I still bought it though as I want to support Remedy and hopefully see Alan Wake 2. Plus I've never really seen a video game screenplay and as a screenwriter that's kind of cool for me.

Anyways there is a very generous video by Sam Lake introducing the bundle and explaining what's going on with Remedy and Alan Wake at the moment and talking very briefly about Quantum Break. It's worth watching to be honest. It also kind of explains why everything is on sale on XBLA at the moment.

Basically there's no excuse for you not to own these games at this point whether on Xbox or PC. They are practically giving them away and I hope they are really successful with this.

Here's the link:

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

[quote name='kill3r7']No backwards compatibility impacts both physical and digital copies of games. The fate of digital games/dlc was sealed after the PS4 announcement. Yesterday just confirmed what many folks on CAG (myself included) have speculated for months. So this really wasn't much of a surprise. However, I fully intend to play and beat most of my backlog before upgrading to next gen.[/QUOTE]

Same, I have so much to play still that unless the prices are the same as a 360 a year ago I'd rather play through my backlog.

Problem is, and I'm sure others on here are like me, I talk big but I'm a tech guy who likes having the newest gadgets so who knows what will really happen.

no backwards doesn't bother me though. The past couple of gens I feel like people forgot there was no backwards really until ps1 on the ps2. Then people cried foul when they had trouble this gen, but it didn't phase me that much. I've assumed all along there'd be no more backwards. I am disappointed in the lack of digital backwards. I'm still hoping they'll figure something out, though I'm sure they won't

[quote name='tylerh1701']This is my plan as well, I'm not overly worried about backwards compatibility either. I don't see myself getting an Xbox One :)wall:) until late 2015 at the absolute earliest. I'm actually looking forward to less games coming out for the 360 so it feels like I'm putting more of a dent in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

My plan as well. Though my other plan is add to my current-gen backlog by grabbing a cheap used PS3 in a year or two once they are down to $99 or so and playing through their exclusives. So plenty of backlog to keep me busy for years. I didn't jump onto the 360 bandwagon until 2009. So I don't see myself grabbing a next-gen console until probably 2017 or 2018 at this point and I won't grab one at all unless the used game market makes sense and is fair. And if the Xbox One doesn't get its head together and learn to be about games as well as everything else I'm going to probably stay with Sony once I get a PS3 and grab a PS4 down the line.

The good news is that I'm slowly making my way through my backlog. Just on Alpha Protocol at the moment, really loving it by the way. But I think there will be plenty of games coming out for the 360 still probably at least til 2015. A lot of companies have invested tons of money in learning to develop and in creating engines for the 360 platform and so it's cheapest now to create games for it, and I think the install base will be small for the Xbox One out of the gate sort of like where the Wii U is right now, so it makes sense for developers to make games for the 360's huge customer base. This is especially true for XBLA where I'm sure we'll see a lot of games on both systems. The leap from the 360 to the Xbox One is not going to be that dramatic in terms of graphics as what it was from the Xbox to the 360. And my own personal belief is that I think that that's going to make it a hard sell until they really come out with some amazing games that set themselves apart from the 360 in gameplay rather than in graphics.

What I'm curious about too in terms of backwards compatibility is now that the Xbox One has a blu-ray drive, are we going to see Xbox One releases of certain games that never made their way onto the 360 (MGS 4 for instance). And will games from the 360/PS3 era be given new graphical updates and made to look like their PC counterparts (Metro 2033: Last Light or Bioshock Infinite for example)? Maybe From Software will re-release a version of Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour for Kinect 2.0 that actually works (yes fat chance of that).

On the topic of buying One (is it just me or does one suddenly look really weird written out?), I only got a 360 last holiday, so I have way more than enough games to tide me over for years into the future. I think it's a safe bet that the 360 and PS3 will have a good 2 more years at least of major releases, especially in the downloadable and indie game realm. Unless Sony comes out with Uncharted 4, Sly 5, Jak 4, Ratchet and Clank: The Kind You Want, Resistance 4, etc etc. I see no reason to upgrade. Xbox exclusives have never done much of anything for me, and all this talk about the One has basically killed any sort of interest I might have had.

Sorry Microsoft, Xbox One isn't the one for me:nottalking:

[quote name='RiPPn']
Yup... and as of now, I have no plans to purchase any more point cards. As of now, the 360 is the last gaming system for me. This is coming from someone who is as loyal as they come.

:)

[quote name='skonson']Gamespot gave it an 8 out of 10 in their review. I think the Xbox One reveal has made it a bad day for releasing any games as coverage went elsewhere. I watched the video review and the game actually reminds me a fair bit of Bizarre Creations' The Club, except a first person Western version. It seems like it's a very arcade based shooter that's all about racking up points, headshot, combos and strings. It looks okay. Though from what I get the story is a bit meh which is a shame as it seemed like great characters and great opportunity for a fun Western romp. Still the shooting is supposed to be satisfying and I'm digging the cel-shaded look. It's on my list of things to pick up at 600msp. But in saying that I couldn't get through the first few hours of either Call of Juarez game (like many I'm pretending that Cartel, like Rocky V, did not happen) due to getting motion sickness while playing it. I have a new TV that I won off IGN that is heaps better so maybe it won't be an issue anymore but I will probably demo this game before buying it for that reason.

I'm wondering if you and TylerH are using it right. Did you scream "Large" at your Kinect really aggressively? Cause if not I don't think Kinect can hear you as without getting too technical here, I'm fairly sure there's a 105 year old man who lives inside the thing.[/QUOTE]

I used it no problem yesterday, but don't have Kinect. Ordered the pasta/breadstick $6 Tuesday-only combo & a 2-liter, got a free DLC car for Forza Horizon.

[quote name='tuffguycore']

Problem is, and I'm sure others on here are like me, I talk big but I'm a tech guy who likes having the newest gadgets so who knows what will really happen.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm sure I'll pick it up sooner rather than later. Some of the features that most gamers don't care about are appealing to me. If XboxOne works as advertised it has the potential to be a great entertainment device. Plenty of people are willing to pay a couple of hundred dollars for a top of the line Harmony Remote. So, what's a few hundred more for a gaming console and blu ray/media player. That said, I will not be buying an XboxOne for at least one year...RROD enough said.

[quote name='guyver2077']i finally see quake on sale..

anyone know if that game has a community?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, nope. It's dead, a ghost town.

The first few months after it came out was great fun though, I just think the poor netcode drove everyone away.

[quote name='Matenshi']Doesn't bother me since I'm not going to get a One (wow that sounds stupid) unless they somehow manage to get some exclusives I just can't resist. Even if I do, not like I'm gonna ditch my 360.[/QUOTE]

At least with the 360, we'll still be able to play these downloaded games (as long as we already have them downloaded) years from now. From what I'm understanding about the X1 (with the limited knowledge we have at this point), if you need to be online to verify your own the game you're playing (already dumb as I do not have an active internet connection more often than not), once the X2 is out and servers start getting shut down, all games you have for the X1 will become unplayable.

This, combined with the need for multiple accounts having to essentially pay to play the games, I'm not interested in the X1 at all. I'm not going to an "extra fee" so my wife and children can all play the same games I do. Ridiculous. I have my fingers crossed that the PS4 will not be this bad. Otherwise, looks like I'm out this generation.

That being said, I'm liking this Disney sale and was able to grab Disney Universe and Epic Mickey 2. Still debating on Alan Wake. I'm sure it's good, just afraid I'll get bored with it before I've finished it. How long does a normal, first-time playthrough take?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Still debating on Alan Wake. I'm sure it's good, just afraid I'll get bored with it before I've finished it. How long does a normal, first-time playthrough take?[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is a good length. About 8-10 hours on normal most likely (I played it on hard). I tended to explore the map for the fact that it's gorgeous and that I wanted to find chests and manuscript pages, so it took me longer. The nice thing about it is that each level is an episode with a recap at the start. So it's really designed to be played over a time period rather than in one long sitting (though I did the latter for the last half of the game as I couldn't wait to see the ending). So if you do get bored you can put it down for a few weeks like The Walking Dead game, come back to it and still feel like you haven't forgotten what's been happening. Each of the DLC is about another 90 minutes as well. Though they have replayability for achievements. I would definitely grab Alan Wake. I know I keep saying that. But it's amazing. You will get more than $5 out of it. And even if you were to buy a disc I'd tell you to install it as running the game from a disc is loud as with this title. So just buy it, it's a big favour to yourself.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hmm tried the Demo of Rocketbowl not sure if I will buy that even for 200 MSP...[/QUOTE]

The PC version has the weirdest pay system I've ever seen. You get the first 60 minutes free and then after that you pay $0.01 per minute to play it. It's a horrible game as compared to something like the Kinect Sports Bowling gem which is arguably one of the best things you can play on the Kinect. I'd absolutely skip it even at 200msp.

[quote name='skonson']My plan as well. Though my other plan is add to my current-gen backlog by grabbing a cheap used PS3 in a year or two once they are down to $99 or so and playing through their exclusives.[/QUOTE]

nice idea! But... Will it ever get that low? Remember it's still a blu ray player and a rather good one from what I've read so 99$ might be a long time coming...

I love Alan Wake and have gotten all of the achievements, but don't know if i would enjoy America Nightmare. Has anyone played it? Should i get it for this price?

[quote name='kill3r7']Same here. I'm sure I'll pick it up sooner rather than later. Some of the features that most gamers don't care about are appealing to me. If XboxOne works as advertised it has the potential to be a great entertainment device. Plenty of people are willing to pay a couple of hundred dollars for a top of the line Harmony Remote. So, what's a few hundred more for a gaming console and blu ray/media player. That said, I will not be buying an XboxOne for at least one year...RROD enough said.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with you there. It'll be at least 6 months before I think about it, same with ps4. I like the multimedia stuff with the xone, and if I can use it as a receiver for directv that would be greatly appreciated so I didn't have to rent one anymore. Either way I have to see more first

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hmm tried the Demo of Rocketbowl not sure if I will buy that even for 200 MSP...[/QUOTE]

This isn't related, but I have to say your new sig might be the most epic thing ever:bouncy::applause::bouncy:

I had 450 points and was curious about Dark Souls in next weeks sale, but figured it wouldn't be $5. So I picked up Alan Wake American Nightmare.

Really liked the main game, always wanted this.

[quote name='Althax']nice idea! But... Will it ever get that low? Remember it's still a blu ray player and a rather good one from what I've read so 99$ might be a long time coming...[/QUOTE]

Blu-ray players are about $80-100 new here (I have a new Sony one that retails for $90). I can grab a PS3 today used for about $140 (a 120gb version) from my local pawn shop (cash convertors where I bought a Wii for $8 the day after the Wii U dropped). I'm more than sure in a year or two I'll be able to grab a PS3 for under $100. I'm not saying new but I don't mind buying used. In the meantime I'll try out some Wii games once my 360 backlog gets tinier. But with Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas and GTA V on the horizon, not to mention another 150 retail games and 100 XBLA games I probably have 5 years of gaming already so I will wait out for a cheap PS3.

i wish toy story 3 was cheaper. awesome game, easy platinum/1000GS and really fun because of the toy box mode. $10 is kinda steep though when you consider alan wake is $5

[quote name='IllusiveMan']I love Alan Wake and have gotten all of the achievements, but don't know if i would enjoy America Nightmare. Has anyone played it? Should i get it for this price?[/QUOTE]

I loved Alan Wake too. Have all but 2 cheevos, and I can't stand American Nightmare. It just seems like a bad Alan Wake fan fiction. The dialog is awkward, the gameplay is the same and the story seems to just jump around like crazy.

Also, on the Xbox One topic.

Three things are keeping me from getting one:

1. Can't transfer digital content over from the 360.
2. It seems like I have to use the Kinect.
3. You can't borrow/trade/resell games without paying a fee. I swap games with my friends a lot, and often this will lead me to picking up the game. Not anymore.

[quote name='IllusiveMan']I love Alan Wake and have gotten all of the achievements, but don't know if i would enjoy America Nightmare. Has anyone played it? Should i get it for this price?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely you should get this if you love Alan Wake at an insanely cheap price.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Yeah I'm with you there. It'll be at least 6 months before I think about it, same with ps4. I like the multimedia stuff with the xone, and if I can use it as a receiver for directv that would be greatly appreciated so I didn't have to rent one anymore. Either way I have to see more first[/QUOTE]

You still have to have the DTV box connected you're just using the XBox interface instead.

It's going to take a game like Fallout 4 or a ridiculously low price to make me want to buy an XBOX One. That will give me enough time to make a serious dent on my ever-growing backlog. I have no problem continuing to take advantage of the DOTW as long as I can find cheap MS points.

In for Pid.

Another off topic thing - sorry. But I just got to thinking that if the Wii U has staying power and doesn't die like a Dreamcast and if there is slow adoption of the Xbox One, there's a good chance that we might see games for many years to come for the 360 as the processing power is just about as much as what the Wii U is capable of, so if people are creating Wii U games they might port them over (or vice versa) to the 360. This means that there might be years worth of backlog to come for us Xbox One haters.

Pid looks cool, somehow i never heard of the game.

Seems like a lot of complaints were about difficulty? Did the XBLA version ever get the "easy mode" patch like on steam?

(yep, I'm a wimp that hates hard games.)

Just a heads up, my 800 points from the xbox rewards punch card were just deposited to my account. Call of Juarez is mine.

[quote name='JDMoney']Just a heads up, my 800 points from the xbox rewards punch card were just deposited to my account. Call of Juarez is mine.[/QUOTE]

Yea got mine too.

Just like xbox to not add it all week when I needed points but then add it today after I've picked up a 4000 points card. :roll:

Got my 800 from the punchcard as well.....Just a bummer that I didn't get it while GGXXACP was on sale. Now to see what exactly the VIP Exclusive is.

[quote name='francium34']Pid looks cool, somehow i never heard of the game.

Seems like a lot of complaints were about difficulty? Did the XBLA version ever get the "easy mode" patch like on steam?

(yep, I'm a wimp that hates hard games.)[/QUOTE]

There is title update for XBLA version, but doesn't seems to add easy mode. Options are still normal and hard. I wish Microsoft had descriptions with fixes of all updates before you download them.
Also pc version have exclusive free challenge mode dlc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJ9qmlFNFU

Anyway, this game is totally worth 400msp - it's quite long with varied levels, amusing characters and good atmosphere. Give a whirl to trial version.

[quote name='JDMoney']Just a heads up, my 800 points from the xbox rewards punch card were just deposited to my account. Call of Juarez is mine.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. My 800 points reward has Dark Souls writen all over it :lol:

Also, it seems this (360) will be my last console. In advance I'll get a good PC and I'll play through Steam. The fact that you can't import your digital purchases to the new system has been decisive for me.

[quote name='francium34']Pid looks cool, somehow i never heard of the game.

(yep, I'm a wimp that hates hard games.)[/QUOTE]

Sath is right, they did not patch in an easy mode. I believe the patch they did add was to fix an error that was causing save files to be corrupted.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You still have to have the DTV box connected you're just using the XBox interface instead.[/QUOTE]

Ah, fair enough. Then it might take me even a little longer with my backlog and all that. But, like I said, I talk a big game, so we'll see when/if I break. I've been strong on the Wii U so far...

[quote name='limelight022']Looks like Im going to replay Split/Second again but now with the DLC. Another excuse to replay that awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I get paid I'm definitely grabbing that and all the Alan Wake stuff - the Full game since I already have it.

Speaking of Alan Wake, I started playing it last night. Man, I am ridiculous for having this on my harddrive for well over 2 years and not playing it. So far it's pretty awesome. It even actually creeps me out in the best way possible. I'm on episode 3 and I like that they're all about 1-2 hours per episode so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back