XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fable 3 is free on Xbox.com. You have to click on "Buy Now" and it will show up as free in the purchase menu. There's a thread about it in the Contests/Free Stuff section.
Awesome thanks. I don't check the Free Stuff section enough.

Do you think I need to download it tonight or will is still be available in the morning? I already "purchased" it, but I want to know if I should get out of bed and start it tonight.
You should be fine, it's still connected to your account as being purchased either way, so I don't think it'll make a difference if you download it now or tomorrow.

[quote name="WolfmanASTN" post="10608360" timestamp="1370837372"]
Fable 3 is free on Xbox.com. You have to click on "Buy Now" and it will show up as free in the purchase menu. There's a thread about it in the Contests/Free Stuff section.[/quote]
Wow, glad I checked this thread before I went to bed. Downloading now :D

Fable 3 is free on Xbox.com. You have to click on "Buy Now" and it will show up as free in the purchase menu. There's a thread about it in the Contests/Free Stuff section.
Thanks Wolfman, this is the only thread I check everyday. Better get into the habit of checking the free stuff thread too.

Also that 1 month free Gold link still works for those without Gold. I used it on my fake account to get the game in case they tried to be slick and take points since i have none on that account.

I just neglected my social life and spent an entire weekend playing State of Decay.
Was it worth it? lol
I'd say so this. This game is kinda broken, kinda ugly (some serious issues with pop ups and screen tearing, sometimes it looks like an n64 game) and about an hour ago I finally realized that there I was hit with a glitch that stopped missions from appearing. And now, with only like 2 missions left (which were never showing up), I just played until my base was overwhelmed and all my characters died. I swore, I criticized, then I started a new game.

I can't really recommend it until it's patched, but it's probably my GOTY so far.

I just neglected my social life and spent an entire weekend playing State of Decay.
Was it worth it? lol
I'd say so this. This game is kinda broken, kinda ugly (some serious issues with pop ups and screen tearing, sometimes it looks like an n64 game) and about an hour ago I finally realized that there I was hit with a glitch that stopped missions from appearing. And now, with only like 2 missions left (which were never showing up), I just played until my base was overwhelmed and all my characters died. I swore, I criticized, then I started a new game.

I can't really recommend it until it's patched, but it's probably my GOTY so far.
I'm really enjoying the game right now, but if I get that glitch that deep into the game I'll probably never play it again.

Was it worth it? lol

what glitch are you talking about? the one where the guys never come back to home after searching for materials? it's happening to me too..

The glitch I had stopped story missions from even appearing. It was just a  constant barrage of Infestations and Hordes that popped up as soon as I finish one off.

Do you think I need to download it tonight or will is still be available in the morning? I already "purchased" it, but I want to know if I should get out of bed and start it tonight.
Nope, it's fairly certain this is either to drum up interest for the "Fable Anniversary" re-skin/re-work coming this fall, or in preparation for a "Fable 4" ... or the most likely theory I've heard, that "Xbox Gold" will now include free games, akin to PS+. In any case, once you've "purchased" it via Xbox.com or your Xbox 360's own Marketplace, it's yours. Just like how I own "Fable 2" when they mistakenly loaded the whole 6GB game in the slot of what was supposed to be "Fable 2 Episode 1". :)

Thanks for the heads up on the Fable 3 thing fellas!

I never did play 2, but hot damn did i love the first one. 

The glitches on state of decay have me worried... guess i will sit on these points for the time being. 

Anyone have an opinion on Phantom Breaker or the Skulls of the Shogun game? I love brawlers and FFT is like my fav game of all time... does Skulls play similarly to that perchance?...

There is a glitch in the marketplace and you can get Fable3 for free through the console. Good luck, hope it's still up.

edit: Ooops, think I arrive late, very late as a matter of fact  :) WOW, that glitch has endured 6 hours by now. I seems that they aren't in a hurry to fix it.

edit2: @Cornelius: about that theory of that Xbox Gold now has free games akin of PSN+, it can be easily proven. Just try to play that game offline, if you can't, then it's not "Gold exclusive" like Crash Course 2.

Was it worth it? lol

This. I blew the majority of my weekend on it as well. It is sometimes broken and fairly ugly but the game, more enjoyable than anything I've played this year, that includes Bioshock. Once it is patched, I will play through it again.

I may bite on Sleeping Dogs. The melee combat in Arkham Asylum was one of my favorite things about that game (along with how easy it was to get around), and the combat in the SD demo flowed very similarly. The shooting in SD reminds me a bit of the first two Max Paynes (the third is on my short wish list), and slap on some decent driving mechanics (from what I've heard) and a cool Hong Kong crime atmosphere, and I'm fairly optimistic I'd get my moneys worth..... I really didn't get into GTA IV at all, but Sleeping Dogs could be the knockoff for me.
Honestly, I LOOOOOVED the PS2 GTA games, didn't like GTA4 either, but SD is a real good game, the combat, shooting and driving all work really well.
A lot of previous GTA fans that I know didn't like GTAIV either. I think I'm in the minority when I liked Vice City the best. I didn't like how big San Andreas was and think I read that GTAV's city will be even larger so that's a turn off. I feel overwhelmed when there is so much to do - that's part of why I quit playing Oblivion so early and haven't bothered with Skyrim. I think there has a be a balance between size and variety. Wilder sandbox games like the Saints Row franchise, Just Cause 2, and Crackdown 1-2 are more fun to me. I think Red Dead Redemption is the best Rockstar game I have played. I read the GTAIV DLC was better and more varied than the base game and got the GOTY for cheap during Black Friday, but it's on my backlog pile.

So how many hours does it takes to finish State of Decay? I am afraid to start playing and ending up committing a huge chunk of time for it.

So how many hours does it takes to finish State of Decay? I am afraid to start playing and ending up committing a huge chunk of time for it.
you could burn through the game in less than 10 hours but i've played probably like 20 and have hardly touched the story missions, it's addicting just looting things leveling up different characters, finding new characters, finding new bases and upgrading them, all of that stuff is p much independent of the story. so really it's as short or long as you want it to be. i enjoy getting sidetracked and milking it, but if you wanted to beat it quick it's not that long. a true sandbox experience if i've ever played one. one where it's actually fun to run around and sandbox, unlike gta 4 where i beat the game then was like yeah so, i'm done with this game forever.

Beside the Lionsgate Fable 3 thing we will apparently get 2 Free Games every month (Gold Members only) first two games will be Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 apparently...old games but free so can't complain at all =P

Beside the Lionsgate Fable 3 thing we will apparently get 2 Free Games every month (Gold Members only) first two games will be Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 apparently...old games but free so can't complain at all =P
Plus you apparently get to keep them even when your membership ends, unlike PS Plus.

So Microsoft is killing the spacebucks currency. However, reading on the comments on Kotaku, we have until August to use the points or lose them completely.

I hope that's not true.

So Microsoft is killing the spacebucks currency. However, reading on the comments on Kotaku, we have until August to use the points or lose them completely.

I hope that's not true.
Just saw this on kotaku, why would anyone say that without then giving their source? And ending in August when xbone comes out nov? Seems sketchy but that would be a pretty dick move.

I hope that's not true.
It's Kotaku and you're reading the cesspool known as Kotaku comments. That's like shit on top of shit.

I hope that's not true.
I wouldn't get too worried over a random comment on Kotaku.

$500 for the new xbox does seem steep. I kinda wish KI would also release for the 360 aswell, but overall i give microsoft 's press a B. Hopefully the sunny day sale has some good arcade and ondemand games on sale.

Not being too worried. It's only one person who just trolling that article.

Anyway, was about to do some trade ins at Gamestop until they unveiled a new XBox 360 design. Wonder if Gamestop is doing a trade in offer for the new console refresh. I'll get it right away if they are.

no way they would remove everyones points left in their account by august thats just retarded they would get sued by everyone

Maybe I misheard, since you're the 2nd person to say this, but I thought they just said that AC2 and Halo 3 would be part of this promo, but not necessarily be the first 2 free games made available.

I hope that's not true.
It's Kotaku and you're reading the cesspool known as Kotaku comments. That's like shit on top of shit.
With shit as its base...

Absolutely, no way that's true. I suspect that you'll keep your points till you spend them all and swap over to real currancey.

Maybe I misheard, since you're the 2nd person to say this, but I thought they just said that AC2 and Halo 3 would be part of this promo, but not necessarily be the first 2 free games made available.
I heard it was part of the promo. Not the only 2 choices.

what exactly is the sunny day sale and when is it? I have about 1700 msp banked now and im itching to pull the trigger on state of decay or the scott pilgrim dlc

Tyler is correct, they only said AC2 and H3 were PART of the promotion...not the first two we are getting. Even if they are they are great games. I have been wanting to pick up H3 again for a long time and I bought AC2 last year and still have fun with it every time i pick it up.

Its the sale that starts tommorrow. Sunny day isnt the name, but im too lazy to look up the actual name of the sale. As for the Halo and AC 2, they are indeed the first 2 games part of the program (well techincally Fable 3 is) and if I remember correctly they come out next month. The new xbox doesnt come out till November so why the hell would Microsoft points be ditched in August? Makes no 10000000% no sense.

Its the sale that starts tommorrow. Sunny day isnt the name, but im too lazy to look up the actual name of the sale. As for the Halo and AC 2, they are indeed the first 2 games part of the program (well techincally Fable 3 is) and if I remember correctly they come out next month. The new xbox doesnt come out till November so why the hell would Microsoft points be ditched in August? Makes no 10000000% no sense.
whats your source on H3 and AC2 being the first two games because they said in the live conference that they were examples of some of the free games we would be getting. Not that they were the first ones.

Hey my fellow CAGs,

Just a short FYI. MS is going to retire Microsoft Points soon. They will exchange your saved up MSP for the equivalent in real world currency. Here comes the kicker though. The exchanged funds will expire after a year!!!

When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.
The whole confusing 1337 PR spin can be found here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Hey my fellow CAGs,

Just a short FYI. MS is going to retire Microsoft Points soon. They will exchange your saved up MSP for the equivalent in real world currency. Here comes the kicker though. The exchanged funds will expire after a year!!!

When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.
The whole confusing 1337 PR spin can be found here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq
and there it is

This exchange could be good though.  If stores are unable to sell the point cards back to MS there is going to be some quick heavy price cuts on point cards.

whats your source on H3 and AC2 being the first two games because they said in the live conference that they were examples of some of the free games we would be getting. Not that they were the first ones.
Welp according to various news-sites those 2 Games will be the first two games...the promotion will start 1st July... with the 2 mentioned Games apparently...

but but but... WHAT ABOUT MY BING REWARDS?!?!?!
Microsoft says thanks! To put it in Michael Pachter's words:"It's a profit deal!" Just not for you, and since you agreed to their ToS you can't even sue them in a class action lawsuit, lol.

I know a lot of CAGs here have saved up a ton of MSP through trades, rewards or promotions. I was planning on spending them on Xbox One games, sales etc. down the line. But there is no way I'll pick up a Xbox One in a long time. Just another dirty trick from MS to make money off of you, but what can you expect after the recent announcements.

I still say this will be a good thing.  Stores will probably be forced to discount their points (any coincidence best buy and other places have been having more free points offered with orders?) 

This means those of us that have no interest in an xbox one can buy up all the GOD, xbla and DLC for decent prices without waiting for sales. 

But then again microsoft may just buy all their point cards back from retailers...

Oh and I guess I'll be getting amazon cards instead of msp through bing...

shivering isles DLC is 800 on xbldb.com. probably part of this weeks new spring sale, though it is a bad sign of what kind of content will be on sale...

but but but... WHAT ABOUT MY BING REWARDS?!?!?!
Microsoft says thanks! To put it in Michael Pachter's words:"It's a profit deal!" Just not for you, and since you agreed to their ToS you can't even sue them in a class action lawsuit, lol.

I know a lot of CAGs here have saved up a ton of MSP through trades, rewards or promotions. I was planning on spending them on Xbox One games, sales etc. down the line. But there is no way I'll pick up a Xbox One in a long time. Just another dirty trick from MS to make money off of you, but what can you expect after the recent announcements.
What can you expect from any business other than them aiming to make money off of you?

shivering isles DLC is 800 on xbldb.com. probably part of this weeks new spring sale, though it is a bad sign of what kind of content will be on sale...
maybe they're starting to cut DLC prices for current gen... i still need to get a lot of DLCs for old games but don't want to spend full price (GRAW2, Halo Wars, COD WaW)

I'd stop expecting huge clearance sales on points. I mean, seriously people, those cards are worth ZERO until the register adds currency to them. The retailers aren't out a damn thing by this change. They'll just throw them all in the trash and replace them with Xbox gift cards with real world currency on them. Unless you find stores still selling cards in the clamshell packaging, which are probably well extinct by now, a huge dump sale is not happening.

Press release to clear up the issues with the free games

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-marc-whitten

States the promotion runs through the end of the year (so that's 6 months) and is in bi-monthly intervals so one game availabe every 2 weeks roughly.
So ACII and H3 are just part of it, not necessarily first. ANd "Kinect required for some games" Ugh. I don't have a Kinect so that will suck.

Press release to clear up the issues with the free games

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-marc-whitten

States the promotion runs through the end of the year (so that's 6 months) and is in bi-monthly intervals so one game availabe every 2 weeks roughly.
Thanks for that link! I knew I didn't hear incorrectly. Outlets reporting that H3 and AC2 are the first 2 games are the ones that heard incorrectly.

I mean, it's still entirely possible that those are the first 2 games we get, but it certainly hasn't been confirmed.

So correct me if I'm misinterpreting this article. All of the MSP I have currently on my account will be automatically transferred to its 'real money' counterpart later this year and these will expire 1 year from that transition date. For those MSP cards that haven't been redeemed yet and are redeemed after the transition date, they will be automatically be changed to their real world currency and they won't expire. Is this about right or am I making a big misunderstanding somewhere?

Hey my fellow CAGs,

So correct me if I'm misinterpreting this article. All of the MSP I have currently on my account will be automatically transferred to its 'real money' counterpart later this year and these will expire 1 year from that transition date. For those MSP cards that haven't been redeemed yet and are redeemed after the transition date, they will be automatically be changed to their real world currency and they won't expire. Is this about right or am I making a big misunderstanding somewhere?
That's up to debate! But I'm pretty sure they mean MSP cards redeemed after the official transition will be exchanged automatically and the funds added expire a year after you redeemed the cards. The other phrase is probably just meant to reassure people that the funds added from the new gift cards won't expire as opposed to MSP cards that will work for a while after the transition. Although MSP weren't supposed to expire either, which they obviously do now!

It's the perfect crime! Just think how much cash MS will collect thanks to all those tiny MSP amounts you can't spend on anything before they expire. You can't do anything against it! Sorry for being so blunt, but at this point you can be sure MS expects you to kiss their collective arses for giving you a "promotional" value in exchange to begin with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back