XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody actually read that?
If you're referring to Crono-00's post then yes, yes I did. Thoroughly. In fact I watched his links too. Rather enjoyed the Street Fighter Alpha fights as well as the horrid developer commentary/trailer for Girl Fight (though some of those mechanics look interesting in terms of updating the fighting game genre - invisibility, the added damage vs. taking health loss trade-off of the fire). Anyways one of my favorite things to do with my week is reading what Crono-00 has to post. If you don't like it may I recommend just using the scroll button on your trackpad or mouse. It takes all of 4 seconds once a week to do it. I'm sure you can afford that. Obviously you had enough time to make this short post. And clearly you don't have any idea what trolling means as it's about trying to sow discord to start arguments and upset people. As someone said it's a shame that you feel that someone having an opinion and a fair one or educated one at that is trolling. That's very sad on your part.

Anyone know if SEGA patched the controls in NiGHTS? I'm looking for a reason to get back to this game and finish it up at 100%.

btw Looks like new XBLA bundle is coming:

BNV0kaYCIAESgt6.jpg

I'm gonna be the one to say it, but Sonic Generations is the only game that just gets progressively worse. I loved the first third, the second third was okay, and the last third made me hate the game with a passion. The enemies get dumb and the last boss is probably the worst boss I've ever played.

Looking ahead to next week, is Perfect Dark worth it at 400? I have never played it, but I'll probably leave it alone if it has aged poorly.

I will certainly check out the trial, but I value the opinions around here.

Looking ahead to next week, is Perfect Dark worth it at 400? I have never played it, but I'll probably leave it alone if it has aged poorly.

It's aged poorly. Just the AI at the time was amazing, but playing it now it just isn't up to snuff with modern first person shooters. Same with some of the controls and other small problems like how somethings come down to trial and error. I Mean there are some awesome innovations that I wish other games would follow (added objectives and enemies when you switch up difficulties, counter-operative play where you play as Joanna while the other person plays as a grunt with low health and jumps bodies to another enemy once he dies), but playing the game without experiencing it when it first came out makes it a bit harder to forgive how innovative and fun it was at the time.

BNV0kaYCIAESgt6.jpg

The four games are ilomilo, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Lazy Raiders and The Splatters.

I like and own the first 3. Didn't care for The Splatters.

I'll be honest. I never had a N64. The last console I owned before a 360 was a Genesis (or Master System). So I never played Perfect Dark. But I think if you are someone who owned it you likely sunk 100s of hours into it at one point in your life and so you'd be familiar with every single corner in the game and if that's the case then buy it cause you probably want some nostalgia, but if you're like me and this is your first time trying it then be prepared as it's rather an ugly looking and confusing FPS that I sort of regret buying as I can never be bothered to play it. Quite honestly I don't even understand the menu system or how you can wander around your base or really anything about the game. It seems built to alienate people who never picked it up and probably suffers now that I have no proper manual to leaf through. I think N64 ports are just difficult to pull off as let's be frank it was a rather blocky look that to be honest I didn't even appreciate back then. I never really liked 3D games on the N64. And even up-rezed them are kinda fugly. There are better FPS's on the market. But if you are keen to see where they started then try this out. I think the trial is only a few hundred megs anyhow.

I'm gonna be can't one to say it, but Sonic Generations is the only game that just gets progressively worse. I loved the first third, the second third was okay, and the last third made me hate the game with a passion. The enemies get dumb and the last boss is probably the worst boss I've ever played.
Good to know. Oh well, I don't really care much for Sonic so I doubt I'll see the first 1/4 of it. The demo and the price finally persuaded me.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were awesome moments in fps history, but are basically unplayable by todays standards.

Speaking of next weeks sales, been playing the demos but can't get a strong impression either way for some. Spelunky has caught my eye for awhile and I really like the demo, that's pretty much a buy. Slowing time in Sine Mora is pretty cool, but the weapons are boring. Is that the kind of shmup that you upgrade between levels or was I just missing the drops? Finally, how is Bloodforge for length and replay value? My bro wants a hack n slasher, and it seems ok, but the demo showcases a lot of gameplay not in the demo. Is there an inventory that you can switch weapons from, or do you have set weapons for certain levels?

And btw, what is it people see in Guardian Heroes and D&D? With Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers, nostalgia isn't enough to sell a brawler for me. That, and I have emulators when I want to play Double Dragon, Final Fight (Guy or arcade of course), TMNT, Xmen, Combatribes, etc etc.

I like the arcade bundles but having to play them off the disc kind of ruins them for me.

They're not on a disc. It's a digital collection just like the Twisted Pixel one. It's no different than buying each game individually you just get a better price for buying bulk.

Guardian Heroes is not nostalgia.  It's a solid game.  I missed it on the saturn and the copy I bought on ebay wouldn't play so I finally got to enjoy it on xbla.  It's a great game.  I would much rather play this than either scott pilgrim or castle crashers.  The cpu robot plays along with you so even if you don't play with friends it still kinda feels like it.  The special moves, leveling up and choosing your path make this a game I still fire up occassionally in between working on the backlog. 

Try the demo.  Realize that there are a lot of street fighter style moves too (tossing a fireball motion).  I got it last time on sale for 400 and don't feel bad that it's even cheaper now because I've gotten 200 points worth of extra enjoyment owning it this long. 

Edit: I was trying to quote maesto but it didn't work.  Whenever the background is white I can't do that for some reason.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were awesome moments in fps history, but are basically unplayable by todays standards.
Whatever standards you're referring to here, they're completely wrong. Perfect Dark has aged with less grace than Goldeneye has, but they are still better than most of the shit churned out in recent years. Unplayable? Nah, you just forgot how to plug in an N64 controller and have a good time. :roll:

I like the arcade bundles but having to play them off the disc kind of ruins them for me.

They're not on a disc. It's a digital collection just like the Tewisted Pixel one. It's no different than buying each game individually you just get a better price for buying bulk.
Oh I see, I was thinking that it was like the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation and Xbox Triple Pack.

I read on Major Nelson's site that Black Ops 2 will be on sale next week and that Bioshock Infinite will be available on the dashboard. How much of a discount can we see on BLOPS 2 and the season pass? 50% off on both? Infinite will cost $39.99? 

Whatever standards you're referring to here, they're completely wrong. Perfect Dark has aged with less grace than Goldeneye has, but they are still better than most of the shit churned out in recent years. Unplayable? Nah, you just forgot how to plug in an N64 controller and have a good time. :roll:
Oh, playing on an n64 might work. But the ports of the controls are jacked up. I had 00 on every mission in goldeneye and used to play it and Mario Kart every single day after school w/ my bro - very fond memories, but that remake was just awful. Most new fpses are lame or terrible, but Half Life dos, Far Cry, Battlefield... these games raise the bar. The fluidity of movement, dual analog stick for moving and aiming, reload animations, cooking grenades.... Like I said man, I loved goldeneye but n64 ports just feel awkward and I think there have been improvments made in the genre over 15 years.

I never really played perfect dark much on n64, but I remember not really liking it for some reason. Regardless, saving msp on something you won't play that much isn't really a deal. I'd rather put that towards Gunslinger or Blood Dragon and have fun now.

Infinite will cost $39.99?
As long as we're dreaming, I think we should get unicorns and handy js thrown around.

I read on Major Nelson's site that Black Ops 2 will be on sale next week and that Bioshock Infinite will be available on the dashboard. How much of a discount can we see on BLOPS 2 and the season pass? 50% off on both? Infinite will cost $39.99?
I think we'll see 25/33% off the GonD for BO2.

Season pass is 4000MSP right now, every DLC is 1200 MSP each (2 DLCs already released, one releasing on 2nd july, one not announced yet).

Maybe 2400MSP the season pass and 800MSP each DLC? I'm hoping for a 50% off both season pass and single DLCs, so i can get them cheaper.

Perfect Dark has aged very poorly. I played the hell out of the game in my N64 days, but I barely got through the campaign once on the XBLA version. Like many others have said, the controls just aren't up to snuff nowadays.

The four games are ilomilo, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Lazy Raiders and The Splatters.

I like and own the first 3. Didn't care for The Splatters.
I'd agree that Splatters was my least favorite, but I still thought it had a decent amount of charm. Lazy Raiders is basically the same type of puzzle over and over, but it's fun throughout and doesn't wear out its welcome. ITSP and ilomilo are both very good games and been discussed quite a bit here, the only real problem ITSP had was that it was a little overpriced when it released.

Season pass is 4000MSP right now, every DLC is 1200 MSP each (2 DLCs already released, one releasing on 2nd july, one not announced yet).

Maybe 2400MSP the season pass and 800MSP each DLC? I'm hoping for a 50% off both season pass and single DLCs, so i can get them cheaper.
That seems like a reasonable expectation for the BO2 sale. It was previously on sale for $49.99 (17%) off during the Ultimate Game Sale back in February and I'd be disappointed if it was $49.99 again next week. I'm also guessing the first two BO2 map packs will go for 800 points. I usually don't buy cosmetic items but I'm hoping the extra slots/camos/calling cards will also go on sale for 50% off. So 80 points for the extra slots/camos and 40 points for the calling cards.

That seems like a reasonable expectation for the BO2 sale. It was previously on sale for $49.99 (17%) off during the Ultimate Game Sale back in February and I'd be disappointed if it was $49.99 again next week. I'm also guessing the first two BO2 map packs will go for 800 points. I usually don't buy cosmetic items but I'm hoping the extra slots/camos/calling cards will also go on sale for 50% off. So 80 points for the extra slots/camos and 40 points for the calling cards.
I hope DLCs will be 50% off, it happened last year with MW3, when they discounted the first two pieces of dlc before releasing the third one, but maybe it won't happen again..

Got my free copy of Fable III. Not something I was ever that interested in but hey, it's free. I'm glad to see MS doing this now. Hopefully we see some good stuff in the near future. I already have Halo 3 and ACII so that won't be of much use to me, but I'm sure there will be other good ones.

I was thinking of buying two Sonic games since I have 350 MSP currently, and I was hoping for some input. I've narrowed it down to Sonic 2, Sonic 3, or Sonic CD (already have Sonic and Knuckles). So, any opinions?

Also, picked up the Basketball Challenge pack for Kinect Sports 2. Was tempted to get it since I got it during the GoD sale, but saving 200 MSP isn't too bad.

Edit: Oops, meant Sonic CD, not Sonic 3 again, woops lol

I was thinking of buying two Sonic games since I have 350 MSP currently, and I was hoping for some input. I've narrowed it down to Sonic 2, Sonic 3, or Sonic 3 (already have Sonic and Knuckles). So, any opinions?

Also, picked up the Basketball Challenge pack for Kinect Sports 2. Was tempted to get it since I got it during the GoD sale, but saving 200 MSP isn't too bad.
Out of whatever you choose make sure one of them is Sonic 2. And two Sonic 3s?

Finally grabbed NiGHTS into Dreams and Space Channel 5. Still debating on whether I should get Sonic Adventures, and if I should get The Cave now or just wait until it hits the inevitable 400msp.

I was thinking of buying two Sonic games since I have 350 MSP currently, and I was hoping for some input. I've narrowed it down to Sonic 2, Sonic 3, or Sonic 3 (already have Sonic and Knuckles). So, any opinions?

I'd go with Sonic 3 and Sonic 3.

Seriously though, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 are my personal favorites (right behind Sonic and Knuckles).

Bethesda price drops on XBL.  Follow the link to see the PSN/Steam drops.

• Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 800 MS Points
  • The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (Games on Demand) - $29.99
  • Dishonored (Games on Demand) - $29.99
  • Fallout: New Vegas - $14.99
  • Fallout 3 - $14.99
  • Fallout 3 Add-Ons (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta) - 400 MS Points each
  • Quake Arena Arcade - 400 MS Points
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/22/bethesda-lowers-prices-on-steam-psn-and-xbla-on-demand-games/#continued

At this point the Fallout 3 DLC must have surpassed Risk as having gone on sale the most number of times.

Thinking about:

Daytona USA

The Cave

Jet Set Radio

Guardian Heroes

Renegade Ops

Decisions, decisions...
i rank those:

1) guardian heroes

2) renegade ops

3) jet set radio

4) the cave

5) daytona

daytona is so barebones without splitscreen available, i played the heck out of the saturn versions and at least those had a huge amount of cars in them, it's technically a sound port but there's just little to do IMO, why buy a racer when you can't play someone locally and the online is a wasteland...i got the cave free on psn and i beat it with my gf but it was kind of boring, you need to like adventure games to enjoy it, i just get bored on puzzles really. jet set is good if you can stand the controls, try the demo. GH and RO are great games for either single player, local coop, or online, no brainers.

So.............. what's the result of Microsoft's "Japan’s Aim to Do It! One Million Hours Campaign" promo?

Info: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/if-japanese-gamers-play-a-million-hours-on-xbox-360-everybody-gets-free-microsoft-points/

If Japan spends 300,000 hours on Xbox 360 during that time Xbox Live gold members will get 100 MSP and Xbox Live free members get 10 MSP. Reach 500,000 hours of cumulative playtime and gold members net 200 MSP while free members get 20 MSP. If Japan makes it to a million hours, Microsoft Japan will give 400 MSP to gold members (enough to get some older XBLA games) and 30 MSP for free members
It ended June 19th.

I've noticed there's an "Avatar Clearance Sale" which includes the Mega Man 25th anniversary stuff and also some stuff from Adventure Time and Jurassic Park.  Does anyone know if these are one week only? I didn't see them anywhere in the OP and I've read at least a few pages back in the thread.

Speaking of which, I'm a bit late to the party, but:

p2e_FinderKeeper.png

Kind of plain, but a nice gesture on top of the points and avatar stuff.

Tried Nights Into Dreams. I can't get into a game where you are constantly going in circles and going through rings. I get the feeling this was how Superman 64 felt.

Then again, at least you can grab those blue orbs where you go into a boss battle after getting enough of them so it is playable. Unfortunately, I can't beat the boss no matter how many times I hit him.

Pass.

So.............. what's the result of Microsoft's "Japan’s Aim to Do It! One Million Hours Campaign" promo?

Info: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/if-japanese-gamers-play-a-million-hours-on-xbox-360-everybody-gets-free-microsoft-points/

If Japan spends 300,000 hours on Xbox 360 during that time Xbox Live gold members will get 100 MSP and Xbox Live free members get 10 MSP. Reach 500,000 hours of cumulative playtime and gold members net 200 MSP while free members get 20 MSP. If Japan makes it to a million hours, Microsoft Japan will give 400 MSP to gold members (enough to get some older XBLA games) and 30 MSP for free members
It ended June 19th.
im convinced microsoft is in cahoots with the electricity companies when they pull promos like this. the amount of electricity wasted idling to reach a goal that gives everyone a dollar or two is just way too damn high.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 ARE the first free games to be released. And games will be released on the 1st and 16th of every month up until XBone's release. I wonder what titles will be next?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15332-Microsoft-Puts-a-Date-on-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games.html
Judging by the games already revealed for the program, I think it will offer one non-Kinect MS published title and one older third party title each month.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 ARE the first free games to be released. And games will be released on the 1st and 16th of every month up until XBone's release. I wonder what titles will be next?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15332-Microsoft-Puts-a-Date-on-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games.html
Judging by the games already revealed for the program, I think it will offer one non-Kinect MS published title and one older third party title each month.
And I'll already have every damn one of them :(

You know what would be nice, the original NFS: MW, like to play that again but copies are pricey these days.

Thanks for the input on Perfect Dark, everyone. Sounds like I'll probably take a pass on it. Picked up Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5 Part 2, and Sonic Generations this week. Still thinking about some other stuff.

Guardian Heroes is not nostalgia. It's a solid game. I missed it on the saturn and the copy I bought on ebay wouldn't play so I finally got to enjoy it on xbla. It's a great game. I would much rather play this than either scott pilgrim or castle crashers. The cpu robot plays along with you so even if you don't play with friends it still kinda feels like it. The special moves, leveling up and choosing your path make this a game I still fire up occassionally in between working on the backlog.

Try the demo. Realize that there are a lot of street fighter style moves too (tossing a fireball motion). I got it last time on sale for 400 and don't feel bad that it's even cheaper now because I've gotten 200 points worth of extra enjoyment owning it this long.

Edit: I was trying to quote maesto but it didn't work. Whenever the background is white I can't do that for some reason.
Thanks for the heads up. I played the demo for D&D and while I remembered playing it on arcade, it wasn't interesting me. Based on your advice, I hit up the demo and totally bought Guardian Heroes. Like you said, that AI companion is pretty handy and the street fighter combo style is a lot of fun. The left triggers tochange rows is a little awkward, but I'm getting the hang of it. Buttonmash central for me, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back