XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Still bummed I passed on Forza Horizon during the Black Friday MS store sale. Was hoping they'd put it on sale for $10 again. With GRID in my backlog I'll pass at this price. I do think racing games are great in digital format like this though; makes it easy to get in a quick race here and there.

Thanks for the feedback on Assassin's Creed games, Squirrel. Waiting until we get 2 for free later this month is the right move for me.

The Witcher 2 is very alluring to me, especially with all the praise here, but when the Giant Bomb gameplay video essentially said that it takes ten hours to warm up to this game, I knew it wasn't for me. I typically like to be done with my games after 10 hours. :) ..... On a side note, while those Giant Bomb gameplay videos are great, who sits through all 40+ minutes of them? o_O

I never said that it was okay. What i meant is that not all video game content is made for children and that if your kid sees anything that was inappropriate for him then it's on you for letting that happen. Parent's are more concious when it comes to letting kids watch rated R movies. It needs to be the same way with video games. Games aren't kid's toys anymore.
That was actually a small part of my complaint. The main complaints being I like to have fun, don't like hard games, and won't tolerate games with bad controls. I think all these people here saying it's mana from heaven aren't giving people that haven't tried it a true unbiased point of view.

Still bummed I passed on Forza Horizon during the Black Friday MS store sale. Was hoping they'd put it on sale for $10 again. With GRID in my backlog I'll pass at this price. I do think racing games are great in digital format like this though; makes it easy to get in a quick race here and there.

Thanks for the feedback on Assassin's Creed games, Squirrel. Waiting until we get 2 for free later this month is the right move for me.

The Witcher 2 is very alluring to me, especially with all the praise here, but when the Giant Bomb gameplay video essentially said that it takes ten hours to warm up to this game, I knew it wasn't for me. I typically like to be done with my games after 10 hours. :) ..... On a side note, while those Giant Bomb gameplay videos are great, who sits through all 40+ minutes of them? o_O
Actually Forza Horizon was $15 in both the Microsoft Store and Walmart Black Friday sales so you're paying the same amount as others did then.

Yeah if you don't like AC 2 you won't like the AC series as Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 are based on the mechanics introduced in 2.

I do generally if it's a game I'm interested in, as do many other fans. Other games are shorter when they're worse games and are funnier to watch.

That was actually a small part of my complaint. The main complaints being I like to have fun, don't like hard games, and won't tolerate games with bad controls. I think all these people here saying it's mana from heaven aren't giving people that haven't tried it a true unbiased point of view.
How is people that liked it giving an unbiased opinion compared to your "I only played a couple of hours of it, hated it and saw scary boobs"?? ;)

I have bought and sold back the regular EE version of The Witcher 2 twice now and stil have a "Dark Edition" sealed. I'm not sure why since the thing weighs a ton and would cost a fortune to ship if I ever decided to try to sell it.

Anyway, I did play it for a few hours when it first came out and my wife happened to catch a bedroom scene fairly early on where you briefly see full frontal female nudity. I felt like I had been busted for watching Cinemax after midnight... lol

Actually Forza Horizon was $15 in both the Microsoft Store and Walmart Black Friday sales so you're paying the same amount as others did then.

Yeah if you don't like AC 2 you won't like the AC series as Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 are based on the mechanics introduced in 2.

I do generally if it's a game I'm interested in, as do many other fans. Other games are shorter when they're worse games and are funnier to watch.
Hmmmm... Thanks for the clarification on Forza. Now I'm more tempted to just buy it now. :). Guess I've got a day to make the decision.

So I calculated at a most likely 50% DOTW deal that it will cost ME1-200 + ME2-1240 + ME3-1600 = 3040 MSPs for all the story Mass Effect DLC (not including the stuff that came with the games or the Cerberus network stuff). Is Omega worth it? I don't want to pass on it and then get to it in the chronology of the game and regret it.

The Witcher 2 has boobs? Excellent, that is the same reason I got Far Cry 3 for :bow:

Try those casual facebook social games like bejeweled and farmville. sounds like those would be perfect for you.

also, i suspect you have a hard time with reading comprehension. i suggest trying your kids reading games at school. Don't take offense, i'm only talking about childrens games now.

Well, I don't think so...I did buy it used a year or so ago from Gohastings. I never really looked.
Well, I don't think so...I did buy it used a year or so ago from Gohastings. I never really looked.
You might have lucked out, because I've referenced that X360 Achievements Guy half a dozen times this sale alone, and several times during the March sale. At this point, I'd recommend people atleast know to be WARY of using the HU MP for Horizon right now...

Yes.

You can also buy Portal: Still Alive separate on XBLM, which I believe has some extra content, challenge maps I think.
Hmmmmm... Yea I just figured for 400 pts it was the bargain to get it within the Orange Box being that I bet Portal on its own is a lot more expensive....Or at least $5 on its own...

Only bought Orange Box so far in the sale.  

I think I'm going to get Bullet Storm and Bioshock Infinite before the sale is over.  That's it for me.  

Is L4D2 worth 10 bucks? Never played L4D1.  

only difference is steam gets deals like these just about every day. every time there is a good sale on games they try to be like "steam sales."

I just wish that on xbox the sales would be more frequent.. If it were up to me i would have the deals of the week work the same way as this "ultimate sale" thing. Have like the 8 or so games be on sale for a whole week while having daily deals with something different each day. That would be lovely.
A good start might be to price the really old games at less completely ridiculous prices, Prey shouldn't be $20 and Brothers in Arms shouldn't be $30 normally.

A good start might be to price the really old games at less completely ridiculous prices, Prey shouldn't be $20 and Brothers in Arms shouldn't be $30 normally.
Bioshock 1 and 2 shouldn't be 20 dollars either.

It's seriously messed up.

[quote name="InsertCoin" post="10879018" timestamp="1372924829"]
Tomb raider if 15$ forza if 15$ crysis 3 if 15$ would b awesome[/quote]Forza is $15 and Crysis 3 is $20. Not sure how you missed all that...

For those of you who bought the orange box. Does team fortress 2 still have people that play online? Or is it dead. Really been wanting to play it again. Also L4D2 is a steal for $10 bucks. Online is still great and fun tobplay with friends.

How is the witcher 2? Thinking about getting that and Gears of war if they are cheap enough.

For those of you who bought the orange box. Does team fortress 2 still have people that play online? Or is it dead. Really been wanting to play it again. Also L4D2 is a steal for $10 bucks. Online is still great and fun tobplay with friends.

How is the witcher 2? Thinking about getting that and Gears of war if they are cheap enough.
Yeah, I'm deciding between DA:O and Orange Box. I haven't played either but I have more RPGs in my collection and not many FPS (I do love FPS but I loved the original Half-Life.)

Yeah, I'm deciding between DA:O and Orange Box. I haven't played either but I have more RPGs in my collection and not many FPS (I do love FPS but I loved the original Half-Life.)
You can easily find a used Dragon Age disc for very close to the sale price but you probably won't be able to find an Orange Box for anywhere as cheap so I would recommend OB.

Ok so I went on my Xbox to see if the watcher price had changed(which it did) but it looks like there's two different witchers. Witcher 2 and witcher 2 enhanced edition. Am I seeing that right?
Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is the only version on consoles, so I don't know where you're seeing the regular version.

I've been really impressed by these prices, but I wish I didn't already own or beat so many of the games. If GOW:J or MGR:R don't come in at incredibly low prices, my haul from this sale will be less than I expected after that first day. Though I guess I might consider Dragon Age again at that point.

Not normally about tower defense games, but Defense Grid's price is just fine with me.  I heard it has Borderlands shout-outs, which by itself if worth some kind of time investment.

Forza Horizon is one of the best racing games I've ever played, and I'm not really much into that genre of games, (aside from NFS Underground), it's just so relaxing and easy to play, also gorgeous graphics to look at. I may rebuy it at this price.
Definitely this. I just bought it again. Probably my favorite racer this generation. I realized I had a lot left to do in it, so I bought it back.

I will NOT, however, be paying $50 for the season pass. WTF?

It is sorta tempting to rebuy forza for 7.50 after trading it in today and getting 19.50 for it at gamestop, but i didnt really care for it all that much. It was ok, but just not my type of game, i used to be into more of the need for speed hot pursuit games with police cars.

So as someone who just bought BL2 should I buy some of the cheap dlc now namely Scarlett and Torgue (Tiny Tina later if it goes on sale) because from what I read those are the better dlc. Or should I just hold out to see if the season pass goes on sale? Is the season pass even worth it if there are only 3 good dlcs and 2 are on sale now for half off?
The season pass includes all four campaign add-ons, and 11 extra experience levels, but it does not include the Mechromancer or Psycho Bandit characters who are currently on sale as well.

The season pass WAS on sale only once so far, and that sale is not a part of this event.

When it did go on sale, the Season Pass was 25% off. 1800 points, better known as $22.50 in the real world.

Buying the season pass while it's not on sale = $30

All season pass content purchased at current sale / regular prices = 27.50

Three DLC packs at 50% off plus the latest one at full price = $25

Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--plus the latest one at full price = $20

Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--and waiting for a sale on Tiny Tina's DLC = $15 (probably).

Personally, I'd buy Scarlett and Torgue, and skip Hammerlock.

Before you download the 11 extra levels, I'd also wait to see if you're still interested in playing the third playthrough after the level cap. The 3rd playthrough itself is free to everyone, but the extra levels are not*. Hitting the cap with all four starter characters though--if you even hit the cap with one or two--takes a long, long time.

* If that seems crazy to you, it really isn't. Adding new levels isn't as simple as changing the number. New levels mean that skills can be used together which were previously impossible to combine--such as using two final tier skills at once--so the entire game needed to be adjusted and re-balanced.

I think I will wait on Hasbro to go to $5 and pass on Witcher 2 and wait for it to go on sale again. I want to save my points in case Bioshock Infinite goes down to $20 like I'm hoping.

Gonna have to recommend horizon big time. i spent some 66% off points and bought the GOD at full price last month. Still felt worth it, that and NFS:MW (the OLD one) are imo the top 2 driving games on the system, MW for the cop chases, horizon for great online. i loved how you can really just jump online and not have to worry about spending hours in SP to be on an equal level, you can gain money and cars online, as well as do some of the free roaming challenges. and since the cars are cut off at certain points levels for online races, it doesn't take much time at all to get some cars to matchup well in online races, and the online races are fun!

the handling is a little weird which turned me off from the demo, but the features and online are so good it doesn't matter. and there's tons of events, partially on asphalt lots going offroad. i want the rally pack but it's too expensive, other than that all the dlc is just cars which is pointless since you get tons in the base game. definitely get it, 2nd best online racer i have ever played only behind speed devils online racing for the dreamcast with its 100% online career mode and betting/car gambling awesomeness that somehow still hasn't been topped even though it was practically the first online console racer.

it reminds me of a modern day outrun

It was a few years ago at Best Buy. It is the Atlantic 38435617 Oskar 1080 CD, Espresso Media Storage. It was like $90 or something at the time. They don't carry it anymore and even on amazon third party sellers want over $200 for it which of course is ridiculous. It is a nice shelf though.

This is basically the same one but in light wood color and also a good bit more expensive. It seems like it is uncommon to find ones of that size for that cheap currently based on a quick amazon look.
Thanks - looks like they have units that hold less at a better price point. Time to get out the tape measure.

Would buy the Witcher 2, but I already own it in retail version. Waiting to see which prices will have Bioshock Infinite and Hitman absolution when they are on sale. I guess they will be $20 and $10.

So far I've bought Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon, and Witcher 2. With prices like these, it's easy to just grab them without thinking too much about it. Take note game makers!

So far, I've gotten

Orange Box

Left 4 Dead 2

Borderlands 2

Assassin's Creed III

Trying to decide on getting Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, or just picking up lots of BL2 DLC

So far, I've gotten

Orange Box

Left 4 Dead 2

Borderlands 2

Assassin's Creed III

Trying to decide on getting Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, or just picking up lots of BL2 DLC
If you are into deep rpg's with amazing stories and characters Mass Effect and Dragon Age are the way to go. I read that BL2 vanilla is just as fun.

Sex!!Sex!!Sex!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back