XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock Infinite is one of the better games of this generation, in my opinion. It was worth it at $60, and I can't say that about a lot of games (maybe Last of Us?) That said, if you've waited this long, you might as well wait longer.
its really bad compared to the first two bioshocks.

also it would be super awesome if gears of war judgment season pass would go on sale

Wow, disappointed that Gears, MGR, Bioshock and TR failed to hit the price I was hoping for. Ah well, still got plenty of points for future games/sales.

hmm i generally hate buying digital copies of games, but $10 is prety damn cheap for the witcher 2. I have the first run of the physical game with the extras on it, but i was keeping that sealed. Tempted to get this but i would much rather have a physical copy for < $20. How low has the physical game dropped?  I need to debate getting this for 10 or the physical for 15-20 later on if it hits that price. I just hate digital stuff because of DrM issues and junk. A disk will always just WORK

hmm i generally hate buying digital copies of games, but $10 is prety damn cheap for the witcher 2. I have the first run of the physical game with the extras on it, but i was keeping that sealed. Tempted to get this but i would much rather have a physical copy for &lt; $20. How low has the physical game dropped? I need to debate getting this for 10 or the physical for 15-20 later on if it hits that price. I just hate digital stuff because of DrM issues and junk. A disk will always just WORK
It's hit $10 already (like 3-4 times)

i was ready to get it based on all the praise here, but tried the demo and it turned me off. do the same and youll probably know if its for you.

X-COM for $20 = great deal, fun game. a bit difficult if youre new to it.
Well, I did the same thing. I played the demo and though it's good, I will probably wait for an even cheaper price at some point down the road. I bought Dirt 2 and still haven't played through that, so I've got some racing gaming to hold me over.

Still deciding on Absolution though. Hmmm...

Good lord, that's a great deal on the Orange Box. I had a disc copy for my PS3 but happily traded it in on Amazon for $22 and used some of the points from sale on Xbox points a while back.

hmm i generally hate buying digital copies of games, but $10 is prety damn cheap for the witcher 2. I have the first run of the physical game with the extras on it, but i was keeping that sealed. Tempted to get this but i would much rather have a physical copy for &lt; $20. How low has the physical game dropped? I need to debate getting this for 10 or the physical for 15-20 later on if it hits that price. I just hate digital stuff because of DrM issues and junk. A disk will always just WORK
While I agree that physical copies are always worth getting, there's no harm in having digital copies too, for the convenience of easy access and the ability to re-download games on a second/replacement console. Plus you usually get better load times with digital versions.

I often pick up digital copies even if I already have physical versions, if I really like the games.

Really bad price for most of the final day games, but at least Hitman is the price I wanted it for. Overall I got everything I wanted for the price I wanted except for Crysis 3.

L4D2 still listed at 30 bucks. da effff
I'm miffed as well on this one (even tho as a CAG I shouldn't since I already own a disc copy which I haven't touched in a couple years), Major Nelson is on auto-pilot tweeting replies over and over to say that they've got people working to fix it. Take your hands and sit on them and with any luck, this will be fixed shortly. ...Sigh.

Was really hoping Tomb Raider or Xcom might drop below 20. I might've bought if one of them was 15. Oh well, I'm sure I can find a physical copy at that price soon enough.

LOL I bought Bioshock for 20 bucks just cause I really wanted to play it.  I know I'm a dumb fucker.

Coulda gotten Crysis 3 or something.

So far, I'v bought Bioshock 1, Orange Box, Bulletstorm, Hitman, and waiting to buy L4D2 for 10 bucks.  If not, then it's ME and Crysis 1. 

C&C Red Alert3, Crysis, Divinity II, DA:O for 400mp each; Perfect Dark and Gatling Gears for 240mp; AC3, FarCry3, The Witcher2 for 800mp each.

I already had Max Payne3 (400mp), Borderlands2 (day one purchase), Hitman Abolution (1600mp 3 months ago, still to play, ughh), L4D2 (800mp), mass effect and prey. I reccomend all these.

Since day4 is crappy, now i'm debating Forza but i'll probably pass. Sorry but i couldnt digest Bulletstorm when i rented it years ago and The Orange Box doesnt appeal me (only Portal but i have Still Alive).

Anyone that is on the fence with witcher 2 needs to make the jump.

Could not say enough good things about this game. The story and gameplay are just fantastic.

That price for Hitman is nuts. $10 for Absolution is a great deal (I own the disc version, and enjoyed the game / barely played the Contract challenges but those are pretty neat and can be wacky too).

I've already picked up Prey (had a Gamestop disc from the past, shame on me, wanted to get rid of it so there we go), Crysis (never played it) and Rockstar Table Tennis (super cheap and I enjoyed borrowing it before).

Thanks OP!

Pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on the following:

Metal Gear Rising (2400 MSP) Price after microsoft points from last month = $10

Gears of War Judgement (2400 MSP) Price after microsoft points from last month = $10

Tomb Raider (1600 MSP) Price after microsoft points from last month = $7.50

Already bought Lego Lord of The Rings for (1200 MSP) Price after microsoft points from last month = $5

Grand total for 4 Games $32.50 for all fairly new and great games, I'd call that a cheapassdeal!

Honestly don't know when I will be able to get those games for cheaper even on physical media. Overall decent haul especially with the MS points sale
Same here, ive pretty much filled up my 250gb HD with this sale and the stocked up MSP from that deal. I mean the highest price of any game was Bioshock at 13.33 (after that deal) and everything else ended up $10 or less...with BL2 and L4D2 being 3.33 each. I sold my disc copies of them and Orange Box on ebay for a total of $65 lol. Not only that but then buying 5 games at 19.99 or higher from 6/1-7/15 nets you another 1600 MSP for the Xbox rewards punchcard promo.

On another note, is there any chance the new Walking Dead DLC will hit tonight like the price drops on these or will it only be added tomorrow?

Anyone have an opinion on the 360 version of Witcher 2? I've got the PC version in my backlog but may actually get to it if I can just play comfortably on the couch.

Talked myself into L4D2 only to find out, as others have mentioned, that it is showing up as $29.99. Considering Forza, even though I'm not really a racing game fan. Still waiting to hear back from Microsoft about the Borderlands 2 I bought the other day - it stated on the confirmation page that I'd be charged 800 points, but I was charged 2400.

Anyone have an opinion on the 360 version of Witcher 2? I've got the PC version in my backlog but may actually get to it if I can just play comfortably on the couch.
Clearly the graphics are a huge improvement on the PC - if you have a good rig and a solid graphics card. The game is designed to be played with a gamepad (Witcher 1 was a keyboard and mouse game from the ground up) so control wise you're not losing anything with the Xbox beyond some graphic fidelity. If you did play Witcher 1 on PC you can import your save file into the second game on PC of course. I'm not sure what changes those make, but I'm sure it enhances the experience a bit. If you're like me and prefer gaming from your couch and don't have your PC rigged up to your TV the Xbox game is the best way to go.

Clearly the graphics are a huge improvement on the PC - if you have a good rig and a solid graphics card. The game is designed to be played with a gamepad (Witcher 1 was a keyboard and mouse game from the ground up) so control wise you're not losing anything with the Xbox beyond some graphic fidelity. If you did play Witcher 1 on PC you can import your save file into the second game on PC of course. I'm not sure what changes those make, but I'm sure it enhances the experience a bit. If you're like me and prefer gaming from your couch and don't have your PC rigged up to your TV the Xbox game is the best way to go.
Thanks for this. Witcher 1 is in the backlog so sounds like I should just stick with PC. With it being so cheap on Xbox it's tempting to double the backlog. Looks like I'm just getting Forza Horizon for now - MS is really stepping up their game with these sales.

Definitely this. I just bought it again. Probably my favorite racer this generation. I realized I had a lot left to do in it, so I bought it back.

I will NOT, however, be paying $50 for the season pass. WTF?
It's 8 $5 car packs &amp; the $20 rally expansion for $50 but yeah all I've done is get the stuff from the CE I bought cheap on Amazon and bought the Oct. &amp; Dec. packs when they had 1-day sales on them.

Phew....my points are safe since Gears and MGR rising are too high for me. So I have two questions. .

1). Divinity II or Witcher 2
And
2) how much will Dishonored be next week?

I am also thinking about getting Mass Effect 1 from the US marketplace but I don't know if its gonna be as good as Mass Effect 2 and 3 (Yes,I enjoyed Mass Effect 3).
The gameplay is clunky compared to the sequels, and there are framerate issues, but it's my favorite of the bunch. I think it has the most interesting story in the trilogy.

Phew....my points are safe since Gears and MGR rising are too high for me. So I have two questions. .

1). Divinity II or Witcher 2
And
2) how much will Dishonored be next week?
Dishonored has been so cheap in the past i got it for sub 25 not to long ago

unless its 10 its not a good deal since its short ( really short )and i beat it

The gameplay is clunky compared to the sequels, and there are framerate issues, but it's my favorite of the bunch. I think it has the most interesting story in the trilogy.
Hmmmm I guess I can give it a shot for $5 I can deal with the framerate issue as long as the story is good.

To buy Orange Box or not...?!?!  Bahhhh I cant decide!  Sold my physical copy a while back, but I would consider picking it up again solely for Portal.  

Gameplay - terrible

Story - arguably the best of the three

Achievements - extremely time consuming
Re: Mass effect 1

Gameplay is the best of the bunch in my opinion. The sequels turned a great RPG into a Gears of War clone. Yes the graphics aren't as good (though they look great) and the shooting can be clunky, and man oh man driving the mako can be a pain on a few specific planets. But it's so absolutely immersive. I even loved the elevator rides. That's the problem with the sequels is that they never pulled me in even with certain improvements in gameplay. What I loved about ME1 was that it wasn't that you just entered a room saw some cover ahead of you and knew that there would be a bunch of enemies coming. It wasn't dumbed down. And there is actual loot and actual armour and guns that matter. All in all I wish they had just made ME2 and ME3 like their predecessor. But you're right, it's definitely the best story out of the 3 as well with some great surprises and one of the best first levels I've ever played.

To buy Orange Box or not...?!?! Bahhhh I cant decide! Sold my physical copy a while back, but I would consider picking it up again solely for Portal.
i got it for 800 last sale and have not touched it . beat it on disc awhile ago and its slow long ( to long for a fps) but at times

WORD OF WISDOM

because the game is long and starting to age play only that until you beat it because if you play a newer game its hard to go back to half life with how long it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back