XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played and completed the full game of Divinity 2. It's a fun and easy B-grade RPG, and most definitely worth $5. As long as you don't expect a perfect, AAA-title experience, you'll be fine.

I ended up snagging Tomb Raider.  I've been wanting to play it and this is a good enough price for me.  It's just puzzling why they've saved the worst day in terms of discounts for last.  The only games that weren't discounted at least 50% were Tomb Raider, MGR: Revengence and Bioshock Infinite.  All saved for the last day.  Seems like they could've put one of those titles into each of the non-family oriented one day sales to prevent the last day from looking so subpar.

Overall I picked up:

Mass Effect because its my favorite game and convenient to have digitally
Assassins Creed 3 as I didn't give it a fair shot when it first came out
Lego Batman 2 for my son
Witcher 2 just cuz it looks good and....why not.

So $40 for all 4 games, can't beat that!

And I still have 1600 saved for when Castle of Illusion comes out. :)

Hitman is a no brainer at $10. It is definitely the most accessible of the series. I had a blast figuring out all of the ways to pull off the hits.

And I'll offer a different opinion on Bioshock Infinite. It is far and away my favorite Bioshock game. The gameplay was much more interesting to me and the environment was much more fun to explore. The story was also better (despite being much more convoluted). That said, $40 for a digital copy is just silly. It will be 30 or lower soon.

So would anyone still recommend Mass Effect to someone that has played 2&3, and knows most of the major story points (PS3 comic). I'd have already got it if I had 2/3 on 360, since I'd like to play through the whole series with the same character, but I'm not very familiar with RPGs and wonder if knowing what happens might make me lose interest quickly. I know it's $5, but would still love some input if anyone was/is in a similar position :)

And just to add to the Bioshock discussion, I've pretty much got the exact same feelings as Tylerh. Loved the first like little else, second I feel really improved upon the gameplay even if the story wasn't that great, and Infinite had a fantastic story (and easily the best ending by far) but I found the gameplay toned down from previous games and it felt a little rushed. Just my thoughts, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything :ziplip:

Picked up Crysis 3,Forza Horizon,The Orange Box,WWE 13,and The Witcher 2. Great sale but the last day is horrible. Got Bioshock infinite for 30.00 on release day!

Does anyone think the mass effect 3 dlc will eventually make it to disc? I bought the skyrim dlc, then the ultimate edition was announced and I did a facepalm.

Picked up Crysis 3,Forza Horizon,The Orange Box,WWE 13,and The Witcher 2. Great sale but the last day is horrible. Got Bioshock infinite for 30.00 on release day!
For the love of god please tell me how Crysis 3 is. No one is talking about it, but from what I've read on the interwebs the campaign is about 6hrs long. I don't mind picking it up since I enjoyed Crysis 2 and I bought Crysis 1. But what are your opinions of the game?

Picked up Hitman, Divinity 2, Lego Lotr, Lego Batman 2, orange box, left 4 dead 2, and borderlands 2. Ended up trading my physical copies of orange box, borderlands 2, and l4d2. Region free stuff rocks. Course I wish I would have thought to look on here before I grabbed BL2 from us. Great sale in my opinion.

Looks like I'll keep looking on ebay for Bioshock Infinite.......bummer......40 bucks is a joke.
I had 4000+ points going into today and decided to pass on BioShock myself. I never got into the first one but hear too many people rave about it that I decided I should give it a try. But not at $40.

I ended up getting..

Lego Batman 2 ( always want to try but never really got into the Lego games)

Gears Judgement (will sell my disc)

Borderlands 2 (will sell my disc)

Tomb Raider (this one I am really interested in playing)

I will probably try to pick up BioShock Infinite for cheap ($20) down the road. Or maybe a Redbox rental. I don't see much replay value for me.

Wish Gears was a bit cheaper but otherwise I am pretty happy with the sales. I had 4800 points for $20 with $5 for 1200 points and had some other cheap points from BB using some rewards certs I had.

I am pretty happy being able to switch between Gears of War Judgement (OverRun really) and Borderlands 2 without having to swap discs.

I bought Crysis, Bulletstorm, The Orange Box, and Forza Horizon. I still have 1200 MSP left, should I get Hitman Absolution and BIA:HH or just wait for another sale?

Picked up Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon. May pick up Divinity 2 just because I played the demo for like 5 hours a few months ago and enjoyed it and hey, its 5 bucks!

Gears Judgement worth the $30? Any DLC on sale, or should I wait for the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition? I'll probably pass, with Diablo 3, GTA 5, Watch Dogs, and the Xbox One right around the corner...
No, it is most certainly not. While I bought it at $30 and foolishly bought the VIP Pass as well being a long-time Gears fan, it isn't really worth that. IF it hits 1200-800, go for it. But that game doesn't have near enough content to justify that price except for it being relatively new, and that's it. For content alone you can find something much more worth your time. There most likely won't ever be a GOTY edition of this by the way, Gears 3 didn't have one and that one sold very well. The VIP Pass is a rip off and the game is worth $15 at the most. Just be patient and wait for a price drop.

So would anyone still recommend Mass Effect to someone that has played 2&3, and knows most of the major story points (PS3 comic). I'd have already got it if I had 2/3 on 360, since I'd like to play through the whole series with the same character, but I'm not very familiar with RPGs and wonder if knowing what happens might make me lose interest quickly. I know it's $5, but would still love some input if anyone was/is in a similar position :)

And just to add to the Bioshock discussion, I've pretty much got the exact same feelings as Tylerh. Loved the first like little else, second I feel really improved upon the gameplay even if the story wasn't that great, and Infinite had a fantastic story (and easily the best ending by far) but I found the gameplay toned down from previous games and it felt a little rushed. Just my thoughts, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything :ziplip:
Mass Effect is most definitely worth the purchase at $5. This is a no brainer! Complete the trilogy! I had a blast playing through that game.It's fun watching your choices play out into ME2, and if you play this one and finish it, then pop in Mass Effect 2, you'll notice that what your playthrough may be different, since decisions from the first will consequently appear throughout the second. You'll put a lot of hours into this one. the game world is pretty big. Just because you read some major story points shouldn't detract you from buying this. Especially at $5.

The prices listed in the OP for the rest of the week are clearly wrong. Gears of War Judgement and MGR: Revengeance are already $29.99; their sale prices will definitely be lower than that. Unless the next day's sales have just started early?

Does anyone think the mass effect 3 dlc will eventually make it to disc? I bought the skyrim dlc, then the ultimate edition was announced and I did a facepalm.
Probably not, but you never know. I'm getting it just because I want to play it. Now to wait for the Citadel DLC to go on sale.

For the love of god please tell me how Crysis 3 is. No one is talking about it, but from what I've read on the interwebs the campaign is about 6hrs long. I don't mind picking it up since I enjoyed Crysis 2 and I bought Crysis 1. But what are your opinions of the game?
Crysis 3 is a great game its really fun and the story I thought was great. If your planning on playing the multiplayer its pretty empty online.

The prices listed in the OP for the rest of the week are clearly wrong. Gears of War Judgement and MGR: Revengeance are already $29.99; their sale prices will definitely be lower than that. Unless the next day's sales have just started early?
The OP says it all:

Gears of War: Judgment - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 25% off - xbldb*

Gears of War is 2400 MSP, it is 25% off it's normal price (which is 3200 MSP), and the xbldb link at the end will take you to the full price history of the game, where you can see it dropped from 3200 MSP to 2400 MSP today.

I'll comment on it, as I thought it was easily the worst of the series. The gameplay, setting, and story were more interesting to me in the first and second games. I think part of the reason it was a disappointment too though was that it tried to implement bow and stealth mechanics that are at the very least similar to Far Cry 3. However, the bow and stealth mechanics are soooo much better in Far Cry 3 that it makes the game feel unpolished or unbalanced. To me, I'd wait till it's really cheap down the road, or try to Redbox it first and see what you think.

I bought Crysis, Bulletstorm, The Orange Box, and Forza Horizon. I still have 1200 MSP left, should I get Hitman Absolution and BIA:HH or just wait for another sale?
Do NOT wait for BIA:HH, it is an EXCELLENT game and easily worth double the cost , also for hitman it really does depend.

Hitman is also a great deal, although that a maybe. i personally bought disc version for 12.99

It's not a very good game. I rented it from Redbox for 2 days and completed the campaign twice and quite a few multiplayer matches as well. The multiplayer is already mostly dead. I wouldn't recommend paying more than $10 for it.

The OP says it all:

Gears of War: Judgment - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 25% off - xbldb*

Gears of War is 2400 MSP, it is 25% off it's normal price (which is 3200 MSP), and the xbldb link at the end will take you to the full price history of the game, where you can see it dropped from 3200 MSP to 2400 MSP today.
Wait according to major nelson's blog the game was listed at $59.99 and is now 50% off, making it $29.99. Wasn't the game at $39.99 last week? If that's the case the game should be way cheaper. o_O I'm confused.

Oh my God! Yes, I recommend ME1! It plays a bit different than 2 or 3, it's not as combat focused and frankly the combat can feel a bit clunky compared to the other two. BUT the sense of exploration is unmatched and the story is great. Arguably better than 2 or 3. If you enjoyed the other two, then you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece.

*disclaimer* I am a hardcore Mass Effect fanboy, so take my recommendation for what it's worth.

Is anyone else debating whether or not to grab the games just because they are cheap while also having them on disc or on another platform? The internal struggle to resist (in both purchasing and not purchasing) is driving me nuts.

Thanks to OP and others who have kept up with sales prices, I was able to snag Forza Horizon, Mass Effect and Crysis! Great deals (except for MGR:R, the one game I was looking forward to)

This last day is awesome for me because I bought all those extra MS points that I'm sure all you got in on, but I already have every XBLA game worth owning. So now I can play Bioshock for $20 less even if the disc-based game is cheaper.

Is tomb raider worth $20?
In my opinion not for a digital copy...... I bought it first week for $40, and beat it twice and got all the single player achievements in 3 days. I then sold it back for $36..... Its so easy and short I don't necessarily believe its worth owning forever.

Edit: don't get me wrong, its a GREAT GAME! I just dont think it has the value to own FOREVER.

Debating on WWE 13. The last WWE game I enjoyed was Shut Your Mouth, and I mainly watched WWE in the early-mid 2000s. Any opinions?
I consider Shut Your Mouth my favorite (I thought "Here Comes the Pain" was just okay).

I think you will like WWE '13. Aside from Attitude mode which lets you relive classic moments, there is also Universe Mode - a storyline centered around the current WWE roster which IIRC was written by Paul Heyman.

It takes a little while to learn how to reverse and to learn how to perform moves on a fallen opponent (you can attack by body part).

But once you get into it, the game is a blast to play.

WWE '13 is absolute hairy balls online where people spam moves and the glitches seem to come up more than usual. Offline, it's a somewhat enjoyable experience, definitely moreso with multiplayer. If you played the SmackDown games on PS2, it's the usual arcade junk style.

Should I get Orange Box for $5? I got Perfect Dark Zero thinking no game would be bad enough to not be worth $3 and I was stunned.

Is anyone else debating whether or not to grab the games just because they are cheap while also having them on disc or on another platform? The internal struggle to resist (in both purchasing and not purchasing) is driving me nuts.
Yes. Just so I don't have to bring the discs with me to school. The ones I'm thinking about are all 400 points or less. Also some games that I don't really want, but they are so cheap that I want them. Trying my hardest not to though because there's probably going to be a sale coming up soon that will have something I really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back