XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
you are not alone

you would be wrong then. Bioshock 1 has a far better and far more original setting. infinite stands 0 chance of getting GOTY simply because people will compare it to the first two where it is factually far worse on nearly every front. not to say infinite is a bad game as it isnt it just does not even compare to the first two on any level. just about everything infinite does the first two manage to do better including the save system. i'd be highly shocked if this game is a GOTY nominee. the other problem is infinite has a weird ending and the story is not tied together very well.

i can understand someone calling infinite great if they never played the first two. that said the first two are also quite a bit harder on hard mode as well and ive heard of people getting stuck on it.

it seems the sequels this year are off to a bad start. dead space 3 is the weakest link. gears of war judgment is the weakest link and bioshock infinite is the weakest of the bunch.
Completely disagree with everything he said, with the exception of GoW Judgement. The world and fiction of Bioshock Infinite was great. It holds its own against the original two. Bioshock 1 was a great experience, and B.I. great for different reasons. The story makes sense if you don't expect someone to hold your hand through the end. The GOTY awards will likely be impeded by the love Last of Us is getting, but BI is my GOTY so far.

Is anyone else debating whether or not to grab the games just because they are cheap while also having them on disc or on another platform? The internal struggle to resist (in both purchasing and not purchasing) is driving me nuts.
I have most of these games on Steam, but I have the impulse to play them on my 360 because of this sale. I realize this is slightly crazy, especially since I use my 360 controller for my PC games.

i aint bought a damn thing this sale... nothing really stood out to me other than Bioshock Infinite and the price wasnt my sweet spot for it.

ill end up using my points for either State of Decay or Dragonborn DLC

I picked up Borderlands 2, Divinity II and Orange Box, otherwise I wasn't interested in much/already played or owned/not low enough price to interest me.

I had really wished BioShock Infinite was $20 or so but oh well, I'd of bought it at that price, I'll just wait til it drops in price for the physical copy I guess.

Oh it has to be, I pretty much know where every game on my shelf is due to that. But there is a downside...LEGO/Beatles Rock Band...It should be under L for Lego, but I put it with the other RB games just because that makes more sense.

Then you have cases with two different games in it. Like Forza 2 and and MUA. I put it where the first game listed on the box art would go, compromise I suppose.
Anyone that doesn't alphabetize their game collection is a barbarian. It's the best way to make sure nothing goes missing.

i aint bought a damn thing this sale... nothing really stood out to me other than Bioshock Infinite and the price wasnt my sweet spot for it.

ill end up using my points for either State of Decay or Dragonborn DLC
State of Decay is a good choice. Title update 2 is coming after few days, which is supposed to fix a lot of problems.

Still don't get why Gears is only 25% off - just do better discount to bump up the online community ffs.

Anyone that doesn't alphabetize their game collection is a barbarian. It's the best way to make sure nothing goes missing.
While that is true it does seem someone somehow stole a game from me. My copy of Dead Rising 2 is there, but the disc is not. I did not find out till about 4-5 months ago. Been trying to find a cheap copy for around $5-10, but no such luck yet.

Wow. Shitty price on BioShock. Oh well.

Good sale overall. Guess I will get Forza since most of the stuff I'd get from today is more expensive than I planned on.

From this sale, I grabbed :

Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Lego Batman 2, Lego LOTR, C&C Red Alert 3 and Divinity 2.

I'm still pondering about FC Instincts Predator, Prey and Perfect Dark Zero. If anyone can offer opinions on these, I'd appreciate it.

I also have Bulletstorm, Crysis, BIA : HH and Hitman on PS3 and still debating whether or not to pick it up with MSP in this sale.

Someone please talk me in or out of this misery!
Well Prey, PDZ, and a couple of others are litterally dirt cheap. If you havent pulled the trigger you probably dont want them and are just tempted to buy because its cheap. Dont be a hoarder! Just buy what you are interested in and WILL PLAY! PDZ and Prey are great but they are also 6-7 years old.

Bought Witcher 2. Going to grab Crysis before bed. Thinking about Prey and Divinity, maybe some of the Borderlands DLC. Only issue is my -40 or so gigs of HDD space. Having to delete stuff with virtually every purchase now sucks, and I don't want to buy USB space.

Lots of good deals overall, even if today was weak, but I played most of the stuff I'd want. Built up a decent backlog again because of my birthday.

Stopped myself from pulling the trigger on Orange Box.  I understand that its a great value but its just going to be something that sits and takes place on my hard drive that I will never play.  Had it before and only played Portal.

Gonna save my other points for 400 days, and possibly think about grabbing Dishonored next week if its 800 pts (or less I should say, haha).

I see Witcher 2 & Crysis 3 but can't seem to make the purchase... couldn't all night and I didn't have any problems with the other 8 games I bought from the sale... I don't understand the problem. :(

I Can wait on XCom, Revengeance, Tomb Raider and GoW: Judgement to be cheaper for physical. Otherwise all I got this week was Far Cry 3, WWE 13, ME3: Omega and I think I'll finish it off with Divinity II. Good enough for me.

I call Infinite amazing. And I have played all of them. Same with Dead Space 3. And I have beaten all of them. You cant expect a game to drag on forever and never change anything. Infinite changed the setting and made it awesome. Rapture was awesome as well. But cmon...if we had a Bioshock 3 and it was just more of the same setting you would be complaining that nothing changed. Same with Dead Space. All three are great and have horror, and in three they FINALLY changed the setting as well. I prefer to see more than the same ship or underwater city over and over.
I completely agree with you on B:I, and disagree on DS3. My problem w/ DS3 had nothing to do with them changing the setting (the setting actually changed a good bit from 1 to 2 and I thought that was part of what made 2 the slightly better game) but rather the change in tone and gameplay style. Just did not feel like a DS game to me.

B:I is incredible, and it exceeded my already high expectations. But for me Ni no Kuni slightly edges it out for my current GOTY. This has been an awesome year for games so far, and we're only half-way done.

That is strange, I posted a few hours ago but the post is gone from the thread and my post history.

Just saw the game play trailer for Hitman and it looks good, but I also saw that there was a corrupt save glitch that was still occurring as recent as April. I can't find any more recent postings, but has anybody had their Hitman saves corrupted or did they finally fix this?

I picked up:

Borderlands 2

Forza

Witcher 2

Orange Box

Hitman

Bulletstorm

Crysis 3

That brings my Games on Demand total to 70!

I also have 183 XBLA Games so lets see...

253 games...and about 80% is backlogged. I don't need next gen for at least another 5 years...lol

I have a major problem :)

I was thinking about it all day and finally decided to get The Witcher 2. I have a sealed copy with all the extras that i got from Best Buy for around $5 last year, but my Hard Drive can only hold a max of 13GB (I still have a 20) so i can't install both discs at the same time. Since the GoD is only around 7GB i wont be annoyed with having to switch and install.

If I understand your situation correctly, then I would have to recommend not buying ME1 for 360. You own ME2 and ME3 on PS3, correct? If so, then just buy the PS3 version of ME1 that was released digitally last year. It's $15, isn't it? Obviously, that's three times as much as it currently costs on the Xbox marketplace, but it's worth it to be able to carry your character over throughout the entire trilogy. Besides, I'm sure that it will go on sale and/or become a free PS+ game or whatever eventually.

Of course, you could always buy the Xbox versions of ME2 and ME3. But that would obviously cost much more money, especially since you would have to rebuy all of the free DLC that came with the PS3 version of ME2 (in addition to any DLC you may have already gotten for ME3).

If I'm misunderstanding and you don't actually own ME2 and ME3 for PS3, then by all means go ahead and get ME for 400 MSP from this sale. But then you'll probably want to get the other two games too so that you can play through the whole series, in which case you may just be better off waiting for a good price on the Mass Effect Trilogy collection.

Bottom line, ME1 is definitely worth getting and playing, but only on the same platform as the other two games in the series. This especially holds true now that the first game is finally available to PS3 owners. There's really no excuse for (and not much point to) having the different games in the series split between different platforms.
no you got it right the first time. I would buy ME1 on PS3, but the thing stopping me is A) it hasn't seen a good sale like this, and B) I'm constantly having to micromanage my HDD because of everything I get from PS+, where as my 360 has tons of room. I wouldn't mind rebuying ME2/3 on 360, since both can easily be had for under $10, and from the videos I've watched the 360 version also runs better. DLC isn't a huge deal to me, and I'm sure it will eventually go on sale.

I guess it is a bit silly when you think about it, but somehow I'm still really considering it. I don't know, guess it's good I have another 4 or so days to consider, thanks for your input :whistle2:k

So I ended up getting Tomb Raider and Bulletstorm............Doesn't anyone find it funny that after a sale like this plus my backlogs (we all have them) plus no backwards compatibility or the ability to transfer games from my 360 hard drive............DOES MIRCOSOFT THINK IM BUYING AN XBOX ONE AT LAUNCH>>>>>>>>UMMMMMMM NO!!!!!! 

So I ended up getting Tomb Raider and Bulletstorm............Doesn't anyone find it funny that after a sale like this plus my backlogs (we all have them) plus no backwards compatibility or the ability to transfer games from my 360 hard drive............DOES MIRCOSOFT THINK IM BUYING AN XBOX ONE AT LUNCH>>>>>>>>UMMMMMMM NO!!!!!!
I was actually going to get mine early in the morning during BREAKFAST!

So I ended up getting Tomb Raider and Bulletstorm............Doesn't anyone find it funny that after a sale like this plus my backlogs (we all have them) plus no backwards compatibility or the ability to transfer games from my 360 hard drive............DOES MIRCOSOFT THINK IM BUYING AN XBOX ONE AT LUNCH>>>>>>>>UMMMMMMM NO!!!!!!
I'll be getting mine at TEA

no you got it right the first time. I would buy ME1 on PS3, but the thing stopping me is A) it hasn't seen a good sale like this, and B) I'm constantly having to micromanage my HDD because of everything I get from PS+, where as my 360 has tons of room. I wouldn't mind rebuying ME2/3 on 360, since both can easily be had for under $10, and from the videos I've watched the 360 version also runs better. DLC isn't a huge deal to me, and I'm sure it will eventually go on sale.

I guess it is a bit silly when you think about it, but somehow I'm still really considering it. I don't know, guess it's good I have another 4 or so days to consider, thanks for your input :whistle2:k
Well, in that case, I'll just reiterate once more that I highly recommend playing ME1 on the same console that you have ME2 and ME3 on. I mean, I know it's only $5, but think of the time you'll put into it if you actually play it. All of those hours would be put to much better use playing the game with a save file that you can import into ME2.

Sure, you can use the ME2 comic to make the same decisions that you did in ME1, but there are a bunch of small things that get carried over from the actual game that the comic doesn't cover. If you asked the same question a year ago, I might have had a different answer. It's still better to at least experience the actual game as opposed to just playing through the comic, if 360 is your only option for playing it. But that's not the case anymore now that the game is available on PS3.

That being said, if you really think that you'll just rebuy the other two games for 360 and play through the series that way, then go for it. Although I will say that some of the DLC, namely Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi - Lost Memory, is fairly significant.

I know this whole thing is kind of off-topic, so I'll shut up now. But that's my two cents on the issue.

Well, in that case, I'll just reiterate once more that I highly recommend playing ME1 on the same console that you have ME2 and ME3 on. I mean, I know it's only $5, but think of the time you'll put into it if you actually play it. All of those hours would be put to much better use playing the game with a save file that you can import into ME2.

Sure, you can use the ME2 comic to make the same decisions that you did in ME1, but there are a bunch of small things that get carried over from the actual game that the comic doesn't cover. If you asked the same question a year ago, I might have had a different answer. It's still better to at least experience the actual game as opposed to just playing through the comic, if 360 is your only option for playing it. But that's not the case anymore now that the game is available on PS3.

That being said, if you really think that you'll just rebuy the other two games for 360 and play through the series that way, then go for it. Although I will say that some of the DLC, namely Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi - Lost Memory, is fairly significant.

I know this whole thing is kind of off-topic, so I'll shut up now. But that's my two cents on the issue.

Guess I didn't mention, but I've already played 2&3 on PS3 (hence my bit about knowing the major plot points). I'm not sure if that changes anything, but thanks for your input nonetheless. And I agree, Kasumi was an awesome DLC ^_^

Guess I didn't mention, but I've already played 2&3 on PS3 (hence my bit about knowing the major plot points). I'm not sure if that changes anything, but thanks for your input nonetheless. And I agree, Kasumi was an awesome DLC ^_^
Well yeah, I did realize that you already played the DLC's on PS3. But my point is that if you play ME3 on 360 without having played them, then they won't be reflected in the game. I guess that it doesn't really matter much for Shadow Broker, since the same events will have supposedly occurred without Shepard. But without having the Kasumi DLC in ME2, the Kasumi character simply won't exist in ME3 (yeah, I know she doesn't have a huge role in the game, but still). The Arrival DLC is actually pretty important to the story too, but I didn't mention that because it's not included with the PS3 version anyway.

Speaking of micromanaging hard drives, these damn sales are killing my poor Xbox 250GB HDD! At least Sony lets you replace your drive with any standard one. Microsoft wants us to buy all these digital games, but they only let you have at most a 320GB HDD plus two 32GB flash drives. Seems pretty counterintuitive, considering that lack of space might discourage you from buying games.

Little bit off topic, but the XBox beta sign up for Fall update is up, but it's different from other years since this one you sign up via a tile that I guess will randomly show up on the Home hub on the 360 dashboard.

What is the best game to get that is $5? Anything other than orange box!
Bulletstorm is a load of fun. I just finished that last week and had a great time.
I gave Crysis a try the other night, and was just meh. I don't know what it is with those games that I just can't seem to get into.
I have tried multiple times to get into Crysis 2, but I can't do it.

I second bulletstorm.

Once you start comparing echo missions with anyone online, you won't stop. I always find different ways to kill to improve my score.

If echoes aren't your thing, story is fun. Worth $5 for sure!

Microsoft really shit the bed with these final games. $40 for Bioshock Infinite? The disc version can be found brand new for cheaper!!

The rest can easily be found for around the same price on disc as well. I understand the convenience of going digital, but it's not worth the ability to trade it in/selling it IMO.

Bleh. I'm happy with my few day one/two + ongoing sale purchases.

Ended up getting:

Bulletstorm

Crysis

Far cry 3

Lego LOTR

Forza Horizon

I'm kinda bummed I passed on Borderlands 2 in favor of waiting for the last day of sales, which I had high hopes for.

Alas.

Little bit off topic, but the XBox beta sign up for Fall update is up, but it's different from other years since this one you sign up via a tile that I guess will randomly show up on the Home hub on the 360 dashboard.
Did you install it? One of the notes says "ability to use currency instead of MSp, I don't want to sign up if it coverts my msp to dollsrs

Uhm will this beta convert my MS-Points? If so i'd rather stick with my points for now =P

It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year.

I figured Microsoft was holding the high-profile games for a big finale.....I was wrong. This final day is a huge miss. I would have put money on Tomb Raider being $10. Gears of War Judgement and Metal Gear Solid Revengeance should have both been at max $20 each.

people who signed up for the last beta found it literally impossible to get some dash only game deals, i for one got gears 3 GOD for $20 when it was fairly new and my friend with the beta had no way of getting it for that price, so i def am not signing up for any dash betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back