XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Halloween game is Alan Wake: American Nightmare.

I bought the game almost 2 years ago and am just getting into completing it. Of course, some State of Decay will be thrown in there as well because, well, zombies.
American Nightmare was mine as well. I actually just finished it today. The story is real short, but it's great.

Another week, another lame a*s sale. Well, I will give MS this, at least they are consistent in regards to the quality of their sales. Consistently crappy but still consistent nonetheless. Not sure why I even bother checking anymore. 

I am entitled to better sales than this! All the sales should be grade-A, top-of-the-line sales! Sales should be better than the games themselves!

(Edit: Pretend I was nicer about it?)

Nice. 5.39 after tax. Thanks for sharing, I had no idea it was cheaper for a disc. Is there a limit to how long they'll hold an item? Don't want to drive the 4 miles unless I have to for something other than (or in addition to) a $5 game.

I know there's a chance of a generic BB case but I was close to buying digital and there would be no case anyways so it's all good.

I am entitled to better sales than this! All the sales should be grade-A, top-of-the-line sales! Sales should be better than the games themselves!
The great thing about people like you, is you honestly think that your harassment of someone over their opinion is somehow more reasonable than them being disappointed in sales that are a part of something they pay for. Where does your sense of entitlement over being rude to others come from?

The great thing about people like you, is you honestly think that your harassment of someone over their opinion is somehow more reasonable than them being disappointed in sales that are a part of something they pay for. Where does your sense of entitlement over being rude to others come from?
Um, I don't think he was directly attacking anyone. Just past few deals have literally been people saying the same thing and I think he was saying everyone has their own perception of what deals are to them and was making light of it.

I know I overdid it with the sarcasm on that post, but it gets old seeing the same posts about how crappy the sales are each week. These sales are not designed for CAGs. They never have been, and they never will be. These are decent discounts on Games on Demand titles this week. Just because certain people don't have an interest in or already own the games that are on sale doesn't mean that the sales are horrible. This is the cheapest The Darkness can currently be purchased for from BBY/GS/Amazon. The sale price for Dead Island Riptide is also competitive. I just get sick of this weird mindset that sales should be custom-tailored to individuals.

Then again, I don't consider exclusive sales as a major benefit to my Gold subscription (I'm more interested in the multiplayer aspects), which probably skews my view in a different direction than others. In retrospect, I should have just said this instead of what I originally posted. We all make mistakes.

Nice. 5.39 after tax. Thanks for sharing, I had no idea it was cheaper for a disc. Is there a limit to how long they'll hold an item? Don't want to drive the 4 miles unless I have to for something other than (or in addition to) a $5 game.

I know there's a chance of a generic BB case but I was close to buying digital and there would be no case anyways so it's all good.
Pretty sure BBY will hold it a week and then cancel the sale if it's not picked up after that. They detail it in the email confirmations I believe.

I see a lot of people that don't like this week's sale. I'm very pleased with it, since I wanted Dead Island Riptide + DLC for a while and in my country the game is 15€, so I jumped all over it. Also got The Darkness II because I liked the first one, and it's a good price imo.

Can't believe I forgot about Alan Wake. Great game.

I watch more scary movies than play scary games during Halloween anyway. Stuff ranging from NIghtmare on Elm Street to Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

BTW, I noticed Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime AND Ghostbusters are listed at 50% off. Don't let Sanctum of Slime scare you away from "Ghostbusters" which is a much better game involving the actors from the movies.

You know what we all need? Another Games on Demand sale. It feels like 3,000 years since the last one. I need more games to add to my backlog and take up what little room I have on my HD.

Okay! After wrestling with the dysfunctional poll format, I have finished updating the OP.

I apologize for not updating yesterday, in addition to the project I was working on, I had some stressing personal issues come up. But nothing bad enough to make me consider early retirement on this thread.

Besides, all I did was change the topic title, import Cornelius' beautiful arrangement, and add the one new price drop. Surely none of you were too upset (since I provide hyperlink support manually a week ahead of schedule).

SEMI-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

After seeing the majority of you vote that you will be playing Xbox on Halloween, I have decided to create our first-ever community event!

Check the 4th post on the first page for details (in subsequent threads I make, it'll be the 3rd post, as I've decided it'll sit above Impressions, a section that will be set-up after this one).

Since I did not have the time yesterday that I was hoping for, it might be a little.. lacking. This will be remedied in the near future.

For our Halloween event, and all subsequent Community events, we will vote via the topic poll for a main game. The main game will be one the most populated one during the event, and the one most suited for random joins if you cannot assemble a group of our members. Relevant games will also be listed. If you plan on being available for a relevant game, post your GT and game (or private message me) and I will add you to the list. For "relevant games", it'll be mostly up to you guys to coordinate with each other, as we've done in this thread in the past, but hopefully the section will make it easier.

If a game is NOT on the list and you feel that it should be, feel free to post about it. But the list is specifically for games with ONLINE multiplayer modes (co-op/versus). If a title is on the list but not in the poll, there's a good reason (most likely that the title is "too niche" or only supports 2-person multiplayer).

This Halloween event is a test run, so feel free to leave feedback/suggestions. I'm specifically looking for an ideal time to have the main event occur. And don't forget to vote! If you've voted already and it isn't showing up in the current poll, delete your vote and vote again, I had to completly re-do the poll.

If this event is successful, I will consider making this a weekly non-themed thing (unless there's a possible theme), with a poll for the game of the week (most likely games currently on sale, so people have others to play with), and "relevant" games will be any games people are looking for others to play with, and will added to the section accordingly. (It's not even close to the OP, so there's no clutter). Achievement boosting may ALSO be supported.

-The End-

Side-notes: A) These are pretty much the ideas I've had since I came up with the idea of the community section. I just spent this time working on logistics. I was inspired by people posting GTs in the earlier threads and Xbox360Achievements' gaming events. Some of the posts in here have actually touched upon what I wanted to do, coincidentally enough. B) That test poll did NOT go as planned (but that's okay). I actually made that third option for myself as a joke because I wasn't sure if I was going to be in Delaware this Halloween or not, and didn't want to put the "Maybe" option because it would get too many votes. I expected a few joke votes, but over 30% of you wanted to be funny.. which kinda threw everything off, haha. Luckily, the yes votes beat the no votes (and the joke votes) by a large enough margin that I figured they were the winners. C) I actually STILL don't know if I'm gonna be in Delaware tomorrow night or not since I'm not the one paying for the bus ticket. I'd put it off for the sake of the event, but with the aforementioned personal stuff, I really need a vacation there this weekend. If I do end up going to Delaware, I will do my best to set-up the event from afar. Worse comes to worse, the place I'm staying at has a 360.

Alright, that's enough text-vomit. Tell me what you guys think.

love it, voting now

voted colonial marines since its the only one on the list i still own. specifically would like to co op the stasis interrupted dlc if anyone has yet to play through it.

Holy shit, poll is officially fixed. Have at it.

I deleted it (which is why it vanished), completed the edit, then re-added. The in-poll set-up is broken. Site is so frustrating sometimes.

Can't believe I forgot about Alan Wake. Great game.

I watch more scary movies than play scary games during Halloween anyway. Stuff ranging from NIghtmare on Elm Street to Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

BTW, I noticed Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime AND Ghostbusters are listed at 50% off. Don't let Sanctum of Slime scare you away from "Ghostbusters" which is a much better game involving the actors from the movies.
Alan Wake is awesome and I would encourage people to check it out if they are looking for something scary for Halloween. I ended up being more scared by that game than most of the violent heavy hitters people bring up. Something about walking around in the woods in the dark and you can hear but not see those shadow creatures. The story also really pulled me in. I really, really want Remedy to make a sequel to this, but it looks like they'll be wrapped up in that TV game for Xbone for the forseeable future.

I'm with you as far as watching movies for the season rather than playing games (I've always wanted to play Costume Quest again around Halloween, but the backlog never allows it). Trick or Treat has become a staple in my house since it came out. Super fun movie. And AMC has been killing it with their movie marathons. It's easier for me to tune in to whatever they put on than to make a conscience decision about which of my dozens of horror movies I'll pick.

I voted for write-in. I don't know how Condemned is not on that list. Or how the other votes are L4D, Aliens and COD -_-.

Anyway, Condemned. Easily. 

I'd be down to dive back into either Ghostbusters game. I think my brother still has his release day copy sealed. I played it on PS3. Way too much work for the platinum and the online was glitchy and disfunctional. I think they shut the servers down, no? The Xbox ones may be up though. The XBLA game also had online issues. Both games were fun if you could work around the glitches.

it's not letting me vote, but I wanted to add in Singularity as an option! the multiplayer is pretty fun, similar to L4D and Dead Space multiplayers.

I'm with you as far as watching movies for the season rather than playing games (I've always wanted to play Costume Quest again around Halloween, but the backlog never allows it). Trick or Treat has become a staple in my house since it came out. Super fun movie. And AMC has been killing it with their movie marathons. It's easier for me to tune in to whatever they put on than to make a conscience decision about which of my dozens of horror movies I'll pick.
This. ^ I've spent most Halloween nights at home (not necessarily by choice), and AMC always had a Halloween marathon on. I'd noticed in recent years the selection kinda sucked though.. (generally only John Carpenter's Halloween series' movies) but they're really "killing it" this year. :p Pun aside, maybe it's because they want attention for Walking Dead, but their selection this month has been fantastic.

I voted for write-in. I don't know how Condemned is not on that list. Or how the other votes are L4D, Aliens and COD -_-.

Anyway, Condemned. Easily.

it's not letting me vote, but I wanted to add in Singularity as an option! the multiplayer is pretty fun, similar to L4D and Dead Space multiplayers.
I actually voted for L4D (I have all the DLCs aside from Sacrifice for L4D1 too). The reason I didn't add Condemned 2 or Singularity to the poll list is for one of the reasons I put in my announcement post. They're both just too "niche" imo, and if I made them the main event, I feel that we wouldn't get enough support/people to join.

I'll admit some of the games on the list are niche, but they've been on sale digitally within the last week or so, so I figured they made decent candidates for a poll.

But this is why I added the relevant games section! :) I will put both your GTs in there when I update the section later. Also, if there's an overwhelming amount of support for Condemned 2 or Singularity, I will add them to the poll.

I have both games by the way. In fact, I currently own every title in the relevant games section aside from Dead Space 3 & Operation Raccoon City (though I have DLC for both games).

I also clarified the poll, in case people were confused about which games they were voting for.

This. ^ I've spent most Halloween nights at home (not necessarily by choice), and AMC always had a good Halloween marathon on. I'd noticed in recent years the selection kinda sucked though.. but they're really "killing it" this year. :p Pun aside, maybe it's because they want attention for Walking Dead, but their selection this month has been fantastic.

I actually voted for L4D (I have all the DLCs aside from Sacrifice for L4D1 too). The reason I didn't add Condemned 2 or Singularity to the poll list is for one of the reasons I put in my post. They're just both too "niche" imo, and if I made them the main event, I feel that we wouldn't get enough support.

I'll admit some of the games on the list are niche, but they've been on sale digitally within the last week or so, so I figured they made decent candidates.

But this is why I added the relevant games section! :) I will put both your GTs in there when I update the section later. Also, if there's an overwhelming amount of support for Condemned 2 or Singularity, I will add them to the poll.

I have both games by the way. In fact, I currently own every title in the relevant games section aside from Dead Space 3 & Operation Raccoon City (though I have DLC for both games).

I also clarified the poll, in case people were confused about which games they were voting for.
Lol, it's actually my bad. I committed a major #fail and didn't read what I was voting on! I just assumed it was what's your favorite....description...game?

Now having read the title (SORRY!) I'd change my vote to L4D, although if anyone wants to boost in Marines let me know!

EDIT: Changed my vote.

It's fine Greg. I'll put you on the list for Colonial Marines when the section gets updated. Should I put you down for Condemned 2 as well, or just Aliens?

Hey, at least you won't make the same mistake at the polls next week? Haha.

Chrono, it's just the PS3 Ghostbusters' servers that got shut down for some reason. I just checked. Xbox version is fine. I'll add you to the list when I update the section, unless you wanted to vote for Ghostbusters in the main poll and can't?

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE VOTING, CLICK TO DELETE YOUR CURRENT VOTE AND VOTE AGAIN.

If that doesn't work, please post in-thread that you can't vote and what your vote is.

Also, PLEASE specifically tell me if you don't want to be added to the relevant games section. For now, if you don't and ask for people to play with, I will assume you want to have your GamerTag posted in the section.

Edit: Poll's a big hit apparently. L4D has a commanding lead. Also, I KNEW Castlevania would get a good amount of votes in here, haha.

I'd be down if anyone wants to do some co-op campaign in Colonial Marines or Operation Raccoon City. It's scary... how bad they are.

Glad I picked up Dead Island GOTY for $5 on PS+...
That was a good deal just because it was cheaper for the main game. The Dead Island DLC is so bad it adds zero value LoL

Still waiting on the Games for Gold thing. Would make sense I guess if Halo 3 was supposed to be the last game and they are scrambling to figure out the next one.

Still waiting on the Games for Gold thing. Would make sense I guess if Halo 3 was supposed to be the last game and they are scrambling to figure out the next one.
No, they specifically said Games for Gold would extend to the end of the year in the initial announcement (I know, cause I watched the damn thing. :( ) They only recently confirmed extending it past Dec of this year, after considering it for a while. We still have 4 games meant to be free, on the schedule. I think it's just Major Lazy not wanting to do the post for it until he has to. I'd expect the announcement tomorrow or Friday at the very latest.

By the way, since it was your feedback biledriver, what do you think of the new achievement notation colours? Better? I think so, at least. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Alright, I think everything's good with the poll now. I'll be lurking pretty much the entire rest of the day in case anyone has any questions/suggestions/feedback. All I have left is to add GamerTags to the Community section every so often.

Since my semi-important announcement is a page behind now, I'm gonna put it in the 3rd post on the first page for now so it has more visibility, but doesn't clutter any existing section.

Oh, and I am pumped for SoulCalibur 2 HD Online like you won't believe. This'll be the fourth version of it I'll own.. yeah, I love it that much. I hope it comes out right after I finish Full Burst.

The deals truly are scary this week, they could have at least rotated in some different Shocktober stuff.

I voted L4D, but I'll be hoping around games most likely. I might even try to do one last Halo 3 Infection night since it got the player boost and all the maps are Forged.

Not a deal, but for those of you wondering what happened to SoulCalibur II HD Online, it was recently rated and the achievements just leaked, so it shouldn't be too much longer now.
Sweet. I will have to pick it up at some point since I love the game. I still have my Xbox & GC copies so no rush.

I hate though that they have an "unlock all achievements" achievement. So pointless!

By the way, since it was your feedback biledriver, what do you think of the new achievement notation colours? Better? I think so, at least. Thank you for pointing it out to me.
Hahahaha well like I said, I'm not in the achievements in the OP camp to begin with. So since the bright colors almost make it seem like they are the most important things to catch your eye, it feels off to me like the deals are a side thought. The colors are a bit less loud though which is good.

I'd still like to see a bit better balance between eye popping optional info and understated main info. But again, I understand that I'm in the minority and some people care more about achievements. Awesome job at maintaining the thread though!

It's fine Greg. I'll put you on the list for Colonial Marines when the section gets updated. Should I put you down for Condemned 2 as well, or just Aliens?

Hey, at least you won't make the same mistake at the polls next week? Haha.

Chrono, it's just the PS3 Ghostbusters' servers that got shut down for some reason. I just checked. Xbox version is fine. I'll add you to the list when I update the section, unless you wanted to vote for Ghostbusters in the main poll and can't?

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE VOTING, CLICK TO DELETE YOUR CURRENT VOTE AND VOTE AGAIN.

If that doesn't work, please post in-thread that you can't vote and what your vote is.

Also, PLEASE specifically tell me if you don't want to be added to the relevant games section. For now, if you don't and ask for people to play with, I will assume you want to have your GamerTag posted in the section.

Edit: Poll's a big hit apparently. L4D has a commanding lead. Also, I KNEW Castlevania would get a good amount of votes in here, haha.
I changed the vote on my own and voted for L4D. I need to achievement whore in Aliens but I don't really consider it fun lmao.

I'd be down if anyone wants to do some co-op campaign in Colonial Marines or Operation Raccoon City. It's scary... how bad they are.
If you need to get any achievements in Aliens you can add my GT but I'm about done with that game as far as recreational lol.

Haha "Major Lazy" gets so much shit in this thread, sometimes I feel for the guy.  But it's Mircosoft's fault, they should at least have a small blog team for communication and outreach with fans about XBox Live, new content, sales, etc.  The PlayStation blog is far from perfect, but it's still way better than what MS has right now, which is basically Major Nelson's blog.  

There's PlayXBLA, but at this point that feels like a 100% advertising blog which never provides any useful info to fans (I doubt anyone on that blog has any more knowledge about XBLA than most the guys in this thread) and Xbox Wire, which seems to be more focused on providing information about Xbox One and provides zero opportunity for communication with fans, I don't think they even have a comment section.

Both games that are garbage solo, but very fun in co-op.

I'd add Minecraft to the list. They recently released a Halloween texture pack (free), have a Halloween skin pack (not available to buy this year), and a lot of people own the game.

I'm thinking about finally playing Resident Evil 5 PC before they remove Xbox achievements.

Haha "Major Lazy" gets so much shit in this thread, sometimes I feel for the guy. But it's Mircosoft's fault, they should at least have a small blog team for communication and outreach with fans about XBox Live, new content, sales, etc. The PlayStation blog is far from perfect, but it's still way better than what MS has right now, which is basically Major Nelson's blog.

There's PlayXBLA, but at this point that feels like a 100% advertising blog which never provides any useful info to fans (I doubt anyone on that blog has any more knowledge about XBLA than most the guys in this thread) and Xbox Wire, which seems to be more focused on providing information about Xbox One and provides zero opportunity for communication with fans, I don't think they even have a comment section.
I know. The twitter support team does such a good job they should get some of those guys to maintain a big Xbox live blog. It's not the one guy dropping the ball it's the big Microsoft machine not having a good social media plan.

I voted L4D. I own both of them and think they're great for some good co-op fun. Operation: Raccoon City is only good with other people (and it's a very loose definition of the word good), but completed that last year.

I know I overdid it with the sarcasm on that post, but it gets old seeing the same posts about how crappy the sales are each week. These sales are not designed for CAGs. They never have been, and they never will be. These are decent discounts on Games on Demand titles this week. Just because certain people don't have an interest in or already own the games that are on sale doesn't mean that the sales are horrible. This is the cheapest The Darkness can currently be purchased for from BBY/GS/Amazon. The sale price for Dead Island Riptide is also competitive. I just get sick of this weird mindset that sales should be custom-tailored to individuals.

Then again, I don't consider exclusive sales as a major benefit to my Gold subscription (I'm more interested in the multiplayer aspects), which probably skews my view in a different direction than others. In retrospect, I should have just said this instead of what I originally posted. We all make mistakes.
First off, I have never said anything even remotely close to anything stated in this thread. I don't expect sales to be tailored directly for me, or for CAG members for that matter, lol. That idea is nothing short of ludicrous. What I do expect is for MS to be competitive in regards to sales and the value of its Xbox Live Gold membership and that is NOT an unrealistic expectation (then again, maybe it is when dealing with MS). MS's sales have been a JOKE since the Summer of Arcade started, actually a few weeks before that. And no offense, but I don't care what your sick of hearing. This is a public forum and people have a right to express their opinions, regardless of what you may think about them. If your sick of reading particular opinions, take some time off from the forum or stop reading those posts. Sales have easily been one of the biggest weakness's for the 360 console, during its ENTIRE life span. They did get significantly better at the beginning of this year, but then they went right back to being crappy again and while that is a subjective opinion, it is one a significant number of people hold (and for good reason).

Ill tell you what, you can go ahead and put me on ignore. That would save you from ever having to read another post from me complaining how bad MS sales are. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer that to having to read your really bad attempts at witty sarcasm.

For the Halloween night I have COD WAW with all DLC and Black Ops 1 (no DLC), Doom 3 BFG, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 with DLC and Singularity.

Can I add Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare to the list? I'd love to play that and, if possible, get the zombie horde achievement. It's not required but might as well try for it.

@Bobbytastic I know you listed times but not a time zone. I figure since this is an all day type of thing. If it matters I'm in Pacific so we end Halloween for the country yet I go to bed early since I work at 6 am and can be on early Halloween afternoon.

First off, I have never said anything even remotely close to anything stated in this thread. I don't expect sales to be tailored directly for me, or for CAG members for that matter, lol. That idea is nothing short of ludicrous. What I do expect is for MS to be competitive in regards to sales and the value of its Xbox Live Gold membership and that is NOT an unrealistic expectation (then again, maybe it is when dealing with MS). MS's sales have been a JOKE since the Summer of Arcade started, actually a few weeks before that. And no offense, but I don't care what your sick of hearing. This is a public forum and people have a right to express their opinions, regardless of what you may think about them. If your sick of reading particular opinions, take some time off from the forum or stop reading those posts. Sales have easily been one of the biggest weakness's for the 360 console, during its ENTIRE life span. They did get significantly better at the beginning of this year, but then they went right back to being crappy again and while that is a subjective opinion, it is one a significant number of people hold (and for good reason).

Ill tell you what, you can go ahead and put me on ignore. That would save you from ever having to read another post from me complaining how bad MS sales are. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer that to having to read your really bad attempts at witty sarcasm.
To be fair you are someone I see complaining about sales very often, especially in the previous thread during the weeks leading up to and right after the summer of arcade. Literally 2-3 weeks after we had sales on several GoD and new xbla titles (Blood Dragon and Gunslinger) you were complaining about Microsoft's sales repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back