XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i fall into the "think this is shit deal" category

Hey they may be good games but when you see stuff like dead rising 2 and halo 3 being on the list

it just seems like a huge downgrade when they could have done something like condemned 1 or 2 maybe even the first bioshock or even the orange box,so many options i guess thats why i feel like they dropped the ball big time

$20?!? I don't really give a shit about that game, but I don't love seeing these downloadable game prices creeping up to $20.
It's fascinating really. Perhaps I've mentioned this in this already in the few posts I've made on CAG, but this recalls a huge point of contention in gaming that began a couple decades ago. I remember during the phasing out of cart-based games, it was always argued (by manufacturers and consumers) that it was far cheaper to produce games on disc compared to cartridges. I hate to say it, but I've never seen an honest out with the fact that we all got screwed on the consumer end of that deal. Hell, I paid $49.99 in most cases on new release cart-based games.....coming into 2014 & $59.99???? What in the actual :censored: ?????

The reason I bring up tyler1701's statement is that this seems to be another business-end manipulation over time to hike up the prices of digital content due to the heightened usage of the medium. I guess this time nobody is citing lower production costs whilst hiking up prices. The only thing that drops these prices quickly compared to the cart-based is the traffic. The wallet speaks. There are other platforms ready to show the MS marketing teams how to build repeat business for the future of their entertainment ecosystem.

As for this month's selections:

Keflings is pretty good couch co-op and catchy. It's mindless fun, but that can get old. I caught it on sale early this year and put maybe a few hours into it before it went to the catacombs that is my xbox hdd.

Iron Brigade: I don't have it. I never knew it existed. I'll download it because I'm golden and see former.

Am I sad panda about the meh deals....not really. However, from a consumer perspective, you're not doing it right MS. I know not all platforms give away 'free' games, but there are a growing number of ways many mainstream titles are practically given away.

This is the only post on the entire internet that says such a thing.

untitle.JPG

Soo what should I say...in your face man! My information was right LOL

(Although I think I have mixed up World and Kingdom of Keflings lol)

Not too long at all:

lifelower ‏@lifelower 5m

Calendar update. SoulCalibur II HD Online will be released on November 20th for $19.99.

$20?!? I don't really give a shit about that game, but I don't love seeing these downloadable game prices creeping up to $20.
This will be the standard price for these games on xbox one. Even crappy looking title like Loco Cycle is priced as $20.

For games with gold offers - lol, it's good thing my expectations are as low as possible. :p

Yeah I mean the average Xbox gamer. Most of us in this thread are reasonable enough to realize that arcade games are good and have a place in the GwG promo.
Yea but it's still a bit shocking they went with two arcade games in the same month. Especially after the Defense Grid flap. I honestly think they are having trouble getting decent full games to give out. I think they went into this blind except the 3 titles they mentioned and are now scrambling.

I mean no one likes the PS+ comparisons but it's the same over there. When they get too many arcade titles there's anger because they are used to some full size titles. I expected an arcade title this time but figured they'd keep up the one each per month.

Iron Brigade is welcome to me. Don't have it, wanted to try it. I already have World of Keflings. Keflings is alright, but it's basically just busy work. Cute busy work.

Soo if only I didn't seel my martian bear dlc code back then lol...on the other hand I never really wanted Iron Brigade just another useless MP heavy Arcade Title (at least there is SOME SP unlike other titles...still wish I would have avoided Hybrid...but happy I never got started Nexuiz lol)

...just looked it up: yeah I gave away Iron Brigade on Steamgifts once lol I didn't even want it on Steam apparently...

$15 would have been nice, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to get it day one anyway. :lol: It's Soul Calibur II for goodness' sake.

HAHAHA. Two arcade games. Never would've guessed. Guess they want people to focus on the XB1 and the new games releasing this month instead of gwg.
That has to be it. They are going to put out all these old games that [many] people already have to try and convince people the Xbox One selection is better.

I don't remember Iron Brigade and World of Keflings, but it shows that I downloaded the trials before which means I didn't like them. This is good timing as my Xbox Gold is about to expire so I can renew at a future time.

Same here... I started Dead Space, played the first level, and then put it down because it was so scary. :lol: Gave it another try a few months later and it quickly became one of my favorite games of the generation.

I remember playing the demo on 360 and not really liking it. This week I downloaded the 1 hour trial on PSN so I'll try it tonight and if I like it I'll buy and play it.

Come on Curse of the Zombiesaurus DLC sale. That's all I need to complete Keflings. I enjoy the Keflings games a lot. They're great for when I want to wind the evening down and relax. I haven't played Iron Brigade since liking the trial and downloading the game + DLC. Maybe I'll have people to play co-op with now that it'll be free.

Soo if only I didn't seel my martian bear dlc code back then lol...on the other hand I never really wanted Iron Brigade just another useless MP heavy Arcade Title (at least there is SOME SP unlike other titles...still wish I would have avoided Hybrid...but happy I never got started Nexuiz lol)

...just looked it up: yeah I gave away Iron Brigade on Steamgifts once lol I didn't even want it on Steam apparently...
I found the Martian Bear DLC basically unbeatable playing solo. So if you're not into MP, you would have had very little use for it.

Nice, good one.

I'd pick that game up based on nostalgia, but not for $20. $10 tops.

I'm right there with ya. And fuck yeah on the Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks HD tease. I remember renting it and enjoying it. I'd grab that for $10 or less too.

(Sorry for the double post. Tapatalk won't let me edit my posts for some reason.)

Wow.

Just wow.

First thing I do is go to Major Nelson's site.

Second thing I do is come here because I know I was going to get something for my post last night denying these two games.

fucking A.

This is the first month I'm disappointed in the games. We couldn't even get one retail game? No Kameo, Outfit, Perfect Dark Zero? Anything? At all? Wow Microsoft, way to drop the fucking ball.

Oh right, and :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

And I would've rather had Kingdom of Keflings since I don't own it, but nothing for me for next month's Games for Gold or whatever.

Ugh, the Endurance Round final boss battle and the button mashing to finish off bosses like Scorpion are what stick out in my head when I think of that game. Otherwise fantastic beat em up.

I too was hoping for one GoD title. The nice thing is that even if I already own the game (which has been the case for every one so far), at least now I have a digital copy. So it is still a nice perk for me. But when they give out arcade titles, if I already own them, there is no advantage. But, I am not complaining, it is still free games and an added perk to Gold membership. I am also glad for Iron Brigade to hopefully get some more love.

So....underwhelming Games With Gold titles for next month and a $20 price for Soul Calibur 2?  Not a fantastic day for me as a gamer.  I was willing to spend $15 on SC2, but $20 is too much even for the best version of Ivy in any SC game.  As much as it hurts to say, looks like I will be waiting for a sale. 

Edit:  ....but I really want it and will likely cave unless there are some good sales between now and November 20th.  I'm not proud of this.

I'll never get this. Some of the worst full games I've played still gave me more than the best XBLA games. Just don't understand, to each his own, but I can't see it.
well, at least a crappy 3 hour xbla game will give you all its diversity in 3 hours. a crappy AAA game you will barely be out of the tutorial in 3 hours. if a game isn't fantastic i'm sooo unlikely to play more than 5 hours nowadays considering every 2 weeks i've got an new xbox game for free, a few psn games for free, probably a dozen pc games i paid about $4 for.

keflings is LOL but that game sold pretty good i think so i don't think it's an awful choice. brigade looks pretty cool. i ain't complaining. shit i haven't owned any of the GFG games so far. i already beat fable and had halo 3 before but i didn't have them anymore when we got them. which is amazing considering i have like 130ish games on my hd. still hoping for NFS carbon and gears 2.

I'll never get this. Some of the worst full games I've played still gave me more than the best XBLA games. Just don't understand, to each his own, but I can't see it.
Then you need to play more games. There are quite a few retail games that are on about the same level of a bad XBLA game. Actually the 2 free games for November aren't bad at all. Sadly for me, I already own them.

There are plenty of XBLA or PSN games that are significantly better than most full games out there. Shadow Complex, Trials Series, Minecraft, Mark of Ninja, Limbo, Fez, Braid, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, The Walking Dead, Battle Field 1943, Spelunky, Journey, Guacamelee, Super Stardust HD, Hotline Miami etc are as good as if not better than most full games.

Gave you more what? More enjoyment?
Both enjoyment and content. I think when it comes to it, arcade games are more likely to be one trick ponies. They do one thing and they try to do it well. But if you don't care for what they do they are simply bad to you. Where as full releases try to do many things and maybe you can still salvage some fun out of them.

Like I hated games that are mostly praised on the arcade because I just didn't appreciate what they do. Games like The Walking Dead, Shadow Complex, Limbo, Fez, Braid, Mark of the Ninja. I just didn't care for what they presented. But I found things to like in trashed full retail games like Two Worlds, Dragon Age 2 or Too Human. Hell, Dragon Age 2 is one of my favorite games.

So... World of keflings and Iron Brigade this month. I don't own either. Probably won't play either. Kingdom of Keflings was a chore to play.

Iron Brigade is a little gem, you will enjoy it, specially with friends. I own both so november is meh for me. I bet december will bring us some kinect crap to round off the year :p

Oh yeah the new TOU seems targeted to screw foreign accounts along with gamertags and hardware. No loopholes now: you sign in to be permanently in the scaffold.

Liking the choices for this month's GWG. Always wanted to try the Keflings games but never bought any. I've never heard of Iron Brigade but after watching a video review, I look forward to trying it. Seems different.

Well, I already own both of November's games, but I am hoping for a DLC sale.
Didn't somebody say there would be one a few posts back?

EDIT: Disregard, they were just stating that there is paid DLC to go along with them.

Jack shit is coming for the rest of year that I care about, so I'll probably pick up Soul Calibur at release. Not thrilled with Bamco since they're making that PS3 only F2P SC game instead of adding stuff to SCV, which could really use it. Especially since it's single-player only for some reason, presumably to not clash too much with F2P Tekken.

Already have Keflings, but have wanted to play Iron Brigade. I get the feeling the thread's thoughts are correct though. MS is going to be mediocre as hell with Games with Gold and most sales for a bit to try and play up how much "better" Xbone is. Hopefully we'll still get decent Black Friday and Christmas sales. I was kind of expecting them to go all out selling somewhat big stuff since nothing is gong to work on the Bone. Recentish GoD games and DLC, big arcade games like Minecraft, premium themes, and whatever else.

I could have sworn the apps punchcard and maps punchcard ran only until October 31. I remember thinking we had two months to do the apps punchcard. Now they both say they run until November 30. I guess they got extended. Which kind of sucks. I was hoping for a new round of punchcards that might double dip into the holiday sales.

The movie/tv punchcard still ends today, so we might get one new punchcard in the next few days.

Well, I don't own neither A World of Keflings nor Iron Brigade. But I never wanted them.

Anyways, I, as more xbox users expected at least a GoD this month, but two crappy xblas? WHY? They have a LOT of old crappy GoD's to give us instead!!!

Well at least I get two games I didn't have free even though Keflings seemed boring as hell from the demo.

The number one thing I hate in games is taking care of NPC's and Keflings is basically rasing a bunch of them from the demo. :cold:

Iron Brigade seemed pretty fun though from the demo I played when It went on a sale a while back.

Heres hoping we get good sales next week at last.

Reminder, for those with it in your backlogs, If you haven't played GTA5 online yet, today is the last day to play in order to qualify for the Stimulus package.

Well at least I get two games I didn't have free even though Keflings seemed boring as hell from the demo.
The number one thing I hate in games is taking care of NPC's and Keflings is basically rasing a bunch of them from the demo. :cold:
Iron Brigade seemed pretty fun though from the demo I played when It went on a sale a while back.
Heres hoping we get good sales next week at last.

Reminder, for those with it in your backlogs, If you haven't played GTA5 online yet, today is the last day to play in order to qualify for the Stimulus package.
The Keflings game was okay, (think child-friendly Starcraft with avatars and a kingdom); but it has jack for replayability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back