XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleh, that doesn't sound good. I seriously hope there are at least minimal quality standards (ie. your game wasn't made with MS Paint in an hour) to get on the store, but it doesn't sound like it. Not that it affects me as I wasn't planning to get an X1 anytime soon, but I feel that's a big downside to unifying the marketplace. Games like The Walking Dead deserve to be right next to Bioshock on the store; Don't Die Dateless Dummy, not so much.
That's how Windows Phone 8 Marketplace is. Anybody can make apps and share them using a link, but to get it on the Marketplace, they have to submit it for review. I made an app last week using MS Paint to see how easy it would be to make one. It looks absolutely terrible, but works on my phone.

Even with the review, a lot of crap still gets through. However, the community has done a very good job of weeding out the garbage. Searching by top rated or top downloaded helps a lot.

Bizarro Cheapy you don't get charged tax because youre account is in Canada, or because you use point cards? That would be sweet if we don't get charged tax if we use cards still.
Heres hoping the next two weeks bring some joyous sales. My backlog hasn't been fed since Gta5.
Because of cards yes. I bought one thing with my Paypal via Xbox.com instead and I was charged tax. Every single console purchase with account balance has been tax free. This is why I always buy points, even if it's a roundabout way of doing so. Every penny helps.

bob101910 said:
That's how Windows Phone 8 Marketplace is. Anybody can make apps and share them using a link, but to get it on the Marketplace, they have to submit it for review. I made an app last week using MS Paint to see how easy it would be to make one. It looks absolutely terrible, but works on my phone.

Even with the review, a lot of crap still gets through. However, the community has done a very good job of weeding out the garbage. Searching by top rated or top downloaded helps a lot.
I know someone on the WinPhone review team ... and I can tell you there is no review/curation process. :whistle2:(

I know someone on the WinPhone review team ... and I can tell you there is no review/curation process. :whistle2:(
I'll try putting my app on the marketplace and see what happens. It's complete trash, so if they let it though I'll believe you. Maybe they only reject apps that have 18+ material ^_~

Because of cards yes. I bought one thing with my Paypal via Xbox.com instead and I was charged tax. Every single console purchase with account balance has been tax free. This is why I always buy points, even if it's a roundabout way of doing so. Every penny helps.
Clarify something for me. I have a couple of retail points cards. What is the best way to use them to avoid sales tax when redeeming them?

So far, so good ... changed the border colors around the DOTW header from blue to gold, and it's sticking. :)
Looks better, thank you.

Yeah, I haven't fiddled with anything and it's still a Wiki, so I think we're in a good shape.

I might have jury duty Tuesday, so it might be a good time for a Wiki OP.

Also, in regards to Tropico 4 DLC (which I'm still looking for recommendations for), Tropico 4 Gold comes with the Modern Times pack (and nothing else, unfortunately -_-), so don't recommend that. And that's the only DLC that comes with extra achievements, unfortunately.

Edit: Added 2 new price drops in OP.

Clarify something for me. I have a couple of retail points cards. What is the best way to use them to avoid sales tax when redeeming them?
Not sure what you mean. Redeem them to add that balance to your account and as long as you keep a balance, and use that balance, you shouldn't be charged sales tax. The lowest I got my account to was 3 cents, before Halo 3, and I've since bought all 3 map packs, $4.99, $4.99, $1.99, no sales tax.

That might be why. I can't tell tho, I just stick to what works for me. I could never get a zero balance, because I'd have 10 or 20 points leftover. With the currency change, I've gotten to 3 cents but it's impossible to zero out completely, which works in my benefit.

I believe the 400 point codes are region free (I'm buying them from Amazon/Newegg and attaching them to my Canadian account). I can migrate again November 1st, and I want to migrate to Japan to pick up a healthy list of XBLA titles, but the never-ending free Games With Gold may stop me from doing so (I can avoid VPN locks, but not region locks, when they offer alternate titles, like Shadowrun.)

I got Forza Horizon last black friday for $15 and would Highly recommend it to anyone who liked the forza franchise
Be warned all ye who enter...There are some people who have gotten "disc read errors" while playing the GoD version of Forza Horizon(yes, I know). Apparently, its a bad error which prevents gameplay and lots of people have complained in the Forza forums. T10 has acknowledged the issue and that they are working on it. Otherwise, its a great deal on a great game. No word on length of price drop.

Be warned all ye who enter...There are some people who have gotten "disc read errors" while playing the GoD version of Forza Horizon(yes, I know). Apparently, its a bad error which prevents gameplay and lots of people have complained in the Forza forums. T10 has acknowledged the issue and that they are working on it. Otherwise, its a great deal on a great game. No word on length of price drop.
I believe that's only from people that were trying to 'share' the game on a friends console, or people that were trying to play on a 2nd console with their gamertag. Something is wrong with that game that makes it unplayable unless you're on the original console that the license is tied to.

I love Forza Horizon... I tried to play it last night with my wireless wheel from BB clearance. Pretty fun. I still prefer the other way with just the controller...

I'm planning on purchasing Battlestations Pacific tonight before I forget to in the morning. I should get Pacific, not Midway, yes? Any reason to get both?

Midway got an 8.5 on ign. Pacific got a 7.7...If I thought they'd get played, I'd buy them, but I know they won't.
this for me too. I've become a lot better in the last year at not impulse buying sale games. I realized I really should try to get through most of my current gen backlog before hopping on the nextgen PS4 train.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a site similar to xbldb.com that would show the cheapest a physical disc copy of a game has been? That would help with some of the unannounced markdown games that I'm curious about.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a site similar to xbldb.com that would show the cheapest a physical disc copy of a game has been? That would help with some of the unannounced markdown games that I'm curious about.
It's only for Amazon, but camelcamelcamel.com might be helpful.

Usually around like 10PM EST is when the supposed early deals come out I thought or at least it's been that way for little over a month or so.

Walking Dead 400 Days is half off. My patience has paid off! :whee:  Not that I had to wait THAT long, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait any longer.

Now they just need to release SCII HD Online and put Toy Soldiers DLC on sale again and I can be content.

Walking Dead 400 Days is half off. My patience has paid off! :whee:
Mine too. Except I'm away from home right now and for some reason it won't let me purchase the game from my existing balance? I see the note on the wiki, but no explanation. Did I not search correctly? What gives? Why do I need to purchase directly from my Xbox?

Walking Dead 400 Days is half off. My patience has paid off! :whee: Not that I had to wait THAT long, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait any longer.

Now they just need to release SCII HD Online and put Toy Soldiers DLC on sale again and I can be content.
Yeah, I'll pick that up at least. More stuff showing up now.

More stuff showing up

Bloodforge- $7.49

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime- $2.49

The Walking Dead 400 Days- $2.49

Limbo- $7.49

Think I'll pick up

Walking Dead 400 Days is on sale for $2.50 Def. gonna get that, and perhaps Skulls. Oh and the long awaited Naruto dlc tomorrow. How is Skulls on xbox?
I was thinking the same thing. I enjoyed Skulls on my phone, but haven't tried Xbox version yet. Not a fan of TWD, but want the dlc for the last few achievements.

Yeah, think I'll bite on 400 days. I have like $2.00 in funny money. Do I just purchase on the console and it automatically uses the funny money first and charges the rest to Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back