XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, think I'll bite on 400 days. I have like $2.00 in funny money. Do I just purchase on the console and it automatically uses the funny money first and charges the rest to Paypal?
Nope. If you don't have enough, you can't use it. :whee:

So Halloween sale for everyone and Need for Speed sale for Gold it seems.
I hope there's more things on the Halloween sale because, as much as I want to pick up 400 days, my Walking Dead series is on Steam. So a good sale on them (PSN is offering it for $5 for the whole thing!!) would be great.

If not, let's see what other games they offer.

I think I'll get Sanctum of Slime. I know it's not very good, but the kiddos like it.

I'll give the Skulls of the Shogun demo a try. Strategy games aren't really muh thang though.

any opinions on which NFS is the "best"? ive only played hot pursuit, I'm more of a burnout guy than a forza guy...
I've only rented Most Wanted, but I was struck as to how much it feels like an unofficial sequel to Burnout Paradise, one of my favorite games this generation. Only with police chases. I'm told Hot Pursuit is not structured the same way but is pretty awesome nonetheless, and of course, the other two are not Criterion-developed, so... there's that :)

I've really been wanting the NFS:MW Deluxe DLC but i'm no longer Gold. Stupid Microsoft. I can't remember, can I use a 48 hour code to get it or does it have to be a 1 Month minimum code?

I've only rented Most Wanted, but I was struck as to how much it feels like an unofficial sequel to Burnout Paradise, one of my favorite games this generation. Only with police chases. I'm told Hot Pursuit is not structured the same way but is pretty awesome nonetheless, and of course, the other two are not Criterion-developed, so... there's that :)
I picked up Most Wanted last black friday for $25, and immediately sold it and picked up Hot Pursuit. I didn't play Most Wanted a whole lot, but I thought Hot Pursuit was a much better game.

any opinions on which NFS is the "best"? ive only played hot pursuit, I'm more of a burnout guy than a forza guy...
I really enjoyed all three that I've played (haven't played pro street yet), but they may not be for everyone.. Most Wanted is a more open world one, The run is a continuous race, and hot pursuit is one where you choose a race, complete it, rinse and repeat. Hot pursuit you are able to play as both the cops and street racers though, so if you're into a cop type of racer that'd be a good choice. Out of those, I'd say Most Wanted is my favorite, simply because I love open world racers.

EDIT: Replayability may be an issue with all three however; once they're beaten there really isn't a lot to do in my opinion.

So Forza Horizon is marked down to $15, what are you guys' thoughts? Worth it? Is it pretty fun compared to some other Forza (or even NFS) games?

I Hated Blood Forge. Blood Forge was a poor man's Conan which in turn was a poor man's God of War. The color palette is so drab and the level design is so flat and uninspired and the combat and camera is so cumbersome and slow. There are much better God of War rip offs, this one isn't it.

Ghostbusters (the non XBLA game) was fun when I played it 2-3 years ago. If you're a fan you'll enjoy it and can forgive some of it's short comings (your AI Ghost Busting buddies are goddamn idiots). It's nothing anywhere close to amazing, but if you're a fan you'll enjoy it.

Any thoughts on Blood forge, Ghostbusters, or NFS Pro street? I'm thinking for only $7.50 a pop I may get Ghostbusters and Prostreet.
I only played the trial for Bloodforge but didn't really like.

There seemed to be random graphical glitches, narrow linear paths thanks to invisible walls and the fighting just reminded me of a really, really shitty God of War-wannabe.

So Forza Horizon is marked down to $15, what are you guys' thoughts? Worth it? Is it pretty fun compared to some other Forza (or even NFS) games?
I really enjoyed playing this. There are ton's of achievements to get and it will keep you occupied for hours. Even the online is pretty time consuming.

Sweet. Def getting 400 Days. With that I got the whole first season for $10.50. Probably going to get the GotY version too when it drops a little just to support Telltales and have a disc copy.
If this is their halloween sale, what will next week be since its actually Halloween?

I really enjoyed playing this. There are ton's of achievements to get and it will keep you occupied for hours. Even the online is pretty time consuming.
I may go for it then.
*Sigh* There goes another ~7GB of HDD space. I really, really need to work on some of the backlog GoD games I have.

Thanks for the feedback on Bloodforge. The critics on MC crapped on it but the users (only 1 negative out of 10 reviews) didn't seem to feel the same. Glad to get some CAG opinions.

In addition to 400 Days, I plan on grabbing Limbo but I'm not sure if I should use my account balance and go digital or pay for this: http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Trials-Splosion-Man-Xbox/dp/B004QIY0Y4?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelbrowser-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004QIY0Y4 since I've yet to play any of the 3 and together, they average an 87 rating on MC.

Thanks for the feedback on Bloodforge. The critics on MC crapped on it but the users (only 1 negative out of 10 reviews) didn't seem to feel the same. Glad to get some CAG opinions.

In addition to 400 Days, I plan on grabbing Limbo but I'm not sure if I should use my account balance and go digital or pay for this: http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Trials-Splosion-Man-Xbox/dp/B004QIY0Y4?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelbrowser-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004QIY0Y4 since I've yet to play any of the 3 and together, they average an 87 rating on MC.
If you haven't played any of those, I suggest just going for the disc. Splosion Man is a blast to play (50 sp levels and 50 different co-op levels), Trials HD is amazing and frustrating but in a good way (although it's the only one I don't own of this set) and nothing can be said about Limbo except it being a masterpiece.

In addition to 400 Days, I plan on grabbing Limbo but I'm not sure if I should use my account balance and go digital or pay for this: http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Trials-Splosion-Man-Xbox/dp/B004QIY0Y4?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelbrowser-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004QIY0Y4 since I've yet to play any of the 3 and together, they average an 87 rating on MC.
The MC score for Bloodforge is so fucked up. That game got such a bad rap. But they did put out a major patch that simplified the game, which was one of the biggest complaints of the game. I think there were several other fixes as well. So that makes the Metacritic score even less accurate than it already is.

Bardockkun is right, the game doesn't really look good and the story is pretty inconsequential and it is a God of War ripoff, but I still really liked it. The dodge mechanic works well, the combat was pretty good, there was a decent variety of weapons, and so on. I enjoyed my time from start to finish. I think if you play the demo you'll get enough of an impression of whether it's for you or not.

I'm not saying it's game of the decade, but 42/100 is not even close to fair. The game is perfectly functional with a fine combat system. 42/100 should be reserved to games that are borderline unplayable.

Here's my writeup of the game, I almost positive it's spoiler free except for one part (which I did but spoiler brackets on), not that spoiling anything about the Bloodforge story would be particularly significant anyway.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/3523/entry-22395-in-defense-ofbloodforge/

Sweet. Def getting 400 Days. With that I got the whole first season for $10.50. Probably going to get the GotY version too when it drops a little just to support Telltales and have a disc copy.
If this is their halloween sale, what will next week be since its actually Halloween?
They didn't have a sale last year. I remember them having pictures of RE4 and Dead Space 2 Severed DLC and thinking man I can't wait for these two items to go on sale and they never did. I will never trust in Microsoft for a holiday sale again.

The MC score for Bloodforge is so fucked up. That game got such a bad rap. But they did put out a major patch that simplified the game, which was one of the biggest complaints of the game. I think there were several other fixes as well. So that makes the Metacritic score even less accurate than it already is.

Bardockkun is right, the game doesn't really look good and the story is pretty inconsequential and it is a God of War ripoff, but I still really liked it. The dodge mechanic works well, the combat was pretty good, there was a decent variety of weapons, and so on. I enjoyed my time from start to finish. I think if you play the demo you'll get enough of an impression of whether it's for you or not.

I'm not saying it's game of the decade, but 42/100 is not even close to fair. The game is perfectly functional with a fine combat system. 42/100 should be reserved to games that are borderline unplayable.

Here's my writeup of the game, I almost positive it's spoiler free except for one part (which I did but spoiler brackets on), not that spoiling anything about the Bloodforge story would be particularly significant anyway.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/3523/entry-22395-in-defense-ofbloodforge/
Bloodforge is the reason why I got fired from a gaming website I used to write for one year ago. My editor gave Fable Heroes a 4.5.5 and Bloodforge a 2/5. I liked that game, it was a pretty cool God Of War clone with a cool art style.

And you know with Halloween themed sale, I'm totally surprised Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare and Plants vs. Zombies aren't on sale since they throw them out on the weekly deals whenever they can.

horizon is a great game, are any of these need for speeds worth it? or better off just getting them on pc? i love most wanted (original), it's my favorite racing game....wish nfs carbon was on sale, i'd nab that in an instant...

You're kidding, right? That doesn't make any sense.
That's Microsoft for you. :whee:

But seriously, if you want to buy something that is $4.99, and you have $4.98, you must use a CC/Paypal, or add more of a balance.

This has to be my favorite emoticon on any site, ever. :whee:

horizon is a great game, are any of these need for speeds worth it? or better off just getting them on pc? i love most wanted (original), it's my favorite racing game....wish nfs carbon was on sale, i'd nab that in an instant...
I rented The Run and played about half of it. The story is nonsense but I really liked the concept of racing across the United States. The courses are varied because it represents everything from the Bay Area to the Desert to the plains and so on. It's a strict arcade racer, though, so think of it like a 21st century Outrun than a racing sim.

the concept of racing across the United States
cruisin.jpg
:whee:

It's not Forza the racing sim, but the actual racing is done well enough.

What I liked most about the game was the open world. I didn't think much of the setting before buying it ($15 on Black Friday last year), but there's everything from mountain to desert to city racing. Progression is fun and rewarding. There are cars to find in the game world and discounts on parts that you can find. It's a good excuse for just admiring the scenery.

The story, like The Run, is pretty lame. It's some extreme in your face music and racing festival. The game also nags you about DLC, but you don't need DLC to enjoy it. There's a rally expansion but I'm not interested. I would get it if it had a deep discount.

Since the Rocksmith drops haven't happened yet, I'm going to assume there's more drops in store.

Which means I'm going to hold off on updating the OP.

Normally I'd just wait 'till MajorNelson posts, but unfortunately I have inescapable jury duty this morning @ 8:45 (15 minutes before the usual post), so.. there might be a slight problem there.

If I don't see any more drops about an hour before I'm out the door, I'll update the OP with what's there. The OP is now a wiki, so if you guys wanna pick up the slack, you're more than welcome to.

This week has a few promising drops (Skulls of Shogun is finally $5 as opposed to the original $15), Walking Dead 400 Days (which I bought at full price at release for the gf at the time), Sanctum of Slime (hasn't been on sale in centuries) and Ghostbusters.

I'd be lying if I said the Halloween sale wasn't kinda disappointing though. Here's hoping more drops happen overnight/on Halloween day.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the entertainment budget for anything these past two weeks. Last week I only missed R.I.P.D., but this week I missed both Battlestation games, Capsized, Storm & I was even thinking about the Ultimate Alien game. Hoping this week will end the dry spell of purchasing.

NFS Week was a great idea, but what's the harm with putting other NFS DLCs on sale? Or including Burnout? (Both EA franchises).

Think I'll pick up the Most Wanted Deluxe DLC bundle since I already got the Ultimate Speed pack when it first went on sale. Although I wonder what will go on sale next week so maybe Major Nelson's post will make me change my mind lol.

Forza Horizon sale Announcement from Turn 10's Week in Review article:

Forza Horizon Going On Sale

If you are among the sad souls who have never played Forza Horizon we’ve got good news: the digital “Games on Demand” version of Forza Horizon will be on sale starting on Monday, Oct. 21, on Xbox Live. The game will be on sale for $15 between through November 5 so, if you haven’t had a chance to try Horizon yet, you’ve got a great opportunity to jump in and see what all the fun is about.

Warning ... I'm in yur OP, hacking the wiki with Needful Speeds.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: All done!  Wow, this new board sure does hate embedded bullet lists! :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Erm, nothing interesting. Looking at my huge XBLA collection, i need only DuckTales, Castle of Illusion and Runner 2 and then i'm done with purchasing arcade stuff on 360. Hopefully these went on sale before the end of the year.

Forza Horizon sale Announcement from Turn 10's Week in Review article:

Forza Horizon Going On Sale

If you are among the sad souls who have never played Forza Horizon we’ve got good news: the digital “Games on Demand” version of Forza Horizon will be on sale starting on Monday, Oct. 21, on Xbox Live. The game will be on sale for $15 between through November 5 so, if you haven’t had a chance to try Horizon yet, you’ve got a great opportunity to jump in and see what all the fun is about.

too bad the Rally Expansion DLC is $20 and i've never noticed it on sale....

Guess I'll finally get my hands on Skulls of the Shogun and Ghostbusters, the latter out of nostalgia mostly because they went through the effort of recalling almost all of the movies' dubbers to do voiceovers for their game's counterparts, a truly unique occurrence here in Italy.

I can recommend Bloodforge for its take on the genre and the interesting art style, even though I wish they went all out and made it more akin to Wii's MadWorld. I forked out my money after reading tyler's experience and didn't regret it: it also has a nice (and easily boostable  :bouncy: ) asynchronous multiplayer mode and a stunning dress set for your avatar.

In reverse, I cannot advise against Sanctum of Slime enough, even if you buy it purely for completionism reasons: I got it during one of the infamous Taiwanese marketplace glitches, played a bit and deleted immediately after. I could overlook the unrelated plot, the amateurish cutscenes and sub-par graphics, I thought that the idea of different proton beams for ghosts was nice, but the AI stupidity, unresponsive controls and overall dullness killed the buzz for me... I spent more time with Zombie Apocalypse and Daggerdale than on this turd, and that's really saying something!

Now, if only they also gave us Rise of Nightmares as part of this pseudo-Halloween sale... I heard it's a moderately funny (and scary) Kinect game, so I'll gladly jump on the wagon  :D/

too bad the Rally Expansion DLC is $20 and i've never noticed it on sale....
They had the Season Pass @ 25% off, but $37.50 is still way too much for the lack of value the extra cars bring. I'm gladly waiting for a "50% off" sale to come along before I give them money for different pixels.

I don't know what to do with all the disc versions of games I've bought On Demand like the NFS.  With Xbone around the corner I need to get rid of them but there doesn't seem to be anything practical to do.  Maybe I'll give em to a friend's kids.

I don't know what to do with all the disc versions of games I've bought On Demand like the NFS. With Xbone around the corner I need to get rid of them but there doesn't seem to be anything practical to do. Maybe I'll give em to a friend's kids.
People at work snatch up all my used games when I price them at 1/2 - 2/3 of what GameStop will sell the used copy for. I figured that's identical to a "B2G1" sale, only my copies have original cases. :p

Walking Dead 400 days for $2.50. Finally going to spend some cash. :)

Edit: Am I crazy, or is the new Star Wars FX2 table free? It doesn't have (Trial) in the description, so I am assuming it's the real thing.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Star-Wars-Pinball-Balance-of-the-Force/89f76c95-42f7-45d9-9c72-64b41fc877e7?cid=SLink
Nah, it's a trial. Another file with the same name is priced $9.99. - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Pinball-FX2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a23?downloadType=GameAddon&noSplash=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back