XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure their 3 days sounded like a pipe dream...I don't care that much about getting Bastion, but it's just sad that I'm really not that surprised anymore at people's accounts getting hacked.

I'd rather keep the extra month too and tack it onto my account too...hopefully my account will be back by the time Simpsons Arcade comes out!

[quote name='lupe guillotine']My investigation took about 8 days. If you want to buy stuff that is on sale, they are going to give you a 1 month gold and then they will tell you to just buy it on ANOTHER account so that it can be accesed on the same console you have.

I didn't do that and just saved it and added another month to my account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Felder71'] As someone that has had an XBL Gold account since the 360 came out and never once let it lapse, I see this is a permanent free download if I was a PS3 owner.[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! This guy gets it. It's not a rental if you are a permanent PS+ member. I've been a member since day 1 and will be until the program ends. There is no reason to let it lapse when nearly every month there is some kind of cool benefit. Some are just way better than others.

[quote name='mnuttster']So I sign onto Xbox.com today to purchase the new DOTW Bastion for 600 pts and I find out that my account had been hacked yesterday to buy 2,600 points worth of FIFA DLC...sweet!

Supposedly they said it's only going to take three days to get my points back since I didn't have a CC on file and they couldn't charge anything on there, but I'm gonna be mad if I can't get this deal because MS refuses to believe that they have a security breach with it's website...[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me many months ago. Lost 1800 points to someone who hacked my account and also purchased FIFA items. Unfortunately, I went back and forth with Xbox support for months over the phone and emails and they never refunded my points. I eventually gave up because it took so long and I was constantly being told to email them, then call, then email... whichever department I was talking to couldn't help me. It was pathetic customer service and incredibly infuriating. I hope it goes better for you.

[quote name='Felder71']It's not exactly a rental. If you download it during the promo period, it's yours for as long as you keep your PS+ subscription active. If you let the subscription lapse, it will become inactive. And even if you resubscribe, then it will still not reactivate.

Take this how you want. As someone that has had an XBL Gold account since the 360 came out and never once let it lapse, I see this is a permanent free download if I was a PS3 owner.

And if you are curious, if you pay for something (DLC/game/etc) with a discount you get from PS+, it is yours no matter what. So if you get it free, you keep it as long as you are PS+. If you pay for content with a discount, it's yours even if you lapse subscription.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah, that's pretty much an open-ended rental. But renting, leasing, it's really just semantics. It is definitely not, however, ownership.

-B

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So a rental from PS+ or own it from Live

Seriously, people are excited about rentals lol

Owning > renting[/QUOTE]

getting "rentals" for free > paying for owned games that probably won't be played any more than the "rentals"

hope this helps

[quote name='Felder71']It's not exactly a rental. If you download it during the promo period, it's yours for as long as you keep your PS+ subscription active. If you let the subscription lapse, it will become inactive. And even if you resubscribe, then it will still not reactivate.

.[/QUOTE]

actually it does reactivate, i used the free ps plus subscribtion last year after psn went offline and got free games for a month

i renewed the subscription in november and got back all my free games

[quote name='mnuttster']So I sign onto Xbox.com today to purchase the new DOTW Bastion for 600 pts and I find out that my account had been hacked yesterday to buy 2,600 points worth of FIFA DLC...sweet!

Supposedly they said it's only going to take three days to get my points back since I didn't have a CC on file and they couldn't charge anything on there, but I'm gonna be mad if I can't get this deal because MS refuses to believe that they have a security breach with it's website...[/QUOTE]

This happened to me a couple weeks back, missed the GoW3 season pass discount. Go my account fixed after losing 6800 msp. They did a quick job fortunately. It was the FIFA, they didn't deny or confirm...lol

[quote name='Barry Burton']actually it does reactivate, i used the free ps plus subscribtion last year after psn went offline and got free games for a month

i renewed the subscription in november and got back all my free games[/QUOTE]

Barry is correct, it does re-activate any games you previously "purchased" for free during a previous PS+ membership.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']This happened to me a couple weeks back, missed the GoW3 season pass discount. Go my account fixed after losing 6800 msp. They did a quick job fortunately. It was the FIFA, they didn't deny or confirm...lol[/QUOTE]

Yea the lady looked at my account and was like "yup, about 2,600 was spent on FIFA downloads so you'll be getting those back"...it's like a no brainer now I guess with all of the calls I'm sure they are getting

Ok guys, XBLA thread. No need for PSN bashing or XBL White Knights. I know there isn't much to discuss right now, but let's not get too OT.

Updated the OP (basically deleted the old sale) and fixed the Shank 2 date. Any hard evidence for The Simpson's next week?

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok guys, XBLA thread. No need for PSN bashing or XBL White Knights. I know there isn't much to discuss right now, but let's not get too OT.

Updated the OP (basically deleted the old sale) and fixed the Shank 2 date. Any hard evidence for The Simpson's next week?[/QUOTE]

X2 i came in here today to see if there were secre sales that dropped today. And i had to go thru almost 2 pages of licence transfer talk.

Google is your friend people!:)

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok guys, XBLA thread. No need for PSN bashing or XBL White Knights. I know there isn't much to discuss right now, but let's not get too OT.

Updated the OP (basically deleted the old sale) and fixed the Shank 2 date. Any hard evidence for The Simpson's next week?[/QUOTE]

No hard evidence yet, at least none that I've seen around the net. You may want to post a speculative date though, my guess is that it is releasing next week.

[quote name='Bradisback']X2 i came in here today to see if there were secre sales that dropped today. And i had to go thru almost 2 pages of licence transfer talk.

Google is your friend people!:)[/QUOTE]

xbldb.com is your friend.

I know people are tired of repeats, but I am sooo glad Bastion is for sale this week. I missed it last time and really want this game. Here's hoping you guys get what you are looking for in the coming weeks. I know what I want (Crimson Alliance, NBA Jam, Limbo, some others)

[quote name='reddjoey']Updated the OP (basically deleted the old sale) and fixed the Shank 2 date. Any hard evidence for The Simpson's next week?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no announcements. Of course with Microsoft's rule that games need to come out at the same time or earlier on their service and no other listed games next week I can't imagine it won't be dropping.

[quote name='simmias']http://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade?sk=wall&filter=2

You're welcome. ;)

Looks like it's almost ready to release for the smartphones (blah). Console release should be right around the corner from that. Four tables come with the release: Theatre of Magic, Black Hole, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Ripley's Believe it or Not. Medieval Madness will be the first DLC. They're planning 2 DLC releases a month, with them priced at special "Table of the Month" pricing. On phones and ipads they'll be $.99 each, on consoles more because the consoles won't let them price it that cheap apparently. But maybe $1.99 each? After the month ends it goes up to $2.99 or even $3.99 for expensive-to-license tables. And it looks like were getting The Addams Family!!!

Needless to say, it's a day one purchase for me, and I'm glad I've got a stockpile of points.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's good :bouncy: news. Thought they were stalling on that front. Insta buy for me on all the platforms, even my phone. I want 2 support this stuff.

:pray: Crosses fingers for Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Who Dunnit & Creature FTBL tables.

[quote name='Bradisback']Hell yeah xbox rewards stay gold get 5% of all purchases and survey is double points this month![/QUOTE]

Nice. Survey put me right at 100. Now let's hope there's something to buy in February. I spent all of 600msp in January.

Well if you combine the 5% Feb bonus with the 4 house party games you can get a total of 940 points back for spending 4000 on those 4 games. Just be sure to buy Nexuiz on Feb 29th to get the 40 points. Pretty much it is a 25% savings on release...not bad if you want to play them now instead of waiting for the 50% drop in the next year.

It's sad when xbox owners look forward to the 'rewards' part of xbl more than the sales..or lack of. M$ needs to just fire the person(s) in charge of coming up with DoTW. I haven't purchased anything for at least over 3 months. PSN+ has been better for me and buying a month for about $3 is not a bad deal overall. Oh well, at least we get 5% back for purchases.

[quote name='intoxicated662']It's sad when xbox owners look forward to the 'rewards' part of xbl more than the sales..or lack of. M$ needs to just fire the person(s) in charge of coming up with DoTW. I haven't purchased anything for at least over 3 months. PSN+ has been better for me and buying a month for about $3 is not a bad deal overall. Oh well, at least we get 5% back for purchases.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they complement very well tho. I have Bastion otherwise I would have gotten it.

Would probably be tempted by Toy Solders too if it went on sale.

[quote name='intoxicated662']It's sad when xbox owners look forward to the 'rewards' part of xbl more than the sales..or lack of. M$ needs to just fire the person(s) in charge of coming up with DoTW. I haven't purchased anything for at least over 3 months. PSN+ has been better for me and buying a month for about $3 is not a bad deal overall. Oh well, at least we get 5% back for purchases.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you like Sony's piss poor rental service better then owning games, that still makes you in the minority

As far as sales you have awful taste if you didn't like any of the content since October

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm glad you like Sony's piss poor rental service better then owning games, that still makes you in the minority[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest, dude. RedJoey already asked nicely.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm glad you like Sony's piss poor rental service better then owning games, that still makes you in the minority[/QUOTE]

If you are going to troll, at least try to get your information right. He was talking about deals on PS+, which means he bought the games and they are his to keep whether he stays a PS+ member or not.

I'm glad to see there is a points back reward this month, I'll have to think about buying a couple of the House Party games now instead of waiting for a deal like I usually do for all XBLA games. Will probably buy the latest Marvel pinball tables as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Give it a rest, dude. RedJoey already asked nicely.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't the one that brought it up, you have an issue take it up with the ones who did

Decisions, decisions.

Almost positive I'll bite on all of the House Party games because of the bonuses... but not sure what else.

Yeah, 5% back is good and all, but I have been really disciplined lately when it comes to not buying regularly priced content.

**hoping for some good DotW's this month**

[quote name='reddjoey']Added Rhythm Heaven Party to the XBLA list since it is out today.[/QUOTE]

DAMNIT JOEY!!!

....you had me very, very excited there for a moment!

[quote name='reddjoey']Added Rhythm Heaven to the XBLA list since it is out today.[/QUOTE]

Part of my soul just died :(, would be such an epic game to have on Xbox Live. The one coming out this month is actually gonna make me dust off my Wii (Havent played it in almost 6 months)

Anyone try Rhythm Party? Konami's Dance Masters wasn't so hot, but this one looks like it simplifies the concept, which is a good thing IMHO. I've queued up the demo, but probably won't get to try it for a few days.

Yay for the survey being worth 40 MSP this month. 5%'s decent, though I can't think of any games I'll be getting this month aside from the Simpsons Arcade (assuming it's coming out next week the day after PSN gets it)

Bastion is a kick ass game. Make sure you get the add-on for 80msp.

Also, can't wait for this to drop as I enjoyed the hell out of Alan Wake.
-February 22nd: Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 1200 Microsoft Points

Just watched the Quick Look of Dustforce for the PC. That game seems pretty damn cool, and I really like the music too. Hopefully it will eventually see an XBLA release.

The fine print for the 5% back says "Marketplace purchases include Avatar items, game add-ons, movie purchases or rentals and Xbox LIVE Arcade games."

Anyone know if that includes Xbox Indies, too?

[quote name='Gabrius']Decisions, decisions.

DAMNIT JOEY!!!

....you had me very, very excited there for a moment![/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Part of my soul just died :(, would be such an epic game to have on Xbox Live. The one coming out this month is actually gonna make me dust off my Wii (Havent played it in almost 6 months)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, unintentional. I take solace in the fact I've seen/heard the same mistake made by others.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Ding! Ding! This guy gets it. It's not a rental if you are a permanent PS+ member. I've been a member since day 1 and will be until the program ends. There is no reason to let it lapse when nearly every month there is some kind of cool benefit. Some are just way better than others.[/QUOTE]

LOL. you guys are really stretching the definition of ownership. by your logic, I own thousands of titles through Netflix...

[quote name='dirtyvu']LOL. you guys are really stretching the definition of ownership. by your logic, I own thousands of titles through Netflix...[/QUOTE]
Can xbox take away the games from your library?

Is the 80 pt price for the Bastion DLC a sale price, or the normal price? I haven't even started the game, and wondering if I need to buy the DLC now or if I can wait.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the 80 pt price for the Bastion DLC a sale price, or the normal price? I haven't even started the game, and wondering if I need to buy the DLC now or if I can wait.[/QUOTE]
It's the permanent price. Apparently the devs wanted to make it a free gift to fans but MS forced them to charge something, even though it doesn't add gamerscore. The DLC isn't hugely substantial or anything, just a small bonus, so I wouldn't even worry about it until you complete the base game and then see how much you want some more.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the 80 pt price for the Bastion DLC a sale price, or the normal price? I haven't even started the game, and wondering if I need to buy the DLC now or if I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Normal price.

[quote name='vamn']The fine print for the 5% back says "Marketplace purchases include Avatar items, game add-ons, movie purchases or rentals and Xbox LIVE Arcade games."

Anyone know if that includes Xbox Indies, too?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that would include Call of Duty Elite then, wouldn't it?

Anyone know if I can just buy Elite at the end of the year, then get all the previously released MW3 stuff, as well as the Black Ops 2 stuff? Of will it only include the MW3 content? Its a 1-year membership, is it not?

[quote name='crunchewy']Portal 2 had free DLC. ??? Maybe their policy is different for XBLA titles, though.[/QUOTE]

Whatever the policy actually states, Microsoft definitely makes exceptions on a case-by-case basis. BioShock, Rock Band 3, and some other titles have had free updates that added gamerscore above their original 1000, and many games have had free DLC that didn't add gamerscore. Gears of War 3 is about to become the first non-compilation to break the 1750 gamerscore barrier too.

[quote name='GUNNM']Can xbox take away the games from your library?[/QUOTE]

i think the only thing they can do is close access to downloading it again or remove online access/features. otherwise I don't know how xbox could force you to delete something from your library or why they'd even want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back