XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Leftylikesgames']I hope so too. Anyone know if it's likely?[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not, its been on sale enough. However, possibly next week since its almost for sure going to be repeat dlc for next weeks dotw.

[quote name='infamy']ME2 DLC has been on sale too many times.[/QUOTE]

What would be the problem with it being on sale too many times? Just the fact that its supplanting something else going on sale?

I could essentially build myself a GOTY version of ME2 by purchasing a copy for $20 and the campaign DLC for 2480 points ($31 MSRP), but $51 is a hard pill to swallow for a game that I already own on PC with a couple of the DLC.

Trenched finally going on sale would be great, though. I would also accept Torchlight or Toy Soldiers.

[quote name='hellhunde']What would be the problem with it being on sale too many times? Just the fact that its supplanting something else going on sale?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. We basically only get one sale a week, so when it's taken up by repeated content, or DLC for one specific game, or repeated content OF DLC for one specific game, it tends to aggrivate some of us who religiously follow these sales.

I am one of the worst offenders, I would much rather see a deal on a new piece of content that I have NO interest in than to see a repeat sale of something I either already own or didn't want the first time.

[quote name='hellhunde']What would be the problem with it being on sale too many times? Just the fact that its supplanting something else going on sale?

I could essentially build myself a GOTY version of ME2 by purchasing a copy for $20 and the campaign DLC for 2480 points ($31 MSRP), but $51 is a hard pill to swallow for a game that I already own on PC with a couple of the DLC.

Trenched finally going on sale would be great, though. I would also accept Torchlight or Toy Soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. It's been on sale at least three times and although great for people who missed it, most people would like something else. At least something that has NEVER been on sale.

[quote name='infamy']Pretty much. It's been on sale at least three times and although great for people who missed it, most people would like something else. At least something that has NEVER been on sale.[/QUOTE]ME3 comes out next week, so a tie-in with a sale on ME2 DLC isn't out of the question.

I'd figure they'd want to cast a wider net to sell more stuff, it ain't like there's a shortage of things that could go on sale. Guess I don't know anything about marketing.

[quote name='shrike4242']ME3 comes out next week, so a tie-in with a sale on ME2 DLC isn't out of the question.[/QUOTE]

Who said it was?

[quote name='infamy']Pretty much. It's been on sale at least three times and although great for people who missed it, most people would like something else. At least something that has NEVER been on sale.[/QUOTE]

With how much advertising money is being pumped out for ME3 (including on the dashboard), I'd be kind of surprised if there was anything interesting on sale next week. They want ME3 to have all the spotlight to itself. My guess is that the first Mass Effect game will be half off for GoD, along with some cheesy tagline about "Play the game that started the epic trilogy".

[quote name='hellhunde']With how much advertising money is being pumped out for ME3 (including on the dashboard), I'd be kind of surprised if there was anything interesting on sale next week. They want ME3 to have all the spotlight to itself. My guess is that the first Mass Effect game will be half off for GoD, along with some cheesy tagline about "Play the game that started the epic trilogy".[/QUOTE]

half off? HAHAHAHA. no way they'd make Mass Effect 1 $10 on there.

25 percent off at most, more than likely not even that.

I would love a Mass Effect 2 sale, I just started playing the games and I've only beat the first. I'll be playing Mass Effect 2 over the weekend and picking up my pre-order of Mass Effect 3. I'm praying for a sale. It sucks because I have both a 360 and a Ps3 but I bought the 360 version because I wanted to import my save. I don't want to pay $20+ for the four big pieces of DLC while PS3 gets three of them for free so a sale of any kind would be appreciated.

We always talk or hope of some kinda sale of the past installment of a game that's getting a sequel that week, but in all reality has there ever really been a sale to come to fruition with the release of a new sequel? Whether it be for DLC, an XBLA game to coincide with the game or GoD. Closest I can think of was Shank 1 getting marked down because of Shank 2's release, but still not really a sale.

[quote name='bardockkun']We always talk or hope of some kinda sale of the past installment of a game that's getting a sequel that week, but in all reality has there ever really been a sale to come to fruition with the release of a new sequel? Whether it be for DLC, an XBLA game to coincide with the game or GoD. Closest I can think of was Shank 1 getting marked down because of Shank 2's release, but still not really a sale.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I have been trying to convey in a more eloquent manner. We've had many good ideas for sales, but it doesn't ever seem like anyone in marketing on the Live team nor publishers seem to have the same line of thought. I would love if someone of knowledge in marketing for MS or a publisher working with the Live team explain or show me the numbers why it is better to not have sales on previous iterations prior to a major release.

I remember when I got my 360, the Deal of the Week was of a singular item. One week it was XBLA Bomberman, then a single DLC for Ninja Gaiden 2 another week, to R-Type Dimensions, etc. Eventually, the sales evolved to include more than 1 item, to multiple (sometimes fitting a theme, like zombies or a publisher). Lately, my mood steered me to a perspective to feel DotW has fallen to an afterthought for the strategy of Gold membership. The recent survey for this month's rewards program seems to indicate they have forgotten about DotW to focus more on apps (Facebook, Twitter, streaming services, etc.). I can only hope the DotW evolves once again to be more inclusive for all Gold members (new members, old supporters, multiplayer, solo, etc.) across a range of tastes (DLC, XBLA, XBLIG, avatar, GoD ... for both popular and non-popular titles).

There are only a few reasons I can come up with not to have sales improve. Perhaps it involves difficulty negotiating between publishers with the Live team. Maybe the discounts adversely affect sales of partners' offerings. Maybe sales are so great without discounts, good discounts are actually hurtful to revenue; hard for me to believe, but I don't have the numbers to tell. Or just simply the Live team enjoys torturing me, getting me to hope for awesome deals, and the subsequent sadness, someone there must be getting off to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Shank. Was surprised at just how good it was. Well worth the 600 points. Beat it in just over 3 hours which I thought was pretty decent but I'm at the bottom of my friends leaderboard! Ah well, at least I can feel good about 1 shotting the final boss. Now I just got to run through it again on co-op sometime.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just finished Shank. Was surprised at just how good it was. Well worth the 600 points. Beat it in just over 3 hours which I thought was pretty decent but I'm at the bottom of my friends leaderboard! Ah well, at least I can feel good about 1 shotting the final boss. Now I just got to run through it again on co-op sometime.[/QUOTE]

Was gonna say message me on Xbox Live and we could do it, because I haven't gone through co-op either. But if I remember correctly, it's local only.

Shank co-op is local only, sadly. It's got a unique story and unique bosses. You get to see where that weirdo gimp boss came from and some other cool references to the main story.

Shank 2 has online co-op, but there it's just a survival mode. A good survival mode though.

After a few more hours of play, i think i can say that Nexuiz is a pretty shitty game. I'm glad it's not really costing me anything. Because i don't think i'll be touching this one again.

Wow how lucky is that, my friends have been bothering me to get RAAM's Shadow and it goes on sale this week? Sweet!

Quick question, it says Pack 2 on the page, is that something different or is this just the normal DLC? Thanks!

Haha. Beating Shank 1 on hard mode has to be one of my finest gaming moments in recent years. I'm currently in the middle of a hard run on Shank 2, but it's not nearly as challenging with the checkpoints. Both games are pretty great, but I think I enjoyed the first one more. The story was more memorable and the coop campaign was a lot more enjoyable than survival. I also miss being able to switch weapons on the fly.

I loved Shank. Hard mode was a beast. The level with the missles was just brutal. Definitely one of my proudest 200 /200.

Chalk me up as disappointed that 2 does not include a coop campaign. I'm not much of a "horde" mode fan so this seems like a step back to me. Will reserve judgement until i play it however (which will be the first time it goes on sale).

Seriously guys, this is getting tiresome. Why would a dev/publisher/microsoft put a sale on content relating to a predecessor of a new release? All it will do is affect the potential revenue achieveable of said new release on launch day/week.

If you haven't played ME2 and yet find ME3 interesting via the extensive marketing it has recieved and can procure previous incarnation for a fraction of the cost including dlc, complete, then move on to 3 a few weeks later at around 50% initial outlay (as dlc is inevitable, so the cost will increase at a later date), which would you choose?

Stop getting worked up for the undeniably obvious letdown which will be next weeks (and most thereafter) dotw.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Seriously guys, this is getting tiresome. Why would a dev/publisher/microsoft put a sale on content relating to a predecessor of a new release? All it will do is affect the potential revenue achieveable of said new release on launch day/week.

If you haven't played ME2 and yet find ME3 interesting via the extensive marketing it has recieved and can procure previous incarnation for a fraction of the cost including dlc, complete, then move on to 3 a few weeks later at around 50% initial outlay (as dlc is inevitable, so the cost will increase at a later date), which would you choose?

Stop getting worked up for the undeniably obvious letdown which will be next weeks (and most thereafter) dotw.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to buy ME3 later on, once the price goes down, regardless of whether the ME2 DLC goes on sale. A sale wouldn't hasten or delay said purchase, but the DLC going on sale would cause me to purchase a copy of ME2 on 360, as well as enough points for the DLC. So they could either get $20-30 from me later, or $40 now and $20-30 later.

[quote name='hellhunde']I'm going to buy ME3 later on, once the price goes down, regardless of whether the ME2 DLC goes on sale. A sale wouldn't hasten or delay said purchase, but the DLC going on sale would cause me to purchase a copy of ME2 on 360, as well as enough points for the DLC. So they could either get $20-30 from me later, or $40 now and $20-30 later.[/QUOTE]

But that means you would do so at any time the ME2 dlc goes on sale, doesn't really make sense to do it when the new game is coming out.

[quote name='RollingSkull']200/200? Seriously? with that bullshit Hard mode?

Shank 2 I could believe, but Shank 1's Hard mode? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't remember it being too hard, but I do remember it being frustrating. That's probably because I know I've completed harder games on XBLA. :p

IIRC there was a co-op achievement as well, and since it's only local co-op I made my girlfriend play through it with me and she hated it.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']But that means you would do so at any time the ME2 dlc goes on sale, doesn't really make sense to do it when the new game is coming out.[/QUOTE]

To keep people's interest in all things Mass Effect, whether or not someone is going to buy it on release. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to buy ME3, but aren't/can't do it anytime soon. Playing through the DLC of the previous version is a good way to stay in the same universe for a lower cost.

But, like I said before, I don't really expect it to actually be the ME2 DLC next week. I figure it'll be either ME1 for GoD, or just absolute fluff, like Avatar strap-ons.

[quote name='infamy']Haha, I don't remember it being too hard, but I do remember it being frustrating. That's probably because I know I've completed harder games on XBLA. :p

IIRC there was a co-op achievement as well, and since it's only local co-op I made my girlfriend play through it with me and she hated it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that Shank had local co-op. I completely would've bought it, had I known. I'm always looking for good local co-op games to play after college football in the fall.

[quote name='hellhunde']To keep people's interest in all things Mass Effect, whether or not someone is going to buy it on release. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to buy ME3, but aren't/can't do it anytime soon. Playing through the DLC of the previous version is a good way to stay in the same universe for a lower cost.

But, like I said before, I don't really expect it to actually be the ME2 DLC next week. I figure it'll be either ME1 for GoD, or just absolute fluff, like Avatar strap-ons.[/QUOTE]

Why would a sale on the dlc keep peoples interest? the fact that the 3rd installment is being released will keep the interest. If anything they will put the dlc on sale in a few months to keep interest, yet the dlc for ME3 will be out by then so the effort to keep the interest would be redundant.

Absolutely no way, more chance of borderlands/red dead.

Shank 1 is on PC and you can quite well play the co-op campaign by yourself if you Joy2Key the keyboard to the joystick and control both characters at once.

Shank 2's plot is awful. Shank 1 was charming and entertaining in that regard. Shank 2 just is utterly mindless. That is a step back, but I still really enjoyed Shank 2. The combat refinements are great and it was nice that every boss was built without the QTE style weak points. And, don't knock the survival mode until you've tried it. I don't normally like horde modes (Gears just bores me but that may be because the shooting it has on display has yet to really click with me 3 games in.) but with Shank 2 it just works well. Plus, for just simple action it is a lot easier to replay than Shank 1's co-op campaign.

Shank 1's co-op unique bosses were cool as hell though. I will miss those. The SWAT Boss's exploding tazer knocking you two across the room and your partner having to do a follow up QTE was just cool.

Regarding Shank 1's Hard Mode, I believe it's definitely doable, but I just don't see the point. With so many instant kills in the game, no checkpoints just increases frustration, not difficulty. Shank 2 reduces the checkpoints but does not eliminate them. Dying hurts but it isn't as brutal. It isn't until the last two levels that you feel the burn anyway.

Only thing I don't like about Shank 2 is not having the ability to warp straight to the bosses. Cool-ass boss fights but no way to instantly replay them.

I have 200/200 on first Shank as well. It wasn't too bad, except that level with rockets.
Today finished Shank 2 on Hard and while i loved it much more than first, it feels really short - took me less than 2hrs, which is unnaceptable for $10 XBLA game. Not to mention they took off the co-op campaign, which was good addition to shank 1. :roll:

[quote name='hellhunde']What would be the problem with it being on sale too many times? Just the fact that its supplanting something else going on sale?

Trenched finally going on sale would be great, though. I would also accept Torchlight or Toy Soldiers.[/QUOTE]

you can get the goty version for $5 at best buy. i would love to see a sale on the shadow broker, it's been on sale in the past, but i didnt have xbox live gold at the time. they probably should have had that sale last week or the week before to avoid any sales cannibalism

[quote name='dracula']you can get the goty version for $5 at best buy. i would love to see a sale on the shadow broker, it's been on sale in the past, but i didnt have xbox live gold at the time. they probably should have had that sale last week or the week before to avoid any sales cannibalism[/QUOTE]

But the GOTY version is PS3 only.

When do the sales for the next week usually get posted? I know the weekly sales usually seem to begin on Tuesdays, but the information tends to get leaked ahead of time.

[quote name='KryllFood']The season pass DOES still exist but at the original MSRP. I, personally, do not recommend the season pass only because the other DLC were pretty lame, imo. The only one I've found valuable so far has been Raam's Shadow. For 800MS, you might as well jump on it and enjoy the 5% off in addition to it at the end of the month.

I'm willing to bet a Gears of War 3 complete edition will be out before the next full discount on the season pass....[/QUOTE]

Thanks got it and it was def worth it. Barrick was a pretty cool character, like a more apathetic angrier Dizzy :applause:

I hope they put up some Mass Effect DLC on discount next since part 3 is coming out Tuesday.

how anyone considers Raam's Shadow worth more than the other DLCs, I'll never know... lol. I thought it was terrible and I love Gears of War. the season pass isn't worth it at all. theres so much content with the base game and the one free DLC that it's pointless to get the rest. Maybe this next DLC come out for some of the better maps from Gears 1 and 2, but otherwise the others aren't really worth it.

How are they are pointless? You can't even play on dedicated servers unless you have the Fenix Map pack. Well, that is still pointless since apparantly the dedicated servers don't work anymore.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']How are they are pointless? You can't even play on dedicated servers unless you have the Fenix Map pack. Well, that is still pointless since apparantly the dedicated servers don't work anymore.[/QUOTE]

oh, I wasn't aware you needed them to play MP, if thats the case then I guess theres no choice if u want to play MP

the only reason I said they're pointless is just because the newer maps thus far haven't been any better than the original ones that were on disc, and was saying the game would be completely enjoyable without wasting $30+ on map packs. but if you cant get into matches without em then that sucks lol

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']oh, I wasn't aware you needed them to play MP, if thats the case then I guess theres no choice if u want to play MP

the only reason I said they're pointless is just because the newer maps thus far haven't been any better than the original ones that were on disc, and was saying the game would be completely enjoyable without wasting $30+ on map packs. but if you cant get into matches without em then that sucks lol[/QUOTE]

You can still play MP, just not on dedicated servers, works fine for me, the map packs can suck it !

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']oh, I wasn't aware you needed them to play MP, if thats the case then I guess theres no choice if u want to play MP

the only reason I said they're pointless is just because the newer maps thus far haven't been any better than the original ones that were on disc, and was saying the game would be completely enjoyable without wasting $30+ on map packs. but if you cant get into matches without em then that sucks lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was being sarcastic, I have nothing but endless frustration with Gears 3 online and it's lag/connection issues.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Sorry, I was being sarcastic, I have nothing but endless frustration with Gears 3 online and it's lag/connection issues.[/QUOTE]

oh didnt catch the sarcasm lmfao oh well.

and yeah the lag is a pain, but on the bright side gears 3 online is infinitely better than gears 2..

Yeah I decided not to even bother with Gears 3 after the horrible experience with Gears 2 and the poorly run Gears 3 beta. Some companies just don't understand how to do online.

On a positive note:

19065.jpg

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah I decided not to even bother with Gears 3 after the horrible experience with Gears 2 and the poorly run Gears 3 beta. Some companies just don't understand how to do online.

On a positive note:

19065.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh dear god, yes!

[quote name='Crono-00']Exactly what I have been trying to convey in a more eloquent manner. We've had many good ideas for sales, but it doesn't ever seem like anyone in marketing on the Live team nor publishers seem to have the same line of thought. I would love if someone of knowledge in marketing for MS or a publisher working with the Live team explain or show me the numbers why it is better to not have sales on previous iterations prior to a major release.[/QUOTE]
FYI, I can't say what's the criteria, but you CAN educate yourself on who makes these decisions by searching for "xbox portfolio manager" on LinkedIn, then filtering your results to "company=Microsoft" and "location=Greater Seattle Area".

Yay finally...writing rights =P
I only registered to join the conversations in this topic...I'm watching it daily to get opinions about various games and the deals on it =P

So my first question is...did anyone get any points back yet from the 5% Rewards last month? I'm asking because the pending points for the survey this month are there already...but not a single point from February Awards...(although I think they did wait until the end of the month to gather all the information about bought marketplace stuff)

Will get back 310 Poinst by spending 6200 MSP last month, did a buy a lot of the stuff that probably never would go on sale =) + Tomb Raider DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back