XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']That's at least the 5th time I've heard someone say "my kids will want Minecraft XBLA". I had no idea kids enjoyed Minecraft so much.[/QUOTE]

Neither did I until that Minecraft convention happened. It was packed with kids from the video and pictures that I saw. That's when I realized how big this thing actually was. When you can get all ages to fall in love with something it's going to be an insane success. I'm also sure that there are households where the split screen of the XBLA version is going to be a huge new feature.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I had no idea kids enjoyed Minecraft so much.[/QUOTE]

Who do you think plays with LEGOs?

Sonic 4 Episode II is already looking way better than the first game though, Crunchewy, and has lots of positive buzz.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's at least the 5th time I've heard someone say "my kids will want Minecraft XBLA". I had no idea kids enjoyed Minecraft so much.[/QUOTE]

To balance things out a bit I'm going to say: my kids won't want Minecraft XBLA. But that's probably because they are 6 & 1 years old.:)

I knew bloodforge seemed familiar. Its a video on major's minute on inside xbox. I thought it was going to be a retail game. Game just doesnt appeal to me. Protangist has a freakin cow skull as a head.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I knew bloodforge seemed familiar. Its a video on major's minute on inside xbox. I thought it was going to be a retail game. Game just doesnt appeal to me. Protangist has a freakin cow skull as a head.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Forsworn armor to me. Combat and gameplay looks good, but its hard to tell if its more of an Adventure game, or just straight up battle royale. Id like to see that its sort-of open world, and have some more varied environments

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I knew bloodforge seemed familiar. Its a video on major's minute on inside xbox. I thought it was going to be a retail game. Game just doesnt appeal to me. Protangist has a freakin cow skull as a head.[/QUOTE]

Isn't he wearing an animal helmet because the game takes place in ancient Celtic times? It's a different setting than most games, so I'm all for it. Also,t he protagonist is named Crom, after the god in Robert H. Howard's Conan lore.

The other thing Minecraft has going for it for kids, or at least my kids, is a series of tutorial videos on youtube by some guy that they find incredibly funny. They love to watch his videos as much as play the game. I come home from work and usually they are laughing their heads off at those tutorials and his other Minecraft youtube videos. I'm not sure if the guy is on the Mojang team, but if not Mojang owes him (and his kids) some gratitude at least. :)

[quote name='SeanTM22']Looks like Forsworn armor to me. Combat and gameplay looks good, but its hard to tell if its more of an Adventure game, or just straight up battle royale. Id like to see that its sort-of open world, and have some more varied environments[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I am not the only one with that question. If it is an adventure game, I'm probably in. If it is a battle royal game, I'm out. I can't find a defentive answer for what it is. I see "Hack n Slash" and "Action" game but not enough info.

EDIT: All this talk about expensive arcade games makes me want to buy Penny Arcade 1 and 2. I know they had a permanent price drop but they have never been on sale, have they?

[quote name='crunchewy']The other thing Minecraft has going for it for kids, or at least my kids, is a series of tutorial videos on youtube by some guy that they find incredibly funny. They love to watch his videos as much as play the game. I come home from work and usually they are laughing their heads off at those tutorials and his other Minecraft youtube videos. I'm not sure if the guy is on the Mojang team, but if not Mojang owes him (and his kids) some gratitude at least. :)[/QUOTE]

Note to developers: post videos that contain fart jokes on YouTube to promote your game to the younger demographic. :;)

[quote name='ooga']It's nice to see that Sega is digging up some old games for XBLA. I would kill for a port of Shining Force 3 on XBLA or disc.[/QUOTE]

oh god yes

Go Sega Go! Love those Retro collections, keep them coming.

And yes, you can forget that Minecraft for $20 foolishness. Forget that noise.

[quote name='Narsis84']I'm glad I am not the only one with that question. If it is an adventure game, I'm probably in. If it is a battle royal game, I'm out. I can't find a defentive answer for what it is. I see "Hack n Slash" and "Action" game but not enough info.

EDIT: All this talk about expensive arcade games makes me want to buy Penny Arcade 1 and 2. I know they had a permanent price drop but they have never been on sale, have they?[/QUOTE]
They have, but I think it's been a long time since the last time they were on sale. If you have a good enough PC or a PS3, their bundles are on sale a bit more often for around $5 or less. The normal cost of the first two episodes would be $12 on Steam, $15 on PSN, and $20 on XBLA.

[quote name='garrett007']Minerva's den and protector trials worth it? As of right now I don't have the game but if these add ons are worth I'll buy or rent it again[/QUOTE]

General consensus seems to be that Minerva's Den is excellent. Protector Trials is basically Bioshock Horde Mode.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They have, but I think it's been a long time since the last time they were on sale. If you have a good enough PC or a PS3, their bundles are on sale a bit more often for around $5 or less. The normal cost of the first two episodes would be $12 on Steam, $15 on PSN, and $20 on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

For some reason PSN got some really deals on PA1&2. Too bad Xbox didn't see the same discounts.

For future refference all bioshock 2 dlc is worth the price, expect rapture metro unless you have other friends with said dlc. Bioshock 2 is such a great game imo, it kinda puzzles me why it flopped and became super cheap not long after its release.

So I haven't bought Stacking yet, I'm waiting on a 400 price point due to my large backlog. Thinking of picking up the Lost Hobo King for 200 for the future. Is the content plentiful in this DLC?

[quote name='harry hood']So I haven't bought Stacking yet, I'm waiting on a 400 price point due to my large backlog. Thinking of picking up the Lost Hobo King for 200 for the future. Is the content plentiful in this DLC?[/QUOTE]

Another good two hours are added, and you have different themes in the world of the DLC content...for the dlc itself another level to finish in the same style like the main game...I recommend pickung up the DLC yet if you don't want to buy the main game yet (but for 600 it's still a steal)

(although I do the same due my huge backlog I only buy 400 Point Arcadegames now and only if I am REALLY interested OR a game that might not go on sale that fast again...)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For future refference all bioshock 2 dlc is worth the price, expect rapture metro unless you have other friends with said dlc. Bioshock 2 is such a great game imo, it kinda puzzles me why it flopped and became super cheap not long after its release.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about the price drop but from a sales point it was not a complete bust. The original Bioshock sold about 3.8 million copies across all platforms while Bioshock 2 sold 3.33 million copies. I think the on disc DLC really pissed some people off and I am sure some people felt they already knew the story of Rapture.

Tried Stacking, couldn't get into it at all. Not my type of game. Loved Costume Quest though, so picked up that DLC.

Anybody have anything positive to say about the Voltron game? Loved the show growing up, maybe some anime cutscenes or Voltron transformation vids within it?

Also, Daytona USA next week is so mine. We need to start a CAG league or something.

Considering getting the protector trials for Bioshock 2, but not sure if I will find it worthwhile. Mainly it would allow me to get more achievements, but since I will never max out the achievements for that game (no desire to grind all the MP ones) it may not be worth the while.

May get some of the Forza 4 DLC though. Always good to pick that stuff up on sale, although 400MSP for some of the recent packs still seems steep. Especially since all I really want is the upcoming Porsche DLC. I think I got most of the Forza 3 DLC at 200MSP per pack when it went on sale.

Does anyone know, when the Forza 4 DLC goes on sale, will the price for individual cars also go down?

Got The Lost Hobo King.
I haven't played Stacking in awhile, but when I come back to it, it'll be nice knowing the game will be that much longer. Such a unique game.

[quote name='eastx']Isn't he wearing an animal helmet because the game takes place in ancient Celtic times? It's a different setting than most games, so I'm all for it. Also,t he protagonist is named Crom, after the god in Robert H. Howard's Conan lore.[/QUOTE]

Or possibly after an actual Celtic deity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crom_Cruach :cool:

I appear to have received my 800 back from the House Party promotion. I don't see an email or anything, but there's 800 more points in my account. FYI for others who are waiting on it.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I appear to have received my 800 back from the House Party promotion. I don't see an email or anything, but there's 800 more points in my account. FYI for others who are waiting on it.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the heads up! Got mine too

[quote name='tylerh1701']South Park Tenormans Revenge game is supposed to release next Friday. Looking forward to it, as a huge SP fan.[/QUOTE]

I'm nervous for it just being a bad game with the South Park license slapped on it. Hope it turns out really well though, I would like to buy it and actually enjoy it.

[quote name='nypickle']I'm nervous for it just being a bad game with the South Park license slapped on it. Hope it turns out really well though, I would like to buy it and actually enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. SP tower defense was fun, but im concerned they may have skimped on the gameplay on this one.

[quote name='nadohawk']Why must they charge us for blatant advertising? Those games should be free.[/QUOTE]

I've played some licensed games, some good some bad. Who knows, maybe World Gone Sour may end out to be one I like. Granted, I did like the Doritos games more because they were offered for free on the marketplace, if they would have cost Microsoft Points, I may not have given them the light of day. Then again, I have not played that Darkened Skye game, but I remember its boxart cover did grab my attention; maybe once Darksiders 2 gets finished Vigil Games could look into making Darkened Skye match up to the boxart (and refine its play) for the HD consoles.

[quote name='bardockkun']So basically enjoy these Arcade deals now, because come April 17th we're not getting any for four weeks again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, another set of promo XBLA titles could mean weak DotW offerings. I was not considering Daytona USA nor Sega Rally Online Arcade, because I am fearing my positive feelings of the classic games are based on the strength of nostalgia and the games may not hold up (they weren't that strong nostalgic games, even then I had many other games I preferred more). Now, I am giving those titles a closer look, and will pay more attention to the opinions on this thread for those two games in the following week to determine if I will make the purchase. I had regretted having "standards" at the time when Unbound Saga was 160MSP, because I had lots in the backlog and thought we may see more excellent deals on the Live marketplace, but the runs of long dry spells for discounts encourages me to jump on.

[quote name='kayne2000'] ...

also i guess if burnout revenge is shutting down i might as well move that to the play now pile. do people still play that game????[/QUOTE]

It was a game in my backlog which I had intended to get to. I too gave my backlog play a flash override and promoted Burnout Revenge to a high priority game now that the online component will disappear. Unfortunately a few achievements are tied to online usage, and I do enjoy the game without achievements, but the scary thing is that I may have to boost now if I want to ever get the achievements (out of my style to do so). Does make me question my play, almost "forced fun" in a way.

This is one of my concerns with my purchases, such as Xbox Live Indie titles which even when there are no online components, the system still needs some sort of initial online verification in order to be played. Given how I do revisit games, even on older systems, I would be very unhappy if my purchases are no longer valid. Even DLC, which I do not initially want, I may eventually want, like with the Blur pre-order vehicles, which I probably would have considered if appropriately priced (along with last months 5% rebate reward), but the developers closed house and the DLC has never been released on the Live marketplace, so that content is gone forever for me. Alas, I guess it is the sign of the times when games have shifted from a product, tangible/owned, to a service, like a haircut.

This is just adds another problem with my large backlog. Anyway, in my scramble to "force some fun" out of online Burnout Revenge play. I will definitely be online for that.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ditto. SP tower defense was fun, but im concerned they may have skimped on the gameplay on this one.[/QUOTE]

I too loved South Park: Lets Go Tower Defense Play I was mainly convinced at the time by its online capable multiplayer demo, which was robust for a demo portion. I eventually purchased that when it went on sale and really enjoyed playing it alongside friends, and discovering the demo portion, however robust didn't introduce other elements the full paid game offered. I too hope Tenorman's Revenge ends out fun, for another solid XBLA title (which I'll wait on a sale for) and great for a South Park fan.

-----

Also I guess my constant complaining of repeat sales, referring to this week's Bioshock 2 DLC may be off a bit. While the DLC I know have been on sale before, I guess the Live team does try to offer something new with current Deal of the Week offers. It may be my sharp focus to not allow me to notice avatar parts also on sale recently. I guess, maybe the "new" offers are avatar parts which may have not been offered before. Still disappointing to me since that does not appeal to me, and making my Gold Subscription feel less valuable.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Tried Stacking, couldn't get into it at all. Not my type of game. Loved Costume Quest though, so picked up that DLC.

Anybody have anything positive to say about the Voltron game? Loved the show growing up, maybe some anime cutscenes or Voltron transformation vids within it?

Also, Daytona USA next week is so mine. We need to start a CAG league or something.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the demo for Voltron and decided to buy it. I feel like it's worth 5.00, especially if you're a fan of the cartoon in the eighties. It controls pretty well and has ton's of cool fan service. Bare bones twin stick shooter though

[quote name='cthomer5000']I appear to have received my 800 back from the House Party promotion. I don't see an email or anything, but there's 800 more points in my account. FYI for others who are waiting on it.[/QUOTE]

Mine showed up last night but I wasn't totally sure because I was a bit foggy from Double IPAs. I tried doing the math with what I thought I'd had earlier in the day but it was a bit hard at that point. Until I read your post I'd forgotten to try again this morning. :)

And FYI, all of my games were redeemed codes. That question seems to get asked a few times when these promos roll around.

is the sale for joe danger and daytona usa next week only for gold members?

as a cag, i really don't want to pay for online so i'm thinking of just creating another account for a free gold month so i can get the deals

will i still be able to play these games with my real account? is there a limit to how many accounts you can create on one 360?

Yes, the Deals of the Week like Joe Danger and Daytona USA are gold exclusive. The publisher sales are open to all.

Yes, barring any restricted content settings, every account on the xbox your games are first downloaded to can play them. Nope, no real limit on how many profiles you can make on a single xbox. I do believe that after every eight(?) profiles you must save additional ones to a new storage device.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is it true that you only get a free month of gold for the first 3 accounts you create on the console?[/QUOTE]

It used to be something like that don't know if it still is. It doesn't even have to be created on xbox. If you create it on website and recover it then if the first xbox you recover it to hasn't got a free month then it does. Happened to me when I created a japanese account to download a game on the computer then recovered it and got a free month of gold which I didn't want to use up on that tag.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Considering getting the protector trials for Bioshock 2, but not sure if I will find it worthwhile. Mainly it would allow me to get more achievements, but since I will never max out the achievements for that game (no desire to grind all the MP ones) it may not be worth the while.
[/QUOTE]

Buy it only if you like the shooting in Bioshock. It's non-stop action. I wasn't fan of it. In other hand Minerva's Den is ace.

[quote name='kayne2000']yea thats basically what i was saying earlier. frankly i dont see why it cant be like steam. come on its microsoft you cant get that big and not know a thing or too about sales.[/QUOTE]

they know a thing or two about abusing people's loyalty to their brand. How many people buy live and every map pack of certain games just because their friends are on live.

[quote name='oldboy26']they know a thing or two about abusing people's loyalty to their brand. How many people buy live and every map pack of certain games just because their friends are on live.[/QUOTE]

not quite what i was aiming at. in that case i mean really its to play with your friends its not out of a brand loyality.

i was more aiming at surely microsoft can create a better system of downloadable games.

Are there other Titles only on Games on Demand besides RE4 and RE CV worth getting? (got both on day one) but since there will be a special sale I'm asking this lol...

Mostly likely COD and Gears will be the GOD games that go on sale aince they have been the only ones. Hopefully im wrong and we get new games and fan favorites to go on sale.

People like to pretend that GoD games don't go on sale. Here are previous GoD sales to give you an idea of the types of discounts we can expect.

-Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Dragon Age: Origins - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Monopoly Streets - 1800 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - 1800 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-GTA IV - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off
-Battlestations Pacific - 2400 Microsoft Points ($24.49) - 25% off
-Just Cause 2 - 2400 Microsoft Points ($24.49) - 25% off
-Tomb Raider Underworld - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off

-LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off - Metacritic
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off - Metacritic
-Halo: Reach - 2400 Microsoft Points ($29.99) - 25% off
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off
-Modern Warfare 2 - 2400 Microsoft Points ($29.99) - 25% off
-Halo: Reach (Games on Demand) - $49.99 or 4000 Microsoft Points - 20% off
-Halo: Reach (games on Demand) - $39.99 (3200 Microsoft Points) - 33% off
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $34.99 - 12.5% off
-Call of Duty: Black Ops - $49.99 - 17% off
-Metro 2033 - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off
-Alan Wake - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off
-Dead Rising - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99US) - 25% off
-Mafia II - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Prey - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off - Metacritic
-The Darkness - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off - Metacritic
-Top Spin 3 - 1600 Microsoft Points ($19.99) - ??% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off
-Battlefield: Bad Company - 1200 Microsoft Points($14.99) - 25% off
-Civilization Revolution - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off
-Fallout 3 - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off
-Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off
-Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off

Thanks to reddjoey for keeping that info around in a way that it's easy to find. I didn't go back through 2010 because the info is laid out in a way that if there were any sales I can't be lazy and just ctrl+f my way through it. I'd have to actually read through the lines and that doesn't jive with my Sunday laziness.

Man those prices are ass. All 1200 games are pretty old and can be obtained for WAY cheaper. This sale should be for GOD games that dont have a phyiscal disc( re 4, code vetonica, crysis, etc....)

[quote name='tylerh1701']South Park Tenormans Revenge game is supposed to release next Friday. Looking forward to it, as a huge SP fan.[/QUOTE]
Want the game for "free"? Then pick up South Park Season 15 on Tuesday at your nearest "open all night" retailer in order to "try" to be one of the first 5000 to register the code inside!

game-title.png

• The First 5,000 who enter the codes will receive a code for free download of the game, a South Park Theme and a 48 hour trial Xbox Live Gold Membership!
  • The next 70,000 who enter the codes will receive a code for a free South Park Theme and a 48 hour trial Xbox Live Gold Membership!
More info & good luck! ... http://www.southparkstudios.com/shop/dvds/season-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back