XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']It's also breaking a pricing precedent on XBLA that hasn't been broken for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

Can you break a precedent twice?

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's also breaking a pricing precedent on XBLA that hasn't been broken for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

It's also breaking a closed architecture precedent that's been keeping XBLA back for quite a while. Glad there will be constant updates for this game.

And a game this incredibly massive being $20 (especially when it's more money on PC) bothering people when there are 5+ crappy games that launched at 1600MSP on XBLA is confusing. These games were 1600 on xbla:

Watchmen
Puzzle Quest Galactrix
Sam & Max Season 1
Sam & Max Season 2
Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1

So....yeah.

That said, I don't know if I will double dip yet. Hopefully there are some good achievements since the gamerscore cap has been raised.

[quote name='infamy']Minecraft is cheaper on Xbox than it is on PC.[/QUOTE]
Maybe now, but a ton of people bought it at $15 or less and have access to a ton more community features, mods, and such unless they managed to get that stuff to work on the XBLA version.

[quote name='infamy']It's also breaking a closed architecture precedent that's been keeping XBLA back for quite a while. Glad there will be constant updates for this game.

That said, I don't know if I will double dip yet. Hopefully there are some good achievements since the gamerscore cap has been raised.[/QUOTE]

Well, its was announced that all these games will have 400 gs and up to 30 achievements on release. If I read correctly, all XBLA games will be able to update to 400 gs sometime in June.

Also, on breaking the closed architecture, I read somewhere that they were looking into trying to add Skins/Texture Packs, and look into mods down the road. Minecraft on xbla could be a real game changer

[quote name='louiedog']Can you break a precedent twice?[/QUOTE]

I dunno. However, I probably did word it wrong. The precedent would probably have been set after the 5 games Infamy listed all failed miserably at the 1600 price point. So Minecraft would be breaking this precedent for the first time.

[quote name='infamy']It's also breaking a closed architecture precedent that's been keeping XBLA back for quite a while. Glad there will be constant updates for this game.

And a game this incredibly massive being $20 (especially when it's more money on PC) bothering people when there are 5+ crappy games that launched at 1600MSP on XBLA is confusing. These games were 1600 on xbla:

Watchmen
Puzzle Quest Galactrix
Sam & Max Season 1
Sam & Max Season 2
Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1

So....yeah.

That said, I don't know if I will double dip yet. Hopefully there are some good achievements since the gamerscore cap has been raised.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be confused by the price bothering people. The 5 games you listed all bombed at 1600, so the confusion is that Microsoft is trying that price point again. And PA Ep. 1 was definitely not "crappy", and A LOT of people like the Sam & Max games. They were just, plain and simple, overpriced.

How would one go about reporting that the Space Marine Chaos DLC, while advertised at 50% off is still full price? I would buy it if it were 50% off.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You shouldn't be confused by the price bothering people. The 5 games you listed all bombed at 1600, so the confusion is that Microsoft is trying that price point again. And PA Ep. 1 was definitely not "crappy", and A LOT of people like the Sam & Max games. They were just, plain and simple, overpriced.[/QUOTE]
Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1 didn't bomb. It had the third-best launch in XBLA history up to that point.

[quote name='Hellhunt']How would one go about reporting that the Space Marine Chaos DLC, while advertised at 50% off is still full price? I would buy it if it were 50% off.[/QUOTE]
Tweet the holy shit out of Major Nelson while calling him a Vagina Clown.

Or just leave the Vagina Clown part out, though only way I can think of since he's always the messenger for these deals.

[quote name='louiedog']Agreed. I have no problem with 1600 msp games if the price is warranted. As long as games are priced properly, it doesn't matter to me if they're 400 msp, 1600 msp, 3200 msp, etc. Some games have been wildly overpriced, like Puzzle Quest Galactrix for 1600 msp, but some have felt like great deals to me, like Dead Rising: Case Zero for 400 msp.

There are retail games that obviously shouldn't be sold at $60, but if they debuted on XBLA I'd have no problem paying 2400 msp for a lot of them. I think people get focused on the label XBLA and what it has meant in terms of game scope and quality and think that going forward those same exact games will get more expensive when in reality I think games have grown quite a bit and will continue to do so requiring a higher price point to make it happen. There's been a lot of experimentation with prices in this market and judging by Microsoft's insistence that a game like Fez be priced at 800 msp when the developer wants 1200 msp I think they're learning lessons and not just being greedy.

That said, I own Minecraft on the PC and I think $20 on any platform is a bit much. It's a fun game that you can put 1,000 hours into, and many have, but I don't know where that $20 went in terms of content developed for it.[/QUOTE]

i think the may problem with prices on XBLA is it doesnt accurately reflect in store or online prices. for instance bioshock 2 can be found easily for 5-10 dollars or cheaper. but on XBLA it is 20 dollars and will likely never drop any lower. meanwhile steam sales tend to reflect the market as a whole and sometimes even cheaper than that but XBLA doesnt and is always more expensive.

the only things that ever have a really good sale and even poor compared to steam are XBLA only games. or things that are only digital downloads whether its also a steam and a PSN game also or not.

if things like bioshock 2 would ever drop to reflect the current pricing i might download full games on there. otherwise it is cheaper elsewhere and i get a physical copy. and plenty of games sit at 40 or 50 dollars to download but in store are like 20 dollars or less.

also i guess if burnout revenge is shutting down i might as well move that to the play now pile. do people still play that game????

[quote name='kayne2000']i think the may problem with prices on XBLA is it doesnt accurately reflect in store or online prices. for instance bioshock 2 can be found easily for 5-10 dollars or cheaper. but on XBLA it is 20 dollars and will likely never drop any lower. meanwhile steam sales tend to reflect the market as a whole and sometimes even cheaper than that but XBLA doesnt and is always more expensive.

the only things that ever have a really good sale and even poor compared to steam are XBLA only games. or things that are only digital downloads whether its also a steam and a PSN game also or not.

if things like bioshock 2 would ever drop to reflect the current pricing i might download full games on there. otherwise it is cheaper elsewhere and i get a physical copy. and plenty of games sit at 40 or 50 dollars to download but in store are like 20 dollars or less.

also i guess if burnout revenge is shutting down i might as well move that to the play now pile. do people still play that game????[/QUOTE]

Games on Demand follows MSRP. They are the Walmart of digital distribution.

And for people talking about Minecraft costing $20. First off that's still $7 cheaper than the PC version and secondly how would you price any port? If the game was developed on Xbox and ported than would those other versions not be cheaper in your mind?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I dunno. However, I probably did word it wrong. The precedent would probably have been set after the 5 games Infamy listed all failed miserably at the 1600 price point. So Minecraft would be breaking this precedent for the first time.

You shouldn't be confused by the price bothering people. The 5 games you listed all bombed at 1600, so the confusion is that Microsoft is trying that price point again. And PA Ep. 1 was definitely not "crappy", and A LOT of people like the Sam & Max games. They were just, plain and simple, overpriced.[/QUOTE]

I knew what you meant, I was just kidding.

What makes you think they all bombed? I remember Watchmen being terrible and people being tired of the formula in addition to the worst reviews for the PQ series with Galactrix, so they may have bombed. Sam & Max games only had to recoup port costs and did well enough that they put out the second series at the same price. Penny Arcade Adventures set a sales record in its first three days. I can't imagine too many people were scared off by the price if that happened.

If anything has a shot to succeed at the price it's Minecraft. A lot of the buzz I've seen on twitter and in forums has been positive that it's coming out without much care about the price. I myself don't think it's worth it and I say that as a Minecraft PC owner. But the game is stupid popular with all ages and it's family friendly. I think it has a real shot at doing just fine at 1600 msp. I guess we'll find out in May if that's true.

edit: Bah, I pause my typing for a bit to get dinner in the oven and someone scoops me on the PA record info that I found. ;) Apparently it was 3rd in terms of units and first in terms of revenue.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Well, its was announced that all these games will have 400 gs and up to 30 achievements on release. If I read correctly, all XBLA games will be able to update to 400 gs sometime in June.

Also, on breaking the closed architecture, I read somewhere that they were looking into trying to add Skins/Texture Packs, and look into mods down the road. Minecraft on xbla could be a real game changer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what bothers me is that some of the achievements leaked in the video were extremely easy to get. I want something like mine a diamond, kill an enderdragon, etc.

And yeah I also read about the mods. Here's hoping it comes to fruition.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

You shouldn't be confused by the price bothering people. The 5 games you listed all bombed at 1600, so the confusion is that Microsoft is trying that price point again. And PA Ep. 1 was definitely not "crappy", and A LOT of people like the Sam & Max games. They were just, plain and simple, overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Well, I own every game I mentioned except the second Sam and Max. I was spend happy back in the day but in retrospect, none of those were worth $20. Obviously that's subjective, but Minecraft has infinite replayability, whether building your own worlds or griefing others, and never gets old due to the insane amount of shit there is to do. I get that MMO feel without having a stupid subscription, and I love what Notch has created. I might even double dip simply to support the cause!

I'm at the point where MS can price XBLA games at any price they desire.

I just want the promised increase in limit of the friend list.

Fable games always have my interest so I'll probably snag it for 400 when it goes on sale even if it isn't very good.

Never heard of Bloodforge but it's a cool name, let's hope it's a cool game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9MSWTtmE0

Here's some footage of Bloodforge, which seems to be something of a darker God of War-style hack-and-slash game in a Celtic setting according to IGN. The story seems to have the same set-up with the main character being tricked by the gods into killing his wife, so he sets out to get revenge on them. The look doesn't appeal to me at all, so I'd have to wait for a quick look from Giant Bomb to see more gameplay.

[quote name='Kaltic']Games on Demand follows MSRP. They are the Walmart of digital distribution.

And for people talking about Minecraft costing $20. First off that's still $7 cheaper than the PC version and secondly how would you price any port? If the game was developed on Xbox and ported than would those other versions not be cheaper in your mind?[/QUOTE]

yes well the whole point of DD is for it to be cheaper. at least thats what i thought

Watching that trailer for Bloodforge, wow, it kinda brings back that retail vs. arcade games debate. My interest and curiousity is piqued now.

[quote name='louiedog']I knew what you meant, I was just kidding.

What makes you think they all bombed? I remember Watchmen being terrible and people being tired of the formula in addition to the worst reviews for the PQ series with Galactrix, so they may have bombed. Sam & Max games only had to recoup port costs and did well enough that they put out the second series at the same price. Penny Arcade Adventures set a sales record in its first three days. I can't imagine too many people were scared off by the price if that happened.

If anything has a shot to succeed at the price it's Minecraft. A lot of the buzz I've seen on twitter and in forums has been positive that it's coming out without much care about the price. I myself don't think it's worth it and I say that as a Minecraft PC owner. But the game is stupid popular with all ages and it's family friendly. I think it has a real shot at doing just fine at 1600 msp. I guess we'll find out in May if that's true.

edit: Bah, I pause my typing for a bit to get dinner in the oven and someone scoops me on the PA record info that I found. ;) Apparently it was 3rd in terms of units and first in terms of revenue.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I assumed they bombed was because they didn't sell well enough for MS to continue to use the 1600 price point. I was wrong in regards to PA2, but clearly MS wasn't thrilled with the overall sales of these five games since they haven't used the 1600 price point since October 2009 (I think).

And I have absolutely nothing wrong with Minecraft. Just concerned that XBLA may be starting on a slippery slope towards 1600 again. Lots of people said the XBLA achievement increase would lead to more expensive games. This obviously doesn't prove the theory, but it's definitely telling that they make the announcement about the achievement increase, and less than a month after that we see the first 1600msp price point in over 2 years.

Would have been awesome if they released Minecraft as a Games on Demand game, then I would have no problem with a $20 price point.

It was probably more the long-term sales for those games at the same rate since there will be a certain chunk of people that will buy those games at $20 that probably drops at a certain point compared to $10 and $15 games. Minecraft has a huge amount of hype and interest that can sustain that kind of price more than the ones that came previously.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was probably more the long-term sales for those games at the same rate since there will be a certain chunk of people that will buy those games at $20 that probably drops at a certain point compared to $10 and $15 games. Minecraft has a huge amount of hype and interest that can sustain that kind of price more than the ones that came previously.[/QUOTE]

I agree and I think Minecraft XBLA will succeed. And I want it too, Notch seems like a cool guy and Mojang seems like a quality developer. I personally won't be buying it anytime soon. (wouldn't have purchased it at 1200msp either, MAYBE at 800. MAYBE.)

Just curious, do you guys think we'll see another 1600msp XBLA game release this year?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree and I think Minecraft XBLA will succeed. And I want it too, Notch seems like a cool guy and Mojang seems like a quality developer. I personally won't be buying it anytime soon. (wouldn't have purchased it at 1200msp either, MAYBE at 800. MAYBE.)

Just curious, do you guys think we'll see another 1600msp XBLA game release this year?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Walking Dead game technically a 2000 point game?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree and I think Minecraft XBLA will succeed. And I want it too, Notch seems like a cool guy and Mojang seems like a quality developer. I personally won't be buying it anytime soon. (wouldn't have purchased it at 1200msp either, MAYBE at 800. MAYBE.)

Just curious, do you guys think we'll see another 1600msp XBLA game release this year?[/QUOTE]

If you count all of The Walking Dead episodes together as one game that'll be 2000 msp. They're separate releases, but one complete game.

I can't think of any other releases that I think would warrant a 1600 msp price or one that I think they could get away with. It's too early to tell though. Anything big enough for a 1600 msp price point due late in the year might not be announced until E3.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Isn't the Walking Dead game technically a 2000 point game?[/QUOTE]

Then Sonic 4 would be a 4800 point game at release? Assuming 4 parts and the rest release at 1200 like the first part did.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Then Sonic 4 would be a 4800 point game at release? Assuming 4 parts and the rest release at 1200 like the first part did.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 4 was an experiment and kind of a cash grab. The Walking Dead relies heavily on story and has a regular schedule. If I remember correctly they didn't start working on Sonic 4: Episode 2 until well after the first one came out. It's not a fair comparison.

Ya walking dead popped into my mind about 2 minutes after I posted.

Sonic is really just episodic in name only. plus, I think they're only doing 2 episodes.

[quote name='bardockkun']Tweet the holy shit out of Major Nelson while calling him a Vagina Clown.

Or just leave the Vagina Clown part out, though only way I can think of since he's always the messenger for these deals.[/QUOTE]

Tweet sent - but nicely:)

[quote name='louiedog']

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Minecraft for $20??!?! fuck that noise. I'll wait for it to become DotW. No arcade title is worth that much. Not even Penny Arcade or any other that was 1600 points before. Whats next, 2013 an arcade title will be $25?? Screw you Microsoft. My wallet says no thanks

[quote name='Dustinator']Minecraft for $20??!?! fuck that noise. I'll wait for it to become DotW. No arcade title is worth that much. Not even Penny Arcade or any other that was 1600 points before. Whats next, 2013 an arcade title will be $25?? Screw you Microsoft. My wallet says no thanks[/QUOTE]

Nice! Dustinator knows the score!

[quote name='Dustinator']Minecraft for $20??!?! fuck that noise. I'll wait for it to become DotW. No arcade title is worth that much. Not even Penny Arcade or any other that was 1600 points before. Whats next, 2013 an arcade title will be $25?? Screw you Microsoft. My wallet says no thanks[/QUOTE]

So just because it's labeled as an XBLA game it's value is limited? Personally I judge the worth of a game by its price compared to its quality and length, not its price compared to its method of distribution.

Would it be acceptable if this was labeled as a Games on Demand title?
And would Resident Evil 4 HD be terribly overpriced at $20 if they chose to release that as an arcade title and not on games on demand? I don't think it matters one way or the other.

I won't be getting Minecraft for $20, but not because I'm opposed to spending $20 for any game released as an XBLA game, but because I don't think its worth it to double dip for $20; I already have it on PC.

That being said, I definitely do not think that $20 should become a common price point for XBLA, but it is ok to make a few special exemptions, such as Minecraft.

I'd never heard of Bloodforge until Microsoft released the details of this promotion, but after watching the trailer, it looks pretty amazing...

I think we can all agree on one thing...right now Digital distribution of games over consoles is not going to keep prices down...it is just going to keep us from selling our used games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think we can all agree on one thing...right now Digital distribution of games over consoles is not going to keep prices down...it is just going to keep us from selling our used games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right now it's like buying games directly from a publisher's website. Full original MSRP years after release. Deluded.

I wish pricing was more aggressive, like on Steam. They could be making so much more money if only they changed their business philosophy. I suppose we're lucky to have sales at all.

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, right now it's like buying games directly from a publisher's website. Full original MSRP years after release. Deluded.

I wish pricing was more aggressive, like on Steam. They could be making so much more money if only they changed their business philosophy. I suppose we're lucky to have sales at all.[/QUOTE]

yea thats basically what i was saying earlier. frankly i dont see why it cant be like steam. come on its microsoft you cant get that big and not know a thing or too about sales.

[quote name='abhinav']Strange question but do I need Bioshock 2 to play Minnervas den? I've heard praise about the DLC but don't want the game...[/QUOTE] I'm positive the answer is yes.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']So just because it's labeled as an XBLA game it's value is limited? Personally I judge the worth of a game by its price compared to its quality and length, not its price compared to its method of distribution.

Would it be acceptable if this was labeled as a Games on Demand title?
And would Resident Evil 4 HD be terribly overpriced at $20 if they chose to release that as an arcade title and not on games on demand? I don't think it matters one way or the other.
[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with this. Saying unequivocally that no XBLA game is worth $20 because most others don't cost that much is just arbitrary. You might as well be asking developers to put a limit on how much time and money they'll put into games if they can't ever charge more than $15 no matter what. Hopefully Minecraft's price means they really will support it with tons of updates and love, as with the PC version.

From an Achievement perspective, perhaps Games on Demand would've been the way to go since it'd offer 1000GS and therefor a higher value to some people. But it probably gets more visibility and promotion as an XBLA game, and 400 GS isn't too bad either.

[quote name='louiedog']Sonic 4 was an experiment and kind of a cash grab. The Walking Dead relies heavily on story and has a regular schedule. If I remember correctly they didn't start working on Sonic 4: Episode 2 until well after the first one came out. It's not a fair comparison.[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/13/no-more-sonic-4-episodes-planned-after-episode-2/

They also aren't planning on doing more after episode 2. Unless, it sells well. I agree with you on Sonic 4 being a cash grab.

However, time will tell on The Walking Dead. I don't think they feel completly safe releasing a point/click adventure game for The Walking Dead and are doing the episode format to see how well it does at the start in smaller cheaper segments. Most people who are fans of the show probably won't think twice about putting down 5$ at a time but I'm sure everyone would at a 20$ price point but even still it is going to be 25$ in the end.

[quote name='Narsis84']http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/13/no-more-sonic-4-episodes-planned-after-episode-2/

They also aren't planning on doing more after episode 2. Unless, it sells well. I agree with you on Sonic 4 being a cash grab.

However, time will tell on The Walking Dead. I don't think they feel completly safe releasing a point/click adventure game for The Walking Dead and are doing the episode format to see how well it does at the start in smaller cheaper segments. Most people who are fans of the show probably won't think twice about putting down 5$ at a time but I'm sure everyone would at a 20$ price point but even still it is going to be 25$ in the end.[/QUOTE]

dissappointing to read that about sonic i was sort of hoping it was going to be 4 episodes like 4 the 4 on genesis. i do admit i was hoping episode 1 would be longer. and really calling it part 1 would make more sense as episode implies a few releases. and quite frankly im not sure why they wouldnt do more than 2 the first was well received if im not mistaken. further proof sega barely knows what to do with their beloved icon.

yea 5 dollars now and then is easier to swallow than 25 up front. ultimately though as long as the story is interesting enough. i can kill a few zombies and it is a litlte bit more than just killing zombies at 5 dollars a piece here and there i wont complain too much

[quote name='kayne2000']dissappointing to read that about sonic i was sort of hoping it was going to be 4 episodes like 4 the 4 on genesis. i do admit i was hoping episode 1 would be longer. and really calling it part 1 would make more sense as episode implies a few releases. and quite frankly im not sure why they wouldnt do more than 2 the first was well received if im not mistaken. further proof sega barely knows what to do with their beloved icon.

yea 5 dollars now and then is easier to swallow than 25 up front. ultimately though as long as the story is interesting enough. i can kill a few zombies and it is a litlte bit more than just killing zombies at 5 dollars a piece here and there i wont complain too much[/QUOTE]

It is a bit dissappointing. I was hoping to pick them all up on disc or sale at some point in the future.

I still really don't know about a point/click zombie game. I love games like Secret of Monkey Island and The Journeys of Remmus(Browser Based) but I don't see getting into a point/click game without humor being the main element. Having said that, I will download the demo for sure but I dont know how far I will go past that.

Let me just say that XBLA arcade games made the jump from 800, to 1200 points when Braid came out. Then from 1200 to 1600 msp when Penny Arcade was released. Now that the 1600 price point is coming back, I'm worried 2000 msp is right around th corner.

Being a CAG, I'll stay true to my name. I'll vote with my wallet and not buy minecraft till it's on sale. Because I am a cheap ass and cannot afford to pay full price for lots of games(retail included). Gaming is an expensive hobby, meaning it keeps adding and adding up

In addition to that Monster World Collection (consisting of Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV), there's gonna be another collection of old Sega games, this time called Alex Kidd & Co., consisting of Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Super Hang-on, and The Revenge of Shinobi. No word on price or release date yet, but considering you get 3 games in 1, I look forward to this & hope it's price at $10 at the most.

[quote name='Zonic505']In addition to that Monster World Collection (consisting of Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV), there's gonna be another collection of old Sega games, this time called Alex Kidd & Co., consisting of Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Super Hang-on, and The Revenge of Shinobi. No word on price or release date yet, but considering you get 3 games in 1, I look forward to this & hope it's price at $10 at the most.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to both as well. I also hope they have 400 GS instead of 200, especially since we're talking about 3 games per pack. Oh, but I don't look forward to Super Hang On - lever liked that kind of racing game on older consoles.

[quote name='Zonic505']In addition to that Monster World Collection (consisting of Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV), there's gonna be another collection of old Sega games, this time called Alex Kidd & Co., consisting of Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Super Hang-on, and The Revenge of Shinobi. No word on price or release date yet, but considering you get 3 games in 1, I look forward to this & hope it's price at $10 at the most.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Monster land brings back a lot of good memories from the old Amiga days. I will probably pick it up for the nostalgia factor. However, I've never been an Alex Kidd fan.

It's nice to see that Sega is digging up some old games for XBLA. I would kill for a port of Shining Force 3 on XBLA or disc.

My kids will want Minecraft 360 at $20. No question about it. In fact my oldest is getting 1600 points card for his birthday and I'm sure he will save it for Minecraft. It's cheaper than the PC version, so there's that. I'm not into the game myself, but they have gotten a huge amount of mileage out of the PC (actually, Mac) version and I'm sure they will get as much out of the 360 version. It's worth it to them, easily.

I'm not heartbroken to hear that part 2 of Sonic 4 will likely be it. I thought the first part was pretty bad. The produced much better Sonic games since that with both Sonic Colors and Generations. Not even my kids will be excited about part 2. They didn't really like part 1 much either.

[quote name='crunchewy']My kids will want Minecraft 360 at $20. No question about it. In fact my oldest is getting 1600 points card for his birthday and I'm sure he will save it for Minecraft. It's cheaper than the PC version, so there's that. I'm not into the game myself, but they have gotten a huge amount of mileage out of the PC (actually, Mac) version and I'm sure they will get as much out of the 360 version. It's worth it to them, easily.

I'm not heartbroken to hear that part 2 of Sonic 4 will likely be it. I thought the first part was pretty bad. The produced much better Sonic games since that with both Sonic Colors and Generations. Not even my kids will be excited about part 2. They didn't really like part 1 much either.[/QUOTE]

That's at least the 5th time I've heard someone say "my kids will want Minecraft XBLA". I had no idea kids enjoyed Minecraft so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back