XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordopus99']Thanks for the heads up. Who knows if I will ever own it but what the heck...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts. Might as well download in case the unforseeable happens. Glad I'm not the only one who downloads stuff they probably won't ever use just because they went free.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not a sale but could effect future pricing on Indie games. The maximum game size is being increase to 500MB from 150MB. Looks like they are going to allow games 150MB and below set their price at 80 points. I guess anything above 50MB used to have a price of 240-400 points. They are also going to increase the # of games a developer can have on the indie game channel.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xna/archive/2012/01/04/happy-new-year-xbox-live-indie-games.aspx[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I don't mind sorting out the wheat from the chaff (for the most part the "top rated" sort takes care of that) to find the good ones. I'd be more likely to buy them at the 80 msp price point.

As far as achievements go, I believe the whole point of the indie games as a separate category is to allow for novice game developers to hone their ideas. If their ideas succeed, like James Silva did with "Dishwasher: Dead Samurai", then they make it to XBLA, where the price of the game is set higher and the game has achievements.

Yaris is an example of adware; so are the Burger King games. That's where the company subsidizes the cost of making the game and then gives it away for free, or with its product, in order to increase sales of the product advertised. The Doritos games fall somewhere in between, since there is a competition similar to "Dream-Build-Play" for the indie games in which the winner gets their game released on XBLA, but with the Doritos name on it.

Keep the indie games achievement-free. that's the whole point of being "indie", after all. The quality is more uneven, but it's also where new talent can be discovered (and then "sell out") ;)

Anywho, I'm looking forward to the inevitable price drop on "Cthulhu Saves the World" (149.09 MB)... unless it makes the jump to XBLA, in which case the price will likely rise to 800 msp. But it would have achievements, and thus finally be worth buying in the eyes of some Xbox 360 gamers. :roll:

[quote name='FinderKeeper']That's good news. I don't mind sorting out the wheat from the chaff (for the most part the "top rated" sort takes care of that) to find the good ones. I'd be more likely to buy them at the 80 msp price point.

As far as achievements go, I believe the whole point of the indie games as a separate category is to allow for novice game developers to hone their ideas. If their ideas succeed, like James Silva did with "Dishwasher: Dead Samurai", then they make it to XBLA, where the price of the game is set higher and the game has achievements.

Yaris is an example of adware; so are the Burger King games. That's where the company subsidizes the cost of making the game and then gives it away for free, or with its product, in order to increase sales of the product advertised. The Doritos games fall somewhere in between, since there is a competition similar to "Dream-Build-Play" for the indie games in which the winner gets their game released on XBLA, but with the Doritos name on it.

Keep the indie games achievement-free. that's the whole point of being "indie", after all. The quality is more uneven, but it's also where new talent can be discovered (and then "sell out") ;)

Anywho, I'm looking forward to the inevitable price drop on "Cthulhu Saves the World" (149.09 MB)... unless it makes the jump to XBLA, in which case the price will likely rise to 800 msp. But it would have achievements, and thus finally be worth buying in the eyes of some Xbox 360 gamers. :roll:[/QUOTE]

According to their twitter Cthulhu has already dropped.

edit: found the link: https://twitter.com/#!/werezompire/status/154692185877524483
xbox marketplace link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...he-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550756

edit 2: Heads up on some other indie game price drops: Soulcaster and Soulcaster 2 were both dropped to 80 points each and the dev says he is going to drop Escape Goat to 80 msp when he can in February. http://www.magicaltimebean.com/

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Pretty much my thoughts. Might as well download in case the unforseeable happens. Glad I'm not the only one who downloads stuff they probably won't ever use just because they went free.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good time to remind everyone that the Phantasy Star Online expansion is free.

I played the demos for the 7 "price drop" games, they ranged from pretty damn fun to pretty bad.

Interestingly, 4 games are from Sierra Online and 2 more from Activision (who own and dissolved Sierra) so Activision definitely has something to do with these drops. Hopefully they are not drops that are preemptive to delisting or anything like that, but I've yet to see confirmation on the dash that these are in fact the price drops for January.

Also, the golf game I believe is developed by housemarque, a great indie dev responsible for outland and dead nation. I found that interesting.

Not sure if any of this info is useful, but I thought I'd share.

I'm loving the new NFL blitz, worth day 1 purchase for me, As was NBA Jam On Fire....However I do miss the Late hits and such I feel like Blitz the League 2 spoiled me on football and violence....wish they'd make another one....and maybe leave in enough customization to be able to recreate a team or two..one can dream

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Seems like a good time to remind everyone that the Phantasy Star Online expansion is free.[/QUOTE]

Does the Phantasy Star Universe expansion contain any single-player content? I understand now that it's free, you can't play multiplayer without it. But I'm not going to pay a monthly fee for PSU.

[quote name='eastx']Does the Phantasy Star Universe expansion contain any single-player content? I understand now that it's free, you can't play multiplayer without it. But I'm not going to pay a monthly fee for PSU.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know. I just downloaded it a couple of years ago in case I ever buy PSU again.

Anyone play with the DC dlc? If you had to pick one of the marathon which one would you pick? Are they really worth getting?

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Anyone play with the DC dlc? If you had to pick one of the marathon which one would you pick? Are they really worth getting?[/QUOTE]

If you like the game and want more songs to dance with, of course they're worth getting. With games like this, the more recognizable songs you have, the better they go over when you have guests over to play. Only you know your musical tastes, so I would pick whichever one has the most recognizable songs to you.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Picked up Burnout Crash, thanks! I had played the demo before and it seemed alright. 400 MSP seems like the right price for this, though.[/QUOTE]

I'll throw in a recommendation for Burnout Crash. I was skeptical of the idea and didn't enjoy the demo when it first came out, but I tried it again last night and something clicked. I ended up buying the game and played it for 2 1/2 hours before I had to stop and go to bed. Definitely worth it at $5.

[quote name='eastx']Does the Phantasy Star Universe expansion contain any single-player content? I understand now that it's free, you can't play multiplayer without it. But I'm not going to pay a monthly fee for PSU.[/QUOTE]

It does and it doesn't. Some missions are single-player but in the online portion of the game. But no, you cannot play any of the content without paying the (too high for what it is) fee.

Ambition of the Illuminus had offline single-player on PS2 and PC, but it was fairly sparse. In fact it's all offline now when you consider the 360 version of PSU is the only one still being supported, and I use that word very loosely.

[quote name='Vap']Is 400 points the cheapest Gatling gears has ever been?[/QUOTE]

I believe so.

Picked up Zuma, seemed like it was worth $2.50

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I'll throw in a recommendation for Burnout Crash. I was skeptical of the idea and didn't enjoy the demo when it first came out, but I tried it again last night and something clicked. I ended up buying the game and played it for 2 1/2 hours before I had to stop and go to bed. Definitely worth it at $5.[/QUOTE]

same here, having a blast with it well worth $5.

and if people want to add me for the autolog stuff I'd love that. GT: Papa Neorev

[quote name='Papa Neorev']same here, having a blast with it well worth $5.

and if people want to add me for the autolog stuff I'd love that. GT: Papa Neorev[/QUOTE]

Went to send you a friend request and saw you'd already sent me one :D

Finally bit on Burnout Crash. I liked the demo. I really have more than enough games to play already, but why not.

i can't decided on the DC tracks. I probably should buy them, but it's a lot of points even on sale and I've got plenty left to play in the base DC2 game yet.

Hey I figured I'll ask my fellow CAGs this question: I have 1360points should I get Blitz or the Arklam City Bundle Pack (I only own Batman Beyond skin, and Catwoman DLC)

[quote name='ray2dee']Hey I figured I'll ask my fellow CAGs this question: I have 1360points should I get Blitz or the Arklam City Bundle Pack (I only own Batman Beyond skin, and Catwoman DLC)[/QUOTE]

How much do you like the challenge modes in Arkham City? You won't get any additional missions, just more characters to use in the challenges.

[quote name='Ninjaharley']I'm loving the new NFL blitz, worth day 1 purchase for me, As was NBA Jam On Fire....However I do miss the Late hits and such I feel like Blitz the League 2 spoiled me on football and violence....wish they'd make another one....and maybe leave in enough customization to be able to recreate a team or two..one can dream[/QUOTE]

No, dreaming is strictly prohibited in the MS and Midway ULA.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I played the demos for the 7 "price drop" games, they ranged from pretty damn fun to pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

Care to share which games you enjoyed and which to stay away from?

I still have some points left from Christmas and was all set to finish them off with Trine 2.
Good thing I didn't with ChopperLifter dropping next week. A Euro game site says AMY is dropping next week too. if it does, I'll get that before ChopperLifter.

www.amy-thegame.com

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']I still have some points left from Christmas and was all set to finish them off with Trine 2.
Good thing I didn't with ChopperLifter dropping next week. A Euro game site says AMY is dropping next week too. if it does, I'll get that before ChopperLifter.

www.amy-thegame.com[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised Amy is going to be 800 and not 1200 msp. It looks interesting.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']How much do you like the challenge modes in Arkham City? You won't get any additional missions, just more characters to use in the challenges.[/QUOTE]

I personally enjoyed playing through B:AC with the animated Batman. It was pure nostalgia for me. I would gladly pay more to have all the villians in animated form from both the animated series and Batman beyond.

[quote name='jazzman']I personally enjoyed playing through B:ACAC with the animated Batman. It was pure nostalgia for me. I would gladly pay more to have all the villians in animated form from both the animated series and Batman beyond.[/QUOTE]

I forgot the other Batman skins were in there, I was just thinking about Robin and Nightwing. It's a lot cheaper to just buy the skins pack if you want Batman to look different in the campaign.

[quote name='yantelope']NFL Blitz without the late hits just seems hollow to me.[/QUOTE]

Is there a storyline to go along with the game or is it a pure multiplayer game?

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Bad Company 2 is now 1800 points. The OP is a misprint.[/QUOTE]

It was 1200 I just didn't notice it went back up. You could have PM'd me when you posted.

[quote name='Jabrim']Is there a storyline to go along with the game or is it a pure multiplayer game?[/QUOTE]

I think that there is no story. That's just the "Blitz: The League" games.

I keep waiting for Crysis to go on sale and I hoped this sale was finally the time. Should I just give up and buy it at full price or continue the wait?

[quote name='jr233270']I keep waiting for Crysis to go on sale and I hoped this sale was finally the time. Should I just give up and buy it at full price or continue the wait?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the original? (The Games On Demand version for $19.99)

I've been holding out on that as well, doubt it'll ever go on sale and if it does it'll be 6+ months and by then hopefully you would have been done with it.

[quote name='jr233270']I keep waiting for Crysis to go on sale and I hoped this sale was finally the time. Should I just give up and buy it at full price or continue the wait?[/QUOTE]

You might as well keep waiting. My reasoning is if I don't want to play a game so badly that I buy it the day of release, then I'm not going to pay full price for it no matter how long I have to wait.

Any word on when NBA JAM OFE is set to receive roster updates? I'm holding out until that happens.

Also, I can't seem to find a current roster list online anywhere, so maybe someone can help me out there as well.

[quote name='harry hood']Any word on when NBA JAM OFE is set to receive roster updates? I'm holding out until that happens.

Also, I can't seem to find a current roster list online anywhere, so maybe someone can help me out there as well.[/QUOTE]

As a Mavericks fan I'd rather the roster doesn't update...

wait until at least next week because it will be on sale for psn, so it could possibly be on sale for xbla too

[quote name='Palinn']Care to share which games you enjoyed and which to stay away from?[/QUOTE]

Sure.

Vigilante 8 - Car demolision game guns, rockets, etc. Didn't seem to have enough depth to stay fun for long. No way I'm buying.

Shrek N Roll - I would barely call this a game.

Sealife Safari - Kind of like Pokemon Snap, but just taking pictures of fish isn't quite as fun as licensed Pokemon. I will probably buy if this isn't confirmed as a price drop soon.

Golf: Tee It Up - Good, fun, fairly simple golf game. I plan on getting this later in the week.

Aces of the Galaxy - Like someone else said, it has a Star Fox 64 feel to it. I'm gonna pass on this one at 400.

Commanders: Attack of the Genos - My favorite out of the demos. Turn based strategy game. A lot of fun, but I need to read a few reviews to make sure it's properly balanced, no huge difficulty spikes, etc. Strategy games can go wrong a million different ways.

Switchball - A slower, poorer controlling version of Marble Blast Ultra, and you can't jump. I'm passing at 400.

[quote name='Barry Burton']wait until at least next week because it will be on sale for psn, so it could possibly be on sale for xbla too[/QUOTE]

This. I noticed you also have a PSN account listed. It will be $15 on PSN, $10.49 PS+ price next week. So get it over there if you're ok with playing it on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back