XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys think torchlight will be on sale anytime soon? knowing my luck i probably missed out on an earlier deal...was talking about Diablo III with my brother and made me want to try torchlight, played the demo and its pretty fun, though seems a bit easy : P

[quote name='media_wonder']you guys think torchlight will be on sale anytime soon? knowing my luck i probably missed out on an earlier deal...was talking about Diablo III with my brother and made me want to try torchlight, played the demo and its pretty fun, though seems a bit easy : P[/QUOTE]

I kind of hope not. It dropped in July to 800 for DotW and I jumped on it. 2 months later it dropped to 400. I still haven't played it. :(

[quote name='tylerh1701']I kind of hope not. It dropped in July to 800 for DotW and I jumped on it. 2 months later it dropped to 400. I still haven't played it. :([/QUOTE]

I know how backlogs are but you should for sure try to get to it. It was one of my favorite games on the xbla this year.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I know how backlogs are but you should for sure try to get to it. It was one of my favorite games on the xbla this year.[/QUOTE]

Its near the top of my list. I've played for about an hour total, but I think I'll restart when I do get around to it. Would you recommend playing on hard? I've heard medium is pretty simple.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Its near the top of my list. I've played for about an hour total, but I think I'll restart when I do get around to it. Would you recommend playing on hard? I've heard medium is pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

I played on medium and it wasn't very difficult, hard would be better if you are looking for a challenge. I had fun on medium though, great hack and slash Diablo clone. Now if they would just release a new Drakengard.....

No one can guess what games will be on sale next. I hate to add to the noise, but maybe we can just discuss current sales, and not ask for speculation on the future.

Wow perfect timing, right after i finally get into Mass Effect 1 (And starting 2 soon), i realize Arrival is on sale ^_^.

Happened to be the only DLC mission i was missing too

I can't find any region-locking information for the Alien Breed Trilogy (PAL), so import at your own risk! ;) (It's under $25 delivered at TheHut, so not too cheap anyway)

[quote name='Sath666']Why you didn't buy the retail release? http://zandergames.ru/uploads/posts/2011-03/1301080990_alien-breed-trilogy-1300026510.jpg

It's really cheap now. ;)[/QUOTE]
I was under the assumption that I wouldn't be able to play PAL games on my NTSC US 360.

ARE YOU TELLING ME I CAN

[quote name='PenguinJim']I can't find any region-locking information for the Alien Breed Trilogy (PAL), so import at your own risk! ;) (It's under $25 delivered at TheHut, so not too cheap anyway)[/QUOTE]
THIS GUY IS TELLING ME I CAN. I'll keep an eye out for a cheaper copy

[quote name='hufferstl']No one can guess what games will be on sale next. I hate to add to the noise, but maybe we can just discuss current sales, and not ask for speculation on the future.[/QUOTE]

I agree that speculating about unknown sales doesn't add anything, but I think asking about if a game has been on sale before is fine.

so I had a Dragon Age Origins GOTY with all the DLC, and I installed it all back when I had it, I ended up trading it in and never played most of the DLC... if I download the full game on demand would it work with the GOTY DLC or will I have to re-buy the dlc too?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so I had a Dragon Age Origins GOTY with all the DLC, and I installed it all back when I had it, I ended up trading it in and never played most of the DLC... if I download the full game on demand would it work with the GOTY DLC or will I have to re-buy the dlc too?[/QUOTE]

It should work fine with the Games on Demand version.

[quote name='ooga']I just grabbed the game off of Games on Demand. No disc to fool around with.[/QUOTE]

If you go into the store in the game's main menu you'll see mandatory MP update 2 that's about 2 GB and that's what you have to download first regardless if you want Vietnam or not b/c there's also regular tweeks and bug fixes. The actual Vietnam 1MB file then unlocks the Vietnam maps, weapons, and achievements for you.

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']any news on this weeks deals??[/QUOTE]

no. Tuesday.

Reddjoey - maybe throw something in the OP that says "if a sale isnt mentioned in the OP, then we have no information about it" but worded better.

Also, maybe it's time to throw those 7 mysterious price drops into the unexplained section of the op.

Just suggestions. Thanks

[quote name='LiteOnMe']New to the xbox marketplace so what time tomorrow does the sales end?[/QUOTE]

Xbldb shows last weeks dotw went back to full price around 1230pm PST on Tuesday. As for the special ea sale, no idea, so buy as soon as you can if you want something.

[quote name='tylerh1701']no. Tuesday.

Reddjoey - maybe throw something in the OP that says "if a sale isnt mentioned in the OP, then we have no information about it" but worded better.

Also, maybe it's time to throw those 7 mysterious price drops into the unexplained section of the op.

Just suggestions. Thanks[/QUOTE]

What 7 mysterious price drops would those be?

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']What 7 mysterious price drops would those be?[/QUOTE]

A handful of old games like Switchball, Shrek and Roll, Sea Life Safari, etc. We're pretty sure they're permanent price drops but there's nothing about them on the dashboard.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Xbldb shows last weeks dotw went back to full price around 1230pm PST on Tuesday. As for the special ea sale, no idea, so buy as soon as you can if you want something.[/QUOTE]

xbldb.com is delayed a bit thou. Xbox.com has to change then I have to find the change. I would say its safe to say at 12:30 PM PST they will be gone but not exactly sure when before that. I would say maybe up to 1 to 2 hours before 12:30. The scanner takes a while and sleeps between scans to not stress xbox.com.

[quote name='hufferstl']No one can guess what games will be on sale next. I hate to add to the noise, but maybe we can just discuss current sales, and not ask for speculation on the future.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, sometimes one can speculate on future sales. There have been cases where a sale on PSN may be mirrored on Xbox Live, due to a multi-platform publisher or the Live team wanting to match up to compete. Perhaps someone of knowledge can let information slip where they are planning a sale, say for example: someone from marketing tweeting about a planned offer.

There are times CAGs may want to gain information to make a decision on a game. One could ask about an XBLA title and get responses such as: "there has been a tendancy to have a couple of zombie-themed sales throughout the year, so that item may be placed on an upcoming sale", "that's available on disc, so it may be cheaper than the XBLA purchse", "the publisher has well since moved on from that game/franchise, it does seem unlikely that will show up on a promotion on the marketplace", "Summer of Arcade games have been on year end countdown sales for the past few years, based on the past if the pattern continues, I think these new ones may be offered on sale then", or "I'm scared, it's been 11 months since I've seen Risk Factions on sale, it could be due for a sale." So I do not find some speculation harmful.

If one is just looking for sale information, I feel reddjoey does an outstanding job maintaining the OP. In addition, spylon keeps a database which scans xbox.com for changes. So, pretty much most posts beyond the OP and some databases are just noise (I know I sure add a lot of noise).

Having said all that, I only recently got Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, and I think the complete costume DLC packs are at a discounted price on PSN. I'd very much like to see Cammy White in a winter-coat with FMBs, along with Juri, Ibuki, and others in their alternate garb for use in the game. However, I feel 1000MSP and 1440MSP for the packs would be way more than what I had paid for the game, and they are just cosumes after all. The prices on PSN had both packs at $5 each, for a total of $10, which I can tolerate a bit more. I guess I am just looking for support in staying strong and holding out for a sale on the DLC for the 360 version. Or maybe there are no reassurances?

Well, now that is is 2012, come Tuesday we will have our first new sale of the year. A whole new year of XBLA games that I will want and hopefully hold out for sales on. Still waiting on Dust: An Elysian Tail, Jet Set Radio (however hopeless), Under Defeat HD, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Fez, Skullgirls, Retro City Rampage, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD ... Heck, I may even humor Spelunky and Alan Wake: American Nightmare at the right price. Charlie Murder, Fire Pro Wrestling, Dungeon Fighter Online, Sonic 4: Episode 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offense will have to win you guys over before I consider them. So much new, yet there's still so much old I am waiting for them to put on sale. The year is young, here's to a good year of deals to everyone.

Just picked up Gatling Gears and Burnout Crash!. Excellent deal for me was considering buying Gatling Gears full price after the holiday sales were over. Getting it with Burnout Crash! for the same price is pretty nice.

[quote name='Devil-Itachi']Just picked up Gatling Gears and Burnout Crash!. Excellent deal for me was considering buying Gatling Gears full price after the holiday sales were over. Getting it with Burnout Crash! for the same price is pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Been debating doing that since I have 800 pts left but I just think Burnout Crash is so boring. So I'm on the fence about just buying Gatling Gears and waiting for another 400 point sale game to come along.

[quote name='tylerh1701']no. Tuesday.

Just suggestions. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I concur

ok, listed the items that we think are drops. If any of that interests you and you don't think they are drops, I guess today would be your last chance for it.

Adjusted the large font note at the top of the OP.

EDIT:

Looks like MS is doing the House Party promotion again. Here's the trailer. The trailer has Alan Wake's American Nighmare, Warp, Nexuiz, and I Am Alive.

Xbox.com/HouseParty still isn't updated, but I would look there if you are interested. For those unfamiliar, House Party is a promotion similar to Summer of Arcade where MS pushes out several high quality games to XBLA over several weeks in late Feb/early March.

[quote name='reddjoey']
Looks like MS is doing the House Party promotion again. Here's the trailer. The trailer has Alan Wake's American Nighmare, Warp, Nexuiz, and I Am Alive.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I Am Alive? Really? Hasn't that game been in development hell for years? I guess they got their act together. Have to wait and see the results I guess.

Never heard of Nexuiz before. Alan Wake should be decent, though I couldn't get through the original. I expect there are plenty that did. I've heard of Warp and iirc it was popular at E3 last year. Seems like a decent group overall.

I know I'm probably asking in the wrong place, but I dunno where else to ask...

Is the EA sale on PSN also? I would like the Dead Space 2 DLC but I have the game for PS3.

If not, is the DLC stand-alone? Or does it require the game? If it's stand-alone I guess I could get it on 360. Just wondering because some games do that and some don't.

Thanks guys

[quote name='Chrono Gear']

Never heard of Nexuiz before. [/QUOTE]

Nexuiz was a freeware FPS on PC and it looks like changes were made for a commercial release.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. I Am Alive? Really? Hasn't that game been in development hell for years? I guess they got their act together. Have to wait and see the results I guess.

Never heard of Nexuiz before. Alan Wake should be decent, though I couldn't get through the original. I expect there are plenty that did. I've heard of Warp and iirc it was popular at E3 last year. Seems like a decent group overall.[/QUOTE]

Was there any sort of 'bonus' to the House Party promotion last year?

I already had 3 of those games on my 'strongly interested' list, but i might be willing to go for all 4 and get Nexuiz if there is some bonus game thrown in for buying them all (like their is with the summer of arcade).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. I Am Alive? Really? Hasn't that game been in development hell for years? I guess they got their act together. Have to wait and see the results I guess.

Never heard of Nexuiz before. Alan Wake should be decent, though I couldn't get through the original. I expect there are plenty that did. I've heard of Warp and iirc it was popular at E3 last year. Seems like a decent group overall.[/QUOTE]

I am Alive was going to be a full fledge retail, but since then it turned into an arcade title and a different storyline. Gameplay actually looks good, and some violent aspect to it. Looks to be a pretty decent arcade title. Warp looks great btw.

Looking forwad to the House Pary lineup even though I will wait for the inevitable drops. :p

[quote name='cthomer5000']Was there any sort of 'bonus' to the House Party promotion last year?

I already had 3 of those games on my 'strongly interested' list, but i might be willing to go for all 4 and get Nexuiz if there is some bonus game thrown in for buying them all (like their is with the summer of arcade).[/QUOTE]

I don't recall one for the years past.

[quote name='DDustiNN']I know I'm probably asking in the wrong place, but I dunno where else to ask...

Is the EA sale on PSN also? I would like the Dead Space 2 DLC but I have the game for PS3.

If not, is the DLC stand-alone? Or does it require the game? If it's stand-alone I guess I could get it on 360. Just wondering because some games do that and some don't.

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

PSN and XBL sales are separate. You will need the disc to play the DLC.

[quote name='Crono-00']The prices on PSN had both packs at $5 each, for a total of $10, which I can tolerate a bit more. I guess I am just looking for support in staying strong and holding out for a sale on the DLC for the 360 version. Or maybe there are no reassurances?[/QUOTE]

Wait. They're skins.

[quote name='reddjoey']ok, listed the items that we think are drops. If any of that interests you and you don't think they are drops, I guess today would be your last chance for it.

Adjusted the large font note at the top of the OP.

EDIT:

Looks like MS is doing the House Party promotion again. Here's the trailer. The trailer has Alan Wake's American Nighmare, Warp, Nexuiz, and I Am Alive.

Xbox.com/HouseParty still isn't updated, but I would look there if you are interested. For those unfamiliar, House Party is a promotion similar to Summer of Arcade where MS pushes out several high quality games to XBLA over several weeks in late Feb/early March.[/QUOTE]

OP looks excellent. Thanks for sharing about the House Party info, now lets hope they're fairly priced. (I'm sure Alan Wake will be 1200msp, not sure about the others). Also, disappointed to not see Fez in that list. With all the hype it's gotten, I could see it be postponed all the way to SoA.

[quote name='reddjoey']I don't recall one for the years past.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there wasn't any sort of special deal for buying all the House Party games last year.

[quote name='reddjoey']I don't recall one for the years past.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there wasn't any sort of special deal for buying all the House Party games last year.

:lol:
That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Why are they dancing and rapping? What does that have to do with playing games?
Oh well, most of those games will likely be future DotWs though.

[quote name='drawingboard']:lol:
That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Why are they dancing and rapping? What does that have to do with playing games?
Oh well, most of those games will likely be future DotWs though.[/QUOTE]
If you play dance central or any game with a microphone, it catches the mood perfectly. :cool:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That movie totally captures what it's like to play Xbox. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Me and my whole crew are jammin' to single-player Alan Wake and I Am Alive! Everyone's gettin' laid up in this bitch.

[quote name='drawingboard']:lol:
Oh well, most of those games will likely be future DotWs though.[/QUOTE]

Wait, your living room isn't like this when you are playing xbox live aracade game???

At least the titles all look fun. Was hoping for more exclusives as I own all the systems and the exclusives help warrant owning all of them.

I picked up the dlc for dead space 2 last minute, why not, only a few hundy ms points. Crash is fun, but frustrating at times too. probably another 200 gs i won't be getting. :)

*The events depicted in this trailer are 100% fictitious. Any similarity to any gamer living or dead is completely coincidental. No actual girls were harmed during the filming of this trailer.

[quote name='lordopus99']Here is the trailer on youtube (in case you don't want to download)...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this. I definitely didn't want to download it to my queue and remember to watch it when I get home. Also, it was absoluetly awful.

[quote name='drawingboard']Oh well, most of those games will likely be future DotWs though.[/QUOTE]

You're really going out on a limb on that one...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That movie totally captures what it's like to play Xbox. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Crap, I think my xbox is defective. Woe is me, it is out of the warranty period too. When I play my Xbox, it tends to repel the ladies. Also I did not get a DJ hyping up my play. On the plus side, my Xbox does make enough noise to sound like a loud party, just from spinning the discs.

I only had a mild interest in the Alan Wake title. The gameplay footage has made me look into the games a bit. Unless there's a promotion offers MS points back, the titles have this "will be 1200MSP each" vibe to them. Maybe they can offer an avatar part like the silly "Xbox Block Party Rocks" code for the grill prop. Granted, last year I did have patience for better bargain prices for Hard Corps: Uprising, Beyond Good & Evil HD, and Torchlight ... but it was at least a half year's wait (I think Torchlight was practically a year's wait). I do look forward to these promotions of XBLA titles, because they tend to have marquee releases for the service, however, sometimes the Deal of the Week promotions sometime are more subdued to put more emphasis on the promo titles.

Thanks for the news, reddjoey.

[quote name='Crono-00']Crap, I think my xbox is defective. Woe is me, it is out of the warranty period too. When I play my Xbox, it tends to repel the ladies. Also I did not get a DJ hyping up my play. On the plus side, my Xbox does make enough noise to sound like a loud party, just from spinning the discs.

I only had a mild interest in the Alan Wake title, but the gameplay footage has made me look into the games a bit. Unless there's a promotion offers MS points back, the titles have this "will be 1200MSP each" vibe to them. Maybe they can offer an avatar part like the silly "Xbox Block Party Rocks" code for the grill prop. Granted, last year I did have patience for better bargain prices for Hard Corps: Uprising, Beyond Good & Evil HD, and Torchlight ... but it was at least a half year's wait (I think Torchlight was practically a year's wait). I do look forward to these promotions of XBLA titles, because they tend to have marquee releases for the service, however, sometimes the Deal of the Week promotions sometime are more subdued to put more emphasis on the promo titles.

Thanks for the news, reddjoey.[/QUOTE]

It was only 4 months before Torchlight went on sale the first time and only six months for a major discount. http://xbldb.com/offers/003-313

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back