XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']He dared to value his game at 1200 points instead of 800, the monster. Also, he thinks modern Japanese games 'suck' - an aberrant, criminal opinion.[/QUOTE]
That, and he's a bit of a jerk on Twitter. Personally, I'm fine with supporting artists who are jerks, so long as their art is good.

[quote name='eastx']He dared to value his game at 1200 points instead of 800, the monster. Also, he thinks modern Japanese games 'suck' - an aberrant, criminal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Or, if anyone wants something besides the sarcastic insult of his critics version, it's that he tactlessly told a Japanese guy that the games his country produces fucking suck and when people took issue with that statement he told them to suck his dick.

This is why you don't learn too much about the actors, musicians, and game developers that put out things you're interested in. Creative people, just like anyone else, can be enormous assholes too. It sucks to reward that kind of thing, but it's also terrible to miss out on something great. That said, the vast majority of people clamoring for this game have never touched it and are enamored with the look without having any idea if the game is fun and worth $10. Everything in perspective...

He comes off as quite conceited and seems to lack a basic understanding of how to function in society. I don't make it a habit to associate with people like that, and I certainly don't make it a habit to support people like that with my money. Others are more than welcome to support him with their money.

[quote name='mokmoof']That, and he's a bit of a jerk on Twitter. Personally, I'm fine with supporting artists who are jerks, so long as their art is good.[/QUOTE]

^This.

Also, a bit more on topic. Is it confirmed that there is no bonus to purchasing the next 4 promotion games within a given time period?

[quote name='louiedog']This is why you don't learn too much about the actors, musicians, and game developers that put out things you're interested in. Creative people, just like anyone else, can be enormous assholes too. It sucks to reward that kind of thing, but it's also terrible to miss out on something great. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with this statement more. Ignorance is definitely bliss in this case.

[quote name='Narsis84']Also, a bit more on topic. Is it confirmed that there is no bonus to purchasing the next 4 promotion games within a given time period?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's "confirmed" yet, but as of right now nothing has been announced. But there's still 2+ weeks, so they may announce something.

His outburst makes me not wanna buy this game even when it eventually goes on sale... I'll give 400 Bing Rewards redeemed points, nothing more. This man deserves none of my money.

[quote name='Narsis84']^This.

Also, a bit more on topic. Is it confirmed that there is no bonus to purchasing the next 4 promotion games within a given time period?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's confirmed that there ISN'T a reward until the promo starts and no one has said anything. Sometimes they don't announce that kind of thing until after the games and dates are out there.

[quote name='tylerh1701']He comes off as quite conceited and seems to lack a basic understanding of how to function in society. I don't make it a habit to associate with people like that, and I certainly don't make it a habit to support people like that with my money. Others are more than welcome to support him with their money.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize you had the time to get to know all of the people who make your games. How do you feel about the guy who did the floor textures in Dead Space 2? I heard he voted for Dubya in the last election, the jerk! Or did you pass on Mass Effect 3 because one of Bioware's writers thinks people should be able to skip boring gameplay segments in order to focus on the story?

Both of those examples are a little different since they're multi-person efforts rather than coming from a single-person or very small team. But my point is you can never know the people who make the games you play or the art you experience. IMO it's important to separate the person from the art. Otherwise nobody would listen to Wagner or read Lovecraft because their beliefs probably don't match up with our own, and then we'd all be losing out.

And outburst aside, I seem to remember you took up pitchfork against Fish about the Fez pricing issue before anything else. Forgive me if I'm mistaken since a lot of people were complaining about that one. But that is just a really silly thing to hold a grudge about.

Fez looks interesting, but I feel like the rotating world feature might give me motion sickness lol

I look forward to trying the demo.

April is shaping up to be a great month for XBLA games!

[quote name='eastx']
That's ridiculous. You're setting arbitrary rules for what a review is that frankly, no reviewer would agree with. Gee, the next time I have to write a review and not express my opinion, I'll be sure to remember your sage words of advice. You'll recognize the review because it will read like a Wikipedia entry and have no actual evaluations of the game itself, since those are all inherently opinions.[/QUOTE]

No they're not, you're 100% wrong there

You are there to give information about the game as a whole, not to express how you personally saw it.

How the game performs graphically is not an opinion, it's a fact. How a game controls in not an opinion, it's fact. The length of the game is not opinion it's fact. How it measures up to other releases in it's genre isn't opinion it's fact.

A review has to be built on facts, that's why there's so few good game reviewers these days. Everything thinks that "well I'll just say what I think and that's that" and the world doesn't give a damn about that, they care how they'll see the game.

That's why a site like IGN is garbage because everyone there lets their own feelings damage every review. Destructiod, Giant Bomb, and Gamespot have some very good reviewers (though not all) that are able to separate their personal feelings from a review.

Whenever I read in a review that "oh the voicework gets on my nerves" I understand that person is better off working a fryer and flipping burgers at a local fast food establishment.

I wish I knew when Wrestlefest was dropping. I have a friend at THQ and I asked him a week or so ago, and even he doesn't know. Looks like a blast!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No they're not, you're 100% wrong there

You are there to give information about the game as a whole, not to express how you personally saw it.

How the game performs graphically is not an opinion, it's a fact. How a game controls in not an opinion, it's fact. The length of the game is not opinion it's fact. How it measures up to other releases in it's genre isn't opinion it's fact.

A review has to be built on facts, that's why there's so few good game reviewers these days. Everything thinks that "well I'll just say what I think and that's that" and the world doesn't give a damn about that, they care how they'll see the game.

That's why a site like IGN is garbage because everyone there lets their own feelings damage every review. Destructiod, Giant Bomb, and Gamespot have some very good reviewers (though not all) that are able to separate their personal feelings from a review.

Whenever I read in a review that "oh the voicework gets on my nerves" I understand that person is better off working a fryer and flipping burgers at a local fast food establishment.[/QUOTE]

RedJoey already asked us to stop this discussion, so let's. I already addressed everything you say in this quote with my last comment on the subject. Like I said, not a single reviewer would willingly operate under the parameters you've set, so your points are really moot.

What you look for in a review and what I look for in a review are completely different. LOL. Sure it's important to state the factual information, but a review is inherently an opinion. It's not a review if they don't explain what they did and didn't like about a game. As long as they are clear about what they did and didn't like and why, that gives you something to work with. Otherwise it's just a spec sheet, and a pretty boring read as well.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']How the game performs graphically is not an opinion, it's a fact. How a game controls in not an opinion, it's fact. The length of the game is not opinion it's fact. How it measures up to other releases in it's genre isn't opinion it's fact.

A review has to be built on facts, that's why there's so few good game reviewers these days. [/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm glad I didn't get into this mess of an argument.

You really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion. A game runs at 30 fps. That's fact. A game with an unstable framerate. That's opinion. To some people the framerate is stable enough, to others it's not. That's why it's an opinion.

A game is 8 hours long. That's fact (actually, this is debatable as some people play faster than others). An 8-hour game is too short is opinion. Some people think it's fine, some think it's too long. That's why it's an opinion.

How a game measures up to its genre is not fact. How a game controls is not fact. To some the control is too loose. To others, the control is fine. Hence, it's an opinion.

It really irks mean when people don't even understand basic logic and principles. Like someone that says, "I literally laughed to death." There's nothing literal about it and you wouldn't even be saying it if it was literal.

I don't want to hear that game X sucks and that "it's a fact." It may very well suck but no matter how much it sucks, it's still an opinion.

That's all I had to say. Sorry about the threadjacking. It just irks mean how people like to bully in messageboards without credibility. If you're going to make an argument, at least make sense.

Soooooo.....

On track of the thread haha how is Joe Danger Special Edition? I tried the trial back on the PSN when it was first released and I thought it was pretty decent.

I hear the 360 version is even better with its new modes?

Opinions please?

[quote name='BrolyB593']Soooooo.....

On track of the thread haha how is Joe Danger Special Edition? I tried the trial back on the PSN when it was first released and I thought it was pretty decent.

I hear the 360 version is even better with its new modes?

Opinions please?[/QUOTE]

There's a demo. check it out! a lot of fun and extra content. I just wish it had online modes.

Fact: the XBLA version of Joe Danger has a few new playable characters and a new set of "laboratory levels" (I think there are about 50 of them total), which are much tougher than the levels in the standard career mode. However, the XBLA version of Joe Danger is missing the "upload to Youtube" feature that the PS3 version got.

[quote name='wEEman33']Fact: the XBLA version of Joe Danger has a few new playable characters and a new set of "laboratory levels" (I think there are about 50 of them total), which are much tougher than the levels in the standard career mode. However, the XBLA version of Joe Danger is missing the "upload to Youtube" feature that the PS3 version got.[/QUOTE]

Haha I enjoy that you prefaced with 'Fact' given the lovely discussions having gone on here lately.

Thank you guys for the input. I probably will pick it up tonight when I get back home!

I played quite a bit of Sega Rally yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It's basically a smaller, more arcadey Dirt game. It has several different modes, but only 5 tracks; which I actually like because it makes it easier to learn all the tracks. I recommend it to anyone who likes a good racing game.

I also played some Daytona, and I wasn't as impressed with it. It wasn't bad, but I liked Sega rally much more. Keep in mind I've never played the original arcade game before.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']I also played some Daytona, and I wasn't as impressed with it. It wasn't bad, but I liked Sega rally much more. Keep in mind I've never played the original arcade game before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Daytona 500 is all about the nostalgia, if you didn't play it in the arcades back in the day, you likely won't have much interest.

[quote name='Solder']When were last years April 1st deals leaked? Anyone remember?[/QUOTE]

March 29. We aren't getting any this year. Maybe we'll get some good news about deals on Tuesday.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No they're not, you're 100% wrong there

Whenever I read in a review that "oh the voicework gets on my nerves" I understand that person is better off working a fryer and flipping burgers at a local fast food establishment.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You actually believe this don't you?

*shakes head*

[quote name='tylerh1701']March 29. We aren't getting any this year. Maybe we'll get some good news about deals on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Blah. Thanks.

Still in for Skullgirls at full price (1200) and hoping for some good sales on the 15th.

[quote name='JPLS']I wish I knew when Wrestlefest was dropping. I have a friend at THQ and I asked him a week or so ago, and even he doesn't know. Looks like a blast![/QUOTE]

You and me both. I like to at least give the demo a try since I don't have an iOS device. Since I skipped WWE 12 this looks like it could fill the void a bit for me.

I'm glad we have this thread. I find it tough to tell what is on sale sometimes with the new dashboard layout.

Grabbed Joe Danger SE.

I'm going to give the Joe Danger demo another try, but it didn't really grab me the first time around.

I'm on the fence with Mass Effect...It looks really enticing as an action adventure game, but RPGs typically aren't my thing. I don't seem to have the attention span for games of that length.

[quote name='Xealot42']I'm glad we have this thread. I find it tough to tell what is on sale sometimes with the new dashboard layout.

Grabbed Joe Danger SE.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, liked the demo when I tried it when they released the game initially.

[quote name='seppuku']I'm going to give the Joe Danger demo another try, but it didn't really grab me the first time around.

I'm on the fence with Mass Effect...It looks really enticing as an action adventure game, but RPGs typically aren't my thing. I don't seem to have the attention span for games of that length.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 1 is the most RPG like of the series. Lots of menus and conversation trees.

Great game but 2 & 3 are much more streamlined and action oriented.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Mixed reviews for Tenorman's Revenge so far. IGN gave it a 7 but Game Informer gave it a 2. Anybody played it yet?[/QUOTE]

I have been playing it for three days. And imo its not a very good game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Mixed reviews for Tenorman's Revenge so far. IGN gave it a 7 but Game Informer gave it a 2. Anybody played it yet?[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck doesn't seem to be enjoying it.
The new South Park XBLA game is a masterpiece of early 90's game development strategy. Secure popular license & create crummy platformer.

The Giantbomb guys just released a quick look for it and none of them really enjoy(ed) it and it glitched on them while they played. I was only mildly interested before, but now I'll steer clear.

[quote name='hufferstl']I hope April's reward is another 5% rebate back....[/QUOTE]

Ooh, good point. I'll wait to grab Joe Danger just in case.

Thanks guys. That Quick Look made it look really mundane, even for multiplayer. I was planning on playing it solo, which would be even more boring. I was thinking about getting it at full price, but I'm gonna stear clear until it hits DotW.

[quote name='Ciffy']The Giantbomb guys just released a quick look for it and none of them really enjoy(ed) it and it glitched on them while they played. I was only mildly interested before, but now I'll steer clear.[/QUOTE]

yeah it looks pretty brutal. Anyone on the fence should go look at that video.

anyone else notice that homefront has randomly being reduced to $19.99 - 1600 msp.
could this be late addition to games on demand sale or just a random drop.

That Wrecked game has a terrible demo. It only allows for MP, so I decide to hop online and there were apparently only three people on waiting for another person to start. I ready up and they promptly kick me, which is a process I went through a few times just to check if they were really the only people online. I ended up just doing a quick negative player review on each of them so I could ignore those assholes and went into loading hell the next time I tried matchmaking so I knew that nobody else was on. This is kind of why I don't understand why any XBLA developer would only let you try out the MP and not at least offer a bit of both.

[quote name='RealDeals']Any recommendations on Sega Rally Online Arcade? Picked up Joe Danger and am liking it so far.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']I played quite a bit of Sega Rally yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It's basically a smaller, more arcadey Dirt game. It has several different modes, but only 5 tracks; which I actually like because it makes it easier to learn all the tracks. I recommend it to anyone who likes a good arcade racing game.[/QUOTE]

Bought Joe Danger, Sega Rally, and Daytona. 200/200f Daytona lol. Having a hard time with Joe Danger. Haven't started Sega Rally yet.

Ant news in next weeks sales yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back