XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']It's probably worth mention that Metal Slug 3 was the last one in the series that SNK was working on before they went bankrupt, so they were probably putting their all in since they probably figured it was gonna be their last one. It'd explain the VERY long last mission, which pretty much is as long as the previous levels combined. If there's one thing I'm disappointed in Metal Slug 3 (aside from it not having autofire on the XBLA version) is the fact that the 2 mini-games, "Storming the UFO Mothership" & "Fat Island", which were bonuses on the home version, wasn't included (though it was also left out in the Anthology Collection).[/QUOTE]

The last mission in Metal Slug 3 was on Mission 5. All other MS games are six missions long.

That extra long last mission was practically two missions long itself, and the ONLY reason it was that long together was because they just didn't give you a MISSION COMPLETE FINAL MISSION START where you blast off into space.

And they also loaded the game down with a bunch of drab assets cut from Metal Slug X (Or maybe inspired by. I think MSX began life as a Metal Slug 1 remake but I don't know how far they got with that.), which is why literally half the paths are ugly crap and the others are brilliant.

I love Metal Slug 3 though. MSXX is almost mostly drab crap but is still pretty good. Not to knock either but I just am in a tell it like it is mood or something.

Well the first map pack was on sale to many, if not all (i think). Prices did very, but atleast it was on sale. Wonder why the monthly price drops arent shown on the dash, even though xbld discovered them, or did they???????¿¿?

[quote name='Gabrius']I was for a while... but I gave up that silly hope days ago.[/QUOTE]
Me too, I picked up castle crashers with my UK account.

I only tried the demo for Blade Kitten & it was okay, but felt repetitive at times. It was hard to justify the original $15 price, but for $5, it seems more like a better price & I'm more tempted to pick it up.

Oh, boy, that Ghostbusters twin-stick game was one of the dullest experiences I can recall on XBLA. Just so uninspired and repetitive.

Star Raiders looks interesting if it is a throwback to classic Wing Commander games. It's probably been 15 years since I played Wing Commander on my old PowerMac and I'd love to ever find something similar again.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Oh, boy, that Ghostbusters twin-stick game was one of the dullest experiences I can recall on XBLA. Just so uninspired and repetitive.

Star Raiders looks interesting if it is a throwback to classic Wing Commander games. It's probably been 15 years since I played Wing Commander on my old PowerMac and I'd love to ever find something similar again.[/QUOTE]

Stay away from Star Raiders - it's one of the worst games on XBLA, same goes to Ghostbusters as well.

Blade Kitten wasn't bad. I bought it on sale for either 400 or 600 at one point, and yes, it does get repetitive, but it's a relatively short experience, and the achievements are pretty easy.

[quote name='Sath666']Posted yet?

Blade Kitten - 400msp (was 800)
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - 400msp (was 800)
Star Raiders - 400msp (was 800)
The UnderGarden - 240msp (was 400)

UnderGarden is well worth at 240MSP. It's more like experience than a actual game, but you cannot go wrong at this price.
Anyone have enjoyed Blade Kitten?[/QUOTE]

Own Ghostbusters from when the tawaiin marketplace gave it away free. Its really glitchy online and pretty boring in single player. I don't think its worth 400 points.
I did pick up undergarden though. Are this price drops or sale. That would be awesome if some more of this games drop to 240.

[quote name='KtMack23']I know the Ghost busters XBLA game is crap, but are there any redeeming qualities for a hardcore Ghost busters fan?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. It features a new team, not your favorite characters from the movie. There isn't even much in the way of fan service.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Star Raiders looks interesting if it is a throwback to classic Wing Commander games. It's probably been 15 years since I played Wing Commander on my old PowerMac and I'd love to ever find something similar again.[/QUOTE]

I was initially pretty excited for Star Raiders because I was hoping for the same thing. It is not. It's extremely dull and repetitive. I forced myself to keep playing but it never got better. The transforming ship mechanic wasn't used well and I felt like every mission had me doing pretty much the exact same thing.

And since I'm talking about them I thought Blade Kitten's characters and cut scenes showed promise, which I guess comes from the source comic more than the game design. However the platforming became repetitive. I only played about an hour and had no interest in going back.

In case no one has noticed, those four games are all published by Atari. Based on their track record with $10-$15 downloadable titles, they don't give much in the way of funding or support to development. They also put out everyone's favorite buggy mess Daggerdale. It's not all terrible. Yars' Revenge (not on sale) seemed more okay from what I played. I actually found The Undergarden to be a fun, relaxing experience to jump into once in awhile. It would be my pick of the lot. However, if I see that Atari is publishing an XBLA game I don't expect much from it as a result.

I feel like I'm really down on these games and I hate being that guy who just writes up a post complaining about stuff, but there's so little of redeeming value in some of those games which really bummed me out because while I wasn't hyped for any of them, I did want to like them.

Picked up the Undergarden for..........really no good reason other than it's cheap and I don't want to keep thinking if I should buy it or not!

Snagged The Undergarden for only $3. I played the demo when it first came out, though I don't remember anything about it. However, I didn't come away from it thinking, "this is a crappy game and not worth a second more of my time," so I just bought it even tho I don't remember it lol

Pass on the Star Raiders and Ghosbuster SoS. If they were $3 I'd buy them.....Wait, $3 combined I'd pick em up har har har

Man i tried blade kitten and i couldnt get that into it. I really wanted to, but just couldnt. For those on the fence, it seems like the game has quite alot of unlockables. Seems like you get your money's worth for 400 msp. Damn and i needed a game for 400 to finsh tge triple play. Guess its back to playing zombies on cod.

[quote name='harry hood']Picked up Undergarden because its an easy fun and beautiful way to pass some time when I'm stoned.[/QUOTE]

Now you have me kinda interested in buying the game. lol

The best way to describe Undergarden is as a puzzle sidescroller. There's no combat and no real platforming since you can fly. Local co-op too, decent choice for those of you with gaming impaired significant others.

Pretty dull week. Undergarden is the only somewhat decent game. Star Raiders sounds like a game I could have enjoyed if it was good, but with a 35 Metacrtic score, I'll pass.

[quote name='awp']Pretty dull week. Undergarden is the only somewhat decent game. Star Raiders sounds like a game I could have enjoyed if it was good, but with a 35 Metacrtic score, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

All of these sales, the Atari ones, are unannounced. Hopefully there are more unannounced sales tomorrow since the DotW is COD maps.

Picked up Undergarden after watching a game play video. Looks like it could be a nice game to just relax and play. Going to maybe get BladeKitten but I only have 300 points right now.

My guess is that these are price drops. Undergarden is permenantly $3 on PSN as well. Can't speak for the rest of them, I think Blade Kitten may be $5 on PSN already as well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My guess is that these are price drops. Undergarden is permenantly $3 on PSN as well. Can't speak for the rest of them, I think Blade Kitten may be $5 on PSN already as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I have never seen sales on Monday, other than one day sales. We will fins out tomorrow.

And yes I know that before sales started on Mondays but since the change to Tuesdays. ^

Buy Undergarden, try Blade Kitten, don't waste time or hard drive space downloading Ghostbusters or Star Raiders.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Wasn't Blade Kitten supposed to be part one of a game and the others ones got cancelled? So does it end on a cliffhanger? I haven't even bothered trying it yet.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that's Hydrophobia you're thinking of?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Wasn't Blade Kitten supposed to be part one of a game and the others ones got cancelled? So does it end on a cliffhanger? I haven't even bothered trying it yet.[/QUOTE]
Well, the game description on xbox.com says it's the first game in a series of episodes. Dunno about the sequel(s) getting canceled or what the ending is like

[quote name='Dustinator']Well, the game description on xbox.com says it's the first game in a series of episodes. Dunno about the sequel(s) getting canceled or what the ending is like[/QUOTE]
The developer kind of doesn't exist anymore.

It's probably been answered before, but I read back a bit and couldn't find any mention of it.

For the monthly reward in the "Be Entertained" section, do you have to be actively using the apps for something, or can you just leave the app running without it doing anything? In other words, can I leave Netflix on at the dashboard for 10 hours, or do I need to find some long ass movie?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's probably been answered before, but I read back a bit and couldn't find any mention of it.

For the monthly reward in the "Be Entertained" section, do you have to be actively using the apps for something, or can you just leave the app running without it doing anything? In other words, can I leave Netflix on at the dashboard for 10 hours, or do I need to find some long ass movie?[/QUOTE]

Dunno I'd watch a movie just to be safe. The Thin Red Line is 170 minutes.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's probably been answered before, but I read back a bit and couldn't find any mention of it.

For the monthly reward in the "Be Entertained" section, do you have to be actively using the apps for something, or can you just leave the app running without it doing anything? In other words, can I leave Netflix on at the dashboard for 10 hours, or do I need to find some long ass movie?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering this as well. Also, is it cumulative of all the video apps together? Or do you have to watch 10 hours with one video app?

[quote name='ZForce915']I don't think it is worth the power consumption cost to run the Xbox for 10 hours if you aren't actually watching something.[/QUOTE]

It's probably 20-70 cents depending on model and where you live. The high end is a launch unit in Los Angeles assuming it draws full power. The low end is living somewhere with cheaper power on a slim. It seems like a sound investment to get $3.75

edit: Last night I was estimating based on the 360's power supply rating and what I'd heard were high rates and a bad guess at low end rates. This morning I looked up real world numbers because I was curious and like to be conscious of my own energy use. I based calculations on 2010 numbers for both low and high energy prices in the US and real world 360 tests running Gears of War 2. I assume Netflix doesn't use more energy than that game.

If you live Wyoming with the cheapest rate and have a 360 S model you'll be spending around 5 cents to run it for 10 hours. If you live in Hawaii where it's most expensive and are still on a launch model it'll cost 44 cents. Using the average price in the nation and assuming people have a Jasper or better, it's 12 cents. My personal cost should be roughly 13 cents. If you have a copy of your energy bill plug your rate into the calculations link and check your 360's energy consumption in the other link I provided.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I hope everybody's buying Hydro Thunder Hurricane, it's awesome. The DLC is good too.[/QUOTE]

I was leaning toward it for 1200, but for 600 I ran right out and bought points.

Friend of mine recommended me Scarygirl few days ago. Tried the demo and actually liked it - decent art style and music. Gameplay is kind of average, but hey - for 400MSP was a good purchase.

[quote name='Sath666']Friend of mine recommended me Scarygirl few days ago. Tried the demo and actually liked it - decent art style and music. Gameplay is kind of average, but hey - for 400MSP was a good purchase.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get it for 400 points? It says 800 for me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Picked up Metal Slug XX and passed on 3. Definitely nothing but shitty COD content this week.[/QUOTE]

I am debating whether or not i want to pick up the metal slugs as well last minute. decisions, decisions...

[quote name='carldisc']I am debating whether or not i want to pick up the metal slugs as well last minute. decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

My suggestion would be to buy them if you are on the fence. It took years for these to get a sale and I suspect they never will again.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My suggestion would be to buy them if you are on the fence. It took years for these to get a sale and I suspect they never will again.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I picked up XX at the last minute because it was a now or never type move. 1200 is wayyyy too much.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My suggestion would be to buy them if you are on the fence. It took years for these to get a sale and I suspect they never will again.[/QUOTE]

You talked me into it. Picked them up at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back