XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the Hydro Thunder DLC were on sale. I picked up the game the day it came out and have absolutely loved it. I have been hoping to nab the dlc on sale at some point. : (

[quote name='Royal High Knight']On my dash theres a sale for halo 3. A whoomping 33% off its, and get ready to laugh....... $30 price point.[/QUOTE]

What the Hell? It has to be some kind of social experiment. Who would buy Halo 3 for $30? I wish I knew. I'd like to call that person and offer them my 10 year old Sony Trinitron for the low low price of $75.

I decided to pick up Metal Slug XX last minute as well. The Undergarden for 240MSP doesn't seem too bad, going to try the demo out first though.

[quote name='zubalove']What the Hell? It has to be some kind of social experiment. Who would buy Halo 3 for $30? I wish I knew. I'd like to call that person and offer them my 10 year old Sony Trinitron for the low low price of $75.[/QUOTE]

You can sell them mine too! Hahah

That is ridiculous!

I'm definitely gonna pick up the undergarden and its DLC, I almost bought it when it was Deal of the week before the first price drop.

I'll probably get Star Raiders too, I know it's not the best, but I love the genre and there aren't many games like it for Xbox.

Might also get Max Payne on PC, I bought the second one when it was $1 and I haven't touched it yet.

I already bought Blade Kitten when it was 600, and I'm avoiding Ghostbusters.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Picked up Metal Slug XX and passed on 3. Definitely nothing but shitty COD content this week.[/QUOTE]

I ended up doing the same. Would have bought Metal Slug 3 also, if I hadn't bought Hydro Thunder instead. I'm already regretting not buying MS3 though...

[quote name='zubalove']What the Hell? It has to be some kind of social experiment. Who would buy Halo 3 for $30? I wish I knew. I'd like to call that person and offer them my 10 year old Sony Trinitron for the low low price of $75.[/QUOTE]
That's the same price that they put Halo 3 on sale for to celebrate the Xbox's 10th Anniversary, which seemed like an offensive sale to honor the fans.

Crappiest sales lately.

Is anyone really buying old COD content? If you are still playing those legacy games, you probably bought the content in 1978.

[quote name='ianoid']Crappiest sales lately.

Is anyone really buying old COD content? If you are still playing those legacy games, you probably bought the content in 1978.[/QUOTE]

Last week's was the opposite of crappy, with several games that had never been on sale before. You have to take the good with the bad.

SNK sale had far more XBLA games on sale for the first time, whereas the EU sale's quality of games was arguably far higher. So it's definitely up for debate as to which sale was better.

As for this week's DotW, isn't WaW's online hacked to shit? Seems almost predatory for MS to put a sale on something that probably shouldn't be bought and played.

A bunch of the older Call of Duty games are on sale this week at Target, so I bet it's some sort of advertising push for those games from the Activision side.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Just curious, if I buy the Hyrdo thunder under the family pack, does everyone under the family plan get the game?[/QUOTE]

No, family pack only to share gold access, purchases are still individual.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think I'd recommend Blade Kitten at $5. Maybe $3 or less.[/QUOTE]

Hated Blade Kitten. Regretted picking it up for 400 MSP a while back.

Just seen they added jurassic park to GOD for 19.99 or 1600 points. Wish they had a demo on it.I know it got pretty horrible reviews. Anyone recommend it at all for this price? Too bad no demo for it. Damn I can't even find a demo for pc for it.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Just seen they added jurassic park to GOD for 19.99 or 1600 points. Wish they had a demo on it.I know it got pretty horrible reviews. Anyone recommend it at all for this price? Too bad no demo for it. Damn I can't even find a demo for pc for it.[/QUOTE]

If you shop Target clearance it seems to getting it's red badge at some stores already this week.

So likely you can pick up a disc copy for less than $20.

I know this is the wrong section, but can Microsoft remove MSP from an account? I bought a bunch of 160MSP codes as did many others here last night but apparently he obtained those codes illegally from cheating a contest and has been banned.

Should I be worried? Should I spend them now?

[quote name='infamy']I know this is the wrong section, but can Microsoft remove MSP from an account? I bought a bunch of 160MSP codes as did many others here last night but apparently he obtained those codes illegally from cheating a contest and has been banned.

Should I be worried? Should I spend them now?[/QUOTE]

Promotional points can expire and disappear from accounts. It's been a long time since I've seen that happen, but it used to. That means to me that Microsoft can remove points.

Should you be worried? No. This kind of thing happens a lot unfortunately. Microsoft has never removed points in the past that I'm aware of after people abused the system. If nothing else they probably don't want to risk alienating customers who bought the points on ebay, won them in contests, etc. and didn't realize they were obtaining codes that they shouldn't have.

Fez is pulling in some really good review scores so far. I can already feel myself slowly caving in and leaning towards buying the game, even though I told myself I wouldn't. I am weak.

They need to stop doing sales on COD and Halo... Everyone (who wants those) has those by now!!! Seeing some arcade games on sale would be nice.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Fez is pulling in some really good review scores so far. I can already feel myself slowly caving in and leaning towards buying the game, even though I told myself I wouldn't. I am weak.[/QUOTE]

Still not doing it. This is one case where I am going to stick to my guns. This is really his game and not many other people will benefit from its success. I think bad behavior should not be rewarded just because he is an "artist". The man has no humility. Of course if people want to buy his game I do not have a problem with that because this is only my opinion.

Activision sale? Eh, looks like COD sale. That's too bad. Absolutely nothing of interest. I'm still holding out for a Happy Action Theater or Double Fine discount (I know Costume Quest DLC was on sale a few weeks ago).

Shmups and fighting games - my weaknesses.

Skullgirls is the first 1200MSP game I have bought on Day 1 in a long.... oh, wait, nevermind. Sine Mora just came out last month =P

[quote name='Gabrius']Shmups and fighting games - my weaknesses.

Skullgirls is the first 1200MSP game I have bought on Day 1 in a long.... oh, wait, nevermind. Sine Mora just came out last month =P[/QUOTE]

Let us know how Skullgirls fares. I am very weary of fighting games from a non firmly established franchise. Despite decent scores on metacritic, it looks pretty amateurish from the screen shots.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still not doing it. This is one case where I am going to stick to my guns. This is really his game and not many other people will benefit from its success. I think bad behavior should not be rewarded just because he is an "artist". The man has no humility. Of course if people want to buy his game I do not have a problem with that because this is only my opinion.[/QUOTE]

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I definitely don't want that discussion to get started again.

I am actually surprised at how positive the reviews have been. The game looks really cool, but it kind of seem like the only "hook" to the game is rotating the world, and that seems like it would get old after a while. Maybe there's a lot more variety in the game that I don't know about.

Also, was hoping to see it get bumped up to 400 achievement points, but no luck.

[quote name='berzirk']Activision sale? Eh, looks like COD sale. That's too bad. Absolutely nothing of interest. I'm still holding out for a Happy Action Theater or Double Fine discount (I know Costume Quest DLC was on sale a few weeks ago).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think "COD Sale" would be better in the thread title than "Activition Sale"

[quote name='ooga']Let us know how Skullgirls fares. I am very weary of fighting games from a non firmly established franchise. Despite decent scores on metacritic, it looks pretty amateurish from the screen shots.[/QUOTE]

I'll report in with opinions and such after I get a chance to sit down with it tonight ^_^

Guys, you really need to check out Skullgirls. Do yourself a favor and download the demo, at least. The fan service and attention to pop culture via references are incredible, and the mechanics of the game itself are everything that make a good fighting game good. It's extremely solid and if you're even vaguely interested in the fighting game genre, you owe it to yourself to give it a chance.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Guys, you really need to check out Skullgirls. Do yourself a favor and download the demo, at least. The fan service and attention to pop culture via references are incredible, and the mechanics of the game itself are everything that make a good fighting game good. It's extremely solid and if you're even vaguely interested in the fighting game genre, you owe it to yourself to give it a chance.[/QUOTE]

Making me feel good about pulling that hair-trigger before I even get home... it's appreciated :p

I'm enjoying the clips of Skullgirls so far. Although some characters creep me the hell out, that "Purrseker Purrage" is just gold. I'm probably just going to wait until its on sale though. Haven't even touched anything I bought from the last two weeks.

[quote name='ooga']Let us know how Skullgirls fares. I am very weary of fighting games from a non firmly established franchise. Despite decent scores on metacritic, it looks pretty amateurish from the screen shots.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Guys, you really need to check out Skullgirls. Do yourself a favor and download the demo, at least. The fan service and attention to pop culture via references are incredible, and the mechanics of the game itself are everything that make a good fighting game good. It's extremely solid and if you're even vaguely interested in the fighting game genre, you owe it to yourself to give it a chance.[/QUOTE]
^
This. Reverge has been working their asses off to make the most solid fighter they possibly could, gameplay wise. Infinite + unblockable prevention, a great amount of depth, and an excellent tag system. Add in some amazing visuals (possibly the highest quality sprite work i've ever seen) and a soundtrack by Symphony of the Night's Michiru Yamane, and you've got something amazing.

While it may look amateurish, it's anything but. The guys making this are die-hard fans of the competitive fighting game scene, and know their stuff. A lot of the FGC expect that even despite being "non firmly established" (as you put it), Skullgirls is going to show Capcom up in terms of making a good quality fighter.

On the off tangent of Symphony of the Night, I'm pretty sure I heard Double say "A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS" as a win quote. If so, this may very well lock her in as one of my mains. =P

[quote name='eastx']The AI in Skullgirls is annoyingly hard though, isn't it?[/QUOTE]
From the bit I played on the PSN demo last night, Yeah. It was damn hard to get in. (Stupid Ms Peacock and her stupid zoning. >:| ) Double also wrecked me pretty hard. The (demo, anyway) AI isn't afraid to mop the floor with you.

lol I hope the Mass Effect 2 DLC goes on sale soon, I've been holding back on buying it thinking there will be a sale soon... Just picked up Max Payne and Max Payne 2. 20 bucks for both is a little too much, but I had a lot of microsoft points and with Max Payne 3 coming out, it might be a good idea to go through the first two.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Just seen they added jurassic park to GOD for 19.99 or 1600 points. Wish they had a demo on it.I know it got pretty horrible reviews. Anyone recommend it at all for this price? Too bad no demo for it. Damn I can't even find a demo for pc for it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like some info on this too.. I enjoyed the crappola out of Back to the Future. I see this is mainly a QTE fest. I enjoyed Heavy Rain.. will I like this at all? The multitude of terrible reviews aren't helping..

[quote name='eastx']The AI in Skullgirls is annoyingly hard though, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

It's standard as far as fighters goes, I personally didn't have any problems.

Now the last boss? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

[quote name='Markew001']I'd like some info on this too.. I enjoyed the crappola out of Back to the Future. I see this is mainly a QTE fest. I enjoyed Heavy Rain.. will I like this at all? The multitude of terrible reviews aren't helping..[/QUOTE]

As far as the way it plays it's basically Heavy Rain but not as well implemented. It doesn't play like BttF at all. As a Jurassic Park fan I liked it, but the negative comments I've seen are mostly true. I'm sure the disc will get cheap.

I will say that unless it's been patched, people should get it on the 360/PC over PS3. From the video I've seen and complaints it seems that the button prompts are small and difficult to see on that system.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's standard as far as fighters goes, I personally didn't have any problems.

Now the last boss? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!![/QUOTE]

Cheap but beatable SFIV/DoA4 "HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!"

-or-
SNK style "HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!"?

Damnit, why are you laughing?!​

[quote name='Markew001']I'd like some info on this too.. I enjoyed the crappola out of Back to the Future. I see this is mainly a QTE fest. I enjoyed Heavy Rain.. will I like this at all? The multitude of terrible reviews aren't helping..[/QUOTE]
I thought Back to the Future was pretty good. I don't recall hearing much backlash about it being terrible.

The problem with Jurassic Park, at least on PS3, was that they knew well enough to aim for a Heavy Rain-style adventure game, but didn't seem to understand why Quantic Dream designed the game the way they did. Heavy Rain had plenty of prompts to look at something or somewhere that only lasted as long as you held down the button, but JP asks you to hold it down for a fairly long time before it leads to something. They copied a lot of the good aspects of Heavy Rain's presentation and design, but didn't execute them nearly as well as they did. It's still fun, but it would've been nice to see them have more time to polish it up instead of rush it out for a fall release.

The other issue is that it was clearly designed for iPad and not consoles since the button prompts for a number of actions have a large icon for them with the button being a very tiny icon next to it that is hard to see on an HDTV.

I loved Heavy Rain. This game feels nothing like it imo. I only played the first 3 or 4 segments before I was too bored to go on.

Yes, they are both QTE style games but Heavy Rain's unusual inputs make it feel completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back