XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
hh.jpg

I glanced around outinthedark's walkthrough and I didn't see anything horrific. I didn't weep tears from the voice work. I'll be grabbing points tomorrow and downloading the game. It seems a bit stiff, not retail sexy but you know what, Rule of Rose was an awesome survival horror title and it got berated by reviewers. Plus I'm playing Deadly premonition right now and it's so bad its good factor is off the charts. Hopefully outinthedark can give us some final impressions once he's beat it. I'm hoping it doesnt pull a cliffhanger ending

[quote name='Gabrius']Speaking of shmups- what do you guys think about Otomedius Excellent having near $100 worth of DLC already?[/QUOTE]

Just checked the game page on xbox.com - total of 7320MSP for al dlc. Man, that's a scam. Not to mention it's one of the worst shmups on 360. :lol:

[quote name='Gabrius']Speaking of shmups- what do you guys think about Otomedius Excellent having near $100 worth of DLC already?[/QUOTE]

That's Konami of Japan's crazy DLC pricing methods at work, just like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. But the new stages are quite cool, and the new characters are interesting (though much harder to play than the regular ones). The skins and especially the music are extremely skippable though.

[quote name='RollingSkull']But, shumps ARE by and large worth less than $30. I may be the sort of loser who preordered Deathsmiles and imported those Espgaludas and them Mushishsidhsishdismehehismahesheme dot dodgers but I am not under any illusions about them.

You don't get to claim "they don't get the genre" as a magic cure-all for all dissenting opinions any more than Koei Warriors game fans do.[/QUOTE]

It's just a thing that happens. You can read any shmup review and instantly tell whether the writer likes the genre or not. Since it's become a niche thing, many places don't even have a writer who likes the genre so they just give it to some guy. But for exactly the same reason that I couldn't review Pro Evolution Soccer (and I did try), guys like that shouldn't be reviewing a game that they're predisposed not to like. The level of analysis just won't be what it should, and it further discourages new players from trying this type of game.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I glanced around outinthedark's walkthrough and I didn't see anything horrific. I didn't weep tears from the voice work. I'll be grabbing points tomorrow and downloading the game. It seems a bit stiff, not retail sexy but you know what, Rule of Rose was an awesome survival horror title and it got berated by reviewers. Plus I'm playing Deadly premonition right now and it's so bad its good factor is off the charts. Hopefully outinthedark can give us some final impressions once he's beat it. I'm hoping it doesnt pull a cliffhanger ending
.[/QUOTE]

What is it about the game that makes it look good to you though? You seem to want to buy it just because nobody likes it. Give us some reasons why buying a game with poor production values and so many rough edges is a worthwhile endeavor.

[quote name='tylerh1701']"If you want a downloadable game for $10, scroll randomly through the titles offered by your downloadable service of choice, randomly stop on a game and buy it. Your money will have almost certainly been better spent in lieu of buying Amy, which absolutely no one should play."

Tell us how you really feel, IGN.

[/QUOTE]

IGN are full of s... Some quotes from their preview/hands on:

- "Amy is Ico With Zombies and It's Totally Brilliant!"
- "Amy Makes Fighting Zombies Feel Fresh Again.''
- ''New survival horror game brings some new ideas to an old genre."

:lol:

[quote name='Sath666']IGN are full of s... Some quotes from their preview/hands on:

- "Amy is Ico With Zombies and It's Totally Brilliant!"
- "Amy Makes Fighting Zombies Feel Fresh Again.''
- ''New survival horror game brings some new ideas to an old genre."

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Did the same person review it that wrote the previews? Haven't looked, but I doubt it.

Also note that you pretty much have to be positive during the preview stage for a number of reasons. It's when the game comes out that the gloves come off.

[quote name='eastx']
Also note that you pretty much have to be positive during the preview stage for a number of reasons. It's when the game comes out that the gloves come off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i know. But you can see how funny can be if you have read both articles. :)

And i don't want to defend the game btw. Lack of checkpoints was the biggest reason why i skipped it.

[quote name='eastx']That's Konami of Japan's crazy DLC pricing methods at work, just like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. But the new stages are quite cool, and the new characters are interesting (though much harder to play than the regular ones). The skins and especially the music are extremely skippable though.[/QUOTE]

The music is awesome... but definitely overpriced. Since there's basically no way in hell it'll ever be on sale, I scooped it all up - everything except for the gamer pics.

The stages are a no-brainer IMO... but everything else is just fluff. Nice fluff, but unnecessary if you want to pass on it.

I know it's very anti-CAG, but at least I used points I got on the cheap to purchase it all ^_^

[quote name='Gabrius']The music is awesome... but definitely overpriced. Since there's basically no way in hell it'll ever be on sale, I scooped it all up - everything except for the gamer pics.[/QUOTE]

First I've read of someone really liking the DLC music, ha ha. Otomedius Gorgeous' DLC music was all taken from classic Konami games and therefor was a big treat for Gradius and Konami fans. Excellent's DLC music isn't taken from the source games - not even Castlevania, boo! And it sounds pretty much like more of the game's included soundtrack. Nothing wrong with liking that music, but man Gorgeous's downloadable tunes rocked.

[quote name='eastx']First I've read of someone really liking the DLC music, ha ha. Otomedius Gorgeous' DLC music was all taken from classic Konami games and therefor was a big treat for Gradius and Konami fans. Excellent's DLC music isn't taken from the source games - not even Castlevania, boo! And it sounds pretty much like more of the game's included soundtrack. Nothing wrong with liking that music, but man Gorgeous's downloadable tunes rocked.[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous' music was way better.... but I dig these tunes too. I'm just a sucker for game music I think >_>

...plus, I REALLY want Gradius 6 to come out - so I figure I'll take one for the team here ^_^

[quote name='eastx']Also note that you pretty much have to be positive during the preview stage for a number of reasons. It's when the game comes out that the gloves come off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I very rarely read previews. They're always overly positive, even if it's an obviously terrible game they will find one decent aspect about it and highlight it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Exactly. I very rarely read previews. They're always overly positive, even if it's an obviously terrible game they will find one decent aspect about it and highlight it.[/QUOTE]
I've wondered about that. Is it just because in an enthusiast press, the journalist is also a fan who wants games to be fun and good? Or is it about maintaining industry contacts, not offending anyone unless you absolutely have to?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've wondered about that. Is it just because in an enthusiast press, the journalist is also a fan who wants games to be fun and good? Or is it about maintaining industry contacts, not offending anyone unless you absolutely have to?[/QUOTE]

That's one part, because if you trash a dev's games in the preview stage, why would they let you preview subsequent games? But there's also the understanding that every work in progress will improve over time. Journalists assume/hope that issues will be fixed prior to a game's release, and harping on those problems when they won't be in the final product is counterproductive. And as such, it would be irresponsible to pass judgment on an incomplete game. But previews do sometimes mention little problems in passing - they just don't stress them in most cases for the aforementioned reasons.

Rather than reading previews to find out what's hot or not, we should simply be looking to them as informational pieces. You learn some stuff about the game that you otherwise wouldn't know before it came out. Based on the factual information they contain, you can decide on your own whether or not you're interested and want to play the game, simply learn more about it when it later, or ignore it.

Because I'm bored, I decided to go through ReddJoey's 2011 Deals list, and figure out what my Deal of the Week of the Year was. And the Winner is March 29th! (Behind Spoilers so nobody glances at the list and think they are current sales)

3/29 - Deal of the Week
-A World of Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Raskulls - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Worms 2: Battle Pack (DLC) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off

I bought all 3 games, but not the Worms DLC. A great week for me!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Because I'm bored, I decided to go through ReddJoey's 2011 Deals list, and figure out what my Deal of the Week of the Year was. And the Winner is March 29th! (Behind Spoilers so nobody glances at the list and think they are current sales)

3/29 - Deal of the Week
-A World of Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Raskulls - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Worms 2: Battle Pack (DLC) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off

I bought all 3 games, but not the Worms DLC. A great week for me!
[/QUOTE]

As great as spending time on this thread, for boredom, I'm sure you have a backlog to hit ^^. I wish I could do the same, but I can't play on my Xbox 360 for my lunch break. Off the top of my head, the winner for me was when I got what I was waiting for: Pinball FX2 packs. Pretty much winning DotWs are "what you have been waiting for." However, the shooting games sale with Radiant Silvergun, Guwange, etc. was in general great for all (just not I, since I bought a few at full) because it featured uncommon XBLA items to go on sale.

While i have a passing interest in the House Party games, most have this "will debut at 1200MSP" vibe to them, meaning I will likely wait. I figured DotW may suffer durring promotions like this (House Party, Block Party, Summer of Arcade, Game Feast, etc.), it appears the GTA sale may coincide with House Party. Let me try to guess the other 3 sales: Ass Cred 2: Creed Harder DLC sale, Fallout 3 DLC sale, and Halo 3 DLC sale ... I set the bar low, now it will all be surprisingly better ^^

[quote name='Crono-00']As great as spending time on this thread, for boredom, I'm sure you have a backlog to hit ^^. I wish I could do the same, but I can't play on my Xbox 360 for my lunch break. Off the top of my head, the winner for me was when I got what I was waiting for: Pinball FX2 packs. Pretty much winning DotWs are "what you have been waiting for." However, the shooting games sale with Radiant Silvergun, Guwange, etc. was in general great for all (just not I, since I bought a few at full) because it featured uncommon XBLA items to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

At work, 8-430 M-F, so can't get to my backlog. The Radiant Silvergun/Bangai-O DotW was my #2, but I really like Raskulls and Keflings.

For someone like me who finished World of Keflings and enjoyed it. Is there a point in picking up Kingdom for Keflings?

[quote name='ooga']For someone like me who finished World of Keflings and enjoyed it. Is there a point in picking up Kingdom for Keflings?[/QUOTE]

If you could pick it up for cheap (like if Ninjabee ever comes out with a compilation disc), then yea. The whole game is only as long as one of the worlds in World of Keflings.

This thread is what brought me to CAG and it always gets better. I fully approve of the new Metacritic linkage.

Thanks Reddjoey.

EDIT: GTA sales are more annoying to me the Risk Factions sales.

[quote name='ooga']For someone like me who finished World of Keflings and enjoyed it. Is there a point in picking up Kingdom for Keflings?[/QUOTE]

If you really want more Keflings I'd say it's worth the pickup. I played the newer one and went back and played the first one after. Definitely should be played in order because of gameplay improvements buy I still enjoyed it a lot.

I would at least hold out on it going on sale again (pretty sure it's been discounted more than once) though.

GTA sale again? :( Oh well, eventually they will get to the games I want: NBA Jam, Guardian Heros, and a couple others. Thanks to reddjoey and all the others that make this my favorite thread on the site.

[quote name='icp_00_111']GTA sale again? :( Oh well, eventually they will get to the games I want: NBA Jam, Guardian Heros, and a couple others. Thanks to reddjoey and all the others that make this my favorite thread on the site.[/QUOTE]

I'm such a sucker. I bit on NBA Jam at full price. I figured if it didn't make the EA sale, it was probably going to be a while. I guess time will tell! But yes, Guardian Heroes for 400 points would be sweet.

NBA Jam has quite a bit of content and is worth the 1200 points IMO (if you're a fan of the series' gameplay). I've put a good 10+ hours into it and still haven't completed the Road Trip mode or unlocked all the secret players and teams.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'll just leave this here...[/QUOTE]

I love you for this info and for the thread.

I hope it's not 1200 points..... who am I kidding, I will probably still buy it at that price.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've wondered about that. Is it just because in an enthusiast press, the journalist is also a fan who wants games to be fun and good? Or is it about maintaining industry contacts, not offending anyone unless you absolutely have to?[/QUOTE]

Though I have seen some negative previews here and there, the reason they are overly positive has to be because of the reluctance to offend. What publisher is going to continue to grant a gaming journalist early access to their product if they are going to trash it? Especially a publisher with plenty of money in the bank to generate their own hype through marketing?

Same with early review copies, the pressure to stay on the good side of the industry has resulted in way too many 9's and 8's being awarded to games. Though I suppose gamers themselves are also to blame when they dismiss anything below an 8 as being mediocre.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']I love you for this info and for the thread.

I hope it's not 1200 points..... who am I kidding, I will probably still buy it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I would guess they'll release it at 800. That's what Xmen released at.

Not trying to defend EA here as I wasn't even aware that they promised roster updates that were never delivered, but if you're holding off on NBA Jam because of rosters, you're doing it wrong...

Just bought Orcs Must Die, it had me after i beat a level in the demo and suddenly the guy started dancing.:lol:

Might buy Dungeon Defenders if my brother likes it, even though the camera angles kinda annoyed me. Does this still have an online community?

[quote name='crookshow']Not trying to defend EA here as I wasn't even aware that they promised roster updates that were never delivered, but if you're holding off on NBA Jam because of rosters, you're doing it wrong...[/QUOTE]
They advertised it in giant bold white letters in the launch trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUWmyHOusU

I'll pick it up eventually, roster update or not. If they keep their promise and update it soon, I'm in for it at 1200, but if not, I don't mind waiting around for a sale. This game is terrific (from what I've gathered in the demo), but I want updated rosters.

Jim Sterling's full review of AMY is out and I must say, it's well written. Nothing he said was really for attention purposes. He addressed the issues and the rationale the studio probably had in implementing them in the first place. Give it a read rather than looking at the score (it's really low).

I'm still interested in this game in the future, at least the story is good apparently, but i hope they patch it up ala Hydrophia.

The DLC pack that adds CheapyD as a homie to Saints Row The Third comes out on the 17th and will be free.

[youtube]mK-EtVOQLT4[/youtube]

[quote name='louiedog']The DLC pack that adds CheapyD as a homie to Saints Row The Third comes out on the 17th and will be free.

[youtube]mK-EtVOQLT4[/youtube][/QUOTE]
wtf

just picked up Defense Grid after beating the demo to death. that is one slick tower defense game for only $5!

the only issue I have with it is I'm having a hard time identifying the guns I put down. I have to zoom way in and even then sometimes I click on it to see what weapon it is. I wish they made more unique weapons for the various guns.

still debating on South Park because it's pretty cool as a multiplayer. but it kind of sucks as a single player game. chances are I'll pass as there are other games I'm more interested in.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'll just leave this here...[/QUOTE]Now if we can just have a freakin' official announcement that this is coming. I seriously want a release date on this. Also neat to see the Japanese ROM is included (like with X-Men).

[quote name='louiedog']The DLC pack that adds CheapyD as a homie to Saints Row The Third comes out on the 17th and will be free.

[youtube]mK-EtVOQLT4[/youtube][/QUOTE]

that is, i mean... wow i dont even.... god damn that is awesome lol
:applause::lol::applause::lol:

MR. SPARKLE !!!!!!!! This will be awesome , 4 player Simpsons Mania . Now if the companies that own Spider-Man 4 player ( Sega ) , Xenophobe ( Midway / WB ? ) and Apb ( Atari ,the original not the mmorp ) will get it in gear I may die happy ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back