XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Try to buy points off the dashboard and see if the card still shows up. My friend is stuck with it like that now. I had other friends remove cards in the past and does that as well. What a shame how the gov used to step in on companies that make it super hard to remove info or cancel. It seems the gov is run by companies these days. What a shame. :([/QUOTE]

The government can't even keep their own house in order, it's the credit card company you want to get involved. Call them up, talk to their security, and they will have much more success in getting MS to shape up - or just cancel the card and replace it.

Bought Orcs Must Die earlier in the week. Demo was good.

Been clearing space in preparation for good sales and stuff. Hoping that the Feb. House Party is awesome. Still rocking a 20gb hard drive along with a 16gb USB stick= lots of musical storage chairs.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I thought I removed my card through the phone as well, but when I was hacked it was still attached to the account. When people say it is difficult, they mean that the card is still there despite some rep telling you it is removed.[/QUOTE]

They do remove it to the naked eye but once you try to buy points from the dashboard it pops up the card that was removed. All records show its gone on xbox site and everything. This i think is a serious issue and against what people wanted. Like i said a shame how companies can do whatever they want and rarely do we see people gathering to sue a company. Except people getting overweight going after burger king or whatever cause they made them overweight.

I suggest everyone that had ms remove the card try the test buying points from the consoles dashboard. I wish you all luck and this tidbit of info is very hidden. I posted on ms website almost 2 years about this and they removed my threads.

[quote name='daemonocracy']the government can't even keep their own house in order, it's the credit card company you want to get involved. Call them up, talk to their security, and they will have much more success in getting ms to shape up - or just cancel the card and replace it.[/quote]
amen :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They do remove it to the naked eye but once you try to buy points from the dashboard it pops up the card that was removed. All records show its gone on xbox site and everything. This i think is a serious issue and against what people wanted. Like i said a shame how companies can do whatever they want and rarely do we see people gathering to sue a company. Except people getting overweight going after burger king or whatever cause they made them overweight.

I suggest everyone that had ms remove the card try the test buying points from the consoles dashboard. I wish you all luck and this tidbit of info is very hidden. I posted on ms website almost 2 years about this and they removed my threads.[/QUOTE]
Must be a conspiracy.

There was supposed to be a Double Dragon 2 remake released over XBLA back in September, anyone have any idea what is going on with this title? I can't find anything on it, was wondering if someone had inside info to share.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']There was supposed to be a Double Dragon 2 remake released over XBLA back in September, anyone have any idea what is going on with this title? I can't find anything on it, was wondering if someone had inside info to share.[/QUOTE]

I think you know as much as we do. Just search for "Wander of the Dragons" on your preferred search engine (maybe the one that could give you MS points, if you're feeling frisky as a CAG). I think East-X's site was the one to break the news. According to the article, Gravity appears to be a developer, they had their time with me when I played some Ragonarok Online, I knew it wasn't solid in terms of play mechanics, but I enjoyed and I had my time with it; however, I have no faith in them to produce again. The original developers of the Double Dragon series, Technos Japan, seems to have gone the way of the dodo, a shame since I love brawlers and they posess a special place in my memory with the Kunio-kun games, Double Dragon series, and other brawlers from that mystical ancient land called the arcade like WWF Superstars. I have been feeling a bit sad a lot of my memorable Japanese dev houses either gone under (e.g.: Technosoft, Kid, Compile [tho sorta back as "CompileHeart" but produces nothing like the original and maybe just uses the name] or decided to resturcture to do social gaming (e.g. Cave Co. Ltd, Hudson).

On deals, I appreciate CheapyD will be a free DLC for Saints Row: The Third. I must :applause: for CAG recognition (and great charity help). I am ready to "save cahs and kick some ass." The DLC has been anemic for the game lately. The other weapon packs are costly to me for the asking price, especially the one that comes with a book. I'm still waiting on the season pass to kick in, but I fear whoever said "THQ has a tendancy to make some of the worst DLC" may be somewhat accurate.

[quote name='kidrocklive']My account just got hacked :whistle2:/ ::waits for crazy good sales::[/QUOTE]
Eesh, sorry to hear that man.

[quote name='kidrocklive']My account just got hacked :whistle2:/ ::waits for crazy good sales::[/QUOTE]
you're one of many man
jeez

I'd do this myself, but I don't know how, but we really should do a poll on CAG on who's account has been compromised like we did way back when during the widespread RRoD incidents. That and to see who has an Origin account or not to see, which theory proves true in the hackings.

They send you a 1 month code while they investigate if you want to still buy stuff for that console. It just won't be attached to your account, just the console. If you want to wait, my investigation took about 8 days to finish up.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']There was supposed to be a Double Dragon 2 remake released over XBLA back in September, anyone have any idea what is going on with this title? I can't find anything on it, was wondering if someone had inside info to share.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Crono-00'] I think East-X's site was the one to break the news.[/QUOTE]
That's EastX! We don't all have dashes in our names.

Anyway, Double Dragon 2 is still in certification and will come out sometime this quarter. Co-Optimus will hopefully be the first to know when it passes cert. Working on getting a new trailer from the devs too.

So I was not able to remove my credit card from Xbox but when I added my PayPal account it cancelled the credit card. So I went into Paypal and cancelled my agreement with them on PayPal's end. I still show PayPal as my Xbox payment but I think(?) that MS won't be able to actually charge my PayPal account.

I switched my credit card for a gift credit card that has $1 left on it.
So what do they do when they hack your account? Spend your points and buy stuff?

[quote name='ooga']I switched my credit card for a gift credit card that has $1 left on it.
So what do they do when they hack your account? Spend your points and buy stuff?[/QUOTE]
rgr

When I got hacked, I didn't get hit as hard as the others as they didn't use any of my real money. They just used up all of my points on the Fifa cards and then transferred it to their consoles. MS really came through with the support though. Unlike the other cases I've been reading, it only took them 4 days to resolve my case. I called in and reported the hack on a Tuesday I think and now I have my account back and all of the points I lost :)

[quote name='eastx']That's EastX! We don't all have dashes in our names.

Anyway, Double Dragon 2 is still in certification and will come out sometime this quarter. Co-Optimus will hopefully be the first to know when it passes cert. Working on getting a new trailer from the devs too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Eastx (without the dash), I'll keep an eye on your site for the info. I was hoping maybe they delayed it to add online coop.

[quote name='Crono-00']I think you know as much as we do. Just search for "Wander of the Dragons" on your preferred search engine (maybe the one that could give you MS points, if you're feeling frisky as a CAG). I think East-X's site was the one to break the news. According to the article, Gravity appears to be a developer, they had their time with me when I played some Ragonarok Online, I knew it wasn't solid in terms of play mechanics, but I enjoyed and I had my time with it; however, I have no faith in them to produce again. The original developers of the Double Dragon series, Technos Japan, seems to have gone the way of the dodo, a shame since I love brawlers and they posess a special place in my memory with the Kunio-kun games, Double Dragon series, and other brawlers from that mystical ancient land called the arcade like WWF Superstars. I have been feeling a bit sad a lot of my memorable Japanese dev houses either gone under (e.g.: Technosoft, Kid, Compile [tho sorta back as "CompileHeart" but produces nothing like the original and maybe just uses the name] or decided to resturcture to do social gaming (e.g. Cave Co. Ltd, Hudson).
[/QUOTE]

I have probably racked up most of my Bing Points on DD2 searches, so I'm being a good CAG in that respect. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't quietly shelved the way Magicka was (for XBLA).

I definitely share your pain with the lack of good old school brawlers to play and though the DD2 remake looks like it might turn into another Turtles in Time, it's still something I have to check it out. Scott Pilgrim got it right and hopefully they inspired future beat 'em ups that the old formula can still work.

I remember Double Dragon, WWF Superstars and later WWF Wrestlefest as being my very favorite arcade games. I also loved Saturday Night Slam Masters. I couldn't get to the arcades much, but when I did, I lived on these machines. The R-Type series was great as well, but much more affordable to play at home.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I have probably racked up most of my Bing Points on DD2 searches, so I'm being a good CAG in that respect. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't quietly shelved the way Magicka was (for XBLA).

I definitely share your pain with the lack of good old school brawlers to play and though the DD2 remake looks like it might turn into another Turtles in Time, it's still something I have to check it out. Scott Pilgrim got it right and hopefully they inspired future beat 'em ups that the old formula can still work.

I remember Double Dragon, WWF Superstars and later WWF Wrestlefest as being my very favorite arcade games. I also loved Saturday Night Slam Masters. I couldn't get to the arcades much, but when I did, I lived on these machines. The R-Type series was great as well, but much more affordable to play at home.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the R-type series. Irem is another one of those Japanese developers which I liked that went belly-up (for massive damage). They were real good at pixel art too. Tozai Games's remake of the Irem classics in R-type Dimensions on XBLA, is in the same style how I like my remake releases: one can play it all new-style or switch to the original with sharp pixels (or an option to play the original unfiltered an uninterpreted) like Guardian Heroes, the Monkey Island XBLA titles, Halo Anniversary. That is where Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled failed; but I hypothsize the reason for that was Ubisoft did not have permission/rights from Konami to redo the arcade nor SFC/SNES title at all, since there was no mention anywhere of Konami nor any original staff on the credits along with the fact the game never showed up on the Japanese XBLA marketplace. (Remakes like Perfect Dark and Beyond Good & Evil HD are in my favor too because they respect the original and just slightly clean up the textures for a higher resolution.) R-type Dimensions, sadly, had only once been on Deal of the Week, back when the discount of 1200MSP games were to 800MSP only; I reluctantly jumped on that and found playing it in old pixel art format better, because I feel the hit boxes were more precise than in new polygon form (but still nice to see).

I too enjoy brawlers a lot, despite others' complaints of reptitiveness of button sequence mashing and lack of depth, but maybe my enjoyment of the genre is due to my ancient age which allowed me to experience an arcade. Which is why Scott Pilgrm Vs. The World: The Game I felt resonated with me. It has been on sale a couple times for cheap but its main flaw being the lack of online play does hurt it.

The Wander of the Dragons does have a scent of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled based on the early footage. It may have to hit that Black Friday price Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled dropped to (160MSP) to gain any interest from this community. Yet, who knows, it was just early footage and the final product could be vastly superior, at least I hope so.

Tell me about this Magicka and why i should be interested in it. I just thought it was the blue bar in Oblivion and Morrowind.

[quote name='bardockkun']Eesh, sorry to hear that man.[/QUOTE]

what's worse is my debit card was on there so now I have even more to deal with. I mean I'm sure in the end it will all be worked out but sucks I even have to do this crap. On top of that I been sick over a week and now have pink eye too. 2012 hates me lol.

Just following up on an earlier post. After calling Xbox Support and removing my CC as a payment option, I tried to purchase MS points both through the website and the dashboard and my CC info is no longer there. Which is good news.

Also, I've had XBL profile log-in enabled since the day I bought the system. Don't know if any of you use this feature (it requires you to enter a password every time you access your Live account on any console), but it's an extra layer of security and certainly couldn't hurt.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Just following up on an earlier post. After calling Xbox Support and removing my CC as a payment option, I tried to purchase MS points both through the website and the dashboard and my CC info is no longer there. Which is good news.

Also, I've had XBL profile log-in enabled since the day I bought the system. Don't know if any of you use this feature (it requires you to enter a password every time you access your Live account on any console), but it's an extra layer of security and certainly couldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]
Even with that feature you still got hacked?

[quote name='GUNNM']Even with that feature you still got hacked?[/QUOTE]

I think he was just taking precautions after hearing about all of the hacks.

No, fortunately I've never been hacked. Sorry if I gave that impression. I did remove my CC info from XBL since reading this thread, and from what I can see it's gone for good. But my billing address is still in the system (although that can easily be changed from the dash), and resilient hackers could conceivably get info from there.

I am probably going to have to set up an auto-ten-bing search to get the points I need to buy DD2.

I love brawlers but prefer a different style to Scott Pilgrim. The Double Dragon brand has bounced around a lot but I have not been disappointed by it.

I just started getting into XBLA games after playing Limbo and Trials HD and my question is, how often do certain games go on sale? For example, if I skip picking up Dungeon Defenders this time, is it likely to go on sale again in the near future or not likely at all so I'm better off picking it up now? Do they recycle games in their sales or are the sales always unique?

Also what are the chances Shadow Complex, Bastion and Castle Crashers go on sale soon?

[quote name='NoHo']I just started getting into XBLA games after playing Limbo and Trials HD and my question is, how often do certain games go on sale? For example, if I skip picking up Dungeon Defenders this time, is it likely to go on sale again in the near future or not likely at all so I'm better off picking it up now? Do they recycle games in their sales or are the sales always unique?

Also what are the chances Shadow Complex, Bastion and Castle Crashers go on sale soon?[/QUOTE]

I personally haven't seen Castle Crashers on sale, but Bastion went on sale during the holiday countdown period. Was the first sale. Might be a while before it goes on sale again, so the idea is to get in on it the first time it does if it is at least 50% off.

[quote name='NoHo']I just started getting into XBLA games after playing Limbo and Trials HD and my question is, how often do certain games go on sale? For example, if I skip picking up Dungeon Defenders this time, is it likely to go on sale again in the near future or not likely at all so I'm better off picking it up now? Do they recycle games in their sales or are the sales always unique?

Also what are the chances Shadow Complex, Bastion and Castle Crashers go on sale soon?[/QUOTE]

(As if Spylon's site hasn't been plugged enough...) But you might want to check out http://xbldb.com/ It collects price data for XBLA games. You can look at when/how often a game has been on sale. That should give you a pretty good idea of whether or not it'll be a Deal of the Week again.

Here's the page for Castle Crashers, as an example: http://xbldb.com/offers/001-7d5

[quote name='sylveranking']I personally haven't seen Castle Crashers on sale, but Bastion went on sale during the holiday countdown period. Was the first sale. Might be a while before it goes on sale again, so the idea is to get in on it the first time it does if it is at least 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. With Dungeon Defenders only being 33% off, should I wait until it foes down to 50% off or is that not very likely and it's probably best to bite at 33% while it's available.

[quote name='vamn'](As if Spylon's site hasn't been plugged enough...) But you might want to check out http://xbldb.com/ It collects price data for XBLA games. You can look at when/how often a game has been on sale. That should give you a pretty good idea of whether or not it'll be a Deal of the Week again.

Here's the page for Castle Crashers, as an example: http://xbldb.com/offers/001-7d5[/QUOTE]

Very helpful. Bookmarked. Thanks.

[quote name='NoHo']Thank you. With Dungeon Defenders only being 33% off, should I wait until it foes down to 50% off or is that not very likely and it's probably best to bite at 33% while it's available.[/QUOTE]

I could see Dungeon Defenders at 50% at some point. However, its strength is multi/coop play. Never can tell how many months it'll be until it goes back on sale, and by waiting to save $2.50, you may miss out on the joy of the game as the community depletes. If you have the points and you liked the demo, go grab it.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I could see Dungeon Defenders at 50% at some point. However, its strength is multi/coop play. Never can tell how many months it'll be until it goes back on sale, and by waiting to save $2.50, you may miss out on the joy of the game as the community depletes. If you have the points and you liked the demo, go grab it.[/QUOTE]

MS recycles sales all the time, but this is a great point about DD specifically. If it were single player based, I would recommend wait, but since it is MP focused, you may want to bite, as the community is sure to die down sooner rather than later.

Also, if you're just interested in castle crashers because it's on all the XBLA must have lists, then I'd advise skipping it. Shadow complex, on the other hand, is absolute gold!

[quote name='Sanges99']Pssst Reddjoey, you have a typo in the main thread: "January 11th: Cholifter HD", y'know, if OCD takes over at some point in the near future.[/QUOTE]

You never heard of Cholifter HD?

[quote name='tylerh1701']shadow complex, on the other hand, is absolute gold![/quote]

This. I think I still consider it the best XBLA game to date.

[quote name='vamn']Here's the page for Castle Crashers, as an example: http://xbldb.com/offers/001-7d5[/QUOTE]

Strange that it doesn't show the 2009 Countdown To New Year's One-Day sale price when I bought mine for 560msp on 12/30/09. It was the first real XBLA game I bought.

[quote name='vamn'](As if Spylon's site hasn't been plugged enough...) But you might want to check out http://xbldb.com/ It collects price data for XBLA games. You can look at when/how often a game has been on sale. That should give you a pretty good idea of whether or not it'll be a Deal of the Week again.

Here's the page for Castle Crashers, as an example: http://xbldb.com/offers/001-7d5[/QUOTE]

Thanks vamn. :cool: I appreciate all the love my site gets from this thread.

[quote name='Kerig']Strange that it doesn't show the 2009 Countdown To New Year's One-Day sale price when I bought mine for 560msp on 12/30/09. It was the first real XBLA game I bought.[/QUOTE]

The site became fully automated in October of 2010. All data from that point forward should be accurate. Prior to October 2010 I maintained a spreadsheet with DOTW sales and non DOTW sales. I have imported the DOTW sales into the database but I have NOT imported the non DOTW sales. I have been meaning to add the missing data but haven't had a chance.

If anybody finds missing data please post a comment and I can manually add it to the database.

[quote name='dennisb407']How's the South Park game? Not a fan of the show, but curious bout the game[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. If you're not a fan you're probably not going to like it much.

[quote name='ooga']Try the demo. If you're not a fan you're probably not going to like it much.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I did and I'm going to have to agree with you.

[quote name='reddjoey']You never heard of Cholifter HD?[/QUOTE]

I've heard of chode-lifter 69D, but it was one of those creepy japanese-only, adult game. Came with one of those "love pillows" and everything. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back