XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just threw away 1200pts...fuck!

I ended up buying the GTA IV DLC this morning only to realize that I had traded in my GTAIV and upgraded to the complete edition when it went on sale a few months back. :wall:[/QUOTE]

wow, I will never ever mention my backlog again because clearly...yours is bigger than mine.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Dude that really sucks bad. I keep an excel sheet of all my game for quick reference...I know it is a nerd thing to have a spread sheet of my video games but I would be lost trying to navigate all the DLC, XBLA games and retail games I have. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea, usually my memory has been pretty good, but this snafu means I need a system to keep track or I need to stop buying content because its on sale :lol:

[quote name='bh47']LOL. Okay, this is a sure sign that your backlog is too damn big, when you can no longer track what you have/have not.[/QUOTE]

I have gaming ADD, I jump from game to game...I rarely finish anything and I always say to myself "I'm going to go back to finish it one day"... :whistle2:(

[quote name='Daemonocracy']wow, I will never ever mention my backlog again because clearly...yours is bigger than mine.[/QUOTE]

:lol: It's actually gotten a lot smaller, it's my memory that's failing me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I have a spreadsheet too, but I use it more for keeping track of my backlog. (I also have a "games I want" spreadsheet to keep track of games that release that im too cheap to pay full price for, just to keep them on my radar).[/QUOTE]
Same here. Got a spreadsheet which has all the games I own(from NES to 360 retail and arcade), games I want but refuse to pay full price(arcade and retail), plus all games I've gotten the full 1k achievements. The spreadsheet also houses all 1,000+ songs in my Rock Band catalog.

Yeah, I'm a nerd

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Was Scary Girl mispriced? It's down to 800msp all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised. It also came out on PSN today at $9.99 instead of the $14.99 that it was supposed to be. I bet that last week's sales weren't kind to them and they realized they'd made a mistake.

[quote name='louiedog']I'm not surprised. It also came out on PSN today at $9.99 instead of the $14.99 that it was supposed to be. I bet that last week's sales weren't kind to them and they realized they'd made a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I noticed this when I saw the PS Update, then completely forgot to mention it.

Smart move to drop the price on XBL.

[quote name='Dustinator']Same here. Got a spreadsheet which has all the games I own(from NES to 360 retail and arcade), games I want but refuse to pay full price(arcade and retail), plus all games I've gotten the full 1k achievements. The spreadsheet also houses all 1,000+ songs in my Rock Band catalog.

Yeah, I'm a nerd[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've got me out-nerded by a little bit, but those first 2 spreadsheets you mention sound exactly like mine, right down to the NES titles.

[quote name='louiedog']I'm not surprised. It also came out on PSN today at $9.99 instead of the $14.99 that it was supposed to be. I bet that last week's sales weren't kind to them and they realized they'd made a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Oh, is this that game that was having pricing issues prior to release? I feel kinda bad for the dev cause a lot of people are going to ignore the game just because of this. Having not played it yet I have no idea if it's good or bad but that probably won't matter as their sales likely have been knee-capped.

[quote name='Dustinator']Same here. Got a spreadsheet which has all the games I own(from NES to 360 retail and arcade), games I want but refuse to pay full price(arcade and retail), plus all games I've gotten the full 1k achievements. The spreadsheet also houses all 1,000+ songs in my Rock Band catalog.

Yeah, I'm a nerd[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one with a giant spreadsheet. I have every game I own cataloged along with my Strategy Guides/Accessories/DVDs/BRs/Magazines.

lame... two more weeks of waiting to spend my points. and with people getting hacked by fifa players I'm thinking more and more of just spending all my points on random stuff at full price, ugh

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Oh, is this that game that was having pricing issues prior to release? I feel kinda bad for the dev cause a lot of people are going to ignore the game just because of this. Having not played it yet I have no idea if it's good or bad but that probably won't matter as their sales likely have been knee-capped.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for anyone who bought it at 1200 msp. That's a swift kick to the balls to drop the price one week after release.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I feel bad for anyone who bought it at 1200 msp. That's a swift kick to the balls to drop the price one week after release.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's pretty awful too. I'd be having fits if that happened to me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Glad I'm not the only one with a giant spreadsheet. I have every game I own cataloged along with my Strategy Guides/Accessories/DVDs/BRs/Magazines.[/QUOTE]

Whew, you got me beat there. I also got another sheet with all my movies and Blu Rays too. But not one that has my magazines and other stuff. I have TONS of magazines in boxes. Game Informer ones the past 7+ years and Nintendo Power ones that I've had since MarioKart64 back in February of 97. Missed out on the January issue which had Shadows of the Empire. Yeah, I still regret not getting that mag and it's been 14 years now

[quote name='Dustinator']Whew, you got me beat there. I also got another sheet with all my movies and Blu Rays too. But not one that has my magazines and other stuff. I have TONS of magazines in boxes. Game Informer ones the past 7+ years and Nintendo Power ones that I've had since MarioKart64 back in February of 97. Missed out on the January issue which had Shadows of the Empire. Yeah, I still regret not getting that mag and it's been 14 years now[/QUOTE]

Forgot my textbooks and books (granted they are almost exclusively Garfield books but those count damnit!) are in there too. :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention consoles themselves are also in there but I would assume that's understood since I have my accessories in there too. (I have a few duplicates-3 NESs and 2 Xbox 1s & 360s)

I've been meaning to catalog my collectibles as well. I'll probably get them in there next. (Got some sweet classic toys NRFB)

I definitely still have my 10+ years of Nintendo Powers downstairs in a plastic bin. I think I still have the "Ocarina of Time" in a plastic sleeve.

Got lots and lots of basketball and baseball cards too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I feel bad for anyone who bought it at 1200 msp. That's a swift kick to the balls to drop the price one week after release.[/QUOTE]

Yet another example why most of the games should cost maximum 800MSP. Otherwise no one buys them. You can imagine how bad should be the sales to get price drop only week later.

It's days like today I hate taking classes in economics.

For clarity: I have to resist bringing it up here and discussing this thread in class.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']lame... two more weeks of waiting to spend my points. and with people getting hacked by fifa players I'm thinking more and more of just spending all my points on random stuff at full price, ugh[/QUOTE]

Honestly with you there, yo. A buddy of mine got FIFAed and he's still down. I think I'll pick up Bastion this go-round.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Was Scary Girl mispriced? It's down to 800msp all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]
No, it's a garbage game that got a price reduction once word of mouth started to pick up.

[quote name='benjamouth']How is that a great thing, you can get deals on points, when was the last time you saw a deal on a $20 bill.

Plus there's no way in hell I'll ever be attaching my CC info to my Live account !!

EDIT - Plus that story you link to is full of crap. It says that all Windows Phone purchses will be moving to real money, when they already are, you've never been able to buy WP7 stuff with points. I'm calling BS on that one.[/QUOTE]

I guess that could depend upon perspective. From a nominal value standpoint, someone from another country with another currency at the moment of transaction could get some $20 bills for less than the normal trend of exchange rate. I am so old, I remember a time when the Canadian currency did not trade at almost 1 for 1 with the USD, for example. As for the real value (worth) of the currencies, I cannot say. I'm just being silly now. Reddjoey with his economic expertise can school me on this ^^

[quote name='Dustinator']Well, even though it's not 400(which I want it to be), I'll bite and get Bastion next week for 600 points. Still a good savings of 50% off and I don't expect much for Deal of the Week during the House Party.

Through February and March I expect repeat sales of Bioshock 2, Borderlands, RDR, Fallout, Halo, Bad Company 2 and the bestest game ever, RISK FACTIONS[/QUOTE]

That is the all-star lineup for Gold membership. With the recent repeat sales, especially to games with disc editions which includes the DLC, it sways to convince me the DotW is not a feature Microsoft wants to push subscriptions with.

On L.A. Noire, I think the complete edition may be a better option for most 360 owners who have not purchased any prior DLC for the game along with those without L.A. Noire. I got the complete edition from Best Buy for about $22 (tax in my area makes every purchase costly) brand new a month ago, and you can probably find it for less given some patience. Unless you already have the basic game along with a Gold membership, I cannot see this sale appealing to many others here given a prior season pass sale as well.

However, the following week's DotW on Bastion will probably appeal to all the Gold members who missed out on the end of 2011 daily deal; I know I read a couple posts on the old DotW thread disappointed they had missed out. I know I passed on Unbound Saga when it was offered at 160MSP; at the time I was so proud of myself for having willpower/standards, but i had no idea I would end out holding out for a while and sometimes a repeat sale on an XBLA title doesn't happen, so I hope these repeat sales will benefit someone.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No, it's a garbage game that got a price reduction once word of mouth started to pick up.[/QUOTE]

But word of mouth is pretty good. Why don't you say what you dislike about it? That's a lot more interesting than just blindly trashing it.

[quote name='eastx']But word of mouth is pretty good. Why don't you say what you dislike about it? That's a lot more interesting than just blindly trashing it.[/QUOTE]
The good word of mouth seems to be mostly people covering for their bad purchase.

The game looks good but it stops there, in this age where platformers are coming back for a game like this to be both clunky and have generic level design that's inexcusable.

It's not like they don't have the source material to work with
This game is the modern day equivalent to LJN licensed platformers on the NES

400 is acceptable only if you're a fan of the source material, 1200 was insane and 800 is just a bad purcahse

[quote name='eastx']2 good reviews and 1 negative isn't a bad mix. I haven't bought it yet, but the game looks fine to me.[/QUOTE]
There's 11 reviews total (you have to click on "See all 11 Critic Reviews" to see them all).

1 of them gave a score of 75 or more (which metacritic denotes as a "good" score).
8 of them gave a score between 50-75 (a "mixed" score)
2 of them gave a score under 50 (a "negative" score)

So the majority of reviews are mixed, and there's more out-and-out negative reviews than positive ones.

Warms my heart to read I am not the only one OCD enough to keep a games spreadsheet. Definitely have a wish list tab and a sales watch tab like some of you. I actually think I buy more because of it but then the more I buy the more I need it...it is sort of a CAG circle of life. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Warms my heart to read I am not the only one OCD enough to keep a games spreadsheet. Definitely have a wish list tab and a sales watch tab like some of you. I actually think I buy more because of it but then the more I buy the more I need it...it is sort of a CAG circle of life. :)[/QUOTE]

+1

I also have an XBLA tab, where i've tracked the 'real world' cost of everything i've purchased. So if i bought discounted points, i then convert the purhcase back into dollars.. and then i know that i spent 1.45 to buy Bastion. This is a huge reason why i do not want to see MS go to real money. I have never spent close to 100% on my XBLA purchases.

[quote name='cthomer5000']+1

I also have an XBLA tab, where i've tracked the 'real world' cost of everything i've purchased. So if i bought discounted points, i then convert the purhcase back into dollars.. and then i know that i spent 1.45 to buy Bastion. This is a huge reason why i do not want to see MS go to real money. I have never spent close to 100% on my XBLA purchases.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Same here. Every time I buy points or get free onesI recalculate with the new "conversion factor" for my XBLA games to see the real cost.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ha! Same here. Every time I buy points or get free onesI recalculate with the new "conversion factor" for my XBLA games to see the real cost.[/QUOTE]

Wow I thought I was bad, but I don't do that. I bet if I did, I would end up spending even more. Haha.

[quote name='reddjoey']It's days like today I hate taking classes in economics.

For clarity: I have to resist bringing it up here and discussing this thread in class.[/QUOTE]

I definitely had times in business school where I wanted to make reference to the business world of video games, which I know fairly well.

I plan to grab Bastion next week. I passed on it during the holiday sale because I was playing on a 27" standard def TV at the time and couldn't read ANY of the text at the arsenal/distillery etc during the demo. I imagine being able to actually read what you are purchasing/using/upgrading would improve the experience.

[quote name='mpaullin']Anybody have any good things to say about Puddle or Quarrel? Both look pretty interesting, but I like to wait for a few reviews.[/QUOTE]

Tested.com, tech sister site of Giant Bomb, took a look at Quarrel for their app of the day. It looks good to me, but I'm not sure how well it will work on the 360. It seems like something that'd be better on a phone/tablet.

[youtube]3cd5KHk9ybQ[/youtube]

Quarrel would perhaps be better on a tablet, but on iOS, at least, there is no online play, so I'm definitely getting it for XBLA, at least as long as there are no game breaking bugs. I've queued up the demo. The game is really fun on iOS, it's just glaringly missing online play. I'm also hoping to find that it has local play too, because it would fun to play it that way too. It's unclear from the description.

So I got this from G4. I am really glad I did not buy COD Elite. Even at $40 from the Hardened Edition it is hard to justify the cost. 12 maps total? 6 spec op missions and 2 new "modes". Spec Ops are not really that interesting to me and the only mode I would want is 4 player survival. Put it in a spoiler to save space.

Yesterday marked the release of two new Modern Warfare 3 maps for Call of Duty Elite subscribers. It also kicked off a bold Activision initiative for this year that will see the publisher bringing out monthly MW3 content for those who bought a subscription or received one free year with their purchase of the game's 2011 Hardened Edition.
Activision bossman Eric Hirshberg promised at Call of Duty XP in September that Elite subscribers could expect more transparency surrounding Duty's DLC releases than they'd seen before, and a newly released content calendar speaks directly to those comments. Want to know how many maps, missions and modes you can expect between now and September, when the content season ends? Check out the official MW3 website or hit the jump for a quick rundown.

• January - Map, Map
  • February - Map
  • March - Map, Mission, Mission
  • April - Map, Map
  • May - Map, Mission
  • June - Map, Mission, Mode
  • July - Map, Map
  • August - Map, Mission, Mode
  • September - Map, Mission
The fine print at the bottom of the calendar notes that "content and release dates are subject to change," but what you see here is probably close to (if not exactly) what we'll end up with. Also remember that Call of Duty DLC is "first on Xbox Live," so the above timeline is probably a bit different on the PlayStation 3 side.
Here's how the numbers shake out: 12 maps, six missions (presumably Spec Ops) and two modes. There's no indication of what "modes" might mean; a Community Playlist was added to MW3's multiplayer match options a few weeks back with the custom match type Drop Zone added to the ranks of the other XP-earning modes.
Hopefully the forthcoming DLC modes will be a little more elaborate than a tweaked private match gametype. Assuming they're even multiplayer modes at all, that is. Fans have been clamoring for a four-player option in Spec Ops Survival. Would it be too much to hope for something like that?

I won Scarygirl from a Square Enix staffer and yeah it's okay, but nothing special. 1200 really was a laughable price, although the Major Nelson post for it probably had the most "civilised" price bashing his site's ever had.

EDIT: If you paid 1200 for Scarygirl, complain. When stuff's been "mispriced" before, people have recieved refunds. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to blag 400 back.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I got this from G4. I am really glad I did not buy COD Elite. Even at $40 from the Hardened Edition it is hard to justify the cost. 12 maps total?[/QUOTE]
Don't COD maps usually sell 3-4 to a pack for $15 each? Apart from the question of whether the maps are worth it or the game is fun or whatever, it seems like Elite pays for itself if you were planning on buying all the DLC anyway.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Don't COD maps usually sell 3-4 to a pack for $15 each? Apart from the question of whether the maps are worth it or the game is fun or whatever, it seems like Elite pays for itself if you were planning on buying all the DLC anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well for BLOPS the 4 packs had 12 maps and 8 Zombie maps (4 remakes) for $60 (the same it will cost w/o ELITE for MW3) So it is comparable. I guess I am more a zombie fan than a Spec Ops fan so it seemed like a better deal.

I think MW2 had 10 maps (4 remakes) for $30.

Edit: I agree with you that if you planned on buying it anyway then it pays for itself. Now seeing what you will get I guess I am not going to buy it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I got this from G4. I am really glad I did not buy COD Elite. Even at $40 from the Hardened Edition it is hard to justify the cost. 12 maps total? 6 spec op missions and 2 new "modes". Spec Ops are not really that interesting to me and the only mode I would want is 4 player survival. Put it in a spoiler to save space.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Though if you buy the Hardened Edition and sell the Founder code for $40-$50 on ebay, it's like getting all that for free. :) You can also sell the field guide and even the avatar stuff. Not bad. I'm happy with what we are getting anyway, except for next month which will see 1 map and nothing else.

I didn't grab Bastion on the Holiday specials and I was sooo regretting it. Now it's back on sale I will not miss out on this sale. The Rockstar sale this week I could care less about. I already got all the Rockstar DLC on a disc for much cheaper.

Yea I passed on Bastion as I was looking forward to all the other "AMAZING" things that I thought were gonna be on sale and weren't...so I'm for sure not going to miss out on it this time!

[quote name='Hyperglide']The Rockstar sale this week I could care less about. I already got all the Rockstar DLC on a disc for much cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Agreed ... it's been fairly crappy the way Rockstar dropped "L.A. Noire" so fast. Then Rockstar agrees to have XBL Marketplace discount the "season pass" a few weeks back for cheap (which is good!) ... but now those that don't know any better will probably pick up everything in-duh-vidually for more than the "season pass" ... and then I also doubt people know there's a "complete edition" out now.

Just a rotten experience all around.

[quote name='crunchewy']Though if you buy the Hardened Edition and sell the Founder code for $40-$50 on ebay, it's like getting all that for free. :) You can also sell the field guide and even the avatar stuff. Not bad. I'm happy with what we are getting anyway, except for next month which will see 1 map and nothing else.[/QUOTE]
And now the Hardened Edition is being "closed out" at all local GameStop's for $80 (gone long ago from ordering online). Best to call around, and be prepared to drive a long distance, since I'm sure they'll disappear before the week's gone.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The good word of mouth seems to be mostly people covering for their bad purchase. The game looks good but it stops there, in this age where platformers are coming back for a game like this to be both clunky and have generic level design that's inexcusable. It's not like they don't have the source material to work with. This game is the modern day equivalent to LJN licensed platformers on the NES. 400 is acceptable only if you're a fan of the source material, 1200 was insane and 800 is just a bad purchase[/QUOTE]

I can't agree ... the game is "polished enough" to justify 800pts, regardless if the source material is lacking or incomplete, and I'd say the same for "Blade Kitten" (sale priced once @ 600pts & now permanently down to 800pts), which had very constricted environments but challenging secret areas. Here's 2 environments from a very long gameplay video that shows Polskilive has a very capable engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQpvNxaw6U#t=8m30s

[quote name='reddjoey']It's days like today I hate taking classes in economics. For clarity: I have to resist bringing it up here and discussing this thread in class.[/QUOTE]
And on the flipside, while contracting at Microsoft in 2011, I NEVER stopped bringing up this thread, since so many people there operate w/ blinders ... or are simply oblivious that CAG's & end-users are on top of XBLA's pricing & promo's (more-so than even the insiders). I won't go into specifics about what I saw / said / did there (NDA & all that), except to say that I hope I generated "a little" more traffic for this thread & CAG in general. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back