XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dustinator']Thanks for the quick replies guys. If it dropped to 600, that would explain me skipping it since I wanted to get it for 400 points.....will wait for it hit 400. Sometime in November prolly.....[/QUOTE]

Don't wait for it to maybe go on sale for 200 points less. It's a great game, I would have been happy with it at 800 (granted, I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger at 800, as I'm cheap like that).

Nothing for me this week, picked up the game for $10 on New Years and bought the half-off season pass.

I recommend Bastion at 600 pretty strongly. The game was a tad over-rated by critics (top 5 of the year?), but it is definitely good, and easily on of the best XBLA games i've played full-stop.

I wouldn't hold your breath for 400 points on that one.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I recommend Bastion at 600 pretty strongly. The game was a tad over-rated by critics (top 5 of the year?), but it is definitely good, and easily on of the best XBLA games i've played full-stop.

I wouldn't hold your breath for 400 points on that one.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

Bastion was fantastic. Maybe a little bit too much praise but easily one of the best games on XBLA.

I would be suprised if it ever hit 400pts.

Indeed. Bastion and Shadow Complex (both bought for 600) are the two absolute best games I've bought off the marketplace ever. Highly recommend those games at any price.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Are they still keeping the same setup for sharing user made tracks? That sucked imo.[/QUOTE]
not to get too far off topic since this isn't a deal but no they are changing it up big time. i think it will be called track central but there will be a bunch of things you can sort by like top rated, most downloaded, most recently uploaded, etc. it will just be a separate option on the main menu or something. you won't have to add anyone as a friend to get their user created tracks anymore. basically every single problem that the first trials had related to track sharing is now gone. also i think i read somewhere that the tracks are considered save game files so you can even upload them to the cloud storage.

[quote name='hexa']Indeed. Bastion and Shadow Complex (both bought for 600) are the two absolute best games I've bought off the marketplace ever. Highly recommend those games at any price.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Shadow Complex. Is there any recent news about the sequel? I know that I read something a few months back about how it was mostly done but that they just moved on and left it but had decided to revisit it and calculte wether or not to finish it. I have looked for more recent info but haven't found it.

Just thought I'd post my Choplifter HD review.... While initially I was very positive about the game, the difficulty gets nasty about halfway through and spoiled it for me. Some people won't mind the challenge, but I found it rather unpleasant.

[quote name='Narsis84']Speaking of Shadow Complex. Is there any recent news about the sequel? I know that I read something a few months back about how it was mostly done but that they just moved on and left it but had decided to revisit it and calculte wether or not to finish it. I have looked for more recent info but haven't found it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they're still looking for someone to be a publishing partner. I get the sense they're not in a huge rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Just thought I'd post my Choplifter HD review.... While initially I was very positive about the game, the difficulty gets nasty about halfway through and spoiled it for me. Some people won't mind the challenge, but I found it rather unpleasant.[/QUOTE]

I like that you point that out. When I hear all the people in here praise Trials I often feel they leave out the huge difficulty spike in the game that leaves a lot of gamers behind.

To this day I still haven't figured out the exact mechanic involved in the later stages.

[quote name='benjamouth']How is that a great thing, you can get deals on points, when was the last time you saw a deal on a $20 bill.

Plus there's no way in hell I'll ever be attaching my CC info to my Live account !![/QUOTE]

Nothing but truth. Deals for cash value iTunes and PSN cards are practically non-existent, but there are deals on 4000 point cards every couple weeks.

I really hope this either someone spreading unfounded rumors. Or that MS is actually going to go with a model where you can pay cash or points (like with Games on Demand games). That way, the whiners can pay $10 plus tax for their games and I can keep paying 800 points that only cost me $8.

[quote name='biledriver']I like that you point that out. When I hear all the people in here praise Trials I often feel they leave out the huge difficulty spike in the game that leaves a lot of gamers behind.

To this day I still haven't figured out the exact mechanic involved in the later stages.[/QUOTE]

This is why I never bought trials. The demo level took me a long time to get through. Based on that I realized the game wasn't for me. Reoeated attempts to get through levels didn't seem like fun to me.

[quote name='biledriver']I like that you point that out. When I hear all the people in here praise Trials I often feel they leave out the huge difficulty spike in the game that leaves a lot of gamers behind.

To this day I still haven't figured out the exact mechanic involved in the later stages.[/QUOTE]

Trials gets blisteringly difficult, but if you do some research on youtube you can learn some of the techniques needed to pass the hardest courses. Having said that, you can have a ton of fun with Trials just improving your times (and faults) on the less difficult courses, and by doing so you'll then find that you can pass some of the harder ones as well. You will like Trials if you like chasing leaderboards/improving times. If not, it will seem short lived for sure.

Trials Evo is going to open it up a lot more though, with it's integrated track sharing that won't require you to be friends with the person you want to get a track from, the track sharing hub and such. You'll have a pretty much endless supply of any difficulty course you could want.

[quote name='Althax']This is why I never bought trials. The demo level took me a long time to get through. Based on that I realized the game wasn't for me. Reoeated attempts to get through levels didn't seem like fun to me.[/QUOTE]

FYI, as I recall, the demo showcased a variety of difficulty levels, it wasn't just easy ones.

[quote name='Blade']Microsoft will apparently discontinue Points by the end of the year, which is a great thing; no more arbitrary values that you have to mentally convert into currency means people might actually question themselves before buying a $10 downloadable game with 3 stars. If this is true, I expect prices are being set lower now to slowly transition between the MSP and actual currency. Steam routinely offers massive currency discounts on downloads and has been doing so for years, and I hope Microsoft catches up.[/QUOTE]
Sidenote, would that mean point cards will basically be useless next year? Meaning those who still have unused point cards NEED to redeem them into their account right now?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Sidenote, would that mean point cards will basically be useless next year? Meaning those who still have unused point cards NEED to redeem them into their account right now?[/QUOTE]

I'd cast this off as rumor until a site you've heard of starts talking about it.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Sidenote, would that mean point cards will basically be useless next year? Meaning those who still have unused point cards NEED to redeem them into their account right now?[/QUOTE]

No way. Nullifying those cards would probably break a few laws. They'll work at least as long as their expiration dates, if they even have them. If the system went to a dollar amount you'd redeem a 4000 msp card and it'd just show up as $50 (or $49.99) in your account.

[quote name='vamn']Nothing but truth. Deals for cash value iTunes and PSN cards are practically non-existent, but there are deals on 4000 point cards every couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I barely see deals on MS Points any more (it's typically from Buy.com on eBay that has anything decent). And that said, iTunes cards have deals all the time. Best Buy will knock 10% - 20% off them and they are specifically monetary value. I guess time will tell, but I don't think it's the end of deals on XBL money.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'd cast this off as rumor until a site you've heard of starts talking about it.[/QUOTE]

Why, Kotaku and IGN have already reported on it. I also posted about it at WPCentral. :p We're all taking it as a rumor for now, but it certainly could end up being true.

[quote name='eastx']Why, Kotaku and IGN have already reported on it. I also posted about it at WPCentral. :p We're all taking it as a rumor for now, but it certainly could end up being true.[/QUOTE]

The source is all the same though, which make me suspicious. You know way more about the WP7 stuff than most people, I thought it was more likely MS were going to let us use points to pay for WP7 games than for them to get rid of points completely?

Enjoyed the PQ2 review BTW :)

[quote name='eastx']Why, Kotaku and IGN have already reported on it. I also posted about it at WPCentral. :p We're all taking it as a rumor for now, but it certainly could end up being true.[/QUOTE]

As long as everyone is siting the same source then I don't see how it is different. CNN could report on it, but if that unknown mobile site is the source then I remain suspicious.

[quote name='benjamouth']The source is all the same though, which make me suspicious. You know way more about the WP7 stuff than most people, I thought it was more likely MS were going to let us use points to pay for WP7 games than for them to get rid of points completely?

Enjoyed the PQ2 review BTW :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! It warms my cold heart when people enjoy my reviews. :)

Yeah, there is nothing especially credible about the rumor. Neither is there anything that shows a lack of credibility. That makes it hard to determine its accuracy, but there's nothing wrong with reporting rumors as long as they're not obviously untrue and you specify the rumor status. It's way too early to panic, but if the change does come to pass, at least we had a bit of advance notice.

[quote name='eastx']Just thought I'd post my Choplifter HD review.... While initially I was very positive about the game, the difficulty gets nasty about halfway through and spoiled it for me. Some people won't mind the challenge, but I found it rather unpleasant.[/QUOTE]

From your review EastX:

"the experience went from red licorice tasty to black licorice painful"

That's gold! If I had a website, I would totally steal this and use it as my ranking scale, and evaluate games on how red or black licorice they were. Hilarious writing, great job!

[quote name='Blade']Microsoft will apparently discontinue Points by the end of the year, which is a great thing; no more arbitrary values that you have to mentally convert into currency means people might actually question themselves before buying a $10 downloadable game with 3 stars. If this is true, I expect prices are being set lower now to slowly transition between the MSP and actual currency. Steam routinely offers massive currency discounts on downloads and has been doing so for years, and I hope Microsoft catches up.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm commenting late on this, but the article seems specific to phones, and may not effect xbox at all. The Points are important for the xbox as it allows kids to purchase content. If they are going to align with Apple, and Android, it would mean simply moving to a cash based system, so cards would still be in the mix, but they would represent $ figures.

There's nothing worse than eating an assortment of Jelly Belly's and having a black licorice sneak into the mix and poisoning the next 2 minutes of my life.

On a related note: please stop talking about Trials Evo, it's ruining anticipation of every other game that will come out until then due to its extremely higher level of awesomeness.

Buy Bastion for 600 next week or regret it...again.

[quote name='benjamouth']How is that a great thing, you can get deals on points, when was the last time you saw a deal on a $20 bill.[/QUOTE]

Read the fucking post first, retard. We're talking about lower costs overall, which is effectively the same as getting points for 25% off or however much you buy them for. :roll:

[quote name='Blade']Read the fucking post first, retard. We're talking about lower costs overall, which is effectively the same as getting points for 25% off or however much you buy them for. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That seems unnecessarily harsh. If you want to have your rebuttal taken seriously then speak like an adult.

[quote name='drawingboard']Looks like I will be getting Call of Duty Elite, since I have nothing else to spend my points on.[/QUOTE]
If you're even THINKING of getting Elite, or know you'll eventually buy all 4 map-packs, then I'd be trolling eBay for a Hardened Edition, since you'll get a nice big box, an avatar outfit, and maybe even Founder status if you downloaded & ran Elite sometime in 2011. Hardened editions can be easily had for $100 or less, so says this search (though you may need to tweak it a bit) . Just read the auctions carefully to be sure you're getting an unredeemed Elite/founder card, or that the person isn't selling just the box, or just the game in the hardcase, or some other rip-off-ishness.

Even if you have a nice shiny COD:MW3 disc already, it's still beneficial to offload it at $40, and pick up the Hardened edition, since you'll come out ahead with the Elite subscription in the box.

[quote name='zforce915']that seems unnecessarily harsh. If you want to have your rebuttal taken seriously then speak like an adult.[/quote]

qft

Ugh.........this week sucks too. Wasn't the LA Noire Pass like 560 points, so $7? Now they want $10, it's only $3 more, but still what gives MS?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh.........this week sucks too. Wasn't the LA Noire Pass like 560 points, so $7? Now they want $10, it's only $3 more, but still what gives MS?[/QUOTE]

Gives the option to buy a la carte? I'm not up to date on the quality of LA Noire DLC but I'd assume like most DLC, some are more worthwhile than others.

I'm guessing that we're getting repeat sales the next two weeks so close to the previous offering is either these two sold enough to warrant another sale or there was enough feedback asking for these two again. I'm happy that Bastion is gonna be the DotW next week because I didn't get it when it was on sale last year. I've chipped enough at my backlog to possibly warrant picking it up (and hopefully playing it immediately).

[quote name='wEEman33']Trials Evolution better come out soon.

That's the only XBLA game on my radar for now.

It will be a shame if they delay it until March.[/QUOTE]
unfortunately at this point i could definitely see it coming as part of the "summer of arcade" promotion ms has every year. i mean even the original came out during the 2009 summer of arcade so you know ms will want to market, publicize, etc the heck out of this game. redlynx (who makes this game) would have surely at least announced a release date by now if it is coming out even within the next few months. believe me, i want it to come just as quick as you do but summer of arcade seems like the most likely release window at this point.

[quote name='Blade']Read the fucking post first, retard. We're talking about lower costs overall, which is effectively the same as getting points for 25% off or however much you buy them for. :roll:[/QUOTE]

1. You are a fool

2. It wont mean lower prices, Sony has almost all the same games and charges just as much as Microsoft now WITH the rumored price structure.

3. Microsoft is doing well enough that if they do adopt this pricing structure they're confident in their overall pricing. Just like how Live went up and they were comfortable with it.

Only a fool would be happy about this because as said before "when's the last time you got a deal on 20 bucks?"

[quote name='Kerig']Buy Bastion for 600 next week or regret it...again.[/QUOTE]
Well, even though it's not 400(which I want it to be), I'll bite and get Bastion next week for 600 points. Still a good savings of 50% off and I don't expect much for Deal of the Week during the House Party.

Through February and March I expect repeat sales of Bioshock 2, Borderlands, RDR, Fallout, Halo, Bad Company 2 and the bestest game ever, RISK FACTIONS

[quote name='Dustinator']Through February and March I expect repeat sales of Bioshock 2, Borderlands, RDR, Fallout, Halo, Bad Company 2 and the bestest game ever, RISK FACTIONS[/QUOTE]

Oh my lord I hope not, I have like 5300 points I need to spend! I think this will be the last time I stock up on more than 4000 MSP at any one time.

You are wrong. Here's why-
1) If MS adopts the cash structure, you would only get ONE level of discount whena game goes on sale (ie, $15 game drops to $10)
2) Under the current points structure, we can buy the points when it's on sale (1600 points for $16), and when a game drops in price (from 1200 points to 800 points) to get TWO levels of discounts. We would be paying $8 for the same game you got for $10.

If you are under assumption that prices are going to drop across the board for games and DLC when MS converts to cash structure, you must not have looked at PSN.

[quote name='bh47']You are wrong. Here's why-
1) If MS adopts the cash structure, you would only get ONE level of discount whena game goes on sale (ie, $15 game drops to $10)
2) Under the current points structure, we can buy the points when it's on sale (1600 points for $16), and when a game drops in price (from 1200 points to 800 points) to get TWO levels of discounts. We would be paying $8 for the same game you got for $10.

If you are under assumption that prices are going to drop across the board for games and DLC when MS converts to cash structure, you must not have looked at PSN.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother. And what of all the free point cards included in some games like both Dance Centrals and Once Upon A Monster. They surely won't be putting a prepaid CC or $'s in the cases.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Amen Brother. And what of all the free point cards included in some games like both Dance Centrals and Once Upon A Monster. They surely won't be putting a prepaid CC or $'s in the cases.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Harmonix give away $2.19 PSN credit for a Rock Band song in the same giveaway as a 160 msp codes. I don't know why you think that Microsoft couldn't also generate codes for small amounts of money.

I've passed on the la noir pass the last few times its been on sale. I'm still on the first case BUT do the new cases have cheesements and are they good cases? Some better than others? I have 580 points sitting here and nothing sucks more than stale points :p

Wow, with witty rebuttals like that you must be the toast of society.

In case you didn't get that, go fuck yourself, kthnxbai.:booty:

la noire was a huge disappointment for me, looked so great on paper and turned out to be a 6 out of 10 in my opinion, it was so repetitive i don't know why anybody would want to play any more cases

i've heard many people say the same thing, is that why they are having yet another sale on its DLC, they are desperate to sell it and make some sort of profit?

I just threw away 1200pts...fuck!

I ended up buying the GTA IV DLC this morning only to realize that I had traded in my GTAIV and upgraded to the complete edition when it went on sale a few months back. :wall:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just threw away 1200pts...fuck!

I ended up buying the GTA IV DLC this morning only to realize that I had traded in my GTAIV and upgraded to the complete edition when it went on sale a few months back. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Dude that really sucks bad. I keep an excel sheet of all my game for quick reference...I know it is a nerd thing to have a spread sheet of my video games but I would be lost trying to navigate all the DLC, XBLA games and retail games I have. Sorry about that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just threw away 1200pts...fuck!

I ended up buying the GTA IV DLC this morning only to realize that I had traded in my GTAIV and upgraded to the complete edition when it went on sale a few months back. :wall:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Okay, this is a sure sign that your backlog is too damn big, when you can no longer track what you have/have not.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Dude that really sucks bad. I keep an excel sheet of all my game for quick reference...I know it is a nerd thing to have a spread sheet of my video games but I would be lost trying to navigate all the DLC, XBLA games and retail games I have. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

I have a spreadsheet too, but I use it more for keeping track of my backlog. (I also have a "games I want" spreadsheet to keep track of games that release that im too cheap to pay full price for, just to keep them on my radar). Anyway I host it on google docs, making it easily accessible anywhere with an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back