XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Felder71']I actually think it would be unlikely for Shank 1 to go on sale right when Shank 2 comes out. There would be concerns that it would monopolize sales. I think it's more likely for the prequel to go on sale a few months before the sequel, to help drum up interest.[/QUOTE]

And it (Shank 1) was on sale during the holiday sales i believe... definitely sometime in December.

[quote name='cthomer5000']And it (Shank 1) was on sale during the holiday sales i believe... definitely sometime in December.[/QUOTE]

It was actually during the EA sale in early January, I believe.

However, just because a game went on sale a month ago doesn't mean MS won't recycle it. MS has proven that time and again.

so quickly, tell me:

Should I buy Bastion for 600 points? I've got 4000 to spend but for some reason I always say "Nah, I'll wait for something better" and I've been holding on to the points for months.

[quote name='jetts']so quickly, tell me:

Should I buy Bastion for 600 points? I've got 4000 to spend but for some reason I always say "Nah, I'll wait for something better" and I've been holding on to the points for months.[/QUOTE]

Get it! I just got it and I'm loving it!

[quote name='Ryuukishi'][quote name='Chrono Gear']What the fruit?[/QUOTE]
This post has been graped by the Grapist.
[/QUOTE]Just because it's purple doesn't mean it's grape.

Bastion is the best arcade game since Shadow Complex in my opinion. I bought it for 400 over Christmas, and I would have gladly paid 600 for it. Even 800. Probably not 1200 though because I'm cheap. But it is totally worth full price.

[quote name='thefamousmoe']Bastion is the best arcade game since Shadow Complex in my opinion. I bought it for 400 over Christmas, and I would have gladly paid 600 for it. Even 800. Probably not 1200 though because I'm cheap. But it is totally worth full price.[/QUOTE]

It was 400?

Bastion is pretty good. And that's coming from someone that doesn't usually play platformer/adventure games. Totally worth it for the 600 points.

[quote name='thefamousmoe']Bastion is the best arcade game since Shadow Complex in my opinion. I bought it for 400 over Christmas, and I would have gladly paid 600 for it. Even 800. Probably not 1200 though because I'm cheap. But it is totally worth full price.[/QUOTE]
It was never on sale for 400. It was on sale over Christmas for 600. Unless you got some sort of super secret deal?

[quote name='Dark Rider']It was never on sale for 600. It was on sale over Christmas for 600. Unless you got some sort of super secret deal?[/QUOTE]

Good job making the same mistake he did while trying to correct him. :D

ok well I got Bastion. I'll count it as "free" because I just signed up for Xbox Rewards and am supposed to get 800 points soon. So I'll consider it a free copy of Bastion and 200 points.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I personally really enjoy the discussions that go on here about xbla games. Its a great way to get quality impressions about games.[/QUOTE]

and fellow CAGs. :)

I played one game of Quarrel online with my nephew that took 91 minutes. It was just us and an AI player who was killed off in 12 minutes. I chose a rather big map, but I had no idea it would on so long. Near the end it was turning into a no-peeing contest.

What really got me was being denied the word "drapes", but an actual highlight anagram of another round was "cactuses". I yelled at the game for both instances. Also: "losen".

[quote name='Felder71']I actually think it would be unlikely for Shank 1 to go on sale right when Shank 2 comes out. There would be concerns that it would monopolize sales. I think it's more likely for the prequel to go on sale a few months before the sequel, to help drum up interest.[/QUOTE]
I can tell you that's exactly the mentality amongst Marketers. Why lead people to buy an equivalent game at 33-50% off that would directly compete with the new hotness?

Here's some ideas I had ...
  • One almost sure thing is that it won't be "Insanely...", since that was discounted for the entire Xmas run.
  • At this point, it would be crazy for MS not to offer "Crimson Alliance" soon, since we're about to get pummeled with bigger RPG's in April (Witcher 2 on console, Diablo on PC), though that might suck some enthusiasm out of "KoA:Reckoning", and nobody wants that either from EA or MS.
  • On a related fantasy-RPG note, Felicia Day's "Mark of the Assassin" video series comes out next week, so I'd think EA "could" leverage that with a discount on the DLC, but with Amalur so close, I'll put a bigger wager we'll see in the last week of Feb, once the video series drums up interest.
  • I was also thinking something DICE-related, but the awards won't happen until Wed. night, unless Microsoft wants to show off 3 of its own XBLA nominees ... so that includes "Orcs Must Die" (too soon?), "Iron Brigade" (hmmm, maybe), and "Fruit Ninja" (was a 1-day sale during Xmas ... STRONG possibility).
  • PSN already had "Dungeon Defenders" DLC on sale, but that was to sync with advances on Steam, and "Crystal Shard pt. 1" came out on Dec. 21st ... so sadly we won't see that. And if I may editorialize ... why isn't there a season pass on consoles w/ exclusive bonuses, such as Steam gets for that game? That's 1 game where Trendy should've tried harder for bigger publishers than craptastic D3.
  • Lastly, we haven't seen much "sports-related" DLC recently, except for Tiger's courses during Xmas, but the only sport currently in-progress would be hoops ... so maybe "NBA Jam" soon, especially for those not into RPG's (Amalur, FNV:GOTY), "shooters" (Gotham City Imposters) or action-adventures (Shank 2, Darkness II).

... or it could be rehashed crap ... who knows. :D

Finally Deus Ex Missing Link for 600 pts!

(look like a bunch of Eidos stuff this week. Tomb Raider Underworld DLC which I don't think has ever been on sale before)

Looks like NBA Jam and Crimson Alliance are the DotW this week, but indeed there are a BUNCH of price drops according to xbldb (they're not gold exclusive).

Even though I already have NBA Jam, it's nice to see some new deals.

Hmm...not sure how I missed Swarm. Never downloaded the trial. Although I see it started at 1200, which probably turned me off. At 400 points, though, definitely giving it a trial.

I grabbed Swarm....reviews sold me as well as some videos. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't pull the trigger on Crimson Alliance....it just looks kinda bland. Any thoughts on it?

That may be the worst timing I have ever had. I have been sitting on Deus Ex for almost 5 month (in the backlog). Start the game last night and I buy the explosive mission pack for $3 figuring it wont see a sale anytime soon. It is only $1.25 but the CAG in me is kicking myself in the ass right now. At lesst the missing link is on sale...is it worth it at $7.50? I think it has like 500 GS so I might get it just for that. I am still dumbfounded on my luck though.

Holy shit! Check out the new releases dlc tab in the games marketplace. If you thought capcom and square enix milk out their games, go check what warner brothers did to gc impostors. Nice to see jam on sale, but I can wait for 600

Major Nelson just posted the deals for the next few weeks -

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/07/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-2/

A few thoughts -

1) There's no mention of NBA Jam as a deal, yet it's clearly there. Seems odd he wouldn't call it out.
2) Shank 2 is only 800 points? The first one started at 1200. Considering we are talking EA, I find that interesting.
3) Bravo on making the Epic Quest table the typical $3. They had a chance to milk it since it has extra features but didn't.

[quote name='ooga']Is anyone else having difficulty logging into xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Seems to be running ok here.

[quote name='Zonic505']Coming Soon blog post on Major Nelson

Next week is Arkham City stuff (mainly Robin & Nightwing bundles), plus Square Enix is having a sale this week as well, which would explain Deus Ex, Scarygirl, and Lara Croft.[/QUOTE]

Sweet on the Batman stuff. Will most likely pull the trigger just to play with those characters but I am not a huge challenge room fan...they are really the only thing that keeps me from getting the 100% achievement.

Edit- Something is wrong with those prices. That is the actual cost. I would think it is 36% off 560. If not the bundle is a better deal.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Holy shit! Check out the new releases dlc tab in the games marketplace. If you thought capcom and square enix milk out their games, go check what warner brothers did to gc impostors. Nice to see jam on sale, but I can wait for 600[/QUOTE]
this is the worst ive ever seen! shameless, obvious cash grab. i hope this game tanks now.

i was so appalled I tweeted them about it. because THAT will do anything...

[quote name='bajingo']this is the worst ive ever seen! shameless, obvious cash grab. i hope this game tanks now.[/QUOTE]

i was so appalled I tweeted them about it. because THAT will do anything...

So are those GCI items things you can eventually unlock? If not that may be the worst thing I have seen...it also seems to be cosmetic items though?

This is what happens when I set my expectations low. MS surprises me and now I'm gonna blow through a 4000 point card :)

In for NBA Jam OFE, Deus Ex dlc that has achievements(I'll get Deus Ex sometime this year), Lara Croft Underworld dlc and maaaybe the Batman AC characters.....wish NBA Jam was lower than 800, but I'll be having a game night in a few weeks and this is perfect for that setting. Also wish Shank 1 was lower than 800. It's been 600 many times before and I've been waiting for it to drop to 400 before I bite. Ah well, lots of other goodies this week

[quote name='Dustinator']Also wish Shank 1 was lower than 800. It's been 600 many times before and I've been waiting for it to drop to 400 before I bite. Ah well, lots of other goodies this week[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is probably a permanent price drop to match Shank 2's 800 price.
I'm also probably in for NBA Jam this week. Haven't bought much in awhile, still sitting on 4,000+ MS points.

So just to make sure I've got this all straight....

Three Deus Ex add-ons. One is a weapon pack, one is a mission and one is a weapon pack with a single mission? Thinking the weapon pack one is completely ignorable, but thoughts on the other two? Traded in the game months ago but could see maybe renting it or picking up super cheap down the road to play the DLC. Really enjoyed the game.

Just Cause 2 add-ons are just a weapon and vehicle pack right? Outside of being super cheap is there any reason to really get these?

Tom Raider Underworld has two add-ons, one is a new mission (I remember vaguely hearing that this is the true ending to the game?) and the other is just a variation of the main game? Anyone recommend picking up the additional mission one? Is the other one as ignorable as it seems?

The Tactical assessment pack might be worth $1 for those who have yet to play Deus Ex just for the bonus 10,000 credits. The silenced sniper rifle is also nice for those not going for Pacifist.

Interesting that NBA Jam wasn't listed by Major Nelson. I think I'll get Crimson Alliance, anyone want to give me some impressions on that one? And should I get a single character pack, or the 3 pack?

Also, my guess is that Shank 1 is a price drop. And what is Puzzle Arcade? I'll google it later, but has anyone played it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back