XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
19065.jpg

Oh dear god yes.

[quote name='wEEman33']

19065.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dolby Digital? Score!

Seriously though, see the description. Flying? Do they just mean launching through the air?

Alarm set for 4/18/2012. What time do these XBLA releases drop again???? :)

EDIT: I just checked this on the marketplace, and it says "12/31/2799"? That's a long wait. LOL. I tried going to some other countries, but none listed a release date at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']Alarm set for 4/18/2012. What time do these XBLA releases drop again???? :)

EDIT: I just checked this on the marketplace, and it says "12/31/2799"? That's a long wait. LOL. I tried going to some other countries, but none listed a release date at all.[/QUOTE]

The image is from a leak found by EuroGamer and retracted by RedLynx almost immediately thereafter. So it's not like...official official or anything. Probably before 2799 though. :)

I wonder what will be in the SoA if amazing games like Fez and Trials are coming in spring. Lots of good games this year but itll be interesting to see how MS advertises these.

Didn't realize how quickly I Am Alive snuck up on me. Interested to read reviews and finally get to play it! Still don't think I'll bite on all the titles to get 800msp back when I only want that and Alan Wake.

So ready for Trials!

[quote name='infamy']I wonder what will be in the SoA if amazing games like Fez and Trials are coming in spring. Lots of good games this year but itll be interesting to see how MS advertises these.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a sinking feeling that MS may tempt RedLynx to hold off on the release date of Trials:E by promising them a top billing in the SoA. It would only make sense to do so.

It's getting close to our favorite time of the week. Are you excited? I am. Late tonight, to early tomorrow we may know. It's like Christmas eve every Monday night. When we find out if we were good little Gold members or bad ones durring the week.

[quote name='Cornelius']FYI, I can't say what's the criteria, but you CAN educate yourself on who makes these decisions by searching for "xbox portfolio manager" on LinkedIn, then filtering your results to "company=Microsoft" and "location=Greater Seattle Area".[/QUOTE]

I will have to take responsibility for my laziness, and commit to not knowing, forever ignorant. The person shall remain a mystery, and I will have no name nor face to match with the person in charge of my joys and disappointments on Xbox Live. All because of the incredible layer of protection of registration fields, steered me clear away. I am that lazy. Maybe someone will let me sneek a peek at their answer, this is just too difficult for me.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yay finally...writing rights =P
I only registered to join the conversations in this topic...I'm watching it daily to get opinions about various games and the deals on it =P

So my first question is...did anyone get any points back yet from the 5% Rewards last month? I'm asking because the pending points for the survey this month are there already...but not a single point from February Awards...(although I think they did wait until the end of the month to gather all the information about bought marketplace stuff)

Will get back 310 Poinst by spending 6200 MSP last month, did a buy a lot of the stuff that probably never would go on sale =) + Tomb Raider DLC[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG. I see you are less deterred from registration as I was.

I believe the rewards points are dispersed around the middle of the month, around the 15th. So long as the dispersement is greater than 100MSP for reward points issued prior to the current month, it'll be added to your balance. I too bought a few things to take advantage of last month's 5% offer, and passed on a few thanks to the feedback from this thread helping me make a better informed decision.

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']The image is from a leak found by EuroGamer and retracted by RedLynx almost immediately thereafter. So it's not like...official official or anything. Probably before 2799 though. :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! My puchase of an Xbox 360 is showing great value now that I know ther is a commitment to support it for many centuries to come. It shall be grandfathered down in my family line proudly.

[quote name='infamy']I wonder what will be in the SoA if amazing games like Fez and Trials are coming in spring. Lots of good games this year but itll be interesting to see how MS advertises these.[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere a title from Klei (of Shank fame) which involves ninjas (EDIT: Mark of the Ninja) has a distinct possibility of ending up on the Summer of Arcade lineup. I have already listed my highly anticipated 9 XBLA before (and potential 7 if on a good/great discount), I do hope they will be released sometime this year, and if so, they may have a chance to wind up on Summer of Arcade. There are some great titles coming to XBLA, I have MS points ready, I don't want the moon bucks to burn a hole on my screen.

For $#|+s and giggles again,
My hotly anticipated:
Jet Set Radio
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Dungeon Fighter Live
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Fez
Skullgirls
Retro City Rampage
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
My potentials:
Spelunky
Sine Mora
Rayman 3 HD
Charlie Murder
Fire Pro Wrestling
Counter Strike: Global Offense
Sonic 4-2
All have a chance for Summer of Arcade status.

[quote name='Kerig']I'm getting a sinking feeling that MS may tempt RedLynx to hold off on the release date of Trials:E by promising them a top billing in the SoA. It would only make sense to do so.[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen since Trials is already committed to a "Spring 2012" release date.

They don't call the promotion "Spring of Arcade."

So talking about free XBL Content, what does everyone thing about the Free MS Flight Sim. I played it over the weekend once I got it to work on my dual screen Win 8 beta (required driver update). Seems pretty good for free and even though one of the paid packs is Hawaii, you can still fly the entire big island for free. It has achievements and multiplayer.

Is that Fire Pro Wrestling XBLA game still getting made? Hadn't seen news of it in a while. If they realeased a normal HD fire pro I would literally pay hundreds of dollars for it. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is my favorite game by far and the one I've spent the most time in. (hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours)

[quote name='Crono-00']
Welcome to CAG. I see you are less deterred from registration as I was.

I believe the rewards points are dispersed around the middle of the month, around the 15th. So long as the dispersement is greater than 100MSP for reward points issued prior to the current month, it'll be added to your balance. I too bought a few things to take advantage of last month's 5% offer, and passed on a few thanks to the feedback from this thread helping me make a better informed decision.
[/QUOTE]

Thx for the welcome =D well I was kinda confused why I have to wait a few days instead of getting started right now. But well as I said, I follow this Thread (and the other threads before) for some time...soo I could wait a little longer lol....

And I already know pending points will be rewarded 15th each month (Have 120 Pending points from the surveys..) but there are no pending points from february..that was the point that made me a little worried, since pending points normally appeared after some days you fullfilled the conditions...but I think this time the 310 points will be rewarded on April 15th the Rewards-Support told me points from February will be shown this week sometime...

Well, for tomorrow I expect DLC again on DotW since the House Party Promo is still ongoing...but we will see =D

The Fire Pro XBLA project may be on hiatus, though no one really knows for sure. One thing is certain, that new game bore absolutely zero resemblance to the great Fire Pro games of years past. I've invested as much time in FPR as the next guy but I had no intention of buying an avatar game.

I loved FPWR's almost autistic level of detail and hated its almost autistic inability to convey even the most BASIC information through normal people conversation.

Hated that grapple system. Would still pay for just FPWR HD without a second thought. Avatar game? No thanks. It's a wrestling sim, dumbasses. The whole thing is meant to sim pro-wrestling (And some MMA), not as an arcade fighter. You lose ring mystique, you lose the fanbase.

Probably why we hadn't heard anything about that.

[quote name='Turbojugend']The Fire Pro XBLA project may be on hiatus, though no one really knows for sure. One thing is certain, that new game bore absolutely zero resemblance to the great Fire Pro games of years past. I've invested as much time in FPR as the next guy but I had no intention of buying an avatar game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was one of the oddest and infuriating announcements I have seen as a gamer. There truly are a bunch of people at MS who just don't "get it" when it comes to games. Shadowrun fans were begging for another Shadowrun game, and they release an online only shooter which was only half complete (I understand it is a bit of a cult hit, one of my friends loves it, but people were expecting an RPG or a game with an actual plot).

I thought that was bad, but then Fire Pro Wrestling was revealed as an Avatar game with simplified controls? Why use the Fire Pro name in that case? The name won't bring in a large audience alone, the Fire Pro crowd are a distinct bunch and know exactly what makes those games good.

[quote name='wEEman33']Not going to happen since Trials is already committed to a "Spring 2012" release date.

They don't call the promotion "Spring of Arcade."[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think trials 2 in April will happen. I do think Fez may fall all the way to SoA.

Also, "I got 5 on it" by the Luniz is now free for Def Jam Rapstar. I can't be the only one here who owns the game and is actually excited by this.

As always, thanks Spylon!

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Yeah that was one of the oddest and infuriating announcements I have seen as a gamer. There truly are a bunch of people at MS who just don't "get it" when it comes to games. Shadowrun fans were begging for another Shadowrun game, and they release an online only shooter which was only half complete (I understand it is a bit of a cult hit, one of my friends loves it, but people were expecting an RPG or a game with an actual plot).

I thought that was bad, but then Fire Pro Wrestling was revealed as an Avatar game with simplified controls? Why use the Fire Pro name in that case? The name won't bring in a large audience alone, the Fire Pro crowd are a distinct bunch and know exactly what makes those games good.[/QUOTE]

Shadowrun still has an online community, at least the PC GFWL version and I still play it from time to time as well. Probably one of the few cross platform games that was enjoyable.

[quote name='stoned99']So talking about free XBL Content, what does everyone thing about the Free MS Flight Sim. I played it over the weekend once I got it to work on my dual screen Win 8 beta (required driver update). Seems pretty good for free and even though one of the paid packs is Hawaii, you can still fly the entire big island for free. It has achievements and multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft Flight is a Games for Windows Live title so this isn't the right place to discuss it. That said, I do look forward to playing it sometime.

the shadowrun community is very harsh, and they will mercilessly berate you. i got rid of the game due to this fact

Hmmm... Lots of stuff on sale. Looks like they went through my game collection and are trying to piss me off. lol

Yeah, I'm seeing the same Borderlands crap at the same prices for the umpteenth time on xbldb, and Hydrophobia for 400 again but this time for everyone, looks like Recently Reduced.

Must be a last-ditch money grab before Dark Energy Digital makes like the ship in the game and sinks.

Borderlands DLC as DotW. Man they didn't even try during House Party. Hydrophobia and a bunch of overpriced GoD are the recently reduced.

Hmmm.... I've been sitting on some points hoping to see Crysis go down to 1200 points. I'm starting to think I won't be seeing that happen. Red Evil Code Veronica and Res Evil 4 I can see getting a sale to 1200, but not Crysis.

Anyone agree or disagree?

[quote name='zubalove']Hmmm.... I've been sitting on some points hoping to see Crysis go down to 1200 points. I'm starting to think I won't be seeing that happen. Red Evil Code Veronica and Res Evil 4 I can see getting a sale to 1200, but not Crysis.

Anyone agree or disagree?[/QUOTE]

GoD games drop in price pretty infrequently so I say if you're itching to play one and you can't get a disc copy cheaper then just pull the trigger. RE4 hasn't been around long enough to see a drop, if I were a gambling man (and I am) I'd bet you don't see a drop in that for at least 4 months, probably 6.

Any reviews dropped for "I Am Alive" yet? I think I'm going to get heartbroken.

Grabbed Borderlands GOTY for 10$ at BB last year and still havent gotten around to any of the DLC.

Borderlands March 6 – 12
Borderlands Secret Armory 400 (50% off)
Borderlands Zombie Island 400 (50% off)
Borderlands New Revolution 400 (50% off)
Borderlands The Underdome 400 (50% off)
Borderlands Claptrap 220 (31% off)
Borderlands Treasure Chest 160 (33% off)

Hack-n-Slash March 13 – 19
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale 600 (50% off)
The Baconing 600 (50% off)
Torchlight 600 (50% off)
Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team 400 (50% off)

Special Sales Discount Dates Price
Konami 50% Off Sale March 13 – 19
X-Men 400 (50% off)
Castlevania HOD 600 (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse 400 (50% off)
Castlevania SON 400 (50% off)
Battle: Los Angeles 400 (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone 400 (50% off)
Hard Corps: Uprising 600 (50% off)
BurgerTime HD 400 (50% off)
Puddle 400 (50% off)
Leedmees 400 (50% off)
Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Reverie 400 (50% off)
Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Resurrection 400 (50% off)

Ask and ye shall receive. There's a new post on his blog, but he hasn't tweeted it yet. Looks like actual XBLA games next week AND a decent konami sale.

I already have Borderlands GOTY. So no sale there.
I wish I had waited to until now to pick up the Baconing. I picked it up at full price last month. :cry:
The Konami sale doesn't have anything too exciting. I may pick up the Castlevania LOS DLC for the hell of it even if I haven't played the actual game yet. Any feedback on the quality of those? Recommendations?
Castlevania HOD taunts me yet again, but I still won't bite. Not a fan of multiplayer grinding.

It's absolutely hilarious that they still expect people to pay for Daggerdale.

Yes Lord of Shadows DLC on sale finally. I will pay $10 for both. Anyone actually play it yet? The DLC that is.

Edit: Might bite on Baconing only to complete the series. I was pretty done with it by the end of the 2nd one though.

FInally, the lords of shadow DLC is on sale next week. Now I just need to rebuy the game to play those. Anybody have any thoughts on those DLC packs?

At least Burgertime will go on sale. One arcade bone thrown our way.

Zombies Never Die Alone was a recent release already seeing a discount alongside Puddle. Might try the demo for that one though.

Glad I didn't buy the Clastlevania: LoS DLC last month. $10 a pop is outrageous. $10 for both is much less offensive.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']FInally, the lords of shadow DLC is on sale next week. Now I just need to rebuy the game to play those. Anybody have any thoughts on those DLC packs?[/QUOTE]

Here, here. Finally that Castlevania:LoS DLC is on sale. Needed an excuse to play my copy which sits at #58 on my backlog. :roll:

Dude, more retread, and another Borderlands sale?! Almost funny how many times it has been on sale, this is at least 3-4 times I can think of, and how silly when you can purchase disc based for what, 10 dollars? Great game. I wish the DLC sales they would at least toss an arcade game in the sale mix.

Well, I will have points sitting around for another month. ha.

the CAG in me says to wait longer for a better sale on Daggerdale and Torchlight. X-Men and Castlevania: HOD though seem worth it at those prices. Will wait until next week.

I might pick up Castlevania SON since i've never played it. Burgertime HD - I think I'd rather just have the original Burgertime. I need to give the trial of Puddle a spin.

Torchlight has already been on sale for 400 and isn't Daggerdale broken to the point of being unplayable ?

Prolly pick up Burgertime though.

Heads up, my copy of Castlevania LoS I got for $8 from the Dec Best Buy sale says it comes with a copy of SotN. I'm going by the sticker on the cover of them game, since its still buried in my backlog and have yet to open it.

Also, X-men was 200 pts last April and Daggerdale was free* end of last year.

*-in Taiwan

[quote name='shivan128']the CAG in me says to wait longer for a better sale on Daggerdale and Torchlight. X-Men and Castlevania: HOD though seem worth it at those prices. Will wait until next week.[/QUOTE]

Daggerdale isn't worth even 400 MSP imo...maybe when it will ever reach 200 MSP lol

Torchlight is great! But was on sale for 400 MSP we can expect that this may happen again!

X-Men was down to 200 MSP already but I would say well worth at 400 MSP

Castlevania HoD IS worth 600 MSp so yeah I agree =P

So what about the Lords of Shadow DLC? Is it worth it? I don't even own the main game yet but it's still on my to-buy list =P (along with a huuuuuuuge backlog of already bought games lol)

And third time Hardcorps is on sale...don't know if I should pick this up =/ I really like it but....it seems kinda hard .___."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back