XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know an approximate length for Rayman 3? I'm thinking 8-10 hours, as it was a full retail release years ago, but I'd like to find out and can't find much on Google.

[quote name='Exu']Bit daft how only the Dreadnought DLC for Space Marine is on offer when the Chaos pack that released earlier is not. Always thought 800 was far too much...[/QUOTE]

Especially how the dash says that it is 50% off and the website says it is part of the sale (despite the price not changing).

[quote name='lordrex217']Especially how the dash says that it is 50% off and the website says it is part of the sale (despite the price not changing).[/QUOTE]

I expect this to drop overnight unless someone at MS is alerted. Same as the other warhammer dlc, it didn't drop at the usual time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Anybody know an approximate length for Rayman 3? I'm thinking 8-10 hours, as it was a full retail release years ago, but I'd like to find out and can't find much on Google.[/QUOTE]
thats probably about right. there isn't any backtracking or open world nonsense either, so for a single player, level based platformer game, its pretty lengthy.

[quote name='taylort3']thats probably about right. there isn't any backtracking or open world nonsense either, so for a single player, level based platformer game, its pretty lengthy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Does either of the Saints Row 2 DLC on sale offer addition single-player missions? The description on Xbox.com hints at it but never explicitly says so.

[quote name='dashrendar']Does either of the Saints Row 2 DLC on sale offer addition single-player missions? The description on Xbox.com hints at it but never explicitly says so.[/QUOTE]
You get 2 or 3 bonus missions you can do either single or co-op. Honestly each pack has about 15-20 minutes worth of mission playtime tops.

I tried the demo of costume quest, it seems just okay to me. My main concern, the demo was very repetitive.
Go trick or treating at all the houses, where most had grubbins in them to fight. Is this the format for the whole game? Every fight coming from trick or treating at a house?

Edit: I tried the demo for joe danger, Ive been waiting for this one to go on sale as it is pretty highly reviewed, though I didn't really care for it. Ill try it again in a few days to see if it grew on me.

[quote name='Artrigis']I tried the demo of costume quest, it seems just okay to me. My main concern, the demo was very repetitive.
Go trick or treating at all the houses, where most had grubbins in them to fight. Is this the format for the whole game? Every fight coming from trick or treating at a house?

Edit: I tried the demo for joe danger, Ive been waiting for this one to go on sale as it is pretty highly reviewed, though I didn't really care for it. Ill try it again in a few days to see if it grew on me.[/QUOTE]

The locales change to the graveyard, mall, etc. There are some mini games and boss fights too. The various costumes are fun too. The game has zero replay value, but it's an awesome ride the first time around. The demo doesn't do it justice. Pick it up.

Since 2 of my friends have Never Die Alone i bought it today in the last second of the sale. I have to say this is the worst game that i have got on XBLA so far. It's really bad and boring even in co-op. It's the same quality as that pile of s... Ghostbusters Arcade. -_-

[quote name='Artrigis']
Edit: I tried the demo for joe danger, Ive been waiting for this one to go on sale as it is pretty highly reviewed, though I didn't really care for it. Ill try it again in a few days to see if it grew on me.[/QUOTE]

I don't get all of the praise for Joe Danger. It sure have a lot of content, but the core gameplay is not fun to me + it's really repetitive.

FINALLY Grubbins on Ice goes on sale.

I like both Costume Quest and Joe Danger.

I got the free Santa Danger ATV Pack game add-on back in December. It was only free for a week.

I wonder if they'll bring that free add-on back for the 2012 holiday season.

[quote name='Sath666']Since 2 of my friends have Never Die Alone i bought it today in the last second of the sale. I have to say this is the worst game that i have got on XBLA so far. It's really bad and boring even in co-op. It's the same quality as that pile of s... Ghostbusters Arcade. -_-

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree I was disappointed in it. How do you mess up a zombie game?

Just got home after leaving for class at 7am EST. Big thanks to everyone for the patience and Outinthedark for putting together the OP for me to just drop in. Just need to make a few tweeks.

Edit: Ok, OP should be almost done. I'm running on fumes so I'm going to chill and adjust any issues tomorrow. I don't thin I saw it, but did we figure out Ace Combat?

If i read the article correct Walking Dead arcade game will be in 5 episodes. I am correct in saying that the game comes out next month with a price of.........400 MSP! Game looks pretty good with cell shaded graphics.

What is worth getting? I still bought this new, unopened for $10 and never have been able to get to it yet! XD But when I do, what is worth getting now? I don't really care about the Multiplayer, just any story-element DLC is what I'm interested in and would like to know which of the on sale items is worth getting that contributes to the story.

Thanks for your insight!

[quote name='ooga']The locales change to the graveyard, mall, etc. There are some mini games and boss fights too. The various costumes are fun too. The game has zero replay value, but it's an awesome ride the first time around. The demo doesn't do it justice. Pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Excellent way to describe the game.

[quote name='Sath666']I don't get all of the praise for Joe Danger. It sure have a lot of content, but the core gameplay is not fun to me + it's really repetitive.[/QUOTE]

Ya, Joe Danger didn't do anything for me either. I had to force myself to beat it on PSN.

[quote name='reddjoey']Edit: Ok, OP should be almost done. I'm running on fumes so I'm going to chill and adjust any issues tomorrow. I don't thin I saw it, but did we figure out Ace Combat?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone really mentioned it, must not have piqued anyone's interest. I have no idea why it's on sale (and GOLD EXCLUSIVE), but it's on sale on PSN as well.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If i read the article correct Walking Dead arcade game will be in 5 episodes. I am correct in saying that the game comes out next month with a price of.........400 MSP! Game looks pretty good with cell shaded graphics.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I heard each episode will be 400msp. I don't like TellTale games, but not a bad price for those interested in this.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']What is worth getting? I still bought this new, unopened for $10 and never have been able to get to it yet! XD But when I do, what is worth getting now? I don't really care about the Multiplayer, just any story-element DLC is what I'm interested in and would like to know which of the on sale items is worth getting that contributes to the story.

Thanks for your insight![/QUOTE]

I haven't played any of it, but I think Minerva's Den and Protector Trials are the only 2 with single player content. Minerva's Den is considered one of the better pieces of single player DLC content of all time, and Protector Trials was described earlier as "Bioshock 2 Horde Mode".

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If i read the article correct Walking Dead arcade game will be in 5 episodes. I am correct in saying that the game comes out next month with a price of.........400 MSP! Game looks pretty good with cell shaded graphics.[/QUOTE]

400 per chapter. $25 like all other platforms.

It will be interesting to see if Microsoft can keep a steady schedule for the Walking Dead episodes or if they'll screw them over like they did with the Wallace & Gromit season.

Demo'd the 2 games I didn't own:

Apples to Apples - Definitely not gonna buy. Single player is really stupid, local multiplayer requires 3 people, and I don't see that playing this online with friends or random people would be fun. However, the actual board game seems kind of fun to play with friends while drinking.

Voltron - Still debating, if anyone has any impressions please feel free to post them. I don't love how zoomed out the camera is, but the controls aren't too bad, there's a decent amount of variety in the attacks, and it feels quite a bit better than Sanctum of Slime. I think the only thing holding me back is that I probably have a half-dozen XBLA/PSN twin stick shooters in my backlog already...

Damn I picked up everything thq had on sale that I didn't own all ready but the avatar gear and the rapture metro pack. I'm still debating on the metropack I bought the other dlc during previous sale but I have still yet to put more than 2 hours into the game.

I was going to pass on apples to apples but I always think at some point maybe I'll have friends over and will play it while drinking or something.

[quote name='Sath666']

I don't get all of the praise for Joe Danger. It sure have a lot of content, but the core gameplay is not fun to me + it's really repetitive.[/QUOTE]

It's one of those different tastes games I think. I like Joe Danger quite a bit. The xbla purchase I regret the most is Trials and I got it on sale. I don't understand the hype for the sequel around here at all. Some games just aren't for everybody though.

[quote name='pastorscott19']Thoughts on Stacking and Costume Quest if I was only getting one?[/QUOTE]

They're very different games.

Stacking is an adventure game focused puzzle solving. Costume Quest is a simple turn based RPG with a heavy focus on the Halloween theme.

I say try them both out. I'm a big adventure game fan and dislike turn based RPGs, but I think I might actually prefer Costume Quest out of the two. I love them both though.

Just bought Stacking and its DLC after playing the demo. Loved the music and thought it was funny and interesting. Also bought Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 after hearing how great it is, even though I'm only renting the game actual game. Damn and to think I had over 4000 Microsoft points a couple months ago and now I'm down to almost nothing. :X oh well, heh.

[quote name='Slappybob']Note To Xbox and 2K, Bioshock 2 was not good enough to spend any money on DLC. Stop having sales on it[/QUOTE]

Everybody has their own opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. Bioshock 2 may not have been as good as its predecessor however in my opinion it was an excellent game. I wasn't quite as captivated as I was with my first playthrough of Bioshock, mainly because I loved the original's story. However, I still still think it is better than 95% of the games that have been put out since its release in early 2010.

And as others have stated, Minerva's Den may be the best DLC I have ever played. And the Protector Trials provided enough gameplay to kill a few hours if you like to be inventive and think of all possible ways to slaughter some splicers. I also found it thoroughly enjoyable.

If you enjoy Bioshock/Bioshock2 at all, the discounted price for Minerva's Den and the Protector Trials is some of the best invested gaming dollars you can spend. I'm not a fan of deals being re-hashed for the umphteenth time either, as there is nothing that interests me for the next 2 weeks, however I wouldn't discourage people from buying just because I've "been there, done that".

Sidenote: glad to join CAG, been a longtime lurker who pops in a couple times a day to see if deals come along, but seldom have enough time to post anything worthwhile. (mainly because I'm a perfectionist and it takes me forever to articulate my thoughts on screen). Love the community, you guys are great, and I hope I can add to it.

[quote name='reddjoey']

Current Monthly Rewards (Feb):

-Stay Gold and get 5% back on your February Marketplace purchases! (Must be gold 2/1 - 2/29 - For specifics visit the wiki or the official page).
[/QUOTE]

Honestly, joey I'm not sure how you keep up with most of this, buuuuut if you get the opportunity, March is almost over and, well, ahem.... :whistle2:#

[quote name='bardockkun']You get 2 or 3 bonus missions you can do either single or co-op. Honestly each pack has about 15-20 minutes worth of mission playtime tops.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Will keep my spacebucks this week then.

So OT but relevant to all this DLC we are buying. So EA is shutting down some more servers this April and an interesting thing will happen. All those with the "Midnight Show" DLC for The Saboteur will no longer have access to the DLC since it requires a server verification. This is really some crazy BS since it is a SP game. Not to mention EA still sells the Challenge Map Pack for Army of Two even though the only way to play those is online and they shut that server down a year ago. Either way I have never been a fan of Online passes but now with the realization that SP content for games like Dragon Age II (maybe not), Mass Effect 3 may not actually be usable 5 years down the road really irks me. Anyway, something to think about when buying DLC down the road...especially for older games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So OT but relevant to all this DLC we are buying. So EA is shutting down some more servers this April and an interesting thing will happen. All those with the "Midnight Show" DLC for The Saboteur will no longer have access to the DLC since it requires a server verification. This is really some crazy BS since it is a SP game. Not to mention EA still sells the Challenge Map Pack for Army of Two even though the only way to play those is online and they shut that server down a year ago. Either way I have never been a fan of Online passes but now with the realization that SP content for games like Dragon Age II (maybe not), Mass Effect 3 may not actually be usable 5 years down the down really irks me. Anyway, something to think about when buying DLC down the road...especially for older games.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that people are finally starting to realize this. Software preservation was hard enough BEFORE server authentication, DLC, etc.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm glad that people are finally starting to realize this. Software preservation was hard enough BEFORE server authentication, DLC, etc.[/QUOTE]

True... EA should really be taken to task for their poorly-thought out server policies.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So OT but relevant to all this DLC we are buying. So EA is shutting down some more servers this April and an interesting thing will happen. All those with the "Midnight Show" DLC for The Saboteur will no longer have access to the DLC since it requires a server verification. This is really some crazy BS since it is a SP game. Not to mention EA still sells the Challenge Map Pack for Army of Two even though the only way to play those is online and they shut that server down a year ago. Either way I have never been a fan of Online passes but now with the realization that SP content for games like Dragon Age II (maybe not), Mass Effect 3 may not actually be usable 5 years down the road really irks me. Anyway, something to think about when buying DLC down the road...especially for older games.[/QUOTE]

Give em' an inch and they'll stretch as far as they can... I sensed with the concept of DLC that the innocent beginnings as a way to prolong games' relevancy would be horribly exploited. You acquiesced people. :roll:

Big fan of Bioshock 2's DLC. Protector Trials is good fun actiony Bioshock 2 combat. If you liked wrecking the place in endgame tier combat, Protector Trials is fun stuff.

Minerva's Den is just great all around. I think the ending was a bit forced but I'll take it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Big fan of Bioshock 2's DLC. Protector Trials is good fun actiony Bioshock 2 combat. If you liked wrecking the place in endgame tier combat, Protector Trials is fun stuff.

Minerva's Den is just great all around. I think the ending was a bit forced but I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

yea i just recently beat minveras den. i picked it up ages ago on a sale. i did enjoy it.

and more end game tier crazy combat???? sign me up lol. i got 800 points sitting on my account. getting the rest of the DLC for 400 sounds good to me.

[quote name='Cornelius']You'd think I would've heeded my own advice & gotten my February purchases out of the way before Feb. 29th @ mid-day, in case someone made a SQL query error pulling the qualifying purchases. :)[/QUOTE]
Apparently, all Rewards periods are based upon GMT (aka someone @ ePrize is making lazy SQL queries), so keep this in mind if you plan to make purchases or renewals towards a promotion. However, I doubt that neither MS or ePrize realized that time-zones are omitted from their promotion terms by listing periods such as "March 1 - 31".

And worse, I've caught a glaring inconsistency in the Reward program's T&C. :D

Just realized that the THQ sale includes Dreadnought DLC for Space Marine but not Chaos Unleashed... those maps/characters/weapons packs released in multiple shots are a real pain... :roll:

Finally picking up Stacking and probably it's DLC.

Will pick up Joe Danger. Does anyone have any comments on Sega Rally? I've read there isn't any customization but is it a realistic racer?

Also, I enjoy The Walking Dead but after Telltale crushed my fond memories of Jurrasic Park, I won't get my hopes up.

[quote name='Narsis84']Does anyone have any comments on Sega Rally? I've read there isn't any customization but is it a realistic racer?
[/QUOTE]

It's not realistic at all, it's very arcadey, it's exactly like the Sega Rally Revo so if you have that I'd not bother. If you don't I think it's worth a go at 400 points.

Picked up Grubbins on Ice and the Red Faction DLC. Tried Voltron but I wasn't a fan.

Thanks for a well updated OP Reddjoey.

So glad I waited on Daytona USA. I really wanted it but had a feeling it would go to discount in a few months. As for walking dead. I liked Back to the Future and Strongbad from telltale. Didn't care for the other games they did but it is 400 points I'll pay that to try the first episode.

[quote name='Cornelius']Apparently, all Rewards periods are based upon GMT (aka someone @ ePrize is making lazy SQL queries), so keep this in mind if you plan to make purchases or renewals towards a promotion. However, I doubt that neither MS or ePrize realized that time-zones are omitted from their promotion terms by listing periods such as "March 1 - 31".

And worse, I've caught a glaring inconsistency in the Reward program's T&C. :D[/QUOTE]

Xbox Rewards is a farce and run by monkeys.

Dropped them a month or so back because of their blatant lies and purposefully skewed T&C. ePrize is a horrible company and when Microsoft themselves dumped the program to them it went down the shitter.

Lost a 7 year gold sub over it and funny enough the misc sales have been better than DOTW for quite a long time now. Lots of rehash sales just haven't been appealing. Only thing I miss really...sending a message via the web. I can't believe sending a PM is behind a pay wall.

[quote name='benjamouth']It's not realistic at all, it's very arcadey, it's exactly like the Sega Rally Revo so if you have that I'd not bother. If you don't I think it's worth a go at 400 points.

Picked up Grubbins on Ice and the Red Faction DLC. Tried Voltron but I wasn't a fan.

Thanks for a well updated OP Reddjoey.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and thanks again to Reddjoey.

One last question. Does it have that BS "tethering", When no matter how bad or how good you are, the rest of the herd is always right there with you? Thanks to magical speed boosts for lower positioning.

[quote name='Narsis84']Thanks for the info and thanks again to Reddjoey.

One last question. Does it have that BS "tethering", When no matter how bad or how good you are, the rest of the herd is always right there with you? Thanks to magical speed boosts for lower positioning.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I believe there may be some rubber-banding, it's not that bad though, I stuck it on the "hardest" difficulty the other day for an achievement and I didn't have too many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back