XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
These sales usually last through Monday, right? I am contemplating the W@W maps, but don't have enough points. And I'd rather stop by my normal MS point shop (Gamestop) that I'll be passing anyway Mon than make a special trip tomorrow. Thanks.

Just fun reading through all these posts about the emails we all used for our accounts, mine has been linked to my Yahoo since I made it i'm pretty sure.

Nothing can be worse than this:

My dad still uses, and pays a monthly fee for (without it being an actual ISP), an AOL E-mail account.

I remember back in the dial-up days I was too cheap to spring for AOL, so I went with WMConnect.com: the fake wal-mart brand AOL :)

Pinball FX2 Avengers: New 4-pack coming soon! (May)
images
images

World War Hulk looks awesome; his missions seem to consist of beating the life out of every other Marvel hero.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Eh what the heck? Anyone else ever have their hotmail randomly blocked for no reason?

Logged in for the first time in about a week and it says i was blocked. No sent emails, no charges on my account, just makes me wonder. (Had the account for 4+ years too, had this happen before)[/QUOTE]
Mine has been locked out for a few months. I have been too lazy to get it fixed, but I need to soon because it's preventing me from setting up my old 360 with a different hdd. It wants me to recover the xbl account to use it, but since the email won't work, I'm kinda screwed.

And I was also told I had to use a MS email when I created my gamertag. I've probably had that hotmail account for about 15 yrs lol. But I haven't used it for anything other than xbl in about 10. gmail ftw

[quote name='Kerig']Nothing can be worse than this:

My dad still uses, and pays a monthly fee for (without it being an actual ISP), an AOL E-mail account.

I remember back in the dial-up days I was too cheap to spring for AOL, so I went with WMConnect.com: the fake wal-mart brand AOL :)

[/QUOTE]

I work in tech support and you'd be surprised how many still use aol. At least there aren't many problems with it. The only provider I hate is yahoo because they keep messing with their server settings. I still have one but its pretty much my email for ads and spam that I want to receive.
I created a brand new email for my xbox because I was afraid of getting my account compromised. Its funny because I created another tag and used sleepydumbdude on hotmail.com and its been taken like 3 times. Its pretty much a throw away tag that has never had live or a credit card tied to it so they can take it as much as they want.
When my friend came over to recover his gamertag I seen her had a juno email connected to it. I don't even know if the email still works.

Anyways played Fez and think I'll skip. I sort of liked it but doesn't feel like something I would want to sit down and play on xbox. If the game was on a tablet or cell phone I would probably purchase it.

So anyone play sour patch kids or find out the length of the game yet? I just want to know if I am going to at least least get 2-3 hours out of it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']That explains it then. I made my account back in 2007, and it said i HAD to use mine. Otherwise i'd have used my Gmail account in an instant.

Guess now i'll see if theres any sort of way to change my email address

[quote name='infamy']The demo doesn't do the full game justice. Demos almost never do.[/QUOTE]Makes me yearn for the days of old when every PC game came with an awesome demo that was of respectable length and quality (notables include StarCraft, Battlefield 2, Half-Life).

[quote name='Kerig']

Pinball FX2 Avengers: New 4-pack coming soon! (May)
images
images

World War Hulk looks awesome; his missions seem to consist of beating the life out of every other Marvel hero.[/QUOTE]

Now that's pretty awesome news considering that I read those comic books and I enjoy playing pinball!!

When is it coming out? I'd presume before May 4th, the avengers movie!

Pinball FX really has a hard-on for Marvel stuff. This'll be their 3rd Marvel pack. Does Marvel have a deal with Microsoft like DC has with Sony, or?

I'm feeling pretty old, my hotmail e-mail has been my main e-mail since 2004. I remember the days when my parents paid for AOL, lololol. It's nice that we still have the e-mail accounts without having to pay.

I'd be embarrassed about my hotmail address (I mean, for someone who's never heard of it before, doesn't "hot"mail sound kinda sketch? On first look, you wouldn't associate it with Microsoft) if not for the fact that I'm much more embarrassed about the stuff before the @.
And here's the kicker, my new more professional e-mail I made last year is also @ hotmail.com, for the sake of convenience.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Pinball FX really has a hard-on for Marvel stuff. This'll be their 3rd Marvel pack. Does Marvel have a deal with Microsoft like DC has with Sony, or?[/QUOTE]
Zen Studios isn't owned by MS, so there's no connection there. The same tables will be on PS3 and Vita at the same time when Zen Pinball 2 launches.

I'm pretty sure this will be the last Marvel 4 pack for FX2 for a while... Zen is working on a few other Marvel tables (Doctor Strange and another that isn't coming to mind) but they will most likely be single releases.

We are in store for some more of Zen's original work this year (yay!) and also a table themed by a popular Popcap game. I'm guessing either Peggle or PvZ.

Most people seem to be tired of the Marvel stuff... I haven't grown tired of it yet. I enjoy just about every one of the Marvel tables because of the complex missions and rule sets rather than the theme. I'm definatley looking forward to the Avengers 4 pack. From what I've seen these table will quite good. We'll see when they release, but I have faith in Zen to do a good job.

On the other hand... I wouldn't mind them mixing it up a little bit lol.

I haven't bought a full priced table yet, but I've scooped up everything that's ever been on sale. Definitely looking forward to some more marvel tables.

Also looking forward to pinball FX 2 making its way to Windows Phone.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i'm enjoying pinball arcade more than pinball fx2[/QUOTE]

Anything specific about the two that makes you prefer it? Ball physics, real world tables vs. FX2's licensed and created ones, or just the overall fun of the tables themselves?

[quote name='bajingo']I too thought you had to use an @live email addy to use all of Xbox.com features, weird[/QUOTE]
Microsoft Passport ID's (currently known as LiveID's) can be affiliated with any domain, as long as that domain isn't a corporate-affiliated domain used within that company for email. For example, up until 2005, you could actually use "[email protected]" with any possible name, even if someone at Microsoft had that actual email address like "billg". But then Messenger & (what become) Lync got smart and created "affiliated domains", creating a service where centrally-managed domains (including "microsoft.com") could reserve & manage their Passport accounts. Yahoo & AOL, I believe, are also setup as affiliated domains, so that only the actual email address's owner can manage that particular account.

However, it really bites to have to memorize 2 different passwords ...
  • 1 for the actual email
  • 1 for the MS-managed Passport account
... not to mention someone else using that ID as their Passport, thereby being allowed to represent YOU on any Passport-enabled MS or 3rd-party site ... regardless if the Passport doesn't match the email address.

Therefore, it's strongly suggested to tie your Passport to 1 of MS's free email domains:
  • hotmail.com
  • live.com
  • msn.com ... but only if you PAY for MSN!

... tl;dr ... :D

Long story short, it's better to use 1 of MS's free domains, so that not only you tie points & account ownership to a valid email address that MS can monitor, but you also avoid potential problems down the road when you want to integrate with other Passport services dependent upon those domains (like Skydrive, Lync conferencing, or simply managing your Passport billing services).

BTW, if you didn't know about these 2 URL's to manage your Passport, you should know

Clear enough? :)

[quote name='louiedog']Anything specific about the two that makes you prefer it? Ball physics, real world tables vs. FX2's licensed and created ones, or just the overall fun of the tables themselves?[/QUOTE]

all of the above:applause:

[quote name='ivegotalobon']A demo is there to sell a game to someone. Yes in the sense of all features not unlocked etc a demo will never do the full game justice but if a casual gamer who may be interested in purchasing your game and is on the fence, doesn't buy because the demo turns them off, t's doing it wrong & it has failed in it's primary objective.
[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that XBLA games basically have to use their first level/area as the mode, AFAIK. It's not like downloading a separate demo ala the awesome Crackdown demo from a few years back. Some games do just start out slow or have large learning curves. Edit: corrected about the first level bit!

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I think some people have a serious misunderstanding in regards to reviews. What their purpose is, who they are intended for, and ultimately what to take away from them. If everyone agreed all the time in regards to reviews, we wouldn't need 50 different review sites all reviewing the same games. For some reason there has been a serious breakdown in regards to the understanding of what subjective means and a significant percentage of gamers seem completely incapable of accepting opinions that differ from their own and that there is no right and wrong in regards to subjective opinions. They read a review that differs from their own opinion and they get all pissed off and start making demeaning comments toward the reviewer and website. Such things really speak to the maturity level of the gamers. Given there are a lot of young gamers out there and that may in fact be the problem.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. We had a debate about the subject just a couple of weeks ago that the mods yanked out of the thread. As a reviewer, it makes me really sad to see when people bash particular outlets or reviews for totally unfair and/or unrealistic reasons.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']
Not to get involved in the Fez's creator debate but how many of you not buying Fez bought Shadow Complex?[/QUOTE]

Good point. Orson Scott Card is a horrible person and I find it hard to get enthusiastic about stuff with his name on it. But I bought the game anyway because I'm able to separate the artist from the art (and he was only one of many contributors in this case).

[quote name='eastx']Keep in mind that XBLA games basically have to use their first level/area as the mode, AFAIK. It's not like downloading a separate demo ala the awesome Crackdown demo from a few years back. Some games do just start out slow or have large learning curves.[/QUOTE]
They should start from the beginning, but there's nothing that says that they have to. The Fez demo starts with the second level with none of the story build-up that happens at the beginning of the game. It just starts you with a basic platforming sequence that shows off the rotation mechanic, though I'm not sure how much further it goes.

[quote name='Trojann']Dammit when is Banjo Kazooie going to be on sale :([/QUOTE]

Was on sale in April. However, I'd recommend just buying it. Even if you've beaten it 500 times, there's no way anybody could ever regret spending $15 on that game!

[quote name='Trojann']Dammit when is Banjo Kazooie going to be on sale :([/QUOTE]
Probably not within the next few weeks. Though during every seasonal sale it does seem to pop up here and there.

[quote name='eastx']

Good point. Orson Scott Card is a horrible person and I find it hard to get enthusiastic about stuff with his name on it. But I bought the game anyway because I'm able to separate the artist from the art (and he was only one of many contributors in this case).[/QUOTE]

Orson Scott Card is a terrible person? Please don't tell me this has anything to do with his Mormon faith.

Fish is not a horrible person either, he may have been rude to the Japanese man who asked him a question, but he was honest and gave his answer. His comments are also exactly what the Japanese development teams need to hear, in addition to Inafune's criticism.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Orson Scott Card is a terrible person? Please don't tell me this has anything to do with his Mormon faith.[/QUOTE]

I say this because of his hatred of gay people and desire to oppress them. But we definitely don't want to start a debate on that subject! ;)

He's a very outspoken homophobe and equates gays to lesser people. That and he's Mormon... Kidding

I bought banjo kazooie years ago but cant get into it (one of those games where nostalgia is required and I never played it as a youngin), is banjo tooie more of the same?

[quote name='bajingo']He's a very outspoken homophobe and equates gays to lesser people. That and he's Mormon... Kidding

I bought banjo kazooie years ago but cant get into it (one of those games where nostalgia is required and I never played it as a youngin), is banjo tooie more of the same?[/QUOTE]
banjo tooie is a helluva lot bigger, but otherwise more of the same. and you seriously couldnt get into banjo? Dude, give it another chance, they don't make platformers like that anymore!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Was on sale in April. However, I'd recommend just buying it. Even if you've beaten it 500 times, there's no way anybody could ever regret spending $15 on that game![/QUOTE]

What?!?! When in April was it on sale? I want the first and second one

Anyone hear anything about deals coming up in the next couple of weeks? I know there's that promotion starting, but I'm hoping for some decent sales.

[quote name='eastx']I say this because of his hatred of gay people and desire to oppress them. But we definitely don't want to start a debate on that subject! ;)[/QUOTE]

^ This. And I'll never forgive him for what he did to Hamlet. Made Strange Brew look like a loving homage in comparison. Then again, I think Strange Brew was always a loving homage to Hamlet....

[quote name='Kerig']Tried Fez, ended up buying A Voxel Action for 80msp instead. Something about the jumping in Fez felt wrong, not unlike he had a fully-loaded diaper.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious description about the jumping in Fez, and you're right, he doesn't have a lot of maneuverability in the air.

[quote name='bajingo']

I bought banjo kazooie years ago but cant get into it (one of those games where nostalgia is required and I never played it as a youngin), is banjo tooie more of the same?[/QUOTE]

Exact same. If you don't like BK, no need to check out BT.

[quote name='00-shoe']What's up with Hydro Thunder being full price? I thought I had until Tuesday in the early morning to cash in on a Live family deal.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale the first week of April. (The 3rd through the 10th). It's been back to full price since the 10th.

[quote name='Trojann']What?!?! When in April was it on sale? I want the first and second one[/QUOTE]

April 26-May 3, 2011

http://xbldb.com/offers/001-c60

[quote name='Ciffy']Anyone hear anything about deals coming up in the next couple of weeks? I know there's that promotion starting, but I'm hoping for some decent sales.[/QUOTE]

Tuesday! And you're probably safe to give up hope.

[quote name='taylort3']banjo tooie is a helluva lot bigger, but otherwise more of the same. and you seriously couldnt get into banjo? Dude, give it another chance, they don't make platformers like that anymore![/QUOTE]

I couldn't, I rented it and played it maybe 2 hours and took it back when it was on 64. My wife bought it on 360 and I gave it another shot and liked it. I got bored of Tooie though but might be because I played it right after beating the first one. Still have yet to go back to it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Any guesses about the next 2 weeks DotWs? I'm going with Halo DLC and Force Unleashed DLC.[/QUOTE]
It seems time for some Bad Company 2 items to go on sale again. I haven't seen em discounted since August which is quite some time. They were being discounted every 3-4 months for a while there.

Hoping for some War of the Worlds to get the drop. Happy Action Theatre is way too early to be discounted. Maybe in June perhaps.....

More Pinball FX tables would be awesome. Though I'm also hoping for some Rock Band 3 and Dance Central 2 DLC as well. Otherwise can't think of much else I want DLC wise.

Come on Simpsons arcade. I'm ashamed I haven't bought it yet considering when I was a kid I cried my eyes out for it and my dad took me to the store and bought Bart vs. the Space Mutant not realizing that shitty game wasn't the same game, it shut me up being like 5 but still, I'm to cheap to pay full price especially when X-Men arcade dropped so quickly.

[quote name='Dustinator']It seems time for some Bad Company 2 items to go on sale again. I haven't seen em discounted since August which is quite some time. They were being discounted every 3-4 months for a while there.

Hoping for some War of the Worlds to get the drop. Happy Action Theatre is way too early to be discounted. Maybe in June perhaps.....[/QUOTE]

Ya, BFBC2 definitely has a shot. And there seemed to be a good amount of copies of Happy Action Theater on the CAG XBL trade thread, you may be able to score one for $5-$6 Paypal if you're that interested in the game.

[quote name='00-shoe']Thank you, tylerh1701[/QUOTE]

Ya, sorry. I made the comment more to express the probable lameness of the coming deals, not to start speculation. Oh well, this thread is slow.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Come on Simpsons arcade. I'm ashamed I haven't bought it yet considering when I was a kid I cried my eyes out for it and my dad took me to the store and bought Bart vs. the Space Mutant not realizing that shitty game wasn't the same game, it shut me up being like 5 but still, I'm to cheap to pay full price especially when X-Men arcade dropped so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, Simpsons Arcade is not nearly as good as you remember.

I'd pay no more than $5 for it.

[quote name='wEEman33']Trust me, Simpsons Arcade is not nearly as good as you remember.

I'd pay no more than $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

100% agree....I got it for cheap off a CAG and really dont expect to play it again.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I don't even know what I'd want to be on sale.

Re4 or Crysis?[/QUOTE]
buy RE 4 at full price and hope for a sale on crysis

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I hope Risk Factions goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I hope you die in a fire. :)

I would love for Trenched or even Iron Brigade to go on sale. Maybe a shmup sale again; I don't think Ikaruga was on sale last time and I've really been wanting to play that.

But I'm with the majority here; Risk Factions, Borderlands DLC or some other FPS DLC is much much more likely. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back