XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Lemstar']Does anyone know if this can be installed and run off the HD without the disc in?[/QUOTE]

It has DRM on the disc, you can't copy and move the games.

I had to grab Alan Wake: AN.

Games like this get me at the edge of my seat, some I love and play through the whole game (Alan Wake, Dead Space, RE), but there's some that freak me the fuck out (Fatal Frame, Dead Space 2) and I never finish them, lol!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Since when does Kinect Adventure come with Microsoft points?!? I've never seen that.[/QUOTE]

The majority of Kinect titles (i.e. adventures, sports, star wars, kinectanimals[sp], disneyland, plus a couple others) have inserts inside them advertising various ways to enhance your xbox 360 experience. It's family friendly software so they try to show other ways to get the most out of it, and tell them a few items they can buy for their avatars in the market place.

I have family members, and co-workers who have the games and told me about it/showed me the insert.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']The majority of Kinect titles (i.e. adventures, sports, star wars, kinectanimals[sp], disneyland, plus a couple others) have inserts inside them advertising various ways to enhance your xbox 360 experience. It's family friendly software so they try to show other ways to get the most out of it, and tell them a few items they can buy for their avatars in the market place.

I have family members, and co-workers who have the games and told me about it/showed me the insert.[/QUOTE]

wow, really...I'll have to start checking my Kinect titles and ask my friends. I have seen some in Kinect Sports 2, but NEVER in Kinect Adventures. Very interesting.

Mark of the Ninja: cool but with it showing 800msp on Nelson's list a week or so ago I'm spoiled and now have to wait for a sale on it. Besides, no matter how much Shipwreck likes it, it's just so...dark...literally, not the story.

Rock Band Blitz: I love it, but the tracklist it comes with is balls short. Definitely worth the $2 (@gamestop) + 400msp to import RB1. Trying the EA support for RB2, but 800 is still hefty after having a valid code. Thanks for the info & free songs mentioned earlier in this thread.

Warp: ??? Is it really that bad? I enjoyed the demo. Nobody seems to enjoy it, and they always complain about quitting the game before finishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Rocket Riot and Assault Heroes 2.So far I love Rocket Riot but im not that into AH2 only bought it cause my friend had been bothering me to get it for months and in my opinion the game is not that great and really short we beat it in like one hour but i expected that.

Warp, read other peoples comments and read reviews..I tried the demo for myself and deleted it after a couple of minutes. The game just seems lacking and boring, doesn't have much going for it other than you just teleport from room to room. Think it has buggy/glitchy achievements too and doesn't seem like a game i'd stay playing until the end so i'll have to pass.

Anyone get the Sam&Max games? What are your thoughts?

[quote name='Kerig']Mark of the Ninja: cool but with it showing 800msp on Nelson's list a week or so ago I'm spoiled and now have to wait for a sale on it. Besides, no matter how much Shipwreck likes it, it's just so...dark...literally, not the story.

Rock Band Blitz: I love it, but the tracklist it comes with is balls short. Definitely worth the $2 (@gamestop) + 400msp to import RB1. Trying the EA support for RB2, but 800 is still hefty after having a valid code. Thanks for the info & free songs mentioned earlier in this thread.

Warp: ??? Is it really that bad? I enjoyed the demo. Nobody seems to enjoy it, and they always complain about quitting the game before finishing.[/QUOTE]

Warp was a lot of fun. Actually got 200 on it, which took about 4 play-throughs. Reminded me of a top down Metroid/Portal mash-up. Beating it different ways (kill everything or avoid everything) like MotN was very satisfying. You also can unlock a few neat abilities that keep the game fresh.

MotN is really cool and dark for a good reason. Fun Fact: I tweeted Major Nelson the right price when I saw Klei tweet that is was 1200 M$ pts.

I just bought both sam and max titles but still have to come around to them. They will be in my backlog for quite some time. This deal is rare and I'm a sucker for deals.(True CAG) I always pull to the trigger on 50% off. These games are 20 each and were released in '09 and have not went down on price. So it's basically buy one get one free. My pockets hurt at the moment.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Picked up Rayman 3 and Bloodforge, Rayman for the nostalgia trip and Bloodforge for the free Skyrim avatar awards.[/QUOTE]

Yes!!! Agree. Couple of weeks ago at BB I got Rayman Origins for $10 and said to myself I hope they bring down Rayman 3 and here it is.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Since when does Kinect Adventure come with Microsoft points?!? I've never seen that.[/QUOTE]

This post alone made me drop everything and rip the wrapping off both Kinect Adventures and Kinect Joy Ride (just got a Kinect the other day, hooray price drop!). No points in either. :( But the 480 points in Once Upon a Monster makes me feel better, even if I did redeem that months ago.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']This post alone made me drop everything and rip the wrapping off both Kinect Adventures and Kinect Joy Ride (just got a Kinect the other day, hooray price drop!). No points in either. :( But the 480 points in Once Upon a Monster makes me feel better, even if I did redeem that months ago.[/QUOTE]

so since Once Upon A Monster is $19.99 right now @ best buy, it would come with a 480 Microsoft Points code? Are the game boxes marked that say 'includes 480 MSP' or what?

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Bought Rocket Riot and Assault Heroes 2.So far I love Rocket Riot but im not that into AH2 only bought it cause my friend had been bothering me to get it for months and in my opinion the game is not that great and really short we beat it in like one hour but i expected that.[/QUOTE]

Assault Heroes 2 is at about 3 hours long. I agree that it's not very good though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Season pass also has the Nyte Blayde Pack which is 240 points so it is more like 280. That is not the point though. I could care less about the 40 points.[/QUOTE]

caring.png

[quote name='intoxicated662']so since Once Upon A Monster is $19.99 right now @ best buy, it would come with a 480 Microsoft Points code? Are the game boxes marked that say 'includes 480 MSP' or what?[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't marked, I simply opened it up to a pleasant surprise. I don't know for sure that they all have the code, but I ordered my copy several months after the game's launch and got the code.

[quote name='HDShadow']Speaking of couldn't care less, WWE '12's season pass is on sale. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

ill never understand wrestling

[quote name='GUNNM']What if cancer could care less? He cares a little bit but could care a little bit less if he wanted.[/QUOTE]

That is probably the case, but it also goes without saying. :)

Mark of the Ninja has a gamma setting that, if turned up, helps the game out.

It is fantastic. This is, I think, one for the ages. From what I've played so far, we're looking at something to stand proud next to Thief 2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

[quote name='intoxicated662']Warp, read other peoples comments and read reviews..I tried the demo for myself and deleted it after a couple of minutes. The game just seems lacking and boring, doesn't have much going for it other than you just teleport from room to room. Think it has buggy/glitchy achievements too and doesn't seem like a game i'd stay playing until the end so i'll have to pass.

Anyone get the Sam&Max games? What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Got both Sam & Max Games they are awesome (already own them on PC) Since the ex-lucasarts crew members are involved it just has some of the oldschool humor like the classic advenures =) If you did like Monkey Island, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle or anything like that in the past these games will be for you...only thing is you'll have to get comfortable that they are 3D lol

[quote name='Dthib87']ill never understand wrestling[/QUOTE]

Sweaty dudes hugging and grabbing each other....well maybe that's why some people like it lol...also they're faking like some girls ;D xp *cough* *flysaway*

[quote name='intoxicated662']Warp, read other peoples comments and read reviews..I tried the demo for myself and deleted it after a couple of minutes. The game just seems lacking and boring, doesn't have much going for it other than you just teleport from room to room. Think it has buggy/glitchy achievements too and doesn't seem like a game i'd stay playing until the end so i'll have to pass.

Warp is fun from the bit I've played of it. I tried the demo and deemed it worthy of my $5. No glitchy achievements according to Xbox 360 Achievements.

As for Sam and Max, I bit on it. If only for the facts that it's never been on sale for XBLA and I can't exactly play games on my crappy laptop. The Complete Pack that includes Season 3 (which isn't available on XBLA) was just on sale on Steam for $15 two days ago and I'm sure it'll be on sale there again eventually. So you can use that info to weigh your options.

[quote name='HDShadow']Speaking of couldn't care less, WWE '12's season pass is on sale. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

With WWE 13 around the corner and the extra wrestlers you can get not... really anything special, there's no reason to buy this. They look nice but I can't support THQ any more after 12's constantly terrible online

[quote name='Kerig']Mark of the Ninja: cool but with it showing 800msp on Nelson's list a week or so ago I'm spoiled and now have to wait for a sale on it. Besides, no matter how much Shipwreck likes it, it's just so...dark...literally, not the story.

Warp: ??? Is it really that bad? I enjoyed the demo. Nobody seems to enjoy it, and they always complain about quitting the game before finishing.[/QUOTE]

Warp is sweet, I had a blast on it on my 1 playthrough. It definitely takes 3-4 playthroughs to get all the achievements I believe. I don't think there are any glitch achievements, but there are definitely missable collectibles that shouldn't be missable. But since you need to play it multiple times anyway, it's not a big deal.

Haha I laughed at that one.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Mark of the Ninja has a gamma setting that, if turned up, helps the game out.

It is fantastic. This is, I think, one for the ages. From what I've played so far, we're looking at something to stand proud next to Thief 2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory[/QUOTE]

I laughed at this one too. I haven't played MotN yet (and can we not abbreviate it like that, at first I just thought someone typo'd SotN) so I can't make a fair decision on it. But you are one to rip game reviews for over-lauding and fawning over indie games, and then go and call this one "one for the ages". Like I said, I can't agree or disagree with you yet, just funny to me that you would say it.

You are correct. Rereading my post I THOUGHT I had put more caveats in there than I actually did. It came out more hyperbolic than I intended. I meant to suggest that such a judgment of being one for the ages was hinging upon how it looks after I beat it.

That said, it's really good so far, in a way I don't think I've seen a stealth game do in a while.

why did bloodforge get bad reviews? I'm playing the demo its pretty fun so far

reading the patch update seems to have fixed what everyone was complaining about for 600 I'll buy it ^_^

[quote name='GUNNM']why did bloodforge get bad reviews?[/QUOTE]

I've thought about that question a lot, but I still don't know why for sure (it has a fucking 42 on Metacritic, that's ridiculously bad).

The first 2 levels are the hardest in the game; the 2nd boss was an absolute damage sponge pre-patch and made me use all my health packs, so I think a lot of people just gave up at that point and wrote it off as bad. To be fair, that boss was god-awful.

I think others found it kind of generic and too familiar to God of War and games of that ilk. They used it as a whipping boy to try and call out all the copycat games, as if 90% of what's released today isn't rehashed already. Bloodforge was created to be a budget version of God of War, and I thought it did a pretty good job of being that.

I will champion Bloodforge until I'm blue in the face, not because it's the best game on XBLA (it's not), but because (to me) it got such an unfair shake. It's a more-than-competent game and for some reason it got trashed to shit.

Yeah it got shit reviews and the only problem I read about is it has a bad camera.
Eh fuck it for 600 I had more fun playing the demo of this game than I did buying and playing alan wake american nightmare

Thanks tyler I'll buy it now.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah it got shit reviews and the only problem I read about is it has a bad camera.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the camera is 1) a bit too fast and 2) prone to do some unexpected adjusting during battles. It was an oversight not to include a camera speed setting in the options (not sure if this was added post-patch), but I thought the camera-moving during the battles was actually kind of cool, and if you were paying attention you still knew exactly where to attack next.

Is the patch one of those that is implemented in the game without having to download? I bought it and didn't download a patch

[quote name='GUNNM']Is the patch one of those that is implemented in the game without having to download? I bought it and didn't download a patch[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so, but maybe...

The camera reminds me of a NG2/ DMC type of camera you gotta constantly move it around or target lock which I don't think is in this game

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah it got shit reviews and the only problem I read about is it has a bad camera.
Eh fuck it for 600 I had more fun playing the demo of this game than I did buying and playing alan wake american nightmare

Thanks tyler I'll buy it now.[/QUOTE]

The other problem is the difficulty was off. Not sure why Tyler didn't have a problem with this as he generally favors games being easier, but it definitely bugged me. There was a boss battle that took me 8 or 9 tries, and it just sapped most of the goodwill I had for the game up to that point.

Thing is, you restarted with whatever tiny amount of life you had when you reached the battle. There was never any event that actually filled your life all the way up - dying, reaching checkpoints, beating levels - none of it filled your perpetually low life meter. The devs defended this to me, but there's definitely a reason no other game treats health that way.

I understand the patch adjusted the life levels to be higher after dying, which should make things more pleasant. Gotta go back and try it sometime.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I had to grab Alan Wake: AN.

Games like this get me at the edge of my seat, some I love and play through the whole game (Alan Wake, Dead Space, RE), but there's some that freak me the fuck out (Fatal Frame, Dead Space 2) and I never finish them, lol![/QUOTE]

just be careful bro, that Mr. Scratch is a psycho

great dancer though

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Sweaty dudes hugging and grabbing each other....well maybe that's why some people like it lol...also they're faking like some girls ;D xp *cough* *flysaway*[/QUOTE]

i haven't enjoyed wrestling since the attitude era from 98 -2001, but the "fake" argument was always lame considering the movies we watch are fake too

i enjoyed the athleticism and the storylines were interesting too, it was almost like a comic book come to life

[quote name='eastx']The other problem is the difficulty was off. Not sure why Tyler didn't have a problem with this as he generally favors games being easier, but it definitely bugged me. There was a boss battle that took me 8 or 9 tries, and it just sapped most of the goodwill I had for the game up to that point.

Thing is, you restarted with whatever tiny amount of life you had when you reached the battle. There was never any event that actually filled your life all the way up - dying, reaching checkpoints, beating levels - none of it filled your perpetually low life meter. The devs defended this to me, but there's definitely a reason no other game treats health that way.

I understand the patch adjusted the life levels to be higher after dying, which should make things more pleasant. Gotta go back and try it sometime.[/QUOTE]

I was still on the fence about this even after playing the trial but hearing about that terrible health system pulled me back. If it ever goes on sale for 400 MSP I'll get it otherwise 600 is too high a price for something so divisive.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was still on the fence about this even after playing the trial but hearing about that terrible health system pulled me back. If it ever goes on sale for 400 MSP I'll get it otherwise 600 is too high a price for something so divisive.[/QUOTE]

same. I'm expecting it to plummet to 200 eventually. just felt like a bad god of war in the demo. nothing special.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i haven't enjoyed wrestling since the attitude era from 98 -2001, but the "fake" argument was always lame considering the movies we watch are fake too

i enjoyed the athleticism and the storylines were interesting too, it was almost like a comic book come to life[/QUOTE]

Well Said Sir
One reason why I am looking forward to WWE 13

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was still on the fence about this even after playing the trial but hearing about that terrible health system pulled me back. If it ever goes on sale for 400 MSP I'll get it otherwise 600 is too high a price for something so divisive.[/QUOTE]

I was totally talking about pre-patch though. It could be completely fixed post patch. Nobody seems to comment on that aspect of the changes when giving their impressions.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i haven't enjoyed wrestling since the attitude era from 98 -2001, but the "fake" argument was always lame considering the movies we watch are fake too

i enjoyed the athleticism and the storylines were interesting too, it was almost like a comic book come to life[/QUOTE]

Theres nothing wrong with it being fake and scripted, it is simply entertainment afterall, though it shouldn't be considered a sport.

I always found it to be more akin to a soap opera than a comic honestly.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Well Said Sir
One reason why I am looking forward to WWE 13[/QUOTE]

same here, the last wrestling game I purchased was WWF No Mercy for the Nintendo 64 and I pre-ordered WWE 13 Austin 3:16 edition, can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back