XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='solidus_00']Off topic question but since some were talking about delisted titles, has anyone every had trouble re-downloading something off your purchase history that has been delisted?

[/QUOTE]

YES YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES.
I HAD an MK game and it got deleted from my 360.
I went to redownload and it would not let me.
I called MS and the only thing that they would keep saying was, sorry but MS has the right to change anything.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Haunt a scary game? I had my 7 year old brother play it and he was shitting himself during the demo. I got to see 40 seconds of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

It's not scary at all. Think Casper the friendly ghost or Luigi's Mansion...

[quote name='eastx']It's not scary at all. Think Casper the friendly ghost or Luigi's Mansion...[/QUOTE]

jesus christ. The shit i went through because of my brother. The kid had his hand over his eyes going down the first corriodoor (Screw Spelling). I honestly wanted to record it but that would of been a fucked up thing to do.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']jesus christ. The shit i went through because of my brother. The kid had his hand over his eyes going down the first corriodoor (Screw Spelling). I honestly wanted to record it but that would of been a fucked up thing to do.[/QUOTE]

You're an awesome big bro.

yeah i just did the raptr thing with an extra silver, i'm keeping R Type but i already own The Maw so i can trade it. Also forgot i had some points on the account, might have to grab Iron Brigade or Orcs Must die!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']jesus christ. The shit i went through because of my brother. The kid had his hand over his eyes going down the first corriodoor (Screw Spelling). I honestly wanted to record it but that would of been a fucked up thing to do.[/QUOTE]
Not at all. Mocking a younger sibling is one of the most brotherly things you could do.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Haunt a scary game? I had my 7 year old brother play it and he was shitting himself during the demo. I got to see 40 seconds of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I tried to spend some time with my 9 year old cousin and my he was too scared to play the game. His dad usually lets him watch and play mature games but for some reason he could not handle the atmosphere. The ghosts themselves aren't scary but the atmosphere freaked him out. Was pretty funny but he still had me shut it off.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']I tried to spend some time with my 9 year old cousin and my he was too scared to play the game. His dad usually lets him watch and play mature games but for some reason he could not handle the atmosphere. The ghosts themselves aren't scary but the atmosphere freaked him out. Was pretty funny but he still had me shut it off.[/QUOTE]

ha exactly. I guess the atmosphere scared him.

[quote name='whitereflection']Does Iron Brigade have an active community? If not, I think I'll wait for the rumored PC version.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems finding randoms and with the amount of people that bought it on here you shouldn't have any problem at all finding someone.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']I tried to spend some time with my 9 year old cousin and my he was too scared to play the game. His dad usually lets him watch and play mature games but for some reason he could not handle the atmosphere. The ghosts themselves aren't scary but the atmosphere freaked him out. Was pretty funny but he still had me shut it off.[/QUOTE]

In a dark room playing a scary game or movie at night, look at the window and say,
"What was that? Ima go check it out".
Then go outside and bang on the window as hard as you can.
They will never forget.

[quote name='gordojones88']In a dark room playing a scary game or movie at night, look at the window and say,
They will never forget.[/QUOTE]

now thats fucked up. To do it to anyone expect a little kid or an elderly person, then its fine and will mostly be funny.

[quote name='sp8001']Anyone purchase Dragon's Lair? Your thoughts?

I won a code for it ;)... and I'm debating whether to keep it or trade it.[/QUOTE]

A crappy game with Kinect controls added to it only makes it crappier. Someone traded the code with me this afternoon. I did not make it out of the tutorial before I shut it off.

[quote name='gordojones88']In a dark room playing a scary game or movie at night, look at the window and say,
They will never forget.[/QUOTE]

That is an amazing idea but I don't think I have the heart to do that to my cousin. My girlfriend is another story though.

[quote name='sp8001']Anyone purchase Dragon's Lair? Your thoughts?

I won a code for it ;)... and I'm debating whether to keep it or trade it.[/QUOTE]

I would say keep it =)
I won a code for Dragon's Lair too, and it's a great interactive video game (you even have the option to just watch the movie haha =D)

And since it's playable with controllers no worries =D

In my opinion, from what I played of the Dragon Lair demo on PSN, it is the most useless "game" of all time. Mind you, I have no nostalgia glasses for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']In my opinion, from what I played of the Dragon Lair demo on PSN, it is the most useless "game" of all time. Mind you, I have no nostalgia glasses for it.[/QUOTE]

Same here never played it before about 6 months ago and got it free on psn and the sequel. Luckily it had that mode where you could just watch it because I found it boring and frustrating. I wouldn't even buy it if they did a special sale for 200 points like they do with some games.

It's a QTE game, combined with the cruelty of old arcade games. I can't imagine it would be anything less than complete frustration for anyone without nostalgia goggles. That said, I'm personally interested in the game and would buy it in a heartbeat if it went on sale.

Anyone have opinions on the Orcs Must Die? Does it get better than the first couple levels in the demo?

Worthy? 2 sorta Tower Defense games in a week would be nice to grab on sale.

I enjoyed the XBLA trial of Orcs Must Die! immediately, so if you didn't like it already, maybe it's not for you. But I ended up picking it up on Steam, and I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it even more using keyboard & mouse.

If you're on the fence, get the better version for $2.50 in next month's Steam sale instead. ;) ("41 hours played" is a dead giveaway of my opinion on the game ;))

[quote name='Solder']Anyone have opinions on the Orcs Must Die? Does it get better than the first couple levels in the demo?

Worthy? 2 sorta Tower Defense games in a week would be nice to grab on sale.[/QUOTE]

Lots of spawn points and traps that really aren't all that powerful, plus a huge variation in enemy types makes it feel like it would play way better in co-op. However, it's single player only and can get very frustrating at times. I had to go down to the wussily easy setting on 2 or 3 levels, just so I could beat them and move on.

Still, I think it's probably worth 600msp. Just not anymore than that. I had a lot more fun with the demo than I did with the actual game.

To appreciate Dragon's Lair, you had to be young when the game came out in 1983. It was graphics like nobody had ever seen before. It was the first arcade game to cost 2 quarters and the machine had such long lines you couldn't even see the screen or play if you wanted to.

^that would explain it I guess, wasn't even born. Most popular game in arcades (that I can remember) was MvC2. I mostly played games that gave tickets. Had to win worthless plastic junk.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Orcs Must Die or Iron Brigade? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Iron Brigade, but only if you play it on co-op (it's much better that way). Otherwise go with Orcs. ;)

[quote name='Vap']How are so many people getting codes for Dragon Lair?[/QUOTE]

This.

I love the animation and art in the DL games, that's pretty much the reason I wanna play them until I can grab dvd copies again.

Picked up Iron Brigade + the DLC. Need some CAGs to play with!

I'm almost tempted on Happy Action Theater too but I think my younger sisters are old enough now where they'd just think it's stupid, lol.

[quote name='airco']Huh, no mention of the Alex Kidd bundle? Is that being released later or something?[/QUOTE]

no its happening. But I believe its getting released later. No point for sega to unleash everything at once.

Picked up the R-Type and Maw codes from Raptr. Already dowloaded The Maw, so if anyone legitimately needs one, PM.

EDIT: GONE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='airco']Huh, no mention of the Alex Kidd bundle? Is that being released later or something?[/QUOTE]

PSN is getting the 3 Alex Kidd bundle games on Tuesday. I wonder why they wouldn't release them at the same time on XBLA.

Fusion Genesis seems like a decent game, but all the reading and mining make it feel like work. Will probably give it another shot before completely dismissing it though.

Already own (and thoroughly enjoy) Castle Crashers and Trials HD, but I'll get the Big Thrills expansion this time. Lots more demos to try...not going to bother with Worms though, despite how much I enjoyed the original.

Picked up Tren... er, Iron Brigade. Patience pays off, woot! I still had some points left so I got the DLC for it; hoping it's good. After the long drought of good deals, I can safely say that I love the current sales.

I even picked up RAAM's Shadow just for the heck of it. Now, I just have to convince my friends to start playing GoW3 again...

Also, I know it may sound redundant considering it's already been explained, but since I don't want to waste my time if all the codes are already gone, does anybody have an extra R-Type Dimensions code they'd be willing to trade? If so, PM me :)

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Picked up Tren... er, Iron Brigade. Patience pays off, woot! I still had some points left so I got the DLC for it; hoping it's good. After the long drought of good deals, I can safely say that I love the current sales.

I even picked up RAAM's Shadow just for the heck of it. Now, I just have to convince my friends to start playing GoW3 again...

Also, I know it may sound redundant considering it's already been explained, but since I don't want to waste my time if all the codes are already gone, does anybody have an extra R-Type Dimensions code they'd be willing to trade? If so, PM me :)[/QUOTE]

There are 11,000 codes left.

[quote name='Vap']How are so many people getting codes for Dragon Lair?[/QUOTE]

Boobs!
Well no maybe luck is involved...

Still trading a Code for Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back