XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. I knew I should have played some more Trials... I have a few other games on that list, but made minimal progress in each. Looks like I'm gonna pay full price. I failed to jump on the BB deal yesterday and now I have the itch to play it.

[quote name='CoruptAI125']Sonic 4 episode 2 is confirmed to be 1200 MS points if OP wants to update the front page.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 4 Episode 1 must have sold well enough at 1200 for them to try that price point again.

Also, I'm waiting for news on Retro City Rampage. It has a release date of "May" but haven't heard specifics about it in quite a while.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft best selling XBLA game in first 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Sonic 4 Episode 1 must have sold well enough at 1200 for them to try that price point again.

Also, I'm waiting for news on Retro City Rampage. It has a release date of "May" but haven't heard specifics about it in quite a while.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft best selling XBLA game in first 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Well, at first I was sceptical about Minecraft by trying the demo...but as I won a code for the game today and kept playing I have to say this game is very addicting and a lot of fun =D

Getting rare materials and exploring the world, hate the night when creepers and other monsters show up and attack your shelter lol =P

I expect it to be even more fun with other gamers =) (have to try that)

I actually wasn't even planning on getting Minecraft, at least until it dropped down to the 400 point range as I have already played a lot of the clones on Xbox Live Arcade and I am a bit worn out from them. But thanks to Raptr, I got a free copy earlier today. Gotta love that especially for the highest priced Xbox Live Arcade game I have seen yet. So I got on and started playing and I admit, it is a lot of fun. My son is playing it right now and he seems to be enjoying it as well. I don't think its necessarily worth 1600 points but it is a lot of fun.

From Minecraft's description: "Minecraft is an indie--" FOUR WORDS BEFORE THEY SAY INDIE

THE FIRST THING THEY WANT TO SAY ABOUT THEIR GAME IS INDIE

I HATE THIS HIPSTER INDIE CRAP SO MUCH

I'm starting to get burnt out on Minecraft, about 10 hours in. Still wanna do a few more things and (try to) get all the achievements, but I don't see me playing it for more than another 5 hours or so. Still, that's not too bad for a downloadable game. So far I've enjoyed Minecraft far more than I thought I would.

FYI, if you live in the Pacific Northwest, or somewhere at least that has a "Fred Meyer", they have a "buy $50/$100/$150 in Home/Electronics, save $10/$20/$30" coupon good between May 10th-12th, which effectively brings point cards down by almost 20%. The trick is to get a 4000pt card (for $49.99) plus some penny item in Home (or Electronics) to tip you over the threshold.

They also have all games for 10% off, but I don't think they have game download cards the same way that GameStop or BestBuy sell them. If you do see a game there, you can stack the 10% off, then the 20% "dollars off" coupons together to make the game effectively 28% off.

I posted the coupon image over in another thread, where 4 games @ F.M. are currently triple-discounted to 64% off:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320925

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm starting to get burnt out on Minecraft, about 10 hours in. Still wanna do a few more things and (try to) get all the achievements, but I don't see me playing it for more than another 5 hours or so. Still, that's not too bad for a downloadable game. So far I've enjoyed Minecraft far more than I thought I would.[/QUOTE]

Minecraft really isn't a solo game. It's lifespan is very short if you only play solo. If you play online or split-screen multiplayer... then it starts to get interesting. Online especially. You can have a couple people working on building an actual city while others are out exploring and mapping, and bringing back resources. Then switch off and have the others venture out for a bit. Someone ambitious enough can even make a rail system to connect two remote settlements.

There's a grind aspect at times, but overall there's a whole extra layer then to logging on and seeing what someone else has accomplished or built.

It's a good thing I got Minecraft for free. The idea of paying $20 for a 110 MB download really irks me. I know bigger is not always better (snicker), and that there are many games out there that are huge in size but absolute crap. It's just a mental thing for me. ;)

[quote name='Primis']Minecraft really isn't a solo game. It's lifespan is very short if you only play solo. If you play online or split-screen multiplayer... then it starts to get interesting. Online especially. You can have a couple people working on building an actual city while others are out exploring and mapping, and bringing back resources. Then switch off and have the others venture out for a bit. Someone ambitious enough can even make a rail system to connect two remote settlements.

There's a grind aspect at times, but overall there's a whole extra layer then to logging on and seeing what someone else has accomplished or built.[/QUOTE]

Good points. I'd love to do building if I didn't have to do any exploring/mining. Plus, I fucking hate dying way down in caves.

I hope the release of Sonic Episode 2 will prompt a Sega sale next week. I've been looking to pick up Sonic CD on the cheap. I know it is only $5, but if I don't buy a game right at launch I always wait for it to hit a sale before I bite. I've already waited this long, whats a little longer... lol. It's not like I'm dying to play it, just want to get it cheap ;). Hence being a CAG.

I have a question and I think here might be the best place to ask. Street Fighter X Tekken was released for PC today and it's available to buy at most major stores but not on xbox.com. My question is, is the site just really slow to update or will I have to wait until Tuesday (usual console update) to get it?

[quote name='Jeo']I have a question and I think here might be the best place to ask. Street Fighter X Tekken was released for PC today and it's available to buy at most major stores but not on xbox.com. My question is, is the site just really slow to update or will I have to wait until Tuesday (usual console update) to get it?[/QUOTE]

It wont be a game on demand for atleast a few more months bro. God it feels so good to post on pc rather than mobile. :applause:

I meant the PC version not the console version.
I know it isn't what you guys usually discuss in here but I thought someone might know.

[quote name='Jeo']I have a question and I think here might be the best place to ask. Street Fighter X Tekken was released for PC today and it's available to buy at most major stores but not on xbox.com. My question is, is the site just really slow to update or will I have to wait until Tuesday (usual console update) to get it?[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in buying the PC version, Steam is the way to go. It will still be the GFWL version. But maybe you wanted to pay with Microsoft Points, in which case, I'm not sure when they add new PC stuff to Xbox.com.

Ok it looks like I might be in for a wait

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC
steam release Jul 5, 2011, GFWL release 7/8/2011

Street Fighter 4 PC
steam release Jul 7, 2009, GFWL release 12/16/2009 (I hope this one is an error, DLC was available on 7/27/2009)

Dark Void PC
steam release Jan 19, 2010 , GFWL release 4/13/2010

It's pretty terrible. I'm only putting up with it because im getting the game for free because of bing

[quote name='Jeo']I meant the PC version not the console version.
I know it isn't what you guys usually discuss in here but I thought someone might know.[/QUOTE]

gotcha. fail on my part. Whoelse is getting batman dlc day 1?

Damn, I missed out on the free Minecraft. Guess I'll never be playing that game, hehe. Pretty cool that the Raptr rewards are actually legitimate prizes though, and not just coupons that I'd never use.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']gotcha. fail on my part. Whoelse is getting batman dlc day 1?[/QUOTE]

Thinking about it, depends on if it can be played independently from the game. I had Arkham City and beat it on 360 and sold it, then picked up the PS3 version during the Best Buy sale, but haven't played it yet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thinking about it, depends on if it can be played independently from the game. I had Arkham City and beat it on 360 and sold it, then picked up the PS3 version during the Best Buy sale, but haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Has DLC ever been able to be played independently?

[quote name='weeman43302']Has DLC ever been able to be played independently?[/QUOTE]

Undead Nightmare had a standalone disc version. Or it could also be DLC for Red Dead Redemption. Having already beaten and sold RDR, i bought the standalone and played it from disc.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thinking about it, depends on if it can be played independently from the game. I had Arkham City and beat it on 360 and sold it, then picked up the PS3 version during the Best Buy sale, but haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

gotcha. Im not to sure that will happen. From what an ign article wrote the dlc may not be as long as undead nightmare was for rdr but the quality is that great. Add that to the fact im a batman fanatic and its a no brainer for may 29th. Plus 800 MSP aint that bad for the price. Ima be pissed if the june rewards is like spend x amount of points on dlc get x back.

Sorry, I didn't mean stand alone DLC. I just meant that I can boot it up from the start menu, not have to accomplish certain things in the main game before I'm able to play the DLC (like having to unlock fast travel in Borderlands before getting access to the DLC. I think Mass Effect DLC is like that as well, where you have to be to a certain point in the game to play it).

I know Arkham City's DLC won't be stand alone.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Finishing up with Minecraft, just need to find some more damn wolves to tame and I'll be done with it. Enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Anyone else playing, make sure to grab the 3 avatar awards, 2 gamerpics, and theme. They're all pretty sweet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/632873-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/cheats[/QUOTE]

Finished Minecraft today =) (You only need one wolf btw just safe before taming him, give him some bones, exit without saving, repeat, profit) Only need the creeper gamer picture to finish minecraft for real =P

^Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that's the opposite of how the game was meant to be played. :p

I'm kind of an achievement whore, but kinda goes to show you what achievements can do to a game sometimes.

[quote name='locolukah']You can 'finish' Minecraft?

:p[/QUOTE]

Well achievementwise at least =P (and the cool free stuff you can get)
Also what would happen if you dig your whole map up? lol only water, magma and undiggable walls at the end of the world? =P

I was also thinking that I would also "finish" minecraft soon when I got a bunch of the achievements in my first night playing the tutorial. Then I played it all night long last night like it was Mindcrack.

Seriously, I just kept playing and playing. I terraformed a mountain and built a huge castle on top complete with a courtyard and a tower that reached higher than the clouds. My wife woke up and said "I see you're still playing your Legos on TV game".

It was great, no achievements or goals, just play. I get the debate on if it really is a game and all that but it didn't matter when I was exploring and playing. It was just fun.

I suggest that anybody feeling creative give just playing it for fun a shot. I had never played even one minute of the PC version but I liked the game MUCH more than I thought I would. Plus; unlike real Legos, there was no mess to clean up and everything will be as I left it!:D

[quote name='bajingo']How do you build a mine cart that goes uphill? Can't find a good answer.[/QUOTE]

You need a power rail with a redstone torch adjacent to it. You need one every 3rd rail in order to go up hill. To make a power rail, you need 6 gold bars, 1 stick, and 1 redstone. Hope this helps!

[quote name='Geco17']You need a power rail with a redstone torch adjacent to it. You need one every 3rd rail in order to go up hill. To make a power rail, you need 6 gold bars, 1 stick, and 1 redstone. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Helps a lot. Other answers I found were worded weird. Thanks. Now if only I could find any gold ever.

wow, everyone discussing minecraft makes me want to buy! The....cheap....ass....in....me......trying....to.......re.si.st

Save your money and buy one of the Indie knockoffs MastrMeatWad. I have Minecrafty (for free, luckily) and Total Miner Forge. The differences are minimal, and for just building, TM is miles better.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']wow, everyone discussing minecraft makes me want to buy! The....cheap....ass....in....me......trying....to.......re.si.st[/QUOTE]

May still be some floating around the XBLA trading thread.

i usually check this thread every day then i miss a few days and find out free minecraft codes were being given out by raptr and i was eligible now they are all gone FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[quote name='ivegotalobon']i usually check this thread every day then i miss a few days and find out free minecraft codes were being given out by raptr and i was eligible now they are all gone FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

They went super fast so don't get to down about it.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Also a question: Did have Xbox Live Rewards ever have some rewards for buying indie games? =O (directly or indirectly)[/QUOTE]
Most likely indirectly when they have stipulations for buying anything on Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back