XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jdawgg76']Major Nelson's tweet says 75% off various GoD...[/QUOTE]

Can't wait, that means in hungarian marketplace they will be even cheaper.

William’s Pinball Classics is available in EU marketplaces. I was able to buy it from hungarian for only 960 puntos. :D

[quote name='basis']fixed the broken links & organized it abit. perhaps not as what RedJoey would do though. oh well.

DLC
2011 Aston Martin Cygnet - Free Microsoft Points - xbldb
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 13 11 Course Pack - 2800 ($35.00) Microsoft Points - 13% off - xbldb
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 13 Pro Athlete Pack - Free Microsoft Points - xbldb
RED TAILS P-51 - Free Microsoft Points - xbldb

XBLA
Full Game - Alien Hominid HD - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Full Game - From Dust? - Gold Price: 800 ($10.00) Microsoft Points - 33% off - xbldb

Themes
Mass Effect Premium Starships Theme - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Premium Theme - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Tomb Raider: Underworld Premium Theme - 125 ($1.56) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Official The Darkness II Theme - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Locations Premium Theme - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Assassin's Creed 2 Premium Theme 1 - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Special Ops Juggernaut - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Special Ops Juggernaut - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Ghost Uniform - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Lightsaber - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Ezio Revelations Outfit - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Joker Costume - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Catwoman Costume - 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Assault Class Uniform - 120 ($1.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

GamerPics
The Invasion - 80 ($1.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Zombie Picture Pack - 80 ($1.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
KKZ Moto Crowns - 80 ($1.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Windows GoD
Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection - 2400 ($30.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb

XBL GoD:
Red Dead Redemption - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb[/QUOTE]

This is rather convenient for me.... Thanks

Next week isn't to bad for me. Going to pick up Sonic CD despite the fact that I am buying a Sega CD in a couple weeks. Also going to pick up Sonic Adventure DX upgrade because I regretted passing on it when I picked up Sonic Adventures. Just wish they would have put up Sonic 4 Episode II up for sale as well.

Also going to pick up Pinball FX 2: Avengers Chronicles Table Pack.

Didn't we have a sonic sale just a few months ago? I know because I grabbed all the games back then. Anyway, it's not like I was expecting a good dotw or anything........

[quote name='Sath666']Can't wait, that means in hungarian marketplace they will be even cheaper.

William’s Pinball Classics is available in EU marketplaces. I was able to buy it from hungarian for only 960 puntos. :D[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? They don't use puntos, but florint in Hungary. Besides, it costs 3000 of those - am I missing something here?

EDIT: Of course, 3000 is still cheap, but I was just wondering if there was any trick to get it even cheaper.

[quote name='Terrificy']Excuse me? They don't use puntos, but florint in Hungary. Besides, it costs 3000 of those - am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

Puntos (spanish) means points. You can buy the game from there for 960MSP. ;)

ok, updated the OP with the help from basis and Spylon's site. I have to go to class and cram tonight. I'll work on the OP when I get a break

[quote name='reddjoey']ok, updated the OP with the help from basis and Spylon's site. I have to go to class and cram tonight. I'll work on the OP when I get a break[/QUOTE]

Your class schedule is really hurting this thread Joey. I am sure everyone else agrees with me when I say: you need to drop out of school and dedicate 100% of your time to maintaining this thread.

[quote name='ooga']Your class schedule is really hurting this thread Joey. I am sure everyone else agrees with me when I say: you need to drop out of school and dedicate 100% of your time to maintaining this thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm adding a "Bros before hos" onto this, for good measure.

Still won't put From Dust on sale for 600? I'm holding out for 400 but at this rate I may bite for 600 when it happens.

Knew Sonic CD would go on sale for 200 soon enough. Sega sales happen so regularly that there is virtually no need to ever buy their stuff at full price if you have a little patience. Going to scoop up all the Sega Vintage games when they drop to 400msp in the next few months.

From Dust is a really fun game (my favorite from SoA last year) but 33% off is kind of an insult. They could easily put it on sale for 50% off.

Waiting to see if any other GoD titles pop up.

[quote name='Sath666']Puntos (spanish) means points. You can buy the game from there for 960MSP. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, of course. Had to wake up properly to catch that one.

[quote name='Terrificy']Oh, of course. Had to wake up properly to catch that one.[/QUOTE]

Huge difference in pricing. In UK xbox marketplace the same game cost 1840MSP. :0

I'm sure the GoD sale with be stuff like Borderlands, Halo Reach, and other games everyone already owns and doesn't want the digital versions even at those prices but I'm going to hold out hope that they put Deathsmiles 2X on sale. I will never pay more than $20 for the digital version of anything. At least until physical media dies, which hopefully won't happen for at least 1-2 more generations.

Sonic CD stands as a guide on how to release old titles for the current generation. Both soundtracks, ported instead of emulated, true widescreen for a game originally 4:3, new playable character. If you remotely like platformers, there isn't a reason you shouldn't get this.

[quote name='ooga']Your class schedule is really hurting this thread Joey. I am sure everyone else agrees with me when I say: you need to drop out of school and dedicate 100% of your time to maintaining this thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Narsis84']I'm adding a "Bros before hos" onto this, for good measure.[/QUOTE]

Well, running this thread is significantly easier than class...

Dang, there's a Sonic sale going on, yet no S4 Ep. 2? Granted, it was released last month, but still. That's pretty much the only Sonic game I don't have on my 360.

I've never bothered with Red Dead Redemption and now that it's on sale, am thinking of getting it. Should I get the game for 1200 MSP (games on demand version) and the Undead Nightmare Collection for 800 MSP or should I just get the Game Of The Year retail disc? Hard Drive space isn't an issue to me right now.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've never bothered with Red Dead Redemption and now that it's on sale, am thinking of getting it. Should I get the game for 1200 MSP (games on demand version) and the Undead Nightmare Collection for 800 MSP or should I just get the Game Of The Year retail disc? Hard Drive space isn't an issue to me right now.[/QUOTE]
You could re-sell the disc if you hate it(which I doubt)

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've never bothered with Red Dead Redemption and now that it's on sale, am thinking of getting it. Should I get the game for 1200 MSP (games on demand version) and the Undead Nightmare Collection for 800 MSP or should I just get the Game Of The Year retail disc? Hard Drive space isn't an issue to me right now.[/QUOTE]

If you're a completionist, the RDR GOTY disc may interest you just because it has a few bits of content previously exclusive to the original PS3 release of the game. I believe the hardcore single-player difficulty is exclusive to this too, but I may be mistaken. This content IS NOT available as DLC and seemingly never will be, which, honestly, I'm still a little pissed about.

For what it's worth, the L.A. Noire complete pack has similar incentives.

I may bite on RDR for $15, but >6 GB would be a bit tough on my poor 20GB HD. Nothing else looks interesting aside from Sonic Adventure (I already have CD on Steam), which I may grab the DLC for in preparation for me finally getting that Dreamcast collection disc, which might possibly go on sale soon.

[quote name='airco']I may bite on RDR for $15, but >6 GB would be a bit tough on my poor 20GB HD. Nothing else looks interesting aside from Sonic Adventure (I already have CD on Steam), which I may grab the DLC for in preparation for me finally getting that Dreamcast collection disc, which might possibly go on sale soon.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Toys R Us around you, the DC Collection is only 9.98.

One of the achievements was glitched on the undead dlc and you needed the undead disc copy to unlock it btw doubt they paid $40 g's to fix a glitched achievement

[quote name='Gosha']If you have a Toys R Us around you, the DC Collection is only 9.98.[/QUOTE]

You can get the undead nightmare collection right now for the same price on the 360 game marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points. The only difference is that the retail game saves you space while the games on demand version is a little over 6gb, but both are $15. I think i'll just wait it out for the retail version because I read it comes with the ps3 exclusive dlc and a few little extras as well.

[quote name='intoxicated662']You can get the undead nightmare collection right now for the same price on the 360 game marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points. The only difference is that the retail game saves you space while the games on demand version is a little over 6gb, but both are $15. I think i'll just wait it out for the retail version because I read it comes with the ps3 exclusive dlc and a few little extras as well.[/QUOTE]

I think he is talking about the Dreamcast Collection.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So what are these magical 50% off GoD games? Is RDR the only GoD game? My hopes of Crysis or RE4 are dashed yet again.[/QUOTE]
Not just 50% off, but 75% off ... I'm guessing there's been technical difficulties in publishing the pricing update, so just hold onto your NanoSuit(tm) britches until then. :D

Monday Night Combat is part of the monthly drops, dropping 400 MSP down, but the price is 1200 MSP. Im pretty sure thats incorrect, so the actual new price should be 800 MSP?

Didn't see this mentioned, but Major Nelson conveniently changed the date of the GoD sale:

75% Off Select GonD Titles (several publishers) 19-Jun to 25-Jun

At least they're still coming...

But MS (and Sony for that matter) make mistakes like these all the time. They overpromise and underdeliver (in this case they just promised a sale this week and re-negged on it).

Isn't "underpromise and overdeliver" Business 101?

If Major had posted the correct date initially, the thread would have been lit up with expectations from next week. Instead, the first 2 comments after I posted the date change were negative. Only MS could take something positive like a 75% off sale and create such a negative attitude towards it. I'm impressed.

/editorial

[quote name='tylerh1701']Didn't see this mentioned, but Major Nelson conveniently changed the date of the GoD sale:

75% Off Select GonD Titles (several publishers) 19-Jun to 25-Jun[/QUOTE]
Should I expect more than $60 games (Madden 12, FIFA 12, Gears 3, MW3) to be a part of this sale? I get the feeling that there's a catch that on he knows about since they've never been this bold with sales for GoD games.

Also, I read GonD as Ghandi in my mind. Microsoft is creating a new service for peaceful, family-friendly titles?

[quote name='Lonedragon87']is sonic cd on sale checked just not its 400 and sonic dx upgrade on sale?[/QUOTE]

That's next week's sale. Starts on the 19th.

Man, I've been waiting for a price cut on From Dust, but that's not much of a discount. Was hoping for a half-off deal. Guess I'll hold off, since I still have yet to really dive into the Humble Indie Bundle V I purchased.

[quote name='tylerh1701']At least they're still coming...

But MS (and Sony for that matter) make mistakes like these all the time. They overpromise and underdeliver (in this case they just promised a sale this week and re-negged on it).

If Major had posted the correct date initially, the thread would have been lit up with expectations from next week. Instead, the first 2 comments after I posted the date change were negative. Only MS could take something positive like a 75% off sale and create such a negative attitude towards it. I'm impressed.

/editorial[/QUOTE]

Don't be so melodramatic. It was a typo not some evil scheme by Microsoft.

[quote name='tylerh1701']At least they're still coming...

/editorial[/QUOTE]
Underpromise = three years of 25-33% off deals
Overdeliver = one 75% off sale after three years of mediocre deals

Resident evil 4, Code veronica, Crysis and Deathsmiles 2X all 75% off that would be 400 MSP per game.

And now I can wake up, we all know that the sale will be awful also not the first time that Major nelson go wrong.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Resident evil 4, Code veronica, Crysis and Deathsmiles 2X all 75% off that would be 400 MSP per game.

And now I can wake up, we all know that the sale will be awful also not the first time that Major nelson go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but when they announced the Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition and it had both RE4 and Code Veronica, my belief of a sale on either of those two games have gone down at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back