XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice I got my Reward Points for last month. 100 for the Apocalyptic promo and 100 for my 2% rebate which seems high. I need to see if I actually spent that much last month. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I wish. No, I found that if you stop sleeping you can get a lot more done each day. At the time I had a full and a part time job and went to school full time. I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you also teleported from job to job to class, had no reading or homework ever, pooped your pants, and ate while sleeping.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Clearly you also teleported from job to job to class, had no reading or homework ever, pooped your pants, and ate while sleeping.[/QUOTE]

I'd look into a restraining order on this fella Chrono, sounds like he knows you a little too well.

:whistle2:k

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Clearly you also teleported from job to job to class, had no reading or homework ever, pooped your pants, and ate while sleeping.[/QUOTE]
Thank God I wasn't eating or drinking when I read this.

Damn some of you sleep your lives away. 4-5 hours sleep is all I run on. You eventually get used to it and don't require 8+ hours a night to function.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn some of you sleep your lives away. 4-5 hours sleep is all I run on. You eventually get used to it and don't require 8+ hours a night to function.[/QUOTE]

I get about 6 hours a night at the mo and thats plenty, don't forget the older you are the less sleep you need.

I need around 7 hours of sleep although 8 is better. However, I can function OK for a while going on 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Duke Nukem Forever is 50% off too now? but I don't want to pay more than $1 for that! lol and even that seems expensive =P[/QUOTE]

It's $5 used as well. Probably still a bit too much unless you just have extra credit lying about LoL

[quote name='benjamouth']I get about 6 hours a night at the mo and thats plenty, don't forget the older you are the less sleep you need.[/QUOTE]
That's very true. Didn't really think about that. I'm 35 now but back in my teens/early 20's I'd sleep 10 hours or more a day. All my partying may have played a big part in that though lol.

[quote name='RCS0926']I need around 7 hours of sleep although 8 is better. However, I can function OK for a while going on 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep.[/QUOTE]

I'm absolutely the same way. I feel perfect on 8 hours of sleep, and 7 is a fair substitute. I'll feel crappy after waking up, and crappy towards the end of the day on 6 to 6 and 1/2 hours of sleep. Anything less than that and I'm practically a walking zombie. I'm such a baby when it comes to sleep. :lol:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'd look into a restraining order on this fella Chrono, sounds like he knows you a little too well.

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I found him on Facebook yesterday, does that make me as bad or worse? ;)

I need at least 6 hours of sleep to function worth a damn. And let me tell you, sleep is important! I only slept about three hours a night while attending a technical school (slept plenty in college proper but also got caught up in that WoW cycle, and inebriation) - and guess what I took away from my shenanigans? A few certifications and three years of not accomplishing shit! Buy moar XBLA games!!!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
[quote name='Ciffy']Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?[/QUOTE]
If you don't plan on playing Gaige, then no. The extras are minimal as there's a steady supply of Shift codes for golden keys being put out, the rare relic doesn't really make much of a difference when farming, and the gearbox guns are easily replaceable out the gate. The consensus around the Gearbox forums though is that Gaige is the most powerful class.[/QUOTE]
Besides Axton & his "big gun", Gaige (the Mechromancer) gives you control of an NPC robot which is fun in & of itself. Sure, there's still plenty of active "gold chest" key codes out there, but I included it in the OP to be complete. The "+5% rare drop" relic is more powerful than others may believe, since it makes the in-game slot machines more profitable, and is the only relic that affects rare drops. As for the Gearbox guns ... no, they're not easily replaced if you're playing solo, because they beat anything else until you hit level 5, and having your first 3 hours being "more powerful" will make you happier overall, because you don't die from what otherwise would be easier mobs.

It's a much better investment than the CE pack for $5 (unless you're psychotically driven to collect rare skins, or a grenade that will kill you when used indoors), and the Slaughterdome is "ok" (more of a nice distraction) ... but the Mechromancer pack is essential in my mind still after 150+ hours of gameplay.

[quote name='Cornelius'] As for the Gearbox guns ... no, they're not easily replaced if you're playing solo, because they beat anything else until you hit level 5, and having your first 3 hours being "more powerful" will make you happier overall, because you don't die from what otherwise would be easier mobs. [/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I ended up getting better guns than the Gearbox guns before I hit level 3 or 4. And this was on 4 different characters. They're pretty crappy, really.

It may have been reiterated. I just want to make sure that the GOTY DLC is compatible with the GoD version of Borderlands. That one install the DLC i can spread it around like digital std's.

[quote name='DemonKysho']It may have been reiterated. I just want to make sure that the GOTY DLC is compatible with the GoD version of Borderlands. That one install the DLC i can spread it around like digital std's.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the DLC from the GOTY Edition works with the GoD version of the game.

[quote name='Brother Daz']That's very true. Didn't really think about that. I'm 35 now but back in my teens/early 20's I'd sleep 10 hours or more a day. All my partying may have played a big part in that though lol.[/QUOTE]

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need

Mayoclinic and other crap say the same thing. If you get less then 7 hours then your ability to drive/focus gets worst and you'll have blah blah blah. Playing games and staring at a computer all day isn't healthy either. Honestly 6-7 hours a day is what I strive for as well. Since I work 40 hours a week in retail anything less then 6 puts me in a shitty mood my first few hours at work and that just involves a greater risk of losing my job/fucking things up which is not good.

[quote name='benjamouth']I get about 6 hours a night at the mo and thats plenty, don't forget the older you are the less sleep you need.[/QUOTE]
This only applies to infants up through a certain age. Then you get older and you need more rest as your body begins to deteriorate over time and you take on more stress and responsibility. I work 40+ a week and raise 3 kids all under 6 by myself and I need much more sleep than I did a few years ago when I was slaving away in grad school 8 hours a day studying 4 or more each night.

Honestly I don't know how some of you put in so much time into your games. I mean I can barely get of the house to do fun things with so many kids to juggle so i'll play games here and there to relax but I can't put in 10 hours in a week.

Anyway...I did pick up winterbottom as the kids like to dance to the music. :D

In for Scary Girl.

Suggestion: When a game goes on sale, can you guys add whether or not there is a demo or trial of said game? I didn't know Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom had them until I did a Bing search. Would save a lot of time.

In addition, how do you guys know when new trials/demos are added to Live?

[quote name='Cage017']In for Scary Girl.

Suggestion: When a game goes on sale, can you guys add whether or not there is a demo or trial of said game? I didn't know Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom had them until I did a Bing search. Would save a lot of time.

In addition, how do you guys know when new trials/demos are added to Live?[/QUOTE]

Generally most XBLA games have a demo.

You can see new demos by navigating to games on the dashboard, then one of the headings past Indie (can't remember name). There should be a tile for New Releases.

[quote name='Cage017']In for Scary Girl.

In addition, how do you guys know when new trials/demos are added to Live?[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any XBLA games off hand that don't have demos.

[quote name='LordVila']I can't think of any XBLA games off hand that don't have demos.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all XBLA games have trials. Some GoD games have demos, but not all of them.

As for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, does anyone know if that is multi-player only, or are those missions that are available during the single-player as well? I've heard the multi-player is dead.

Thanks!

-B

[quote name='Abbadon74']As for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, does anyone know if that is multi-player only, or are those missions that are available during the single-player as well? I've heard the multi-player is dead.

Thanks!

-B[/QUOTE]

Look in the op. they stated it there.

[quote name='Abbadon74']As for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, does anyone know if that is multi-player only, or are those missions that are available during the single-player as well? I've heard the multi-player is dead.

Thanks!

-B[/QUOTE]

Explained in the op.

Can anyone tell me if the Borderlands 2 Mechromancer character is tied to the profile or console?
I have 2 consoles and normally purchase items on my secondary console so I have it available there if I ever want it. I'm just not sure if a whole new character and it's save files would transfer this way.

I bought Trine 2, when that was last on sale, only to find only the console that purchased it can actually save the game. Annoying. Tried searching the Gearbox forums for this and only found people having transfer issues.

Any info on this would be great. Thanks!

Thanks!

-B[/QUOTE]

My buddy and I tried to get on the multiplayer last night after buying the Khyber Strike pack (400 points). I set game modes to all and tried searching and could only find ONE game going on in any of the multiplayer game modes. So be aware before u buy.

I was going to bite on Swarm, but apparently I bought it last time it was on sale in the Sales and Specials app (for 200 I think). Note that it doesn't show up as already purchased in the marketplace or even the S&S app itself. Lame.

Scary girl demo was OK, but the gameplay felt a little...disconnected. If it were on sale outside the crappy app, I'd maybe think a little bit harder about it. As it stands though, Dust An Elysian Tale is in my backlog, along with another plat former or two that I can't even think of right now.

Winterbottom is a maybe. Was on my sale watch list, but fell off as my backlog has grown. At only 200 msp I think it has enough charm for me to take the risk of never playing it.

[quote name='DarkZion']I'm pretty sure I ended up getting better guns than the Gearbox guns before I hit level 3 or 4. And this was on 4 different characters. They're pretty crappy, really.[/QUOTE]

That's usually correct, with the exception of the sniper rifle. The Gearbox sniper rifle is better than most of what you'll find for the early levels, while the other weapons are pretty plentiful.

That's good to know about trials and demos. Thanks, guys.

I ended up getting both games with Winterbottom being my favorite of the two. Reminds me of Braid which I also liked.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I bought Trine 2, when that was last on sale, only to find only the console that purchased it can actually save the game. Annoying. Tried searching the Gearbox forums for this and only found people having transfer issues.

Any info on this would be great. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I also had a problem with the saves on my console (only have one), I noticed that sometimes the dashboard read the game as "trial" and not "full game", and that was the only reason it didn't read the saves.

I mean, if you load the game and doesn't let you load the save state, just return to dashboad (get out of the game through game's menu) until it let's you load it (the save state). Once you do, you won't have problems saving the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']I've just been waiting for so long! I really enjoy platformers, enjoyed the demo, and enjoy the art style. There were never any codes to trade for on the trade thread, and add to that the fact that Europe got it on sale forever ago, but that sale never made it over to the States. It slowly became my XBLA white whale. (my 2nd one, my first one was Symphony of the Night because I passed on it like 3.5 years ago because there were like 20 good games on sale and so SotN was the odd man out. I remember justifying it to myself that "the graphics looked to crappy". It didn't go on sale for another year or so, it slowly became my first white whale).

So today is kind of a big day in my book. :)

EDIT: Here are 6 posts of mine from this thread where I mention Scarygirl.

[/QUOTE]

so after a few days what are your thoughts on scarygirl
my white whale is half minute hero

[quote name='mebegod']so after a few days what are your thoughts on scarygirl
my white whale is half minute hero[/QUOTE]

I've only played a few levels, it's not too bad. I wasn't expecting it to be great, it was just a game that's been out for a while, on my radar, and never seemed to drop.

The funny (sad) think about Half Minute Hero is that it was definitely my favorite XBLA game from 2011, and it sucks that so many people here haven't had a chance to check it out yet. It's really fun and addictive, one of the few games I went back and replayed virtually every level to make sure I got everything in the single player campaign.

(I treated myself to HMH during the Summer of Arcade 2011, we were in a huge drought on DotW and I wanted something new to check out, even if it meant paying full price. I got lucky I picked a game that still hasn't gone on sell another 1.5 years later.)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've only played a few levels, it's not too bad. I wasn't expecting it to be great, it was just a game that's been out for a while, on my radar, and never seemed to drop.

The funny (sad) think about Half Minute Hero is that it was definitely my favorite XBLA game from 2011, and it sucks that so many people here haven't had a chance to check it out yet. It's really fun and addictive, one of the few games I went back and replayed virtually every level to make sure I got everything in the single player campaign.

(I treated myself to HMH during the Summer of Arcade 2011, we were in a huge drought on DotW and I wanted something new to check out, even if it meant paying full price. I got lucky I picked a game that still hasn't gone on sell another 1.5 years later.)[/QUOTE]

Did you beat the 3 Second Hero yet? Hard as hell xD

[quote name='super marioPS2']How is Mafia 2? Is it a good length and is it a good game?[/QUOTE]

I found the main game to be pretty good, around 7 or 8 out of 10 personally. The DLC severely lacked, at least for me. Just didn't feel as solid as the main game, but I picked them both up on sale. Main game: worth it. DLC would be iffy if I had to do it again, but I'm in it for the achievements so I'd probably still do it again.

Howlongtobeat puts Mafia 2 main story at ~13 hrs on average, it was a reasonable length - not too long, not too short. Can't wait for a Mafia 3.

[quote name='super marioPS2']How is Mafia 2? Is it a good length and is it a good game?[/QUOTE]

I'd say rent it (or watch some Youtube gameplay) it's a pretty good game and I think the length's pretty good too (never managed to finish it, got distracted) but if you're into that kind of setting, I'd say it's a good deal.

Like what the others said above, but mind that it has no replay value after the main story, so be aware.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Can anyone tell me if the Borderlands 2 Mechromancer character is tied to the profile or console? I have 2 consoles and normally purchase items on my secondary console so I have it available there if I ever want it. I'm just not sure if a whole new character and it's save files would transfer this way.[/QUOTE]
The Mecromancer Pack works like any XBLA, GoD, DLC, etc ... you get 1 license for the console upon which it's 1st downloaded upon (your 2nd console in this case), and 1 license for your own XBL profile. The game will detect the presence of the DLC on the HDD, and open up the 5th character to play. You'll get some conflicting info if YOU are on the 1st 360 (signed in), and someone else is on the 2nd console (where it was 1st downloaded), because to them, it will still say the content is available to be purchased for 800 MSP (400 thru Tuesday morning) ... but it will also say "Installed" (and yes, even in a green font!), meaning it's still valid, but just not purchased by the current XBL account.

PSN works just like the "1st console downloaded" rule ... as long as there's a valid console license on the console, then any account (profile) on that console has access to the Mechromancer, even though the game still prompts the other profiles to buy the pack.

So in summary, yes, it's safe to purchase on your 2nd Xbox to use for any account there. The only difference to that "1st download console + current Live account" dual-license paradigm are avatar items ... because they're ONLY valid for the XBL account that purchased them, regardless of where they were downloaded.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Did you beat the 3 Second Hero yet? Hard as hell xD[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not by myself. I think I had to use a guide every step of the way. I couldn't figure out what the hell to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back