XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chopper']Heh, I'm experiencing the exact same thing with Puzzle Quest.

I did notice one of the achievements requires you to win a match online.... and online is completely dead. Anyone want to help me out? Obviously, I will return the favor so you can get the achievement as well.[/QUOTE]

I can help out later.

[quote name='chopper']Heh, I'm experiencing the exact same thing with Puzzle Quest.

I did notice one of the achievements requires you to win a match online.... and online is completely dead. Anyone want to help me out? Obviously, I will return the favor so you can get the achievement as well.[/QUOTE]

I'll help. I think I need it too. Either way, should only take a couple of minutes.

[quote name='ianoid']Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.[/QUOTE]

So, pass on Catan? I haven't bought any XBLA games in a while, considering Magic (which is better, if I get 2012, is there a point to getting the original?), Catan, maybe Bastion (I need to check gameplay videos, I don't know much about it), and I Am Alive next week.

[quote name='guessed']So, pass on Catan? I haven't bought any XBLA games in a while, considering Magic (which is better, if I get 2012, is there a point to getting the original?), Catan, maybe Bastion (I need to check gameplay videos, I don't know much about it), and I Am Alive next week.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that was missing from Magic 2012 from the original that I really missed was the removal of the two headed giant co op campaign. It was replaced with a 3v1 campaign which kinda makes up for it but doesnt feel nearly as fun due to you having to have a computer player with you on your team to make it work. I really liked the 2v2 campaign in the original since it was a lot of fun couch co-op.

[quote name='guessed']So, pass on Catan?...[/QUOTE]

I still tout Catan as a solid pickup for fans of tabletop strategy. I haven't played online in a few months due to allowing my Gold account to lapse but I never had trouble finding people to play Catan online with before that. I played it online VERY frequently in the spring and summer of this year and found online players regularly. I should mention that many players were playing in the ranked games as opposed to the casual ones, the achievements influence this I'm sure. Also, the game has an international following so I often found myself playing with users from Europe and Australia. This was nice as it allowed play at all times of day and night. In addition, there may be a minor influx of online players as a result of it being on sale. The game is still pretty good solo as well, playing against three hard AI can yield a decent challenge.

Went ahead and picked up the original Magic the gathering. Feels faster paced than number 2 (maybe it's just the music) and it seemed like there were different cards (I've unlocked almost all of them in 2012).

Debating on puzzle quest 2...definitely getting 1 as I've been waiting a while.

May get Catan as I passed last time due to low points but did enjoy it.

Battlefield 1943 is in my personal opinion #1 on my short list of best Multiplayer XBLA games. Your a fool to pass up this deal that i proudly paid full price for.

BTW i scooped up Bastion, Puzzle Quest 1, and some RB/GH/DJH dlc, i own most of everything else as i suppose you all do as well.

Really enjoying Catan and Carcassonne. Haven't had to wait more than 3 or 4 minutes for a multi player game but I'm terrible at them so mostly just doing single player for now, still really fun.

[quote name='irafreak']

Debating on puzzle quest 2...definitely getting 1 as I've been waiting a while.

.[/QUOTE]

GET IT!!!!

Fantastic game and WELL worth the money and I even paid full price the day it dropped. Love this series and wish they either do another one or more expansions.

:applause:

[quote name='Zonic505']Looks like the Sega Model 2 fighting games (Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 2, & Sonic The Fighters) have lowered in price, as they're now priced at 400 MSP each. Plus they'll be out in Japan on Nov. 28th, so there's a chance that'll be the US release as well.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Sonic Fighters may be a day one purchase for me now. I know its the one everyone is least excited by, but personally its the only one of the bunch I care about.

I tried to resist, but Puzzle Quest gave me those puppy dog eyes. Brings back so many great memories from when I played the crap out of it on my PSP. I bought Puzzle Quest 2 on day one, but it just didn't grab me like the original.

For those interested in XBLA Catan, I highly recommend getting the actual board game instead.

It is much more fun to play on a real board and in person with people than on the XBLA version.

Puzzle Quest broke my will and I bit on the DLC. I didn't care so much about the additional quests, but for four new classes I couldn't resist.

I love this game so much.

the model 2 collection imo, is lame. the reason being, fighters megamix takes the best parts of all those 3 games and blends it into what i consider the best 3d fighting game of all time. So either i buy those 3 games, and get annoyed FM never gets released, or avoid them, and hope it does. i don't like buying digital games that become pointless eventually (personally, i liked those 3 games when they were new, but when FM came out i had no reason to play them again, wouldn't be any different with a rerelease) since you can't sell them, so i'll just sit on the sidelines and hope FM is next in line. it's not the most balanced game ever but damn did it have a cast and a fighting style that was fun and accessible. i mean, i like sonics characters better but sonic the fighters just did not play well at all when i played it, but to each his own.

VF2 was great when it came out but i'm bad enough at VF5 online, i can't imagine how good the japanese players online are going to be that have been playing it for 20 years lol it'll be marvel vs capcom 2 online matches all over again

Sonic Fighters at 400 points is a insta-purchase, but it may also mean a purchase for the other two as well. At anything more than that, I definitely would've passed, but dang if 400 isn't the impulse purchase point for me on XBLA games, especially with those easy achievements.

I ended up getting both Puzzle Quest games for the convenience of playing in bed. I already own all of the 10th anniversary games including Wreckateer since I also bought it for $5 recently. Getting the free 10th anniversary avatar helmet softened the blow somehow. Hopefully the Black Friday sale is good.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Major Nelson seems to confirm some type of Black Friday deals for next week in the comments of this thread. :)[/QUOTE]
thanks for posting the link. But honestly, I don't get why the Major would post a deal on Dance Central 3 at Best Buy for $30 when it's $15 at Walmart. Hell, a simple google search would produce that it's cheaper there. Makes you wonder if MS has some kinda deal with BB or if they're just lazy. Prolly lazy and just didn't do research).

Glad Wreckateer is free. Snagged it just now and super happy I didn't get it for 400 msp two weeks ago lol You so crazy Crazy Larry :lol:

[quote name='Zonic505']Looks like the Sega Model 2 fighting games (Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 2, & Sonic The Fighters) have lowered in price, as they're now priced at 400 MSP each. Plus they'll be out in Japan on Nov. 28th, so there's a chance that'll be the US release as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping for an HD remake of Fighters Megamix to be considered... i think it's my most played 3D brawler ever, if you exclude Tobal 2's Quest Mode...

Sucks to be you. Next time strike while the iron's hot.

And I always liked FV/VF2 individually better than Megamix. They both had their own playstyles and balance, Megamix just went and screwed a lot of it up. It was a fun party game but for a couple of people that I played competitively, we generally stuck with VF2 in the Saturn days.

Hopefully the conversion to Model 2 and others is cheap/easy and the sales are enough so we'll see more. SEGA stll has a lot of old arcade games that never saw proper releases. Scud Race / Golden Axe 2 please!

[quote name='wEEman33']For those interested in XBLA Catan, I highly recommend getting the actual board game instead.

It is much more fun to play on a real board and in person with people than on the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... but you see, not everyone has a schedule that works well to accommodate a three-hour game session with live-people that also all have that amount of time to specifically set aside (that includes real-life setup time and takedown) ...and there's the fact that some of us just don't have real-life friends. :whistle2:# womp womp

In those situations, you settle for a decent XBL game (with a terrible interface) that's a lackluster port of a real-life tabletop game.

Too bad I missed out on Wreckateer, but it's not like I'll ever buy a Kinect anyway.

The Model 2 collection sounds cool, but I'm mostly interested in the Virtual On port. I love OT, but the lack of split screen kills it for me, and I'd buy the original if Sega rectified such a grievous oversight in a newer port.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I do NOT understand this Bastion love affair and never will.[/QUOTE]

And thats okay.

For me I thought it seemed a worth while sale purchase (different sale 600msp) after playing the trial. Loved the art design, the charming narrator, memorable music. It's somewhat repetitive, but I've played "better" games that were much more repetitive. The story picks up after a while and really got me engaged until the end. Felt like I found a gem, totally worth it IMO.

[quote name='garrett007']I know this a question out of the blue but did microsoft give the 400 points for the summer of arcade promotion? I never noticed.[/QUOTE]

As long as you PURCHASED 3 games yes..if you redeemed a code for them then...no...sadly..

[quote name='airco']The Model 2 collection sounds cool, but I'm mostly interested in the Virtual On port. I love OT, but the lack of split screen kills it for me, and I'd buy the original if Sega rectified such a grievous oversight in a newer port.[/QUOTE]

Why then, you should pick up Virtual On Force from some place like Play-Asia. It even has 4-player split-screen and pretty much all the content from VO and VO: OT.

[quote name='Sanges99']...and there's the fact that some of us just don't have real-life friends. :whistle2:# womp womp[/QUOTE]

or those real life friends don't care about that kind of games and those who care are miles away to play irl...

I usually play online with complete strangers or people I know for years online, just because my rl friends simply don't care about games or have another console (the majority of them own a PS3.... argh).

[quote name='eastx']Why then, you should pick up Virtual On Force from some place like Play-Asia. It even has 4-player split-screen and pretty much all the content from VO and VO: OT.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Virtual On needs more love imo.

I never even heard of this show until now, I assume it had a very short run.
If so, did it reach a conclusion or just end abruptly? Also, is it worth checking out?

I picked up Puzzle Quest 1 and 2 and I'm tempted to pick up all the other puzzles on sale as well as Full House Poker. Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?

[quote name='chuckie88']I never even heard of this show until now, I assume it had a very short run.
If so, did it reach a conclusion or just end abruptly? Also, is it worth checking out?[/QUOTE]
26 episodes, DEF worth checking out.

[quote name='Tsel']Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?[/QUOTE]

I really like Carcassonne, and you should try Puzzle Fighter's demo (I don't like it, but still, I know a LOT of people that do). About Magic, I'll wait for Magic 2013 to be on sale.

Puzzle Quest 1 is a great game. Thanks to all of the rave in this thread I decided to finally try it and instantly purchased once I got to the end of the demo!

I really want to like the magic games, but just can't get into them. Oh well, got plenty of other stuff to play for now..

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']fuck didnt know Wreckateer was gonna end early, oh well.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted the game and you knew it was free, why the hell would you put off downloading it?

[quote name='E.Nich']I really like Carcassonne, and you should try Puzzle Fighter's demo (I don't like it, but still, I know a LOT of people that do). About Magic, I'll wait for Magic 2013 to be on sale.[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed Magic 2012 so much that after playing the demo of the original, I bought it too. When 2013 goes on sale I'll buy that. Pacing seemed faster in one which I like plus some definite card differences.

[quote name='wirechild']Puzzle Quest 1 is a great game. Thanks to all of the rave in this thread I decided to finally try it and instantly purchased once I got to the end of the demo!..[/QUOTE]

Glad you loved it! Now go buy the 2nd too while you're at it.

:bouncy:

[quote name='Zonic505']That seriously needs to return to Toonami.[/QUOTE]

The impression I got was Cartoon Network didn't seem to care too much for the show. I didn't see Megas included in any of the commercials for Cartoon Network's 20th anniversary. I definitely would've bought it on DVD, if it had been released. It's available on the XBLM, but $20 for season 1 and $26 for season 2 is a bit much.

[quote name='Tsel']I picked up Puzzle Quest 1 and 2 and I'm tempted to pick up all the other puzzles on sale as well as Full House Poker. Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?[/QUOTE]
As I've mentioned previously, I feel that Catan and Carcassone are both excellent choices for someone that enjoys tabletop strategy games.
[quote name='MagmaOasis']26 episodes, DEF worth checking out.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Bloomy']...It's available on the XBLM, but $20 for season 1 and $26 for season 2 is a bit much.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I agree that $46 is too much for 26 episodes. I'm glad for the heads up though as now I'll have it on my radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back