XBL Points Sale on Amazon: 1600 - $16.54, 4000 - $43.54

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think the promo's still going through June. It just shows up in the order confirmation page prior to placing your order.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. Good to know.

Got 2! Now they just need to get here fast so I can get the new Magic DLC and, finally, Toy Soldiers. Then I'll have plenty left over for Snoopy Flying Ace and the Laura Croft game later this year -- as if it'll last that long.

For those that bought more than one, did you get TWO $5 MP3 credits? Or do would a person have to buy them in separate transactions?

[quote name='IOWABERG']For those that bought more than one, did you get TWO $5 MP3 credits? Or do would a person have to buy them in separate transactions?[/QUOTE]

Just one $5 credit for me. (I bought two 1600 point cards)

[quote name='addicted2games']I am so spoiled by the $30 4000 point codes I got off ebay a year ago. I built over 14000 live points on my account and still have about 5000 left. I hope those cheap codes come back when I am almost out of points.[/QUOTE]

I am spoiled by (1) the Target glitch where you got a free 1600 points card with the purchase of any clearance game, and (2) the K-Mart $10 off $20 coupon. I purchased every XBLA game that I was remotely interested in and still have 13,000 points left.

[quote name='brauma']Am i the only one who finds it crappy they charge for shipping?[/QUOTE]

They don't. Pay full price for the electronic version and you don't get charged shipping.

But yes, you are the only one. Since Amazon has the best shipping options in the biz. My Prime has paid for itself over and over and was probably worth it just for Black Friday deals.

Oh, and the MP3 deal did it for me. I'm spoiled by all the credit card fraud points I supposedly bought, but never got yanked from my account. But somehow MicroCenter got a bunch of cheap cards too and sold them, so maybe my cards came from the same place theirs did?

[quote name='IOWABERG']For those that bought more than one, did you get TWO $5 MP3 credits? Or do would a person have to buy them in separate transactions?[/QUOTE]You are only entitled to get one $5 MP3 credit per account.

[quote name='Fallen3']It has been so long since I spent any points. The last thing I bought I think was the map pack for Call of Duty 4.

I have not seen any content worth downloading in a while. I also have not bought an arcade game in forever. .[/QUOTE]

That's my problem too. I bought a boatload of points a few months ago and figured i'd use em up but there's nothing to get. And I bought some stuff just cause it was on sale.

Checked out Crystal Defenders and it's not worth the price in my opinion. I guess I'll wait for Plants vs ZOmbies and the new Puzzle Quest.

[quote name='illennium']I am spoiled by (1) the Target glitch where you got a free 1600 points card with the purchase of any clearance game[/QUOTE]

Wait...what? Tell me more.

In Decembe, Target had a coupon for a free points card with Xbox hardware purchase. But the coupon was programmed wrong so that it automatically gave the points card for free with any game purchase. Since many clearance games are less than $20, people went to town gettin points cards for free with clearance games that, in many cases, they would have bought anyway.

The only thing I really want from the marketplace is Ikaruga, so I guess I'll have to comb through the crap until I find another game I want before I buy any more points. Though by the time that happens the price is likely to go back up. :lol:

[quote name='rapsodist']The $5 MP3 credit makes this a worthwhile deal. Otherwise, I'd pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just wish I had Prime or something else to buy, as I still have 6500 points, so I don't really need a lot.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']I already have so many points and I'm just waiting for something to spend them on. PLEASE RELEASE SOMETHING OF QUALITY TO XBLA! [/QUOTE]

Did you miss After Burner Climax?

And don't forget all of the Indie Games.

There is plenty of quality stuff to buy...

[quote name='yyr']Did you miss After Burner Climax?

And don't forget all of the Indie Games.

There is plenty of quality stuff to buy...[/QUOTE]

I agree with After Burner Climax! That was a solid XBLA title with a good challenge for those looking to get the Avatar Awards for it. Also, Perfect Dark is great too. Both for 800 points each is a good price :)

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Also, Perfect Dark is great too. Both for 800 points each is a good price :)[/QUOTE]
I forgot all about PD! I might just buy that soon. I really want to wait for a sale on any xbla title I buy just because of my backlog. But Perfect Dark was so good and brings back so many awesome memories.

How are you people getting more than one card? I tried ordering 2 cards and get the following message:

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

The 4.98 shipping kind of kills it for me but, obviously, others are getting it to work...

[quote name='Angelwatch']How are you people getting more than one card? I tried ordering 2 cards and get the following message:

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

The 4.98 shipping kind of kills it for me but, obviously, others are getting it to work...[/QUOTE]

Might be a recent change. Ordered 4 yesterday without an issue.

[quote name='Angelwatch']How are you people getting more than one card? I tried ordering 2 cards and get the following message:

The 4.98 shipping kind of kills it for me but, obviously, others are getting it to work...[/QUOTE]

Yup, same thing for me. Must be a recent change.

I don't want anything else at the moment so year the shipping charge kills the deal for me too.

Edit: Actually I wound up just buying a 4000 Point card instead, still cheaper than in-store.

[quote name='Curlis']Yup, same thing for me. Must be a recent change.

I don't want anything else at the moment so year the shipping charge kills the deal for me too.

Edit: Actually I wound up just buying a 4000 Point card instead, still cheaper than in-store.[/QUOTE]

Kinda kills it for me too. Added to my cart last night...hesitated and now the limitation. Oh well.

Ordered myself 3 yesterday. Luckily I have Prime, so free 2-day shipping. I'll give my girlfriend a card for her 360, since she doesn't really use many points, and use the other 2 on mine to pick up some DLC and maybe a few indie games that I've been eyeing. Thanks Cheapy!

Does anyone know if the $5 mp3 credit is still valid on these? I'm tempted to pick one up, but i'm not seeing that promo advertised anywhere

[quote name='bobbyblane']Does anyone know if the $5 mp3 credit is still valid on these? I'm tempted to pick one up, but i'm not seeing that promo advertised anywhere[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's still going or not, but if it is, it wouldn't be advertised on the card's page. The only notification about the credit it on the final page of checkout just before you submit the order.

I can confirm that the $5 mp3 credit is still valid on these(or was, when I bought 2 1600 point cards two nights ago.) I used the credit to buy mp3's yesterday night but the e-mail said the credit was good through sometime in mid-June(June 15th, I think.)

The purchasing limit on this just killed the deal, unless you either have prime or count the $5 mp3 credit as something special.

Yep, hesitated and now there is the limitation. I don't really need the points cause I have around $35 that I'm not in a rush to use anytime soon. Oh well. :(

[quote name='Kezmer']I don't know if it matters in the end or if Wal-Mart has a FS option but they undercut Amazon by 1 dollar it looks like on each card, I don;t really go there much but if they PM the website you can go get them today, 1600 point card is $15.54 now

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Live...00000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=4630996[/QUOTE]

Checked it out, as far as I can see you can't get that price at store and shipping it from Walmart.com would 5.16 for standard shipping so not worth it at least for me. :(

Site-To-Store is an option for me for the 4000 cards.
Plus my local Best Buy has PMed Wlamart.com's prices for me so it's at least worth a try if you're in deep.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']well since Walmart dropped it by a dollar, I'll wait till Amazon PMs it to order[/QUOTE]

yeah that is also what I am hoping lol

$5 MP3 credit still active on amazon...Just bought 1600 card in the last hour and I just got the credit. When I was checking out, there was a big box at the top of the final checkout screen saying I would get the MP3 credit and it would be good until sometime in June.

I didn't notice a message about the MP3 credit on the check out screen but I did receive an e-mail about it immediately after I ordered.

Yeah, I just put in an order for this and Coraline on Blu-Ray ($9.99). I got the $5 MP3 credit also. Not bad apples. Now to figure out who I want to give Amazon virtual money to.

[quote name='Cephiros']Checked it out, as far as I can see you can't get that price at store and shipping it from Walmart.com would 5.16 for standard shipping so not worth it at least for me. :([/QUOTE]

So it's like 17$ each for 10 1600 pt cards after the shipping rape! I wish this had free shipping cause I would have bought 50 ;)

Item Total:
$155.40

Shipping Cost:
$14.60

Subtotal:
$170.00

Yesterday I went ahead and ordered 1 card from Amazon after finally upgrading to Amazon Prime (it will more than pay for itself come the fall and spring semester when my wife needs textbooks). For giggles I tried to buy another card today and it wouldn't let me so it's definitely a hardcoded 1 per customer.

Yeah, it's no longer worth it unless you are buying something else for the free s/h or have prime. It will only let you get 1.

bread's done
Back