XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

I didn't even think about this until afterwards but I am kind of surprised that there was no mention of any Battlefield games during EA's conference.

July 9th release date, woohoo.

Got an email from EA earlier today

17796267.png

I assume it's going to be July 8th for Live and July 9th for PSN since those are their respective content release days. Either way, it's good news.

[quote name='$hady']July 9th release date, woohoo.

Got an email from EA earlier today

17796267.png
[/QUOTE]

Awesome news to hear that a release date is FINALLY official. :whee:

There was a post from a Dice guy on the EA forums that those may not be right. So don't get your hopes up yet. I surely hope he's wrong though

[quote name='slickkill77']There was a post from a Dice guy on the EA forums that those may not be right. So don't get your hopes up yet. I surely hope he's wrong though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the last couple days people that are working on the game from DICE have been posting on forums saying how "the announcement of the release date being July 9th" is incorrect. So apparently we are back to the whole "we are working very hard to get the game out as soon as possible" crap. I don't usually get impatient and complain about games not coming out by a certain time......but this is getting a little ridiculous. I'm sure most people are aware of "Valve time" (Valve has a habit of never giving release dates and their games usually get pushed back many times) so I hereby declare

DICE time. :whee:

LOL which is exactly what I posted about a week ago.

Well it said 9th since the email gave both the PSN and 360 release news but still I trust corporate emails/ads over forum/twitter posts. :D

I'm still down for a release day buy hope it plays well.

been playing this with people at work for the past week or two, a lot of fun and ownage to be had, don't know about 15$ fun =), But I think I mite get it if I find someone to do a two for one.

Considering the fact that the twitter account was a Dice employee, I would trust the twitter account because corporate emails can be sent out to early

I LOVED 1942 for the pc.
If this can live up to my expectations from 1942, this just may be the game that turns me from a Campaign only type of gamer, to an online player.

Great news comng out next week really excited about this, plus it'll be my first new release game i'll buy this year. I've been in Edinburgh since last Sunday and I get back Wednesday 8th so it'll be a nice returning home present just need some more MS points.

We ought to try to get CAGs together together to play, BFBC was fun, but I never really played in a group so I feel like I missed out. My gamertag: dropbearGSH

What's sad is that this game might be superior to Bad Company. All it needs is global team chat and grenades/rockets with splash damage. Bad Company was a fucking mess, because they just focused on Frostbite and threw code fragments from the Modern Combat engine under the hood. Frostbite was crap, at least BFBC2 already had Frostbite finished so they can go back to making the GAME good rather than some Red Faction style gimmick that tainted gameplay more than enhanced it.

No it's not up yet I just checked as i'm wasting time. That's perfectly fine by me though as i'm about to be hitting the road for a 4 hour drive. :D

EDIT: ACTUALLY IT IS UP!

Go to game videos > titles > B > 1943

I kept getting an error message and it wouldn't let me buy it outright so I downloaded the trial and bought it that way. 559.32 mb :D

EDIT 2: I'm sure it's release day jitters but OMG this shit was laggy! It's pretty much unplayable right now. Oh well I turned it off and i'm leaving anyway so hopefully it's fixed by late tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, im surprised ms let them release it in the state it's in. it's pretty bad lag wise, reload animation doesn't always function, various z fighting issues.

It is laggy but I'm guessing that has to do with a lot of ppl downloading and joining the game. Also the marketplace has been having issues so they could be connected. But this is fun.

[quote name='$hady']No it's not up yet I just checked as i'm wasting time. That's perfectly fine by me though as i'm about to be hitting the road for a 4 hour drive. :D

EDIT: ACTUALLY IT IS UP!

I kept getting an error message and it wouldn't let me buy it outright so I downloaded the trial and bought it that way. 559.32 mb :D

EDIT 2: I'm sure it's release day jitters but OMG this shit was laggy! It's pretty much unplayable right now. Oh well I turned it off and i'm leaving anyway so hopefully it's fixed by late tonight.[/QUOTE]

Game videos? Why is it listed in there? No wonder I couldn't find it!

yeah lag was bad the first 5 games or so, last two were way smoother, send friend request if you want to play

Theres also a tab for it on the marketplace. This game kicks ass. Does anyone know how to use the parachute though?

Lags gone too if your wondering

[quote name='$hady']

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it couldn't find it anywhere else! They really make it hard to buy this game.

I tried the game, got into a match and the lag was terrible so I quit and i've been unable to join other since. Great use of 1200 points.

I'll try again soon.

I haven't had any lag in about two hours, but I quite out of a game to see my stats and now I can't join. Anyone on the parachute?

Its working again

I haven't come across a game with lag yet, but I've only played two games. Third game I got kicked right when the map loaded and have had no luck finding a game for a while and rebooted my console and got in fine.

Also... WHERE THE HELL IS THE MUTE BUTTON AND HOW CAN I TELL WHO IS TALKING? I don't want to open up gamercards and mute every single person like musical chairs. -_-

They need to change that and they need to give you the ability to see your K/D ration on the leaderboards.

Ok well you can see all of your stats on battlefield1943.com and A is parachute in case you haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you kidding me....theres no option to search for servers??? i cant join a match right now because none of my friends have the game and the quick match option isnt pulling up any available servers. can yall please add me to your friend list so i can get in a game

Great, I can't connect to a quick match at all and none of my friends on have the game so I can not play. Not having the option to pick a server sucks when your quick match is broken.

I was looking forward to playing before I went to work, but that looks like it wont happen.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Great, I can't connect to a quick match at all and none of my friends on have the game so I can not play. Not having the option to pick a server sucks when your quick match is broken.

I was looking forward to playing before I went to work, but that looks like it wont happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there aren't enough servers yet. You pretty much have to keep clicking Quick Play until one opens up.

Well I finally got in a game using quick connect. I must say it's a pretty damn good game for $15 but I'm probably a bit biased due to my love for bf2. I've probably played that game more than any other (except maybe WoW :). The destructability adds a new strategy to the game and the terrain is definitely an improvement over bf2. Any Cags wanna get a regular game going?

My connection problems seem to be over now, pretty fun game when you get into it. I'm still amazed its an arcade game.

bread's done
Back