XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

[quote name='SteveGo']So you essentially paid just as much if not more, as 1200 pts doesn't necessarily equate to $14.99 (the price on PSN), yet you feel the need to thread crap.

Why?[/QUOTE]

Because he/she/it is a troll. Rather than actually play games, it would rather try and make itself feel better by trolling the internets. :beer:

Finally got in my 30 minute trial time.
It brought back great memories of the old PC days.
I'll pick it up soon. I have a 4000 point card coming in the mail from Barnes and Noble (thanks to a $50 gift card).
Without the gift card, I'm not sure if I'd get it or not. I'd sure like them to have more maps.

[quote name='homeland']Ya it was good playing with you, though next time we should work together more. Just the little teamwork Bob and I had, made the game a hell of alot more enjoyable. If we could have a full squad working together, we'd be fucking some shit up![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we should start a party next time so we can use voice chat. I'm still not sure why I can't hear my teammates. I was able to the first time I played, but I haven't heard anything since.

[quote name='sunnysky']Finally got in my 30 minute trial time.
It brought back great memories of the old PC days.
I'll pick it up soon. I have a 4000 point card coming in the mail from Barnes and Noble (thanks to a $50 gift card).
Without the gift card, I'm not sure if I'd get it or not. I'd sure like them to have more maps.[/QUOTE]

Maps are holding me back. I feel that a lot of people will play this for about 2-3 weeks before complaining about lack of maps and how bored they are already.

I know new ones and potential DLC is coming, but I don't know if I can justify the points for 3 maps.

[quote name='homeland']Ya it was good playing with you, though next time we should work together more. Just the little teamwork Bob and I had, made the game a hell of alot more enjoyable. If we could have a full squad working together, we'd be fucking some shit up![/QUOTE]

yea, it was definitely more fun attacking and defending bases with a buddy. It was just me and homeland, and then ivanhood for a little working together last night and I think our team won all 4-5 matches we teamed up in. Looking forward to some more organized Cag nights in the future once they get all the servers up and running.

And to all the people that are down on the game for only coming with 3 maps, I know on the surface it seems like a ripoff but just give the game a chance, it's worthy enough to be a full fledged retail game quality-wise. try the demo and hopefully you'll see it's well worth the $15. I mean, it's old school bf1942 on console with next gen graphics and physics, how can you top that :)

Tried joining a game with the demo and couldnt get into a single game. Bought the full thing and I had no problems since.

Loving the game so far. Finally, a 1200 pt arcade game that is actually worth the price.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I know new ones and potential DLC is coming, but I don't know if I can justify the points for 3 maps.[/QUOTE]

Four maps really since we'll have Coral Sea for free within a week. (Up to 6.5 million of 43 million as of this post, which started counting yesterday)

While the amount of maps are a deterrant, it's not a big deal to me. I replayed Wake Island so many times in 1942, it's not even funny. It's more difficult to get tired of these maps because each game is often vastly different than the last, leaving you with something to always do. Granted you'll still get tired of them eventually, but at which point you should probably take a break from the game for a little while.

I'm not the best, but I started getting the hang last night. After crashing the plane about 15 times in the tutorial I started getting better.

I love how it's an arcade game though. Makes playing a quick round easy.

[quote name='Draekon']Four maps really since we'll have Coral Sea for free within a week. (Up to 6.5 million of 43 million as of this post, which started counting yesterday)

While the amount of maps are a deterrant, it's not a big deal to me. I replayed Wake Island so many times in 1942, it's not even funny. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. If I had a dollar for every time I have played a Battlefield game at Wake Island I would be a millionaire. Between Wake on 1942 and the remake of it for Battlefield 2 I have probably never played a multiplayer map in a game more than Wake.

[quote name='homeland']unless u dont pay regular price on point cards :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly! You can pretty easily get a 4000 pts card for $30 so that makes this game $9. I've already got my moneys worth i'd say. I spent alot of time last night just learning how to fly the planes and screwing around.

it's a shame it's so damn glitchy.
Lag, sound issues etc.

Feels kinda like i bought access to a beta : /

I'm sure it'll get better over time.

*FWIW i have a dedicatd fios connection to the game consoles (only 360 is running so it's not my connection.)

[quote name='TheRock88']Tried joining a game with the demo and couldnt get into a single game. Bought the full thing and I had no problems since.

Loving the game so far. Finally, a 1200 pt arcade game that is actually worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Really? So that's the trick...buy it and play it :whistle2:k

I was planning on buying it but wanted to wait till they clear out the issues...tempted now to just bite and see if I can get in a game that way too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']1942, 1943...same decade, not that much of a difference right? :D[/QUOTE]

If it was something like SW Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 2, ok maybe since they both sound similar and are the same type of genre. But 1942 the SHUMP and an FPS like BF 1943? #-o

VIPFreak

who-wants-to-be-a-dumbass.jpg

I'm not sure about anyone else but yesterday afternoon I had this game freeze on me twice at the exact same moment. Both times it froze up right after my bombs hit after an Air Raid. Right after all of the bombs hit and the names of the people I killed were on the screen it happened. Its okay though.....I have not learned my lesson in the slightest. I continue to do Air Raids when I have the chance. :whee:

Bought the game yesterday...:shock:...played till 2am. Excellent game, easily on of the best XBLA games, excellent value for what you get too.

I love the planes, I just absolutely suck flying them.

I found the ports that Battlefield 1943 uses on the DICE forums. It's helped me join games a hell of a lot easier if anybody wants to try them:

TCP Ports: 80, 13020, 18280, 18285
UDP Ports: 53, 3074, 11000-11030, 18285

Normally you shouldn't need to do this but EA is a bitch.

EDIT: For the record, 95% of the games I tried to join gave me "Connection Problem" and didn't let me enter. Once I opened the ports, I've gotten into every single game that made it to Joining Game (Which I tried about 10 times since opening the ports).

Last edited by a moderator:
I played a game this afternoon and everything looked scrambled on one part of a map. When I faced one of the islands the screen would have lines and look messed up, but if I turned and faced a different direction everything was fine. 2-3 minutes in, the game said the connection was lost, and I constantly kept getting a "no servers" error and could not join any games. I exited the game and loaded it back up and kept getting a "No EA servers" error. I was connected to XBL as I was able to play a game of Magic against someone else and message friends.

Played it alot this weekend and id have to agree with most everyone else - It is worth buying the game. Brings back alot of memorys playing BF1942/DC on the pc years ago.

Now - They gotta fix the Tech issues. In the last hour - I was disconnected from games twice and the console locked up once requireing a hard boot. Im also seeing graphic glitches at times. Very Frustrating when it happens.... Id say ive lost at least 2 ranks if not more worth of exp. to these bugs.

The disconnects are happening because they are adding and working on the servers. The console freezes are annoying.

Xbox is almost at 24,000,000 kills
Ps3 only at 13,000,000

[quote name='garrett_in_the_hat']I want to pick this game up later this week. Have the server and lag issues been resolved?[/QUOTE]

Server issues are fine now, but if you have some problems you probably need to open the ports I listed in my last reply. As for the lag, I'm getting a tiny bit today but it's not enough to cause me to play any worse as I still seem to get MVP with a ton of kills.

[quote name='thrustbucket']But I've never had lag, even when I could only get into a game through joining a friend.[/QUOTE]

Up until yesterday I had none. Now when I watch planes fly they occasionally rubberband backwards momentarily. Also when someone surprises me and hide behind cover, like say a bunker wall, I will still die despite not being able to see them for a full 2 seconds before my death because they're on the other side of the wall.

Kindof annoying, but still quite playable. Well, so long as I don't get flanked from out of view.

I'm just estatic to have a server based shooter to play.

Coming from gears, where I am expected to pay upwards of $100 for game and all maps, just to have a host ruin it all, it's a welcome breath of fresh air to pay $15 and get hosted gaming.

bread's done
Back