XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is Coral a dogfight battles only map?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking, but yeah Coral Sea is planes only.

I haven't actually played at Coral Sea yet, does Air Superiority actually have sections of the sky that are controlled?

Is the full game having authentication issues? I've got the trial and it keeps telling me it can't connect to EA for everything. I really want to try this =/

ive played the trial and it seems pretty fun. I only got to play a few games before the trial expired but i didnt like how you had to control the plane. It was hard to control and I got a bit confused with the controls but I might get it later. Im going to buy it nevertheless. On the trial, the text was so damn small. Is thhis just to me or everyone, or jsut the demo? This is how COD should be :) cept w/o the small choice of classes. I think it is really good for a XBLA game.

Coral Sea improves my flying so much. im now doing barrel rolls and flying upside down...

...right before i kamikaze onto the other teams carrier while they are waiting around for the next plane.

You need to hit A to open up the parachute while you're falling. It cannot be "undone and redone" like past Battlefield games.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Great, a map which only features planes. I can't fly to save my life.[/QUOTE]

At least it's in a completely seperate playlist so we're not forced into flying if we don't want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be spoiled by COD lunging melee because I cant for the life of me get more than 1 a round.

Also, can a $$$$a get a ride please? What is the use of driving a jeep by yourself to the next flag? We are all going that way so stop and pick a brotha up. Hell even if you are worried about points the person driving always get the 30 plus capture while any passenger gets 10.

I just dont get why people drive the 1 jeep away leaving 4 of us to foot it.

[quote name='Draekon']You need to hit A to open up the parachute while you're falling. It cannot be "undone and redone" like past Battlefield games.

At least it's in a completely seperate playlist so we're not forced into flying if we don't want to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like that they done that.

I played two games, i'm getting better I can't fly at ALL 3rd person, but in 1st i'm alot better.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I played two games, i'm getting better I can't fly at ALL 3rd person, but in 1st i'm alot better.[/QUOTE]

You can always practice in the tutorial (select the second flag point to bypass the stupid part of the tutorial) if you don't want to hurt your K/D spread or whatever to get the hang of plane handling and what not.

And yeah, 1st person is the best for dog fighting. 3rd person is more for bombing vehicles, but it's much tougher to gauge you altitude.

Same with tanks, 3rd person is great for driving but if you're planning on killing people reliably, 1st person is a monster.

[quote name='Draekon']Same with tanks, 3rd person is great for driving but if you're planning on killing people reliably, 1st person is a monster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the only time I use the 3rd person view in the Tanks is when I'm at a control point to take it over. The 3rd person perspective is a much better way to quickly see if any enemies are close to you. As for combat, 3rd person for tanks is freakin worthless. The reticule that is used for 3rd person is so terrible.

Today I played probably 4 or 5 rounds at Coral Sea and I must say that it is pretty awesome. I don't know if this a coincidence or not but I always played considerably better when using the Zero compared to the Corsair.

The Zero is way better than the Corsair in this game. The Zero has more sped, maneuverability, and a wider bullet "spread." The only advantages the Corsair has is that it does more damage, and it can take more damage.

The maneuverability makes a big difference because flying as a Zero, you can easily lose a corsair just by holding the throttle and turning hard- after a few seconds, the corsair can not keep up. The Corsair on the other hand, must slow down to make any type of evasive attempt that will shake a Zero. IMO, the only good thing about the Corsair is that if you line your shot up/lead your target just right, you can tear a Zero apart within a couple of seconds.

Actually it has been proven that the planes are exactly the same. The only difference is the placement of the camera in the cockpit, which makes the zero feel faster. If you don't believe me go to the bf1943 forums. GVD said it himself.

I could have sworn the same thing but the camera is farther back in the corsair which makes the zero appear faster. The funny thing is that in real life the zero was slower but was more agile. The corsair was faster and more powerful but not so agile. In game the zero seems much faster though

Essentially it is just an optical illusion. But I believe the gun placement is different now that I reread your post and that makes a little bit of a difference.

I have 250/250 the game and am only missing 7 patches most of which are long term playing patches.

I am really liking this game....so much so that I am already dying for new maps.

Anyone know why I cant find myself on the website leaderboards?

[quote name='Soodmeg']I have 250/250 the game and am only missing 7 patches most of which are long term playing patches.

I am really liking this game....so much so that I am already dying for new maps.

Anyone know why I cant find myself on the website leaderboards?[/QUOTE]

The website leaderboards have been down since Friday I believe. DICE said it should take a few days to fix the online website but it is a week later and it is still down.

For the leader board you have to spell your name exactly as it is. Like I cant type Ninjapenguin777, i have to type NinjaPenguin777.
Our soldier profiles are down and are being worked on

Been enjoying this though I've encountered my first server issues today, which ended up kicking me off of Live while trying to get into quick matches.

The news ticker mentioned that everyone that has used up their 30 minute trials will get an extra 30 minutes to play some more tomorrow.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I have 250/250 the game and am only missing 7 patches most of which are long term playing patches.

Anyone know why I cant find myself on the website leaderboards?[/QUOTE]

You gotta make sure if you are using firefox, that you don't have ad bock on, and no scripts.
If you use IE8, it works just fine. If you can find the website, just google "battlefield 1943 official".
BTW, when you people are talking about "cross hairs vs circle", are you talking about completely different planes, or can you set up your cross hairs to look a certain way in the settings?

The official website has the stats portion of the website back up in case anyone doesn't know already.

Also looks like they fixed the "score" on the site too. Before I had 195,000 but now I'm back to what it shows in the actual game (37500). So bye bye to my leaderboard rank of 300'ish and hello 5000 again.

[quote name='sunnysky']BTW, when you people are talking about "cross hairs vs circle", are you talking about completely different planes, or can you set up your cross hairs to look a certain way in the settings?[/QUOTE]

Press up on the D-pad to change the camera view while in a plane to third person, which has cross hairs instead of the circle.

[quote name='Draekon']So I see that every time you shoot a gun, the entire population across the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles are all simultaneously headshot. However apparently on rare occasion, you knick their body during that headshot.

I guess that would expain some of my strange deaths that make absolutely no sense.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought that was weird.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Press up on the D-pad to change the camera view while in a plane to third person, which has cross hairs instead of the circle.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I already do that.
I didn't realize you were talking about the difference between third person and first person views. I thought maybe there were two different cross hair options.
BTW, I agree that killing with the cock pit view is 100% easier.

Still enjoying playing this every day. However, it's starting to seem like most people play the rifleman most of the time, which is making the game seem stale.

The rifle pretty much makes the sniper rifle pointless, as it does everything it can do without a reload time.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Still enjoying playing this every day. However, it's starting to seem like most people play the rifleman most of the time, which is making the game seem stale.

The rifle pretty much makes the sniper rifle pointless, as it does everything it can do without a reload time.[/QUOTE]

Its the only good class unless you use vehicles. SMG doesnt have a long enough range for the massive maps and the Sniper is useless unless your good with headshots. How it can knock down a tree in one shot but take two shots to kill a person is beyond me...

[quote name='thrustbucket']Still enjoying playing this every day. However, it's starting to seem like most people play the rifleman most of the time, which is making the game seem stale.

The rifle pretty much makes the sniper rifle pointless, as it does everything it can do without a reload time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Rifleman class is used by most people. The last few times I've played I have been forcing myself to use the Infantry class. The unfortunate thing about the SMG is that it is supposed to be superior to the Rifle at close range but they are actually pretty evenly matched in this instance.

I use the Infantry class more and more now to avoid getting sick of the Rifleman class and also to differentiate myself from everyone else.

Yeah, I am finding it extremely hard to justify being anything other than the rifleman.

But I am getting really tired of them so I have been forcing myself to play other classes and christ did they get screwed. I just notice that you have to reload all 6 bullets no matter how many you shot with the sniper.

I still havent even found a reason to play as infantry.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah, I am finding it extremely hard to justify being anything other than the rifleman.

But I am getting really tired of them so I have been forcing myself to play other classes and christ did they get screwed. I just notice that you have to reload all 6 bullets no matter how many you shot with the sniper.

I still havent even found a reason to play as infantry.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever use a tank? I've managed to do very well with the Infantry class and tanks. You drive around or hold a spot with the tank and when it gets damaged you can hop out, use the tank as cover and fix it. Hell even if someone else is driving the tank you can ride shotgun and try fixing the tank as you go along while collecting passenger assist points.

Also they're great anti-tank defense.

Yeah, I use tanks sometimes but I dont like to whore out tanks in any game. I let people who like driving tanks have them because I like being on foot and moving around.

I have played with infantry a decent bit and the problem I found is most people either dont know you can fix a tank or dont care because they drive the tank off to be blown up while I am trying to repair it.

I find the scout to be a great anti vehicle class as the c4 seems to be the only explosive that ummmm...actually explodes. Plus 7 or 8 rifle grenades blows up a tank and its suprisingly easy to stay alive to shoot 4 or 5 of them for me and hope that someone already damaged it. And I know the rifleman is suppose to be anti infantry but damn the range on the SMG seem really short.

Would probably play a little more infantry if I didnt spend the entire time thinking, "if only my bullets didnt turn into red and green M & M's after 10ft I could better hold this flag."

I dont play FPS games, but latched on to this one and naturally gravitated to the Rifleman. However, lately I've been spending a lot of time with the Sniper class. I'm getting quite good at half-island headshots. Unfortunately, I just havent figured out the right way to use the C4. The only time I really do well with it is say @ the Iwo Jima airfield. I'll attach / lay C4 at the tank/plane spawns then climb into a crows nest. I pick off attackers w/ the scope and if they try to grab a vehicle *BLAM*. It's quite satisfying.

I only use infantry if I spawn near an attacking tank. Need the bazzoka to kill it.

Even with the C4's effectiveness against vehicles, it's still hard to get close enough to plant the charge and get out of suicide range. Honestly, I think the best way to use the demo pack is through Jihad-Jeeping.

I suppose there is a reason though that the Rifleman is labeled Anti-Infantry and the Infantry class is labeled Anti-Vehicle.

I just noticed last night that it looks like the Infantry can even repair buildings? It would be cool if you got points for repairing stuff, then the Infantry class might have a reason to exist.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I just noticed last night that it looks like the Infantry can even repair buildings? It would be cool if you got points for repairing stuff, then the Infantry class might have a reason to exist.[/QUOTE]

You get points for repairing vehicles as long as someone else is in it while you repair it.

[quote name='life.exe']You get points for repairing vehicles as long as someone else is in it while you repair it.[/QUOTE]

Just got my 100 match achievement (100% now) and didn't know that. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how it's too late. Most of my games have anywhere from 10-12 people on each side with the rare game where it's a little less (one time I actually ended up 1 vs 10 with me on the 1 but people joined shortly after).

Still going strong and still quite fun. Although I don't play as much as I did at first, which is pretty normal.

bread's done
Back