XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

it's definitely worth 1200 ms pts, also getting a free necro DLC made the my investment much sweeter. if you can get it for free, then of course go for it but trying to get one from them on facebook/twitter requires a lot persistance and a little bit'o'luck.

I'll be getting a $25 gift card in a week or two and I want to get a game (or games) that are best for Co-op including offline and online. I was going to get Castle Crashers but I want to know how short it is and how much replay value it has when it's finished?

And if there are any other games out there that are better for the money (Army of Two?) for Co-op let me know.

[quote name='iskateguitars']I'll be getting a $25 gift card in a week or two and I want to get a game (or games) that are best for Co-op including offline and online. I was going to get Castle Crashers but I want to know how short it is and how much replay value it has when it's finished?

And if there are any other games out there that are better for the money (Army of Two?) for Co-op let me know.[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers is a short ride (approx 5 hrs) but has huge replay value.

Considering there isn't any buzz about Army of Two co-op, that should be a sign that it's probably not as popular. Castle Crashers caters to the very basic hack and slash gamer inside, with the same addictive gameplay as TMNT, X-men, (arcade) etc, with it's own...charm. Plenty of things to dig up, equip, and unlock. If you like that sort thing it has a lot of replay value online and local. The DLC is also really cheap as well Behemoth gives out free DLC codes on their FB and twitter page often. (if saving $2.00 is that important)

It's on the top 10 most downloaded XBLA list last year for a reason.

Play up to 4 players. Also two achievement linked mini games.

I have this game and progressed to lava world and I can't beat it by myself and have nobody to play it with. If you want to play with someone please just add me. My gt is Ostro 7.

I have an in progress game I've been playing off and on and need to get back to.

So I'd be up for playing sometime for sure. Send me a Friend Request if you get it.

I'd be up for playing. Already beaten the game a few times but usually makes for a good time. Need the medic achievement too but that's not a big deal.

Just bought it with the sale and have been playing with my gf, it rocks for sure. I'd be down for Co-op but my schedule is really busy. If anyone suggests a time to play I'll try to be there.

Just finished the story by myself today. I'm looking to win some All You Can Quaff matches as well as the arena ones then pass those around if it's available. Would like to do the Medic achievement as well which shouldn't take no more then 10 minutes.

Sorry I've barely been on the box. (Been on PS3 and PSP).

Uhmm..Saturday night is probably the best for me for a co-op night. (I work this Sat so Friday is out but normally good, and Sunday is Easter)

Pink Knight now available. Free download here:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...06aeeaa-8348-4191-af21-13afcdab12db?cid=SLink

banner.png

Born out of popular demand, rumor, and Tom Fulp’s Beard, the Pink Knight is ready to bring the love in. Add the playable Pink Knight plus 5 additional weapons. Warning: Adorable.
Other details directly from The Behemoth's dev blog:

Castle Crashers XBLA Title Update 2 Changes

• Download the Pink Knight (complete with new weapons!) in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, FOR FREE!!!!!!! ($1.00 donated to Keep A Breast Foundation with each of the first 50,000 downloads)
  • Download the Blacksmith Pack for 160 Microsoft Points. Once shrouded in mystery, the legend of the Blacksmith becomes a reality. Wielding miniature antlered frogs, burning hammers of justice and springboard contraptions, this warrior is much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson.
  • Added a Team vs Team feature to Player Match Arena (as opposed to the current free-for-all).
  • Earn two new Avatar Awards—Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet!
  • Ability to check Player’s Gamer Cards in Xbox LIVE matches.
  • Main menu News Ticker for all of your latest Castle Crashers and Behemoth Updates!
Notable Bug Fixes:

• Level 256 cheat resolved (more info available on request).
  • Data copy glitch (more info available on request).
  • Sandworm experience glitch (more info available on request).
  • Wedding Crashers progression save now fixed when user leaves game play in flowery fields.
  • Smoothed Alien Hominid’s Splash Magic when traveling over water.
  • Slowed down Iceskimo’s power drainage from magic.
  • More effects added to elemental attacks for Alien Hominid, Demon and Iceskimo!
  • If your character dies, your Animal Orbs can no longer fight without you.
  • Fixed floating characters in Beefy Arena when grabbed.
  • Sandwiches can now be picked up after Volcano Boss fight.
The Pink Knight was born out of the Xbox LIVE Arcade community. The Pink Knight was a myth when Castle Crashers released and the fans believed in it so much that myth became reality – a completely FREE reality available now for your own personal realities.
With each of the first 50,000 downloads of the Pink Knight we are donating $1.00 to the Keep A Breast Foundation to raise breast cancer detection and prevention awareness.

I bought the Blacksmith because I thought they glitched the Pink Knight and I felt guilty since I help support Breast Cancer Research every year.

Ehh so I decided to pick up Blacksmith too. Lol figured they gave me a free DLC and I love these guys why not. My cheapassness is fading as I grow older it seems. :cold:

Is Castle Crashers any good for strictly solo-only play? I could play with my daughter or try to convince a couple friends to get it, but I'm pretty much a solo-gamer.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Is Castle Crashers any good for strictly solo-only play? I could play with my daughter or try to convince a couple friends to get it, but I'm pretty much a solo-gamer.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not at 1200 points (unless you found them on clearance or something) but I've played it solo 95% of the time and I don't regret my years-old purchase. It was on sale on PS3 about 4 months ago, now I own the game twice :p

Castle Crashers multiplayer is where it's at, the game encourages you to play with buddies over and over and over again. Solo play can get tedious after awhile as fun as the game is/was...I'd play it again from lvl 1 > finish if my buddies all decided to reuinite and save the princesses.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Is Castle Crashers any good for strictly solo-only play? I could play with my daughter or try to convince a couple friends to get it, but I'm pretty much a solo-gamer.[/QUOTE]

I've only played it Multi a handful of times. I love it single player. :)

I downloaded the Pink Knight dlc but no Pink Knight?

nvm re-downloaded it (twice) and it finally appeared.

hopefully I can win a code for Blacksmith

bah, they were cool enough to give a free pink knight and donate to breast cancer research after X K downloads, just buy the blacksmith...it's $1 per character in the end.

So whats the fastest way to level up someone? If i check online its always the catfish trick that was patched, and i dont want to clear my cache and do it that way.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So whats the fastest way to level up someone? If i check online its always the catfish trick that was patched, and i dont want to clear my cache and do it that way.[/QUOTE]

the patched the catfish trick, the bat trick, and apparently the sandworm trick as well.

part of the exp is generated by hitting your enemies, it seems the more you hit your enemy the more opportunities you have to gain exp. that said, i've noticed when you deal a lot of damage in a single attack you tend to gain less exp than if you were dealing less damage but landing more attacks. (wall juggling something that's already dead obviously doesn't net you any additional damage)

soo...I'd suggest the troll bosses where there's almost an infinite number of troll minions that you can whack and grind out some exp. or simply just playing and meleeing your way to the next level.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So whats the fastest way to level up someone? If i check online its always the catfish trick that was patched, and i dont want to clear my cache and do it that way.[/QUOTE]

yeah all boomerang glitches were patched months ago except the sandworm (only 2 of the 3) glitch. this recent update seems to have fixed this glitch so there aren't any boomerang glitches (lots of xp fast) that I am aware of.

when ever you damage an enemy either by melee or magic attack, you gain xp. each "hit" is one xp. a separate "hit" can be thought of each time a damage count over an enemy appears. this is why people typically level strength last (and sometimes magic). I usually put points in defense and agility until I'm at a decent level until I put into magic (so certain attacks are unlocked).

beating the game without grinding, your level would be around the low/mid 30s if playing solo on a new character. 4 player coop around mid 20s (assuming all new characters).

there's also an animal orb that boots xp gain (it's a giraffe)

bread's done
Back