XBLA - Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night - 800pts

I'm at 199.6 :( . I found a glitch in the game that gives you 230+ super potions but I don't know how i did it. I was fighting the galamoth with 1 super potion and with my faerie card on. Galamoth reduced my health to 2hp(from 75hp) but the faerie didn't use my super potion. So I equip the super potion and used it as the same time as the faerie did. So I continue fighting galamoth then suddenly i hear the faerie say heal! So i go check my inventory and It said I had 230+ super potion. Maybe this glitch has to do with the familiar achievement glitch. below.

I also found a achievement glitch the other day, once I beat the game without getting the last familiar (sword). I played and beat the game as richters and once I loaded my alucard file the familiar achievement was unlocked without getting the sword.

[quote name='shieryda']I dl'd the trial version of Castlevania earlier this week, and then decided I would like to purchase the full version. I entered my 1600 point code, bought the full version and dl'd it. When I went to play the full version, only the trial version is launched.

I called Support several times, and they had me delete and re-download the full version. No go after I dl'd it. I then cleared my cache on the harddrive, and dl'd the full version again. The trial still keeps launching, and I have not been able to play the full verion.

Has anyone else had this issue with Castlevania or any other Arcade title?[/quote]

Man that blows. No, I haven't had this issue with any Xbox live arcade games.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Man that blows. No, I haven't had this issue with any Xbox live arcade games.[/quote]

Tech. support has "escalated the issue to Microsoft", so I'm just waiting to get my 800 points refunded. I'm totally bummed, because I really wanted to start this game.

Sorry to bump this with regard to my previous dl issue, but I did get my 800 points back from MS. I still want to play this title, but with all the deleting, re-dl'ing, cache clearing, etc., is it really even worth it?

Should I try to dl it again? Is there a forum topic on Arcade titles not unlocking the full version after you trial them, and then purchase the full version?

[quote name='shieryda']Sorry to bump this with regard to my previous dl issue, but I did get my 800 points back from MS. I still want to play this title, but with all the deleting, re-dl'ing, cache clearing, etc., is it really even worth it?

Should I try to dl it again? Is there a forum topic on Arcade titles not unlocking the full version after you trial them, and then purchase the full version?[/quote]

I'd say it's worth it. It's probably my favorite game on the XBLA. I'd try to download it again.

I had the issues on an old console, so I have not tried to dl it again on the new console (same hard drive). I'll give it another shot.

Being connect to Live in order to play the full version shouldn't matter, should it?

[quote name='shieryda']I had the issues on an old console, so I have not tried to dl it again on the new console (same hard drive). I'll give it another shot.

Being connect to Live in order to play the full version shouldn't matter, should it?[/QUOTE]

If it was purchased on another console it matters. You'll have to be connected to Live in order to play the full version. If you're playing on the console you purchased it on then you don't need to be connected.

[quote name='shieryda']Sorry to bump this with regard to my previous dl issue, but I did get my 800 points back from MS. I still want to play this title, but with all the deleting, re-dl'ing, cache clearing, etc., is it really even worth it?

Should I try to dl it again? Is there a forum topic on Arcade titles not unlocking the full version after you trial them, and then purchase the full version?[/quote]

I'm currently having this problem with Streets of Rage 2, and after three levels of tech support it has not been 'escalated' and I'm waiting for a call back.

Since I've already paid for it, everytime I try to dl it, it doesn't take points away. Is it the same way even when they've refunded you the points? It's very strange because it used to work fine, and I have a couple achievements to prove it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']This time boot up the trial and click on "unlock full version". See if that turns out different.[/quote]
For my Streets of Rage 2 issue, that hasn't made a difference.

[quote name='PyroGamer']This time boot up the trial and click on "unlock full version". See if that turns out different.[/quote]

Do I need to dl the trial version again? I think I deleted it when I was having all those issues before.

I played the trial version again, got to the end, a bunch of story scrolled up, and then Alucard started running towards the castle. I got into the castle and started playing, and bam! An achievement popped up! How the heck did this happen, because I didn't realize I was actually playing the full version. I even got to a couple save points.

Now, how did this happen, because I was playing the trial version and didn't click on "unlock full version" or anything like that. I didn't even go back to the Arcade menu.

[quote name='shieryda']I played the trial version again, got to the end, a bunch of story scrolled up, and then Alucard started running towards the castle. I got into the castle started played, and bam! An achievement popped up! How the heck did this happen, because I didn't realize I was actually playing the full version. I even got to a couple save points.

Now, how did this happen, because I was playing the trial version and didn't click on "unlock full version" or anything like that. I didn't even go back to the Arcade menu.[/QUOTE]

weird. Maybe someone else unlocked it accidentally??

[quote name='richierich']weird. Maybe someone else unlocked it accidentally??[/QUOTE]

Not likely. I did save my progress in the coffin, so I'll see if I can continue where I left off.

bread's done
Back