XBLA - Doritos Dash Of Destruction - 0pts

[quote name='thrustbucket']NinjaBee's goal in this game was for it to be entertaining for 30 minutes while you get easy achievements.

Sounds like they succeeded.[/quote]

That they did.

Not bad. I never even dled yaris after everybody said how shitty it was, but this is a pretty good free game.

I was surprised that this game was actually kind of fun. The only problem I had was that I lost a lot when I had to compete with the other T-Rex.

reminded me of Super Sprint & Rampage.

surprisingly fun and easy for anyone to pick up and play. heh, I guess it would be too much to ask for further customization of the t-rex and truck.

I hated the trex levels the truck AI was just so much smarter than me and loved the other trex. the truck ones were fun enough though. Oh well super easy 200gs

[quote name='RollingSkull']I thought Aegis Wing was terrible.[/quote]

Well, it's best with a friend and you don't have a gamertag posted.

I hate the last few trex levels...actually stuck on them...wow...stupid ass truck always jumps into the mouth of the other trex.

Nevermind: Just beat the last couple of Trex and got all 200pts. This game is definitely not staying on my hard drive, even if it is 120gb.

[quote name='yukine']Not a bad game at all, much better than Yaris.

Did anyone else sit in the multiplayer "lobby" and wait for someone to join? I felt like such a dumb ass when I realized that it was local multiplayer only. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing. I waited and kept pressing Start and A, and it would never advance to the next screen. I even waited for someone to join to no avail. :lol:

Excellent promo by Doritos in my opinion. The name recognition stuck without blasting me with an orange triangle on every single thing which was nice. Game is sadly short, but I had a blast with it for the short time I played and could see this getting some local multiplayer love if the opportunity ever arises.

I will admit to cracking up at the cheesy bits of text (yes, there was a little bit to read there). Things like "my father once told me 'it doesn't matter if the horse is blind....load the cart'. I'm not sure what he meant by that." or the final mega upgrade to your t-rex of the arms. I freely admit....I LOL'd hard.

And now I'll likely be more inclined to have a favorable reaction the next time I see Doritos in a grocery store. Consumer brain-washing 101. I recommend it.

I'm really surprised the game wasn't officially called "DORITOS Dash of Destruction" so that their name brand is on everyone's Gamercard forever. It would have been like placing an ad on your Gamercard. Funny enough, Burger King didn't do that either with their games.

This already shows 80,000+ players on MyGamerCard, but only 29,000 people who got all 200 points. Were their attention spans that short? *LOL*

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']And now I'll likely be more inclined to have a favorable reaction the next time I see Doritos in a grocery store. Consumer brain-washing 101. I recommend it.[/quote]
Well after playing the game, I had a sudden craving for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

No joke.

[quote name='Socheata']I did the exact same thing. I waited and kept pressing Start and A, and it would never advance to the next screen. I even waited for someone to join to no avail. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I did that too and only until I came here did I not realize it was local multiplayer only. I want my 0 ms points back. :lol:

Easy achievements and now I too have a craving for some Doritos as well.

[quote name='Danil ACE']The multiplayer one is ultra easy...it's local so just hook up a 2nd controller.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought it was online and didn't want to be bothered.....I'll get it right now. Thanks!

Just be aware that you have to keep the default settings to get the achievement. It's still simple since you have no resistance and it takes maybe 2 minutes at most.

I got all 200 points in about 10 minutes (like most of you I didn't realize it was local multiplayer only at first for the last one) and then deleted this from my HDD. It was a fun 200 gamerscore but I won't play it again.

[quote name='yukine']Well after playing the game, I had a sudden craving for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

No joke.[/QUOTE]

I am not ashamed to admit that I went to the store shortly after and bought a bag.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Sadly i couldnt get past the level where you go up against the other T-Rex. :cry:
But ive beaten all level with the truck.[/QUOTE]

Be sure you use your dash move to get near the truck and then maneuver to eat it.

[quote name='Matt Young']Just be aware that you have to keep the default settings to get the achievement. It's still simple since you have no resistance and it takes maybe 2 minutes at most.[/QUOTE]
No you can change the settings, at least some of them. I changed it so you'd only have to pick up 2 bags and it unlocked.

I just tried again and i cant beat level 4 of the T-Rex mode. Its just fucking ridiculous. The computer T-Rex knows exactly where the fucking cars are the second they pop up. I have no chance to win at all. Good thing this game was free because its the most aggravating game ive ever played. I beat the truck mode, but even that is a piece of shit. You can get so close to those damn circles and still not get them sometimes. Its really annoying. Im never buying doritos again for the rest of my life.

I'm getting a serious Genesis vibe from this game. The colors and the music seem lifted straight out of that era.

It's not a game with lasting value but it doesn't have pretensions of being anything more than an achievement ATM.

[quote name='CouRageouS']No you can change the settings, at least some of them. I changed it so you'd only have to pick up 2 bags and it unlocked.[/QUOTE]

I changed it to 1 bag and it didn't work, so maybe 2 is the minimum.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just tried again and i cant beat level 4 of the T-Rex mode. Its just fucking ridiculous. The computer T-Rex knows exactly where the fucking cars are the second they pop up. I have no chance to win at all. Good thing this game was free because its the most aggravating game ive ever played. I beat the truck mode, but even that is a piece of shit. You can get so close to those damn circles and still not get them sometimes. Its really annoying. Im never buying doritos again for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]

Really? When I played, the computer didn't even get half the points needed for victory. Did you maybe set the difficulty to a higher level?

[quote name='Matt Young']I changed it to 1 bag and it didn't work, so maybe 2 is the minimum.

Really? When I played, the computer didn't even get half the points needed for victory. Did you maybe set the difficulty to a higher level?[/quote]

Not that im aware of. I was going to set it to easier, but in setting it didnt have a difficulty. Just sound and picture or something.

[quote name='Techsticles']I did that too and only until I came here did I not realize it was local multiplayer only. I want my 0 ms points back. :lol:

Easy achievements and now I too have a craving for some Doritos as well.[/quote]

So am I screwed? I don't have another controller. :cry:

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just tried again and i cant beat level 4 of the T-Rex mode. Its just fucking ridiculous. The computer T-Rex knows exactly where the fucking cars are the second they pop up. I have no chance to win at all. Good thing this game was free because its the most aggravating game ive ever played. I beat the truck mode, but even that is a piece of shit. You can get so close to those damn circles and still not get them sometimes. Its really annoying. Im never buying doritos again for the rest of my life.[/quote]

Its really not that hard. Seriously... Easiest 200 pts I've ever seen.

Stupid multiplayer achievement got me as well even though I read this thread and saw it mentioned. I just downloaded and ran through the game tonight and forgot until I was sitting there thinking damn noone is going to play this online..... Then I remembered and had a duh moment as I grabbed my other controller lol.

The game was pretty cheesy, get it cheesy? Game is about as good as that line was but yea it was worth the 200 free gamerscore and a nice thanks for me eating your chips from the vending machine at work.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I used my guitar hero controller for the last ten points.[/quote]

Lol that's awesome. nice idea

I just finished this last night and got my 200. All in all, it wasn't that bad. Thanks for the post Linkin, nothing better than free!

Hmmm.
Well, I guess it's better than many arcade machines were about 20 years ago.
And it's quite clear that Gamerpoints are way more important to people than Sony will ever admit, when so many people are playing this just so they can up their score by 200.
Would any of you actually played this on the PS3, for no other reason than to just play it.
I vote NO.

[quote name='sunnysky']Hmmm.
And it's quite clear that Gamerpoints are way more important to people than Sony will ever admit, when so many people are playing this just so they can up their score by 200.
Would any of you actually played this on the PS3, for no other reason than to just play it.
I vote NO.
[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, but a free game is a pretty strong incentive by itself. Gamerpoints just push it over the edge.

[quote name='sunnysky']Hmmm.
I vote NO.[/quote]
Honestly, I would of played it even if gamerpoints were not a factor.

However, instead of playing it for the 40 minutes that I did. I would of played it for 5 minutes (like a demo). So yeah, points gave me the incentive to finish all the levels and play it longer than I would have otherwise .

[quote name='KSHLove']lol glad i came in here. I was going to say I never see anyone in the multiplayer lobby.[/QUOTE]

Plug in a second controller.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just tried again and i cant beat level 4 of the T-Rex mode. Its just fucking ridiculous. The computer T-Rex knows exactly where the fucking cars are the second they pop up. I have no chance to win at all. Good thing this game was free because its the most aggravating game ive ever played. I beat the truck mode, but even that is a piece of shit. You can get so close to those damn circles and still not get them sometimes. Its really annoying. Im never buying doritos again for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, fun game but I can't beat this level either. Can you do anything with the tail or is just for looks?

When I originally played it I thought it was impossible to win those stages, but I caved and looked at how to play it and I found out there was a Dash button.

bread's done
Back