XBLA Mad Tracks (Now w/Live) - Wed 5/30 - DLC and Vehicles Update

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Update 5/27: DLC info and cars

It looks like Mad Tracks will be coming to the XBLA next week after many hints, and today we received some details on the cars that will be featured in the game as well as some of the DLC.
We received a lot of Exclusive info regarding DLC for Mad Tracks. There will be 17 gamerpics two of which will be free(Pictured below) and available at time of purchase.

957695-839342-thumbnail.jpg
957695-839339-thumbnail.jpg

The other pics will be sold in 3 sets of five, and one theme pack(Were told they are pretty colourful) and one picture pack will be available for 100pts and 150pts. We also were told that one month later a add-on pack will be released, and one theme pack and one picture pack will be available then as well. These packs will both have a cost, but at least we got two gamerpics free right?
We also got our hands on some Exclusive pics of the 12 Cars featured in Mad Tracks.

957695-837578-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837563-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837568-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837573-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837583-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837588-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837594-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837601-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837604-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837610-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837612-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837616-thumbnail.jpg

Denis Bourdain, head honcho at developer Load Inc. and a regular guest on our forum, would not solidly confirm or deny our information, but the tone of the reply edges on confirmation. Add to that the reliability of our source on this we can pretty much say that only an incoming meteor could stop Mad Tracks from final release Wednesday 30 May, exactly seven days from now.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2947

Denis Bourdain, VP of Mad Tracks developer Load Inc., told Xboxic the exclusive news today that together with Microsoft they have decided to give the gamers exactly what they would’ve preferred to do all along: to make this not only the best Xbox Live Arcade party game for home multiplayer, but also for online Xbox Live multiplayer. The reason for initially not including it was simply a combination of time, money and technical difficulties, with the PC version’s LAN code having to be rewritten from the ground up to be able to run over Xbox Live, but the decision is final now that they will do exactly that despite the several months delay it will cause.
There is no word yet on an updated release date, but rest assured that the Load Inc. developers are hard at work right now to ensure all of us can have some mad online multiplayer racing fun as soon as realistically possible.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1389
-----------------------------
Mad Tracks is a racing game in which you will play with toy cars in everyday environments like a restaurant, a mini golf, a toy store and much more. These toy cars are equipped with spring engines that need some reloading. When you accelerate, stored power goes down. When you release the accelerator, power goes up again.You will have to manage your engine stored power to complete certain challenges.

Your main task is still to drive around and have fun with the 12 pick ups and power ups. Mad Tracks is not a plain racing game. Some of the game is racing (all types of races), the other part is made of mini games like mini golf, foosball or pool table. You will battle on 15 different challenges in unique environments and it's up to you to be the best (or just have fun).

The game features 5 races, 10 mini games, 12 pick ups and power ups that you can stack (ie: rockets, freezer, oil drop, EMP, …), a Championship and an Arcade mode, 12 crazy achievements and Xbox Live leader boards.
1150739007.jpg

1150731190.jpg

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11190/Mad-Tracks-Update-New-Screenshots/

Suppossed to release Q2. We'll see. Sounds good so far.

Update 6/26:http://www.xboxic.com/news/1159#more-1159

sweet. I was worried when i saw the title that this was MS' answer to Sony's music service :roll:

[quote name='Apossum']sweet. I was worried when i saw the title that this was MS' answer to Sony's music service :roll:[/QUOTE]

LMAO. This game could be pretty fun with friends. The screenshots remind me of a Hot Wheels game I played a long time ago.

The game features 5 races, 10 mini games, 12 pick ups and power ups that you can stack (ie: rockets, freezer, oil drop, EMP, …), a Championship and an Arcade mode, 12 crazy achievements and Xbox Live leader boards.
Sounds like no online play :whistle2:(

Q2 of this year? They better get on it then.....

I wish they wouls roll out some GOOD XBLA games. But, I cannot complain....great stuff already.

As long as it's not another "move with one analog stick, shoot with the other" Arcade title, I'm all for it.

Looks fun, too. ;)

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Let's be honest, it's not coming soon is it. Nothing is ever coming "soon" to the XBLA. Unless of coruse soon means eight month delay.[/QUOTE]

Just remember "coming soon" in the video games industry means 1-9 months.

[quote name='Scorch']You kiddin' me? People are thinking of getting this? Reminds me a lot of

918189b.jpg

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Beetle Adventure Racing was good . I always enjoyed it .
There were cool shortcuts , and the track always changed on the last lap to keep it interesting .

But then again you seem to love wrestling , so whatever .
(I'm not trying to dis wrestling , I just haven't payed attention to it since WrestleMania 2 [6th grade])

Yeah, I liked Beetle Racing Adventure as well.

The keys and shit were fun as hell to find.

But Scorch, I also like WCW Vs NWO: World Tour for the N64 if that mkaes you feel better.:D

[quote name='CheapyD']Sounds like no online play :whistle2:([/quote]

You were right after all:

Multiplayer up to 4 only split screen (we promise the next title will be live, we have been working on it).
----

Updated OP.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']No Live? No buy.
Unless It's like 300 points (doubtful)[/quote]

Thats what I'm thinking too. No live play, kills the replay value. It's like Masturbating vs. Sex :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You were right after all:

Multiplayer up to 4 only split screen (we promise the next title will be live, we have been working on it).
----

Updated OP.[/QUOTE]

I promise that I won't buy your game, maybe the next one. :)

Eh, I still might buy depending on if it's any good and if it's cheap enough. Definitely makes it a lot less exciting though.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Looks like a ripoff of Revolt.[/quote]

Let us not forget that "Revolt" was the beta XBL game. I wish they would of released it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']bump. They heard all of us bitch and complain and they have delayed the game to include live play.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see someone removed head from ass over there.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Looks like a ripoff of Revolt.[/QUOTE]

I hope so... Always liked this game during the XBL beta testing (then again I really liked Whacked! as well) and was sorry it never got released.

Update 5/24:

fter being stuck in limbo for quite a while the game recently passed final Xbox certification, and was awaiting a release date. Denis Bourdain, head honcho at developer Load Inc. and a regular guest on our forum, would not solidly confirm or deny our information, but the tone of the reply edges on confirmation. Add to that the reliability of our source on this we can pretty much say that only an incoming meteor could stop Mad Tracks from final release Wednesday 30 May, exactly seven days from now.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2947

No LIVE?
Wasnt that why it got delayed? To put LIVE IN the game?

[quote name='thwjustin']No LIVE?
Wasnt that why it got delayed? To put LIVE IN the game?[/quote]

Yes, supposedly now its ready and it should have LIVE!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']No Live? No buy.
Unless It's like 300 points (doubtful)[/quote]

damit I really wanted this game but yeah no live blah

Damn...does anyone pay attention to dates and updates anymore???

It was delayed since last August to include Live. It will be release hopefully next Wednesday with Live now included.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Linkin they're out to drive you nuts!

Seriously, this game would be sweet if it only had live.;)[/quote]
Seriously...seems like I'm just having a bad day...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...does anyone pay attention to dates and updates anymore???

It was delayed since last August to include Live. It will be release hopefully next Wednesday with Live now included.[/quote]
got my scared for a sec all this talk about no live, and no we dont pay attention ever

It looks like Mad Tracks will be coming to the XBLA next week after many hints, and today we received some details on the cars that will be featured in the game as well as some of the DLC.
We received a lot of Exclusive info regarding DLC for Mad Tracks. There will be 17 gamerpics two of which will be free(Pictured below) and available at time of purchase.

957695-839342-thumbnail.jpg
957695-839339-thumbnail.jpg

The other pics will be sold in 3 sets of five, and one theme pack(Were told they are pretty colourful) and one picture pack will be available for 100pts and 150pts. We also were told that one month later a add-on pack will be released, and one theme pack and one picture pack will be available then as well. These packs will both have a cost, but at least we got two gamerpics free right?
We also got our hands on some Exclusive pics of the 12 Cars featured in Mad Tracks.

957695-837578-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837563-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837568-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837573-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837583-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837588-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837594-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837601-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837604-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837610-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837612-thumbnail.jpg
957695-837616-thumbnail.jpg

http://www.gamingtalkhq.com/gamingtalkhq-home/mad-tracks-cars-and-dlc-details-revealed.html

Looks to be coming along quite nice. I can't seem to find a gameplay video for this yet though. Game is looking good, and its been in development for way over a year. Live play has been included so lets hope its not another Novadrome.

More confirmation that this game comes out this Wednesday:

XBOX.com updated their Arcade section http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/madtracksxboxlivearcade/default.htm

• Crazy arcade-style fun: Remember the toy cars you used to play with, setting up tracks around the house and racing around chair legs? Mad Tracks is an arcade toy-car racing game that sets up its tracks in places like restaurants, toy stores, and miniature golf courses for that extra level of racing difficulty and fun.
  • Fun challenges: Six races, 9 mini-games and up to 12 original achievements will keep you racing.
  • Cool options: Twelve different cars and 12 different power-ups, including rockets and oil slicks, keep the racing fresh.
  • Multiple modes: There are lots of ways to play including Arcade Mode (both Solo and Split Screen), Championship Mode, and 4-player Live Mode complete with in-game audio chat, multiple leaderboards and weekly resets.
  • Downloads: There's a try before you buy demo, 2 free Gamerpics, and soon, 2 new craze-packed downloadable add-ons of 15 challenges each.

bread's done
Back