XBLA - Outrun Online - 800pts - Available Until December 2011!

Yea I never owned the previous versions so this was a good buy for me. I got to all the finishing points except the hard hard one which I'll work on today or tomorrow. Drifting is actually pretty fun with this game.

I just purchased this game and I am pretty addicted to it. I have that "Just one one race" mentality after i finish every race. Anyways, I'm glad I won 400 pts from that T-mobile contest a few weeks back, so at least I bought this game at a discounted rate.

[quote name='screwkick']Game is fun, however, the demo is way too short.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like someone who's never tried the demos for Connect Four or Battlezone.

Magical Sound Shower

Doo-doo-de-doo-doo-de-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-de-doo

Can you eventually unlock the original Outrun music ala Outrun Coast to Coast 2006? If not, bummer but this is still an awesome game.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Friggin demo crashed my 360.[/QUOTE]

Same here :( and i wanted to ask has anybody ran into the same problem? It froze and crashed my 360 3 times this week. I deleted and redownloaded the game again but it seemed to still not help.

Yea my 360 is still running and I love this game with its simplistic yet fun racing. Heart attack mode is my favorite, special challenge!

So this seems like its just Outrun 2, while Outrun 2006 CtC has a much more expanded single player game? But it appears the servers are offline for CtC... I guess I will buy this version then for online.

Wow I was just playing Midnight Club: LA for like 2 hours and wondered you know I wonder if the wheel works with Outrun. Yup, totally awesome too! ^^

The game has crashed my 360 twice, so it might be something with the game itself. I've still been able to play it a lot without incident, so the crashes are minimal.

I used to rule on Xbox OutRun 2006, but this one is kicking my arse for some reason. I can't even make it through 15 stage mode and those time trial times seem unreachable. The game is still lots of fun despite my failings, so I'm okay with that.

If you drift around every corner and try not to hit anything you should come within time. I really like heart mode, little variation goes a long way.

[quote name='Spybreak8']If you drift around every corner and try not to hit anything you should come within time. I really like heart mode, little variation goes a long way.[/QUOTE]

That's where I'm confused. I'm pretty good at drifting corners and can go without crashing, and yet those time trial cars still blow me away and I tend to run out of time around stage 12 in 15 Stage Continuous. I think the game demands pefect lines to beat some of those times.

Heart Attack Mode is a pretty good variation I'm glad is in there. That girl can be pretty damn demanding though!

All I see is a Review, no reason is given as to why it's being pulled from xbla. I bought the game a long time ago, it's fun just never play it anymore. Maybe i'll load it up again and come across 1 of you all :p

Ok, so I found more info:

According to a representative, SEGA’s licensing deal with Ferrari ended. This lead to the game being pulled from both digital distribution services. Although the game is still available for purchase on Xbox Live Arcade, it has disappeared from the European PlayStation Store. It should be noted the PlayStation 3 version of OutRun Online Arcade never made it to American shores.
Update: OutRun will still be available on XBLA until December 2011.

http://thesegasource.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/outrun-online-arcade-removed-from-psn-and-xbla/

Looks like were good for another 14months.

wow so it'll be up until december 2011? cool story, bro! I picked this up on amazon when they had the digital codes for the same as ms points and I think they should put it a notation in the xbl marketplace next to the game in its details stating 'will be removed soon' or something so people are aware and will make a final decision as to whether they buy it or not. I wish I had known about a few other games earlier that were going to expire so I would have bought them. Any way we can compile a list of soon to expire xbla games? That would help.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Double Dragon, Yaris, Doritos Dino Dash...that's all that comes to mind at the moment, but there's a few more.

Ok that makes sense now. Though I'm a bit worried come the next xbox we won't be able to re-download this and some other titles due to "licensing issues" which is why digital distribution sucks in a way.

Though I wouldn't wait a full year to get it if you haven't already incase they change their minds. Unless your praying for a sale.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ok that makes sense now. Though I'm a bit worried come the next xbox we won't be able to re-download this and some other titles due to "licensing issues" which is why digital distribution sucks in a way.

Though I wouldn't wait a full year to get it if you haven't already incase they change their minds. Unless your praying for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Once you download a game, it stays on your account and download history so you don't have to worry about the game disappearing. If the game company goes bankrupt, gets sold to someone else or whatever it won't affect you because you already paid to buy the game and own it so you're safe.

Oh I know on MS's side for the 360 the game is there, but I am more worried about the next console's side.

Granted they will be old games and probably won't be played much but it would be a bummer to own 60+ XBLA games and not use them on the 720 or whatever they shall call it.

Though it could be a lot worst. Nintendo won't let you re-download any of your Virtual Console titles (or even transfer saved that are system locked) to another Wii. So when I buy a new Wii all my Mario Kart hours are gone and I'll have to re-buy Castlevania Rebirth.

true, but microsoft does things differently and all your current content will be transferable to the new xbox once it is released I was told. I've purchased over 170+xbla and tons of other dlc, no worries here.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Double Dragon, Yaris, Doritos Dino Dash...that's all that comes to mind at the moment, but there's a few more.[/QUOTE]
Also several other Sierra and Midway titles... Battlestar Gallactica, Lost Cities, Cyberball 2072, Defender, Gauntlet, Joust, Paperboy, Robotron 2084, Root Beer Tapper, Smash TV

Some others:
Speedball 2, Totemball, EA Fantasy Football Tracker,

I long deleted the demo forever ago and didn't buy it at the time, but if it's going to be de-listed, may as well give it another go. Might pick it up due to the 2400 promo going on right now.

bread's done
Back