XBLA - Outrun Online - 800pts - Available Until December 2011!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Sega press release:
SEGA’s classic arcade racer returns, but this time it’s in stunning HiDef and available via PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. Developed by acclaimed Sheffield studio Sumo Digital, OutRun Online Arcade, will be available early 2009.

Test your time, speed and handling ability as you race through vibrant, colourful stages and rediscover the 15 glorious OutRun courses. From the steep streets of San Francisco to the beautiful beaches of California, it’s mile after mile of unrelenting acceleration, thrills and action. Feel the kick as you put your foot to the floor in one of the 10 high-performance, fully licensed Ferrari cars as you race your way across the U.S. to a killer soundtrack.

For the first time on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE®, OutRun Online Arcade delivers online multiplayer racing for up to 6 players, with fast paced OutRun, Heart Attack and Time Attack modes, the draw to the open road has never been so appealing. OutRun Online Arcade on Xbox LIVE® will feature achievements and voice; and on PlayStation® Network will include trophies, voice over IP and leaderboards.

Which route will you choose on your drive for the highest possible score?

OutRun Online Arcade will be released on Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation® Network early 2009.
http://gamersyde.com/news_7414_en.html

I don't recall playing this game, good to know I'll get another chance to try it out. Looks pretty good so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j_j']classic excellent game! have outrun2 on the classic xbox, which works on the 360![/QUOTE]

Yeah, i also have outrun 2 for the OG Xbox. I want them to show me a reason to upgrade.

15 tracks. The only ones I recognized were from OR2SP. This isn't Coast 2 Coast in HD. This is OR2SP in HD. Probably a port of that upgraded OR2SP on that super powerful hardware that got released in arcades.

Hopefully the original OR2 tracks will be available as DLC. The mix of all 30 tracks in Coast 2 Coast was legendary.

The screen shots make it look like a PS1 game with AA and BLF on :p

I wonder why we love Outrun after all these years even though other racers have come out better than Outrun? I don't know but I love the music from the first game.

Hopefully this game will have a more USA approach to it's online modes .
I have Outrun 2 for Xbox and it's online is pretty much bare bones .

Also does anyona know the differences btween this and the last 2 Outrun games ?
They seemed virtually the same , and now this does as well .

[quote name='j_j']classic excellent game! have outrun2 on the classic xbox, which works on the 360![/quote]

Same here.. I have Outrun Coast to Coast for the original xbox and I loved it alot.

[quote name='orbit18']hmm i hope this will be 800 ms points instead of 1200 like every other game[/quote]

I really hope so to.. Im tired of seeing xbla games for 1200 pts and there not worth it.

^

to me 10$ seems like the right price point. I am going to try the demo out before the purchase. If it was 15$ (which i was expecting) this would be a definite pass.

At 800 points I'll probably buy it. I'm interested in the game and I want to tell the XBLA people that 400 and 800 = okay. 1200 and 1600 = fuck off.

10 bucks is the right price. I'll try the demo out and see how it feels. I still have part 2 for the OG xbox and it is BC. So I'll have to compair the two and see it is worth the money.

800 is the maximum i'm willing to pay, but I think its probably more more with the recent releases of Flock and Puzzle Quest at 1200 and 1600.

[quote name='Halo05']At 800 points I'll probably buy it. I'm interested in the game and I want to tell the XBLA people that 400 and 800 = okay. 1200 and 1600 = fuck off.[/QUOTE]
This.

So what is exactly different between this and Coast to Coast or Outrun 2? Cause I already have both on the OG XBox.

For 800 pts It's a must if its anything new outside of achievements.

It's basically just Outrun 2 SP, or so it seems. Even during the Credits it says Outrun 2 SP. Which is awesome for the price. I love Outrun so it was a no brainier for me.

Please note, for the uninitiated, if you're not power sliding through big turns... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! When I got Coast 2 Coast on PSP, The game seemed freakin' impossible till I learned to slide. Then I started to COMPLETE RACES! After that, I started to learn where normal turning was better than the sliding, and that lead to my steady skill progression...

Anywho, Man, this is a great looking arcade game! The car models look fantastic.

I've played a few races online, it was fun and I didn't feel any onvious lag or such.

There is an online mode glitch, that apparently was even in the older versions of the game. Vets of the game seem to see it as no problem at all, and I never have experienced it myself either. From what it looks like to me, the racer went through an area that should have been barricaded, so I'd assume this can't happen if you just follow your opponents like you're SUPPOSE to, but that's just my take on it.

Video of Glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pthvQ8KYZlQ

General consensus is that this is NOT a deal breaker, but you should be aware of it anywho.

Any way, to ME, this is the definition of "Arcade" game. Short and sweet, but deep enough to lose hours into, if you really give yourself to it. I haven't even played Heart Attack, 15 Stage continuous, or Time Trials yet, this game would be worth it for me if it was just Outrun mode ^_^

[quote name='saunderscowie']The demo kicked my ass I couldn't even beat it.[/quote]

The Demo only has enough time for you to get through, say, one course, and 50/80 percent of the next one. In the real game, you get time increases at checkpoints!

After you get used to the game, the majority of courses aren't HARD... and the game becomes less about completion of laps, and more about "Wow, Can I figure out how to shave a few seconds off that lap time, or how to get a better score?!"

Also, the Demo is set to Very Easy. As is the full game when you first get it. I'm not personally sure WHAT that effects (Amount of cars on road? Agression of Rivals? Dunno...), but I figure it's good to point out.

I've played Outrun before, the only probably is I suck at all of them although I strangely like them. I might not pick this up based on me not being able to get far at all.

What a GREAT looking XBLA game. On the big screen HDTV, it's just like being at an arcade. One test run and those 800 points were as goos as spent. Yeah, it's the same game I've purchased before, but with those pretty HD graphics, it's well worth it.

Outrun 2 SP is the same as 06 Coast to Coast, or?
If I have a working XBox 1 is this game worth it if I own Coast to Coast and Outrun 2? I'm probably not interested in the multiplayer atm.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I've played Outrun before, the only probably is I suck at all of them although I strangely like them. I might not pick this up based on me not being able to get far at all.[/QUOTE]Same for me- I suck at Outrun but still enjoy it for some reason. I picked it up. It's fun, it looks really great, and it's 800 points, so that all added up to an easy choice for me.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Outrun 2 SP is the same as 06 Coast to Coast, or?
If I have a working XBox 1 is this game worth it if I own Coast to Coast and Outrun 2? I'm probably not interested in the multiplayer atm.[/quote]

It seems to me like it's almost identical. Nearly dead on. The only thing is the spruced up graphics, multiplayer, and cheesemints from what I can tell.

Xbox.com says Outrun Coast 2 Coast is BC as well, which makes this purchase even harder.

There are some issues with heart attack mode and some other issues when playing Coast to Coast on the 360. My old XBox works fine anyways so I can always boot it up on there. Online Community is dead for C2C and I'm sure even more now with Outrun for XBLA. So if you want to play online then this is a must, otherwise yeah I'm waiting for a Amazon 400 pt sale in a year or whatever just because I love Outrun so much I'll own the same game three times. Well sorta.

If you never owned Outrun then this is still a bargain to own.

Picked it up last night, game is as awesome as ever, well worth my $10 for the multiplayer and cheesemints, plus the added convenience of having it on XBLA.

The game looks great. This brings back memories of my youth :)
I'm going to Download the full version 2 nite after work.

It feels exactly like Outrun 2 on the original Xbox. With my pile of games I can't justify 10 bucks for a game I pretty much already own. Sure it looks better but the game is hardly about the graphics. Maybe if it drops down to 5 bucks I'll get it. But for now I'll pass.

This looks pretty sweet, I've played the original, and this one looks similar, but the graphics look great as well.

bread's done
Back