XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']Just a FYI, it's been confirmed that Stacking, the next downloadable game from Double Fine, is hitting XBLA Feb. 9th for 1,200 MSP/$15.

Edit: Should've checked the front page 1st before I posted...[/QUOTE]

That soon? Nice.

[quote name='Metalic']Anyone who has played Witch Hunt, What do you think about it?[/QUOTE]

It was more Dragon Age, which i enjoyed. But the ending just felt horribly done. It could have just been the choice I made at the end but it was a huge disappointment for me. And if you never romanced Morrigan, I wouldn't even bother. But at the sale price, you could do worse i guess.

[quote name='Zonic505']Just a FYI, it's been confirmed that Stacking, the next downloadable game from Double Fine, is hitting XBLA Feb. 9th for 1,200 MSP/$15.

Edit: Should've checked the front page 1st before I posted...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I didn't post about updating the OP b/c I didn't want to bump the thread. I figured someone else would do it for me later. :lol:

Woah, Stacking looks pretty cool. Though, i dont know why, but as an ArkSys fan......some part of me is dying to play that Hard Corps game.

On a side note, i cant decide whether to bite on Microbots or not, i love the premise, but i have about 50+ other XBLA games i barey play

So I want to buy Raskulls, ilomilo, Madden NFL Arcade and NHL Arcade, but I don't have enough points for all of them. Should I wait for a sale on the first two and just pick up the latter two while they're still on sale? Or should I buy another 1600 point card and just get them all along with some Rock Band tracks?

Is $15 a good buy for DA:O Awakenings? I have the vanilla game as a CE, and have picked up basically every piece of DLC over the past several months as they have gone on sale for 50% off or more. I just need to get Awakenings for a complete set. I intended to look for a deal on the physical version but seeing's how I have so much DLC for it anyways, half off on the digital copy is a fine alternative.

I'm playing Fallout 3 right now so I won't need to get to it right away, but $15 seems like a pretty good price for Awakenings? Or do you think it might drop lower later on.

Also does anyone know how long this EA 50% off sale is going to last? I don't have enough XBL points and it will be a couple of days if I order from amazon to get shipped the point cards. Would that be enough time, or do I need to purchase some points online somewhere so that I can get in on the sale?

Thanks- just noticed the EA sale today when going to shut down my 360, so I haven't been following how long this sale has been up.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Is $15 a good buy for DA:O Awakenings? I have the vanilla game as a CE, and have picked up basically every piece of DLC over the past several months as they have gone on sale for 50% off or more. I just need to get Awakenings for a complete set. I intended to look for a deal on the physical version but seeing's how I have so much DLC for it anyways, half off on the digital copy is a fine alternative.

I'm playing Fallout 3 right now so I won't need to get to it right away, but $15 seems like a pretty good price for Awakenings? Or do you think it might drop lower later on.

Also does anyone know how long this EA 50% off sale is going to last? I don't have enough XBL points and it will be a couple of days if I order from amazon to get shipped the point cards. Would that be enough time, or do I need to purchase some points online somewhere so that I can get in on the sale?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

My email says the sale ends the 24th. And I say it's a good price at 15 bucks. The cheapest I've seen the physical copy was 17 at Newegg and I haven't seen it at that price since.

I'll probably pick up all four songs for Dance Central. I wish they were 1 dollar like "I Gotta Feeling" when it was on sale. Still, good prices.

[quote name='Stephan123']Oh my... again bad deal of the week[/QUOTE]

Not if you own the game and haven't purchased the DLC.

I did obtain a free code of Control and haven't bought the other 3 DLC. So good deal. Saves me some MS points.

[quote name='Jankee']I have some extra "Control" by Janet Jackson codes from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, are you giving those away for free? :D

Here ya go RedJoey:

[youtube]LH8xbDGv7oY[/youtube]
[youtube]atz_aZA3rf0[/youtube]
[youtube]dW2MmuA1nI4[/youtube]
[youtube]MZjAantupsA[/youtube]

from the Dance Central CAG thread.

And thank you very much Jankee for the Control code!

Hmmm, will probably pick up Word Up and Temperature, maybe the Ne-Yo track, but I would have preferred something from "In My Own Words" for dlc.

Also from the upcoming deals:
Hydrophobia, 400 Microsoft Points (Save 50 percent )
Guess 800 points still wasn't cheap enough.

Too bad it's not all the Dance Central DLC, these are not really the songs I was interested in.

interested in deathspank, been waiting for a price drop. I played the deathspank demo and like it. any opinions on deathspank ToV? is it worth it, or should I be fine with just the original

[quote name='anarchyburger']interested in deathspank, been waiting for a price drop. I played the deathspank demo and like it. any opinions on deathspank ToV? is it worth it, or should I be fine with just the original[/QUOTE]

If you enjoyed the original, you will probably enjoy the sequel more.

Edit: From Major Nelson.

Week of January 31 – Get Wet!
Hydro Thunder Hurricane,800 Microsoft Points (Save 33 percent )
Aqua,400 Microsoft Points (Save 50 percent )
Hydrophobia, 400 Microsoft Points (Save 50 percent )

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like Rockstar and 2K is getting in on the publishing deal bandwagon.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/20/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-jan-20.aspx

I hope Minervas Den is part of the Deal :)[/QUOTE]All these sales are killing my wallet. I do hope GTA4's BoGT and Minerva's Den are 50% off. Would have gone for Hydrophobia in the upcoming sale, but I already gotta get more points to get the Fight Night 4 pack and Deathspank. Already passing on DS:TOV and hoping it goes on that kind of sale again.

Xbox is under maintenance so I am having trouble getting links. Updated the OP with the 1/31 DotW and the info about the upcoming 2k/Rockstar sale

If we are posting videos, I feel these are a better choice.
[youtube]I-772NH0VY8[/youtube]
[youtube]aMjoCr4PFgc[/youtube]
[youtube]ORinryIa2MI[/youtube]
[youtube]063ceRLNHoE[/youtube]

Not trying to crap on your contribution Eastx.

OT - Need a laugh? There are plenty of uploads of people dancing to this stuff, with little regard to looking goofy.

Yay, Hydrophobia drops in price from 1200 to 800, so I pick it up. And now, in two weeks, it'll be 400 points. :bomb:

I guess you can't win them all.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yay, Hydrophobia drops in price from 1200 to 800, so I pick it up. And now, in two weeks, it'll be 400 points. :bomb:

I guess you can't win them all.[/QUOTE]

I bought it when it came out at 1200. :bomb::bomb: But this is unprecedented so its not like I saw it coming at the time. Definitely worth 400 points.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Is $15 a good buy for DA:O Awakenings? I have the vanilla game as a CE, and have picked up basically every piece of DLC over the past several months as they have gone on sale for 50% off or more. I just need to get Awakenings for a complete set. [/QUOTE]

Isn't awakenings $15 at newegg right now?

400 points for Hydrophobia will likely net me in. I was intrigued by the demo when it came out, but 1200 points left a bad taste in my mouth. 400 points? Yes, sir, I believe I'll bite.

hope GTA IV BOGT goes on sale for 800 ms points or less, along with all bioshock 2 dlc. Hydrophobia is a steal @ that price and looks like I won't be buying xbla games on release day anymore heh

[quote name='utopianmachine']400 points for Hydrophobia will likely Wet me in. I was intrigued by the demo when it came out, but 1200 points left a bad taste in my mouth. 400 points? Yes, sir, I believe I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Yep...definitely getting Hydrophobia at 400 MSP. I thought the demo was okay but too much for 1200, nearly got it at 800, but will pick it up for sure now.

Castlevania HD levels and characters coming out each week now too (though they never get posted here)...awesomeness.

Edit:
Addons from MN - Xbox LIVE Game Add-ons:
January 26: Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Playable Character Simon Belmont, 160 Microsoft Points
January 26: Castlevania Harmony of Despair Origins Stage Pack , 240 Microsoft Points
January 26: Bomberman Live: Battlefest Bomb-Up Pack III , 240 Microsoft Points
February 1: Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike , 1200 Microsoft Points
February 2: Castlevania Harmony of Despair The Legend of Fuma Stage Pack 240 Microsoft Points
February 2: Castlevania Harmony of Despair Playable Character Getsu Fuma, 160 Microsoft Points

[quote name='intoxicated662'] Hydrophobia is a steal @ that price and looks like I won't be buying xbla games on release day anymore heh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've learned that unless I'm dying to play the game and want to play it right now, I'm better off waiting.

For example, I'm not sure I can wait for Stacking to go on sale. I'm pretty excited about that one.

I really hope Konami makes a bundle of the stages &/or characters available (or does a sale) for Castlevania HoD. I wanna be able to get all the characters & stages at once. I just got The One Who Is Any stage and now there's 2 more stages announced!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, I've learned that unless I'm dying to play the game and want to play it right now, I'm better off waiting.

For example, I'm not sure I can wait for Stacking to go on sale. I'm pretty excited about that one.[/QUOTE]

I am w/ you 10000%- I wait now, but Stacking was the game i was just thinking eearlier today that I may have to bite on-i did on Double Fine's last one costume quest..loved it. Didn't bite on the dlc yet, hoping for it to go on sale. :cool:

also, sidenote: Is Aqua anygood? I know I will get hydro at that price, but aqua caught my attention early on its release but then vanished quickly... Also, the DLC for dance central-WORD UP-he. cameo.. i have to bite on it... Not into the other songs-but seeing the old lady dance to temperature's moves might be fun, its only creepy watching if it is your neighbor.

Thanks for the post of the clips for the DLC Red and Eastx.. Fun to watch.

will be picking up Hydrophobia for 400 points...i played the demo and liked it when it came out but didn't want to spend 1200 points on it...

Do you guys think DS:tov will go on sale again? I bought the first but don't feel like buying the 2nd just yet seeing as I have so much to play its killing me thinking about it lol.

[quote name='tunavi']Will try the patched demo of hydraphobia[/QUOTE]
Is the demo patched?

I remember playing it thinking that it was one of the most painful experiences in gaming.

I'd like to see if they fixed the demo to show it no longer hurts the user

[quote name='kidrocklive']Do you guys think DS:tov will go on sale again? I bought the first but don't feel like buying the 2nd just yet seeing as I have so much to play its killing me thinking about it lol.[/QUOTE]

A lot of games go on sale several times: take the South Park game, for example. Others only once, like Gyromancer. If it does go on sale again however, I'd bank on it being 800 points and not 600.

Either way, it's your gamble. I wouldn't recommend passing on it. I sure didn't.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow, all this Castlevania HD DLC is getting a bit insane. I think im just gonna wait for a complete bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back