XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRobReport']Scott Pilgrim is a pretty good deal for 400. I bought it before I even saw the movie just because the demo was so fun. It reminds me of a snes/sega era beat em up with a better storyline. 4 Player Online and Offline co-op. I ended up putting the movie on my netflix que after I beat the game lol.[/QUOTE]

When did that happen? The last title update allowed for the DLC to be incorporated and unnecessisarily toned down the enemy attacks (but still did not readjust the damage necessary to destroy a wall on the 3rd stage for player count [either you're overbuffed for the time or you're co-operatively destroying them with 3 friends]). I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.

I too am looking forward to the XBLA Sonic CD release. I still have a functional WonderMega (JP) and X-Eye (US) to play both versions but on XBLA, I can now get achievements for my most favorite Sonic game. I hope Backbone is not the ones handling the emulation; I hate how they do not have options to disable hardware filtering of sprites, and I am not a fan of interpretation of smoothing pixel art (destroys pixel art). It is the reason I have passed up excellent old Sega titles (like Gunstar Heroes or the currently on sale Shinobi) on XBLA, because poor emulation ruins the game to me [I do not remember playing Sega games with Vaseline on the screen back then]

Ubisoft was also quick to add that with the DLC a title update will be released that will rebalance the "average joe" difficulty, fix several bugs, and introduce drop-in/drop-out co-op. The co-op additions is for offline play only. Ubisoft told Joystiq that there were no plans to incorporate online multiplayer into the game.

[quote name='Crono-00']When did that happen? The last title update allowed for the DLC to be incorporated and unnecessisarily toned down the enemy attacks (but still did not readjust the damage necessary to destroy a wall on the 3rd stage for player count [either you're overbuffed for the time or you're co-operatively destroying them with 3 friends]). I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.

I too am looking forward to the XBLA Sonic CD release. I still have a functional WonderMega (JP) and X-Eye (US) to play both versions but on XBLA, I can now get achievements for my most favorite Sonic game. I hope Backbone is not the ones handling the emulation; I hate how they do not have options to disable hardware filtering of sprites, and I am not a fan of interpretation of smoothing pixel art (destroys pixel art). It is the reason I have passed up excellent old Sega titles (like Gunstar Heroes or the currently on sale Shinobi) on XBLA, because poor emulation ruins the game to me [I do not remember playing Sega games with Vaseline on the screen back then][/QUOTE]

You should read up on the upcoming Sonic CD port, it's being worked on by someone else. This person is adding true widescreen support, as well as playable Tails. Really looks more like a labor of love than the Backbone ports.

[quote name='Crono-00']I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.[/QUOTE]

He is wrong - there is definitely no online co-op. I can't imagine a simple patch adding anything that substantial to a game, that would be some real wizadry there.

[quote name='Dustinator']It could be these, but we haven't received "official" word from Microsoft

Games on Demand
Mortal Kombat vs DC - 2400 MSP > 1600 MSP
Fable III - 3200 MSP > 2400 MSP
Halo Reach - 4800 MSP > 3200 MSP

[/QUOTE]

Wow, $20 - $40 on year+ old games... thanks M$! Hope there's something else. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='Gertle627']Not sure if the sale is over, but the Kinect Sports calorie challenge pack is showing up as 320 pts for me.[/QUOTE]

its over and a new sale started and its over and op never updated the tittle of the thread to reflect any of the changes

[quote name='sir-fly']its over and a new sale started and its over and op never updated the tittle of the thread to reflect any of the changes[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am a bit under the weather. Other than a few MW3 matches I have been sleeping. Working on the OP now

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry, I am a bit under the weather. Other than a few MW3 matches I have been sleeping. Working on the OP now[/QUOTE]

How dare you let illness cause others to have a minor (non-existent) inconvenience!!!!

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']How dare you let illness cause others to have a minor (non-existent) inconvenience!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah. Don't forget classes. I do blame a lot of things on being in classes or exams,

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah. Don't forget classes. I do blame a lot of things on being in classes or exams,[/QUOTE]

Which is a blatant lie. We all know you're a 78 year old retiree.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wow, what a couple of assholes in your new thread. Seriously guys!?

Thanks for your hard work RJ[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

I'll just do it another time when there aren't as many trolls online.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wow, what a couple of assholes in your new thread. Seriously guys!?

Thanks for your hard work RJ[/QUOTE]

/\/\/\/\

This. Haters gonna hate.

Wow, I can't believe people are bitching because the OP isn't getting updated fast enough. Seriously, why doesn't someone else start a thread and keep it live and updated like this one then?

Hey, Joey, I appreciate the thread and your updates. Keep up the good work! And, you're probably right, might be time for a 2nd thread to start as this one is now at so many pages.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Wow, I can't believe people are bitching because the OP isn't getting updated fast enough. Seriously, why doesn't someone else start a thread and keep it live and updated like this one then?

Hey, Joey, I appreciate the thread and your updates. Keep up the good work! And, you're probably right, might be time for a 2nd thread to start as this one is now at so many pages.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure InfiniteHorizon was being sarcastic.

A few others commented that x wasn't on sale and that led to why I hadn't updated the OP yet. Nothing really rude or demanding, just normal stuff.

Problems came when I went to open a new thread and it was trolled.

In the end, I really don't care about the trolls. I setup the thread so if I don't have the time to update the OP, the new info should be there and it can go a few hours (or days) until I can get to it.

I definately appreciate all the effort given by reddjoey. I just thought the weird posts were just facetious sarcasm. Alas, it could be difficult to detect without inflection.

Also, I hope the post-Thanksgiving sale for Xbox Live will be Iron Brigade/Trenched ... it feels like it is time. We had winners before with 160MSP for 'Splosion Man, Awful in Time Reshelled, and Greed Backlog Puchase last time, loved it.

Red Joey appreciate everything as always. One of CAGs best!

Anywho....grabbed Scott Pilgrim. I got if for PS3 but I figure for 400 points, its worth it for 360. And some cheevos! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back