XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vamn']I've always wondered that myself. It would make more sense than having the Kmart deals stickied. (i.e., XBLA is accessible everywhere to everyone with an xbox vs. Kmart which is only in certain areas)[/QUOTE]

Kmart pays the site money.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Honestly, it's worth every penny of the full price. It's one of the years best games, IMO. I'm a hardcore CAG, but that one is worth it for the music and narration alone.[/QUOTE]

I 100% believe you sir, I loved every minute of the demo, but if I buy another full priced Arcade game this year I'll have to turn in my CAG card. I picked one Summer of Arcade Title and it had to be Toy Soldiers Cold War because I loved the first one and I was not disappointed. Whatever sale price Bastion goes for the first time, be it only to 800, I'll be picking it up. Not that I don't have enough to play already...:roll:

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I 100% believe you sir, I loved every minute of the demo, but if I buy another full priced Arcade game this year I'll have to turn in my CAG card. [/QUOTE]
If you buy Bastion at the Microsoft Store you get The Maw for free as well, so you could consider that a CAG deal. :) I've been playing The Maw over the past few days and it's a fun game in its own right.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If you buy Bastion at the Microsoft Store you get The Maw for free as well, so you could consider that a CAG deal. :) I've been playing The Maw over the past few days and it's a fun game in its own right.[/QUOTE]

This has been the deal for all their summer of arcade titles. I got the same deal with Fruit Ninja Kinect. Didn't think it was still running though.

Good deal overall.

I for one am getting excited for December and lives weeks of daily deals. I LOVE that stuff. I wish Doritos had another set of free games like they have the past few years. I enjoyed them all and you cannot beat free!

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I 100% believe you sir, I loved every minute of the demo, but if I buy another full priced Arcade game this year I'll have to turn in my CAG card. I picked one Summer of Arcade Title and it had to be Toy Soldiers Cold War because I loved the first one and I was not disappointed. Whatever sale price Bastion goes for the first time, be it only to 800, I'll be picking it up. Not that I don't have enough to play already...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Awww crap. Thanks for the reminder, I need cold war too. I liked the first ones demo but never got around to buying. At this point I'm waiting for another sale on it as I know its coming. Seems like it was in a race with risk factions for most frequently on sale.

1) I Know this belongs in the Rewards wiki thread, but that gets buried

2) Since it's limited (and it's relatively crappy) I won't put it in the OP.

However, if you are a rewards VIP, check your email you might be eligible for a promo.

Here's the crap promo
Spend at least 400 Microsoft Points on any Call of Duty® merchandise in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace between now and November 30th, 2011 and receive get a free Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Avatar baseball hat!

Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any Call of Duty® merchandise in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace between now and November 30th, 2011 and get a free Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Avatar baseball hat and T-shirt!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']1) I Know this belongs in the Rewards wiki thread, but that gets buried

2) Since it's limited (and it's relatively crappy) I won't it in the OP.

However, if you are a rewards VIP, check your email you might be eligible for a promo.

Here's the crap promo[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a scam because I haven't played CoD nearly as much as they say I have in that e-mail.

[quote name='akilshohen']I thought it was a scam because I haven't played CoD nearly as much as they say I have in that e-mail.[/QUOTE]

I know. Like how for the past two weeks there has been a banner on my spotlight page. First for Battlefield 3 and now MW3, that says "Your Gold is about to expire! Renew Today"...thing is my gold is good for another whole year.

Picked up the Dishwasher game. Loved the first one and really just like most of what James Silva puts out.

I played that free pinball table today and man did it remind me how much I like pinball. Anyone want to recommend some of the single tables to pick up? I plan on getting the packs eventually, but don't want to drop that many points right now.

[quote name='Indignate']Picked up the Dishwasher game. Loved the first one and really just like most of what James Silva puts out.

I played that free pinball table today and man did it remind me how much I like pinball. Anyone want to recommend some of the single tables to pick up? I plan on getting the packs eventually, but don't want to drop that many points right now.[/QUOTE]

The Ms. Splosion Man one is really fun. Lots of stuff going on and pretty easy to rack up points.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Ooh gee, an avatar baseball hat, how generous.[/QUOTE]

woo! Useless avatar crap!

Wouldn't recommend buying any of the themes. Since they'll be useless and all when the new dashboard drops in a couple weeks (or a couple days if you're in the beta).

That is unless you just really want that free avatar baseball hat.. :lol:

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Wouldn't recommend buying any of the themes. Since they'll be useless and all when the new dashboard drops in a couple weeks (or a couple days if you're in the beta).

That is unless you just really want that free avatar baseball hat.. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Is this confirmed? I never bought any but this is pretty awful considering how much they cost

[quote name='bajingo']Is this confirmed? I never bought any but this is pretty awful considering how much they cost[/QUOTE]

No, it's an assumption people are making because what we've seen of the new dash looks so different. I'll definitely be irritated if it's true, but I'm not going to get worked up now just because it might be true.

Why would anyone even buy a theme? Are people here still buying screen savers and wallpapers for their computers? Come on, put that money towards getting some really great Indie games. You could get three great Indie games for 240 MSP. Spending money for something so trivial is just ridiculous.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']No, it's an assumption people are making because what we've seen of the new dash looks so different. I'll definitely be irritated if it's true, but I'm not going to get worked up now just because it might be true.[/QUOTE]

That and look at the past dashes. Have an old theme from 2006? Does it still look good considering half of it is missing? I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft ending up having a super premium theme system that would work with the new dash, but the old ones and the old premium don't look as nice.

[quote name='Indignate']Picked up the Dishwasher game. Loved the first one and really just like most of what James Silva puts out.

I played that free pinball table today and man did it remind me how much I like pinball. Anyone want to recommend some of the single tables to pick up? I plan on getting the packs eventually, but don't want to drop that many points right now.[/QUOTE]

i'd recommend sorcerers lair, ms splosion man, and earth defense. those are the best single tables out there. i know its tempting but stay away from the street fighter 2 table, its crap

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']No, it's an assumption people are making because what we've seen of the new dash looks so different. I'll definitely be irritated if it's true, but I'm not going to get worked up now just because it might be true.[/QUOTE]
I thought they confirmed that they'd no longer work a while back. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='Blade']Why would anyone even buy a theme? Are people here still buying screen savers and wallpapers for their computers? Come on, put that money towards getting some really great Indie games. You could get three great Indie games for 240 MSP. Spending money for something so trivial is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
What bugs me even more is when people spend 400+ points on some dumb avatar outfit when they could have, for the same price, bought one of many good arcade games that also comes with avatar unlockables that are alot nicer than the one they purchased.

[quote name='Blade']Why would anyone even buy a theme? Are people here still buying screen savers and wallpapers for their computers? Come on, put that money towards getting some really great Indie games. You could get three great Indie games for 240 MSP. Spending money for something so trivial is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Nothing but truth here. :applause:

Instead of dropping 240 MSP on some wallpaper (you know the xbox can use images off your flash drive as wallpaper, right?), you'd be better off spending it on Soulcaster or Blocks That Matter.

Hrm...I buy themes, not MS themes, but the ones made by that one company, can't recall the name, they made Santa's Village and Pumpkin patch, because they pretty up my screen. Would rather spend that 240 on those than some crappy Indy game. Every Indy game trial I've ever downloaded wasn't worth one MS point, let alone 80 or more...

And Yes, also bought the Stormtrooper outfit and the Mouse Droid accessory. Well worth the funds.

[quote name='praxus07']Hrm...I buy themes, not MS themes, but the ones made by that one company, can't recall the name, they made Santa's Village and Pumpkin patch, because they pretty up my screen. Would rather spend that 240 on those than some crappy Indy game. Every Indy game trial I've ever downloaded wasn't worth one MS point, let alone 80 or more...[/QUOTE]

I tried a handful of indie games, the well reviewed ones. All were pretty much trash, basically iphone games on an xbox. I did like one, but not for 240 MSP when it is the kind of game that is an iphone game. Carneyvale Tales was the game.

[quote name='bajingo']Is this confirmed? I never bought any but this is pretty awful considering how much they cost[/QUOTE]

well what the others said, plus the fact that only just recently (the past couple months) have they finally started putting premium themes on sale, which leads me to believe they will be obsolete once the new dashboard comes out. I do feel like an idiot for buying the gears 3 theme when it was on sale, but oh well

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']there are several good/well worth the points indie games. no need to trash all of them because you played a few "demos" of some mediocre ones.[/QUOTE]

Even the staunchest indie games people would still admit it's about 10% decent games and 90% cash grabs. Those aren't really good odds.

[quote name='Kaltic']That and look at the past dashes. Have an old theme from 2006? Does it still look good considering half of it is missing? I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft ending up having a super premium theme system that would work with the new dash, but the old ones and the old premium don't look as nice.[/QUOTE]
Actually the Game, Video, and System images still display full-screen ... it's just the main screen that's intentionally obscured.

No, XBLIG is a craphole. There's no pretending about it. No mindlessness about it. The only halfway decent stuff is lol retro gimmick platformers and BOY HOWDY INDIE GAMING DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE. That's why Sequence and Cthulu escaped that hellhole.

I'm just surprised Vorpal and Soulwhateverer haven't escaped to Steam yet. Those are about the only two (Soulsomethinger had two and Vorpal 2 approaches so technically four) worthwhile games.

ZP2KX and Miner Dig Deep are awesome indie games

[quote name='GregSal1']Has Limbo ever been on sale for less than 600msp?[/QUOTE]
no

While it seems the main topic at the moment is indie games, one of my favorite XBL indie games is definitely MotorHEAT. If you like arcade style racing games, you should really give it a try.

On another note however, my gold subscription is out right now, but I'm going to renew it Monday night so I can grab Limbo and Scott Pilgrim. Hopefully there's something else I've been waiting for the week after that too.

If you're in the dash preview and you have a gold account and you're interested in beta testing Mass Effect 3 you should check the preview channel on your dashboard right now.

It's not completely on topic, but it's a free thing you can download from the marketplace and play. I thought people might want to know and wouldn't check the channel otherwise.

[quote name='louiedog']If you're in the dash preview and you have a gold account and you're interested in beta testing Mass Effect 3 you should check the preview channel on your dashboard right now.

It's not completely on topic, but it's a free thing you can download from the marketplace and play. I thought people might want to know and wouldn't check the channel otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it was an error that's been corrected. When I tried to download I got error 80153003 and after following this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977373 it doesn't show up on the dash anymore.

Grabbed both Dance Central marathon packs. 29 songs for 2900 points (and I purchased points at around 100 per dollar, so $29).

Got Dance Central 1 & 2 in Target's B2G1 for about $60. Used the 240 MS points in each case to pay for the export of DC1 songs. Locked in the trade value for DC1 @ Amazon for $14, so that knocks it down to $46.

End result, DC2 with 61 extra songs (105 total) for $75. I'm pleased, even though it is a lot to blow on essentially one game. I hate that music/dance DLC is so darn expensive normally. Even with sales I kinda feel ripped off.

Dishwasher is pretty incredible if you're into 2D action/beat em ups. Seems to be a good amount of depth to the combat system and racking up huge combos that make a bloody mess of everything is extremely satisfying. Very reminiscent of Shank, which I also enjoyed quite a bit (yes, I know the Dishwasher series came first). Easily worth the 400 points.

So many positive comments about Dishwasher: VS that I just had to grab it! Darn you CAGers, you're supposed to be helping me save money!

Does anyone know what the URL is for that site that someone from her started with all the Live price drops? I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it and Google searched to no avail.

[quote name='crookshow']Dishwasher is pretty incredible if you're into 2D action/beat em ups. Seems to be a good amount of depth to the combat system and racking up huge combos that make a bloody mess of everything is extremely satisfying. Very reminiscent of Shank, which I also enjoyed quite a bit (yes, I know the Dishwasher series came first). Easily worth the 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Is it easier than the first one? I couldn't get past the second level on the first game :baby:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is it easier than the first one? I couldn't get past the second level on the first game :baby:[/QUOTE]

Yes, the easy setting is genuinely easy. There is also a Pretty Princess difficulty (not joking).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is it easier than the first one? I couldn't get past the second level on the first game :baby:[/QUOTE]

Never played the original so I can't comment, but reviews seem to suggest that this one is indeed easier. I was able to play through the first 3 or 4 levels without much trouble on normal difficulty.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Does anyone know what the URL is for that site that someone from her started with all the Live price drops? I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it and Google searched to no avail.[/QUOTE]

ravens52bears54, what search terms did you use? I probably have to add more "keywords" or something to help google.

[quote name='Stephan123']xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-drops-sales/[/QUOTE]

Stephan123, thanks for posting the url. I hope everybody is finding the site useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back