XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505'] kid you not, Risk: Factions is on sale. Again.[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced that MS will keep including it in the sales until I break down and buy it. Yes, their whole marketing strategy is based solely on my purchasing patterns. To put you all out of your misery I'll go ahead and pick it up.............you're welcome!:cool:

From Major Nelson's blog:

Xbox LIVE Arcade Release Date MS Points
Burger Time World Tour 2-Nov 800
Fusion: Genesis 9-Nov 800

Game Add-ons Release Date MS Points
Forza Motorsport 4 November Speed Pack 1-Nov 560
Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Bundle 1-Nov 560
Call of Duty ELITE 7-Nov 4000
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Gamebreaker Pack 8-Nov 400
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Skill Pack – BBQ Chef 8-Nov 160
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Skill Pack – Cosplay Warrior 8-Nov 160
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Skill Pack – Firefighter 8-Nov 160

Deal of the Week Discount Dates Price
Black and White, with a dash of Red Nov 1-7
LIMBO 600 (50% off)
Dishwasher Vampire Smile 400 (50% off)
Avatar – Skeleton Costume 200 (50% off)
Death by Cube 400 (50% off)

Legendary Warriors Nov 8-14
Deadliest Warrior 400 (50% off)
Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet 80 (50% off)
Scott Pilgrim The Game 400 (50% off)
Scott Pilgrim Guitar Prop 120 (50% off)
Shinobi 200 (50% off)

Sales & Specials Discount Date Price
Call of Duty Avatar Store Sale Nov 1-7 varies

Games on Demand Release Date
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 1-Nov
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 1-Nov
Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers 1-Nov
Fight Night Champion 8-Nov

WWE 2012 1-Nov
NCIS 1-Nov
Skyrim Elder Scrolls update 3-Nov
CoD: MW3 8-Nov
Sonic Generations 8-Nov

Annnnd nothing for me this week and same for next week unless I budge and get Shinobi. No complaints though since it saves me a bit of points then.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, already own that one. Kinda want just for cheap cheezmints without having to pop a disc in. Though we'll see eitherway.[/QUOTE]

I'm in favor of achievements and laziness, so I'm cool with that reasoning. I know everyone is desperate for my approval :p

Sad to say, but Scott Pilgrim Guitar Prop is the only thing i'm going to get. I've got tons of MS Points to spend and nothing different has gone on sale just a bunch of repeats. Guess i'll just get Deathsmiles 2X finally.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'm getting really sick of seeing so many repeat sales but I'm sure some people will be happy about next weeks deals. It's just a shame when there are so many titles that have never seen a discount.

I don't remember, was there a black friday sale last year?[/QUOTE]

Thrim answered it (yes).

I wanted to warn to not get your hopes up because outside of *1* (Greed Corp) they were *ALL REPEATS*

There was also a Thanksgiving and a year end daily countdown sale. It was fun for a while there.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Thrim answered it (yes).

I wanted to warn to not get your hopes up because outside of *1* (Greed Corp) they were *ALL REPEATS*

There was also a Thanksgiving and a year end daily countdown sale. It was fun for a while there.[/QUOTE]

The daily december deals arent a one time thing. Microsoft has done them for the last 3 years. I Believe is starts 13 days before New Years and it countdown. Also just finshed playing the shinobi demo and its nothig compared to the one i play when i was a little kid. Now it went from a no brainer to a maybe if the following's dotw if bad.

Dammit. Based on the title of the thread, I thought that the crappy Warriors Street Brawl game was finally on sale. Will this horrible game ever go on sale so I can finally play it?

[quote name='mightymek']Dammit. Based on the title of the thread, I thought that the crappy Warriors Street Brawl game was finally on sale. Will this horrible game ever go on sale so I can finally play it?[/QUOTE]

When I think on it, it seems the older and generally poorer, games never go on sale. I am part of the crew hoping in vain for Triggerheart but it seems that when games do go on sale they are usually the types of games that sold decently to begin with.

I'm not sure I agree with that strategy. I'm waiting for Triggerheart because I think it's worth about $5. Microsoft not putting it on sale is not going to suddenly make me decide it's worth $10.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']The daily december deals arent a one time thing. Microsoft has done them for the last 3 years. I Believe is starts 13 days before New Years and it countdown. Also just finshed playing the shinobi demo and its nothig compared to the one i play when i was a little kid. Now it went from a no brainer to a maybe if the following's dotw if bad.[/QUOTE]

I didn't imply it was, did I? If I did, apologies.

I was just pointing out that those sales were generally where the good stuff appeared.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I didn't imply it was, did I? If I did, apologies.

I was just pointing out that those sales were generally where the good stuff appeared.[/QUOTE]

Nope it was my fault. You didnt imply that. Yeah BF and the holiday countdown sales are the generally the only 2 times microsoft puts popular items on sale.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Sad to say, but Scott Pilgrim Guitar Prop is the only thing i'm going to get. I've got tons of MS Points to spend and nothing different has gone on sale just a bunch of repeats. Guess i'll just get Deathsmiles 2X finally.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate seeing the same stuff going on sale.

Games on my price drop wishlist are Beyond Good & Evil HD, Ms. Splosion Man, Bastion, Orcs Must Die!, and From Dust.

[quote name='Thrinn']Yep.[/QUOTE]

My goodness, it's been almost a year and I still haven't touched GTA: San Andreas since I purchased it during the BF 2010 sale :shock:

[quote name='htown01']My goodness, it's been almost a year and I still haven't touched GTA: San Andreas since I purchased it during the BF 2010 sale :shock:[/QUOTE]
dude I've probably put in over 50 hours since I bought it on black friday last year

[quote name='tunavi']dude I've probably put in over 50 hours since I bought it on black friday last year[/QUOTE]

Dang, that many hours?

I kept saying to myself that I was going to play it but other games came out. Plus classes, work, working out, sport competitions on T.V., all take up my time. (Sigh)

I'll get to it. I got to the Undergarden, and Limbo...I'll get to San Andreas.

[quote name='htown01']Dang, that many hours?

I kept saying to myself that I was going to play it but other games came out. Plus classes, work, working out, sport competitions on T.V., all take up my time. (Sigh)

I'll get to it. I got to the Undergarden, and Limbo...I'll get to San Andreas.[/QUOTE]

it's the no achievements thing, i haven't played it for more than an hour or so since i bought it too

Really liked the first Dishwasher after I gave it some time, I'm still testing the demo for Vampire Smile but I'm 99% sure I'll buy it.

Also trying the demo for Death By Cube...not sure why.

Oh and since Limbo hasn't been discussed enough in this thread recently, I'll go ahead and emphasize that it's WELL WORTH 600 points.

Never could pull the trigger on Dishwasher VS at 10 bucks, but at 5 bucks I pulled it. The game is insane and a lot of fun. Better than many disc based games at 4x the price.

so ready for Dishwasher VS. the first one was one of my first paid arcade games, and one of my favorites. totally looking forward to playing it, you know, sometime after i beat uncharted 3, dark souls, skyrim, zelda, sonic.... damn it all

Wow Death by Cube is easily Square's best game in the last few years. (It's absolutely terrible)

Guess I won't be buying that steaming pile. Maybe Dishwasher won't be so bad.

I just recently completed both Vampire Smile and Limbo, and found them both thoroughly entertaining. I had bought Limbo on sale for the same 600 msp price a while ago, and unfortunately I bought Vampire Smile only a month or two ago (end of August I think?) to capitalize on that buy 2 games get 200 points reward deal. I really only lost out on saving 200 points, and I got the pleasure of already having played the game, but I was debating berween VS and Dead Samurai at the time as to which would not go on sale the soonest. I guess I chose....poorly. [insert picture of knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade] [/self pity]

In the OP next week's sale should have the date of 11/8 not 10/18

Anyway, I snagged Risk & the dishwasher VS, now to go back to complaining that these sales suck and there is nothing to buy.

Might pick up Shinobi since it's so cheap and I'm starved for xbla games.....Since Limbo has been on sale 2 or 3 times already at 600 & 800 points, I'll gamble and hope for it to show up during the Black Friday or Year End sales for 400 points. The true CAG in me will hold out for that extra 200 points

Hmm... they added the other Your Shape DLC, so I finally thought "sweet, I don't have to hold out for the pack - I can buy each at 50% off!"

But of course, the one that was originally on sale doesn't show the sale price anymore. Gah! Aren't all prices supposed to last until the 5th?

[quote name='Ryuu555']Hmm... they added the other Your Shape DLC, so I finally thought "sweet, I don't have to hold out for the pack - I can buy each at 50% off!"

But of course, the one that was originally on sale doesn't show the sale price anymore. Gah! Aren't all prices supposed to last until the 5th?[/QUOTE]
Seems like the Kinect sales were like the Sucktober deals. They changed em up a bit after week 1. Week 2 seems to have different pets and dlc add ons....thanks for the heads up Microsoft

[quote name='Althax']Just curious, why isn't this thread stickied?[/QUOTE]

Probably because it rarely leaves the first page. Plus then might as well sticky the PSN, Steam, and iOS threads as well. They probably want to avoid having the top of the forum getting sort of cluttered.

I know this is left field, but does anyone think Bastion will go on sale before the next Summer of Arcade gets released? Maybe Black Friday Sale because it was the first one released or still too soon?

We wants it precious!

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I know this is left field, but does anyone think Bastion will go on sale before the next Summer of Arcade gets released? Maybe Black Friday Sale because it was the first one released or still too soon?

We wants it precious![/QUOTE]

I would guess yes, around Xmas time. Apparently it's also on sale for half off on Steam right now, if you're into that sort of thing.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I know this is left field, but does anyone think Bastion will go on sale before the next Summer of Arcade gets released? Maybe Black Friday Sale because it was the first one released or still too soon?

usually all SOA games go on sale during the 13 day december sales. I can see it hitting 600 and 400 for a long shot.

Honestly, it's worth every penny of the full price. It's one of the years best games, IMO. I'm a hardcore CAG, but that one is worth it for the music and narration alone.

[quote name='Althax']Just curious, why isn't this thread stickied?[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered that myself. It would make more sense than having the Kmart deals stickied. (i.e., XBLA is accessible everywhere to everyone with an xbox vs. Kmart which is only in certain areas)

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Honestly, it's worth every penny of the full price. It's one of the years best games, IMO. I'm a hardcore CAG, but that one is worth it for the music and narration alone.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I'd still love to see some DLC for it although the developers have stated that they're not interested in producing any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back